Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (6144 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by 1Sharon(f): 7:24am On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:
You? Don't even allow me to expose you here on nairaland.

cheesy Expose me pleaseee!
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by lalabrother: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2017
ollah1:

Your opinion and your choice. However, your statement is surely gonna make you one hell of an extremist. It's no wonder, non religious people are the happiest and take humanity FIRST

Non religious people are one of the most depressed people you'd ever meet. They always look for whom to blame at every slight challenge they face, so they blame God for all their predicaments since they cant blame their friends.
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by hopefulLandlord: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:

Non religious people are one of the most depressed people you'd ever meet. They always look for whom to blame at every slight challenge they face, so they blame God for all their predicaments since they cant blame their friends.

Guys, is this person drunk or he walks with his head?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by wirinet(m): 7:49am On Dec 12, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:
I know some atheist, and right now their houses are filled up with Christmas trees and decorations shocked and it baffles me so much, because I wonder why you will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ if you don't believe He exists in the first place or are they ignorant of the word "CHRIST-Mas" ? Please who is deceiving who? lipsrsealed

Just a queshion o! No fighting please

Celebration of the birth of the sun god (which you guys renamed Christmas ) predates Christianity. Other terms for Christmas which has nothing to do with Christ are noel, yuletide and Jul.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by wirinet(m): 7:52am On Dec 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus said to Thomas,
"You believe because you've seen me.
Blessed are those who haven't seen me but believe."

- John 20:29

But jesus physically proved his presence to Thomas before he believed. Why can't the same Jesus prove his presence physically to doubting Seun to clear his unbelief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by wirinet(m): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Maybe you should explain to us why human race adopt the use of BC and AD (i.e. 200BC and 2000AD)

The same reason the days of the week and the months of the year are dedicated to pagan gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by MuttleyLaff: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2017
wirinet:
But Jesus physically proved his presence to Thomas before he believed
Yeah because Thomas asked Jesus for proof

wirinet:
Why can't the same Jesus prove his presence physically to doubting S e u n to clear his unbelief.
Wouldnt make a difference, if He did
It will be a wasted and futile effort wirinet, rubbishly shrugged off as an apparition
besides, the truth is: Blessed are those who haven't seen Jesus but believe.
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:

If that's true then religious folks will be fighting against each other while the non religious watch from the sidelines. You attacked Seun simply because he is an atheist. But your extremist self, have used/presently use things done by people whom you don't believe in their religion or are non religious.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by wirinet(m): 8:53am On Dec 12, 2017
datola:
Strange that some people could believe there is no God.

Stranger still that some people believe that their God is a white Caucasian man, that was hung on a cross (some say a tree) by roman authorities some 2000yrs ago.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Guys, is this person drunk or he walks with his head?

Lol. Both. Tested and confirmed
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by wirinet(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Yeah because Thomas asked Jesus for proof

Wouldnt make a difference, if He did
It will be a wasted and futile effort wirinet, rubbishly shrugged off as an apparition
besides, the truth is: Blessed are those who haven't seen Jesus but believe.

Seun is also asking for proof, same way Thomas asked for proof.

How do you or Jesus know it will be a wasted and futile effort? You mean Seun would still doubt Jesus if he appeared to Seun like he did Thomas and ask Seun to feel the spear hole in his side?

3 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by MuttleyLaff: 9:23am On Dec 12, 2017
wirinet:
S e u n is also asking for proof, same way Thomas asked for proof.
He can ask,
however he actually, is blessed believing without necessarily asking for proof

wirinet:
How do you or Jesus know it will be a wasted and futile effort?
You mean S e u n would still doubt Jesus if he appeared to S e u n like he did Thomas
and ask S e u n to feel the spear hole in his side?
He is better off believing without asking to feel the spear hole in Jesus side
It is a leap of faith exercise, if anyone, so decides and want to jump
It's carte blanche wirinet
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by lalabrother: 9:36am On Dec 12, 2017
mr atheist dont get me wrong, its not my problem whether someone believe inthe existence of God or not. I leave that completely in hia hands. He got saul when he wanted to he can catch by himself.

My problem with seun was that he doesnt believe that God exist but he still goes on to assist those that preach God's message by taking it to the front page where the message will have a wider view. Isnt that foolishness?
ollah1:

If that's true then religious folks will be fighting against each other while the non religious watch from the sidelines. You attacked Seun simply because he is an atheist. But your extremist self, have used/presently use things done by people whom you don't believe in their religion or are non religious.
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Seun(m): 9:38am On Dec 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus said to Thomas,
"You believe because you've seen me.
Blessed are those who haven't seen me but believe."

