Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months (6485 Views)

USSD: MTN Snubs Banks, Links 77 Million Subscribers To FINTECH Platforms / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Telcos Lose 4 Million Subscribers In One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:18am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

Where I live doesn't matter.
A good network should have a good coverage.Glo lacks that greatly.
For your question, I live in Nigeria.
i have a feeling you guys keep saying this because you must've heard it from someone else and it's really not the true situation of things with you.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by TheHotspur(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2017
I believe am among those 9mobile and mtn loss

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Generalkorex(m): 8:27am On Dec 11, 2017
Nothing is working in this country
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Jeswino: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2017
TSTV will get better when the time comes, just that you foolish Nigerians who prefer to use foreign products rather than our very own wont give it time[/quote]
I have to ban you on Nairaland cos you are talking like the APC government. People patronise products based on excellent service and good Value for Money (VfM). There are many good Nigerian products and services that are doing well and a few that are not. Endeavour not to speak like the spokesperson of the police who says that #EndSARS is good while everyone is saying deal with the excesses. The person asked about TSTV so you answer this question based on TSTV and not to insult all Nigerians.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
i have a feeling you guys keep saying this because you must've heard it from someone else and it's really not the true situation of things with you.
Ọdẹ
Because it's so difficult to know abi?
Fück off my mention!
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2017
Uchenaija:
Seriously shocked

I have this cool business idea that can yield you 5 million naira in 3 months if you are willing to invest 200k. If you have a brand you want to promote throughout Africa that'll be an additional advantage to you in this partnership.

If you're interested please mail me at michaelayomide001@gmail.com
UCHEgrin

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by princetom1(m): 9:00am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:
Same thing will happen to Globacom soon.

Very stupidly slow network.

You buy a 4gb plan for one month and you'd only be able to use 100mb before the slurry nonsense expires.

Useless people.
Move to a better location. If u ever been to a good Glo location, u will never use any network again. Speaking from experience, because i have close to 100gb in my data account right now
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by SalamRushdie: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2017
Hmmm my commment earlier on in the this thread was censored and hidde even though it contained no insults or lies but just the plain fact about why subscribers have left the networks .

SalamRushdie:
A alot of factors might be responsible but the primary remains the poor leadership of Buhari has made most Nigerians some of the poorest people on the planet that many people are no longer able to sustains two phone lines conveniently again , another reason is that life expectancy under Buhari is so low and mortality rate so high that many GSM Subscribers have lost their lives to hardship, lack of health care , poor security , human abuse and extrajudicial executions all of which are hallmarks of the very disorganised govt we currently have.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Uchenaija: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2017
Adegbenro7643:
UCHEgrin

What happen
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by yellow237(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2017
the one way shock me yesterday was when I woke up from sleep to discover that 9mobile has borrowed me #1000 airtime cos I refuse to rechargemy phone for jst one week,abeg shey na by force to recharge again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by donbenie(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

You buy a 4gb plan for one month and you'd only be able to use 100mb before the slurry nonsense expires.

Useless people.
Fortunately or unfortunately they're growing larger unlike those who prioritize quality over quantity..
9mobile and MTN with the best data network are loosing millions of customers,while glo with the largest data quantity have gained..clearly the customers have indicated their preference with their wallet..

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by donbenie(m): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2017
ruffDiamond:
glo na criminal network ..big data but the poorest of service.. stop deceiving people .I be old glo subscribers... their dirty tricks no work again, people don wise. when it comes to browsng ,their signal, when e full is the most weakest and useless in Africa.. I'm angry as I'm typing this uploading and downloading takes forever even on full signal. rubbish.
glo network quality is area dependent..obviously with the amount of customers that choose to patronize them even with the quality of their services,people will go for quantity over quality in Naija..
And I disagree that they are being deceived,it's their hard earned money and they obviously wants the best utility for it and they must have used it for a few months and still prefer to remain with them after weighing their options,just as others choosed to move away..

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Welrez(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2017
ruffDiamond:
glo na criminal network ..big data but the poorest of service.. stop deceiving people .I be old glo subscribers... their dirty tricks no work again, people don wise. when it comes to browsng ,their signal, when e full is the most weakest and useless in Africa.. I'm angry as I'm typing this uploading and downloading takes forever even on full signal. rubbish.
It is not the same for me. It is very fast compared to other network providers in my area.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by salesforce: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2017
Really
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2017
princetom1:

Move to a better location. If u ever been to a good Glo location, u will never use any network again. Speaking from experience, because i have close to 100gb in my data account right now
What a senseless suggestion.
So because of Glo, I should relocate?
To hell with them. I'm potting to 9mobile ASAP.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by kolaaderin: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

Useless people.
keep deceiving yourself, the statistics has shown you the peoples favourite and you are still wishing them bad luck because you live in the bush or your chinko phone cannot stream data properly. Move to the city or you get yourself a good GLO 4G phone and start GLOWING WITH PRIDE.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by geedup(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2017
They probably died within the 10 months
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by firstolalekan(m): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2017
kolaaderin:
keep deceiving yourself, the statistics has shown you the peoples favourite and you are still wishing them bad luck because you live in the bush or your chinko phone cannot stream data properly. Move to the city or you get yourself a good GLO 4G phone and start GLOWING WITH PRIDE.
Fool
I use LG G5 and Sony Xperia z5. Where I live is not supposed to be a problem as long as it in Nigeria.
Fück off.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by lollmaolol(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2017
KushyKush:
Sorry for derailing. I just wanna ask this harmless question. Where is TSTV?