- John 20:29
I believe that the story of doubting Thomas was fabricated to address people like me who could not believe in the resurrection of Jesus due to the lack of evidence. It simultaneously suggests that (1) the evidence actually existed, and (2) believing without the evidence is somehow better. What a clever way to avoid having to provide evidence for a highly unlikely claim.

“I can fly like a bird”

“I won’t believe you unless you fly in my presence.”

“Last year, I had a friend named Thomas who doubted my ability to fly, just as you do. He was so embarrassed when I flew in his presence, that he had to kill himself. He should have just believed me without asking for evidence. And so should you, by the way.”

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:
mr atheist dont get me wrong, its not my problem whether someone believe inthe existence of God or not. I leave that completely in hia hands. He got saul when he wanted to he can catch by himself.

My problem with seun was that he doesnt believe that God exist but he still goes on to assist those that preach God's message by taking it to the front page where the message will have a wider view. Isnt that foolishness?

Why would you have problems with seun and don't have problems with Mark Zukerberg when he also assist those that preach Gods message by allowing people circulate it on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram? Don't you think you are very foolish?

Thanks for concluding I'm an atheist. You are indeed extremely foolish
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by afoltundeseun(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Seun:

I believe that the story of doubting Thomas was fabricated to address people like me who would not believe in the resurrection of Jesus due to the lack of evidence. It simultaneously suggests that (1) the evidence actually existed, and (2) that believing without the evidence is somehow superior. What a clever way to avoid having to provide evidence for a highly unlikely claim.

“I believe I can fly”

“Last year, I had a friend named Thomas who doubted my story, just as you do. He was so embarrassed when I flew in his presence, that he had to kill himself. He should have just believed me without asking for evidence. And so should you, by the way.”
lol, oga Seun I would love to meet you in person
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by MuttleyLaff: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2017
Seun:
I believe that the story of doubting Thomas was fabricated
to address people like me who would not believe in the resurrection of Jesus due to the lack of evidence.
It simultaneously suggests that
(1) the evidence actually existed, and
(2) that believing without the evidence is somehow superior. What a clever way to avoid having to provide evidence for a highly unlikely claim.

“I believe I can fly”

“Last year, I had a friend named Thomas who doubted my ability to fly, just as you do.
He was so embarrassed when I flew in his presence, that he had to kill himself.
He should have just believed me without asking for evidence.
And so should you, by the way.”

wirinet, you see, told you.
Did I not say, it wont make a difference?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Adaowerri111: 10:57am On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:
Who is talking about being a Christian or not? My dear read and understand before quoting me next time.

Oga you talked about seun allowing people preach Christ through his platform and I said he isn't against any of the religion and you should learn to respect his/people's opinion, sir where did I go wrong?
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by lalabrother: 10:58am On Dec 12, 2017
They are all confused people, I said it earlier... I guess its wise for you to not read every comment I made before calling me the name that's originally yours.
lalabrother:
Exactly my point! You are all confused people. If I don't believe in something, then I don't participate in it neither do I allow any of its activities be a part of my affairs.
including mark zukerberg
ollah1:

Why would you have problems with seun and don't have problems with Mark Zukerberg when he also assist those that preach Gods message by allowing people circulate it on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram? Don't you think you are very foolish?

Thanks for concluding I'm an atheist. You are indeed extremely foolish
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:
They are all confused people, I said it earlier... I guess its wise for you to not read every comment I made before calling me the name that's originally yours.including mark zukerberg

seun is a business man he is smarter than you. he pushes sheeples topics to fp in order to attract more sheeples to advertise on his platform and make him money.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:
I know some atheist, and right now their houses are filled up with Christmas trees and decorations shocked and it baffles me so much, because I wonder why you will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ if you don't believe He exists in the first place or are they ignorant of the word "CHRIST-Mas" ? Please who is deceiving who? lipsrsealed

What do Christmas trees and decorations sleigh bells and Santa Claus and secular Christmas songs like "Jingle Bells" have to do with the birth of Jesus? I celebrate Christmas as part of the holiday season that ends the year and begins the next year, and I often travel and meet family and friends I haven't seen for long. It has zero religious significance to me. Christmas is essentially a pagan feast adopted by the Catholic church to mark their own defining event and other churches equally adopted it from those Catholic roots.