Apparently, nothing works in this country. Not the educational system, not the Government, not even Broadcast systems

They have been scared away by Giants
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Samusu(m): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2017
UfuomaUN:
The situation is even worse than presented by the OP. Many Telco related companies are in deep financial crisis. A Telecom company I know gradually over the year sacked all their well paid staff in operations Dept without reason and replaced them with fresh graduates and interns cos they can't pay 6 figure salaries anymore. Even in the SBC were I work, I happened to come across nearly 50 names that would be dropped this December while poking my nose in my boss files. Worst part is some of them are my friends but I just can't bring myself to call them and tell them.

That's why when people say Buhari for 2019 I feel an irresistible urge to strangle them or get a gun and shoot them.
We know it, 9mobile is the telcoy
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by kolaaderin: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

Fool
I use LG G5 and Sony Xperia z5. Where I live is not supposed to be a problem as long as it in Nigeria.
Fück off.

Where ever you live is not my business,get the network suitable for your location and stop being pained for non inclusive in awoof Glo is providing to its customers.
No network is perfect and no network have really covered Nigeria in it whole. Telco are really struggling to get service to the people and I bet they will rather fuel sites with a lot subscribers to pay their bills than fueling sites with only very few people on data that can never even pay the daily diesel usage on the site.

The moment Nigeria get electricity right, we will know the real subscriber friendly telecom among then lot
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by bobchigar(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2017
InternetGenius:
Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) statistics subscribers under the GSM category shows that 14.3 million active network users have been lost within 10 months as active mobile subscription from 9mobile, MTN, Glo and Airtel crashed from 154.7 million in January to 140.4 million in October, 2017.

MTN and 9mobile lost 11,528,125 and 3,400,894 subscribers respectively as Airtel and Globacom gained 422,925 and 190,031, accordingly between January to October.

As a result of the deduction of subscribers from 9mobile and MTN base from January to October 2017, MTN and 9mobile lost about 27.32 billion potential voice revenue within the 10 months period under review.

The porting activities experienced by telecommunications service providers in October fell to 19,419 from 33,504 recorded in the month of September.

In terms of outgoing porting, 9mobile lost 3,088 subscribers to other network providers; MTN lost 2,777 subscribers; Globacom lost 2,409 subscribers; while 1,432 subscribers left Airtel, making a total of 9,706 porting activities.

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://prexblog.com/telcos-lose-14-3-million-subscribers-in-10-months/
It may be as a result of stringent process of retrieving the lost sim cards
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by Ejadike(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2017
This bad.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by princetom1(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2017
firstolalekan:

What a senseless suggestion.
So because of Glo, I should relocate?
To hell with them. I'm potting to 9mobile ASAP.

No be fight nau... Who 9mobile epp? I spread my mat with what works best in my area... I was just saying, Glo isn't as bad as people are making it seems. Infact, all the bad campaign about Glo is because people really want to enjoy their cheap data and network isn't available in all location

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by GrandMufti: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
princetom1:

No be fight nau... Who 9mobile epp? I spread my mat with what works best in my area... I was just saying, Glo isn't as bad as people are making it seems. Infact, all the bad campaign about Glo is because people really want to enjoy their cheap data and network isn't available in all location

And he said he owns two band 28 compatible phones... smh
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by kalu61(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
Uchenaija:
Seriously shocked

I have this cool business idea that can yield you 5 million naira in 3 months if you are willing to invest 200k. If you have a brand you want to promote throughout Africa that'll be an additional advantage to you in this partnership.

If you're interested please mail me at michaelayomide001@gmail.com
Interested.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by UfuomaUN(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
Samusu:

We know it, 9mobile is the telcoy

No, I*S Towers
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by korban3134(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2017
KORE MOBILES NIGERIA
Call/WhatsApp 080 3870 8318

ACCESSORIES

We have top quality, stylish & unique accessories for all kinds of phone and tablets ;

• Leather Pouches/Wallet/Flip Covers
• Anti- Shock back cover (Reinforced Back Cover)
• Full screen Tempered Glass
• Regular Tempered Glass
• HC1 Class 10 Micro SD Memory Cards (from 32Gb)
• Earphones/Earpiece
• Power Banks
• Chargers (Smart Chargers inclusive)
• USB cables
• ETC

Screen replacements are Expensive! Protect your phone and screen with our quality leather pouches and tempered glass! Also Your phone pack doesn’t need to be ugly and common, at KORE MOBILES have beautiful and prestigious looking packs for every device (well except for Nokia 3310 grin).

Is your phone lagging and sluggish? Chances are that you may be using an inferior micro SD. Yes! the quality of the memory card you’re using affects your device’s performance. Get genuine high speed class 10 micro SD cards from KORE MOBILES at reasonable prices (take note there are class 4 & 6, lower specs that many sellers issue to unsuspecting buyers who know no better).

Get Good quality earphones that will last from KORE MOBILES NIGERIA! Be delivered once & for all from all those lousy earphones that offer poor music bass & call quality; those annoying earpieces in which 1 earbud always goes dead after a few days or weeks use.
Suffering from slow chargers or chargers that charge fast but the charge don’t last? (Ok your charger is fine but you’re still suffering anyway? cheesy) Heard of smart chargers? Yeah these are chargers that automatically detect the optimal charge volt and rate blah blah blah for your device and they can charge 1,2,3, or even 4 devices at once! Boss/Madam help your life, stop moving up and down with 2 or 3 chargers, contact KORE MOBILES NIGERIA now.

Want to know more? About the latest phones, power banks etc? Or you just want help on choosing your next phone? Call/WhatsApp 080 3870 8318…

Sincerely,
KORE MOBILES NIGERIA.
Re: Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months by AcquireCofOLand(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2017
AFFORDABLE ESTATE LANDS FOR SALE AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS

OF YOUR CHOICE FROM N500K. Call +2348034113771,

08155539270 (WhatsApp +2348027390046)

1) CHRISTAL VILLA GOLD PHASE 2
Behind Phase 1, Igbogun road, Ibeju-lekki
3 minutes after LaCampaigne Tropicana Beach Resort
Promo Price: N700k per plot
Promo: Buy 5 get 1free
Title:Registered Survey

2) CHRISTAL VILLA GOLD PHASE 1
3 minutes after LaCampaigne Tropicana Beach Resort
Promo Price: #800k
Title: Reg. Survey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBHK3vs-Z0

3) WALTON GATE ESTATE, SANGOTEDO (2 mins drive from

Lagos Business School Sangotedo)
TITLE: GAZETTE
Payment Plan:
Outright 0-3 months 12M (N11.4m on outright payment)
Initial Payment #2m

4) OPULENCE ESTATE, LAKOWE GOLF TOWN (1 minute off

Lekki Epe Expressway along Lakowe Lake Golf and

country Estate road, Lakowe).
TITLE: GAZETTE
Payment Plan:
Outright 0-3months N10.5m (5% off – N9,975,000 )
4-6 months N11m
Initial Payment N2m

5) ARIUM ESTATE, Abijo GRA (C of O) beside Nicon town

II, Off Lekki-Epe Expressway
Payment Plan:
Outright 1 -2 months - N7.5m
3 months - N8m
6 months – N8.5m
Initial Payment N2m

6) LEGIT COVENANT CITY ESTATE (BEHIND PUNCH NEWSPAPER

MAGBORO)
Price: #6m per plot
Title: CofO

7) Urbanbase Estate (Governor’s Consent), Bogije,

Ibeju-lekki, off Lekki-epe Express
Payment Plan:
Outright 0-3months – N10m
4-6 months – N10.5m
Initial Payment N2m

cool Westwood Park Estate II (C of O), Monastery Road,

Sangotedo behind Novera-lekki Shopping mall (Shoprite,

Sangotedo).
Payment Plan:
Outright Payment for 450sqm - N9m
Outright 0-3months – N12m for 600sqm (5% discount on

outright payment)
4-6 months – N12.5m
Initial Payment N2m

9) Greenwich Estate (C of O), Monastery Road,

Sangotedo behind Novera-lekki Shopping mall
Payment Plan:
N30,000 per Square Meters
Outright 0-3months

10) Villa Garden City, Magboro.
Behind MFM prayer city
Price: #650 per plot
Promo offer: buy 6 get 1 free
Title: Registered survey

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN
3 Months Plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

11) Royalty Gardens, Shimawa
5 mins drive from the New RCCG Auditorium
Promo Price: #2,500,000 per plot
3 months installment: #3,000,000
6 months Installment: #4M
Title: Registered Survey &
Global C of O in Process
Survey:#150k/ plot?

12) Casavilla Estate Magboro
Behind the Punch news Paper Office.
LAND PRICE: N2M
TITLE: C of O
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

Fully finished 3 bedroom bungalow @Casavilla Estate:
Outright: N8.5m
Installment:
N4.5m initial deposit
12 months installment - N358k monthly
24 months installment - 191k monthly

Carcass 3 bedroom bungalow:
Outright: N6.5m
Installment:
N3m initial deposit
12 months installment - N268k monthly

Fully finished 2bedroom bungalow:
Outright: N6.5m
Installment:
N2.5m initial deposit
12 months installment - N358k monthly

Carcass 2 bedroom bungalow:
Outright: N4m
Installment:
N2m initial deposit
12 months installment - N179k monthly

13) THIRD MAINLAND COURTS

Mainland Lagos
Prices: ?20million(400sqm)
N30million (600sqm)
N40million (800sqm)
N50million (1000sqm)
Title: Supreme Court Judgment

CONTACT us:
Call +2348034113771, 08155539270 (WhatsApp

+2348027390046). Let's discuss your plan and give you

the best options.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Free Unlimited Browsing And Download / Limitations Of Droidvpn / A Non-technical Review Of Itel 1551 Metal Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.