Christmas' secular traditions also makes the holiday unique compared to other Christian celebrations. Easter for example is about as relevant to me and many other secular irreligious people as the Muslim Eid.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
correctguy101:

Hahahaha
@the bolded, I arrived at that conclusion after one great sleep I can never forget or remember in total.
But I don't call it amnesia, but it sounds okay for I believe when God fully wakes up, existence as we know it will end and another will begin...

The big guy is sleeping and dreaming all that's happening now...
The hierarchy of life is all his doing. We can ascend if we work hard to. And work here denotes using your brain.
Reason for being alive is just to discover yourself, understand it and your environment.

If you mistake tell this to some people ehn, hahahaha make I no talk... lipsrsealed

As for the gods, not all of them love us o, some see us the way we see goat and rat and cockroach and even mosquito. If you disturb them with your human wahala, they'll just clap you to death and imprison anything that remains of you before you even realize yourself... lols

People usually pray, "let your kingdom come" but they don't know that if Yahweh kingdom ever comes, na wahala all of us go enter.
The great Lord of war will just finish us all because I know humans wahala these days pass the one wey dey Bible...

morning sir

We were not created to be know we are naked, the Lucifer guy helped us out, and ruined the entire plan, now we must ascend to be counted among those fit to reign with the Gods in the Cosmos. I do not know if people actually know that being dogmatically religious is very dangerous to their soul.
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Zuluhead(m): 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
Its a known fact that chrismas is meant for Christian, same way sallah meant for muslim. The atheist should have adopted new year as theirs since it's a netural date. Am not against anyones religions but you guys shouting about atheist, alot of african folks aint finding atheist attractive anymore and they are jumping into satanism and luciferian religion which are legal and registered in many parts of the world. An atheist is better than the others they are one pf the most intelligent companion to hang out with, most of my friends are but am not and we respect each others belief and religions.
BecaciaBarbie:

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by lalabrother: 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

seun is a business man he is smarter than you. he pushes sheeples topics to fp in order to attract more sheeples to advertise on his platform and make him money.
business man? Money is his sole aim, so he will advocate for God's(a being he believes that doesn't exist) kingdom so that he can make money? From an atheist perspective"where's the wisdom in that"? Anyways am not surprised anymore because his actions have been preordained by God. See some scriptures below...

Jeremiah 8:9
"The wise men are put to shame, They are dismayed and caught; Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD, And what kind of wisdom do they have?

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise(1st Corinthians 1:27a)

God did not choose philosophers, nor orators, nor statesmen, nor men of wealth, and power, and interest in the world, to publish the gospel of grace and peace. He best judges what men and what measures serve the purposes of his glory.
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by hopefulLandlord: 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Please, stop dignifying that guys vapid points with a response, his posts reeks of attention seeking
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
IamLaura:

Wow that's insightful.
Thank you for sharing that knowledge,I'm looking forward to visiting Ethiopia someday.Shalom smiley
Oh great. We hope to see you here then. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/3756319/visit-ethiopia

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by cyborg123(m): 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
lalabrother:
Exactly my point! You are all confused people. If I don't believe in something, then I don't participate in it neither do I allow any of its activities be a part of my affairs.
You will make a very fine businessman.
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by lagostokd: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2017
Seun:

I’m ready to return back to Christ this afternoon if you can provide me with the evidence.

The whole of creation is a testament about the creator. God has made himself clearly known through the universe, so humankind is without excuse.

If the universe were just a random cosmic accident, there is no reason for it to follow certain laws
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by frank317: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
He can ask,
however he actually, is blessed believing without necessarily asking for proof

He is better off believing without asking to feel the spear hole in Jesus side
It is a leap of faith exercise, if anyone, so decides and want to jump
It's carte blanche wirinet

Seun is already blessed, he didnt need ur God to blessed like u are suggesting... he is not asking ur God for blessing, he is just asking to see him. Let ur God just prove himslef... is that one hard for ur God too?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by frank317: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
lagostokd:

The whole of creation is a testament about the creator. God has made himself clearly known through the universe, so humankind is without excuse.

If the universe were just a random cosmic accident, there is no reason for it to follow certain laws

What did i see in the whole universe that suggested God. Is it malaria, cancer, earthquake, sun, snow or trees? What exactly did these things tell u about any God?
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by lagostokd: 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2017
frank317:

What did i see in the whole universe that suggested God. Is it malaria, cancer, earthquake, sun, snow or trees? What exactly did these things tell u about any God?

The bolded in my previous post already answered your question
Re: Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? by frank317: 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
lalabrother:
They are all confused people, I said it earlier... I guess its wise for you to not read every comment I made before calling me the name that's originally yours.including mark zukerberg

U sit down in ur house and call people obviousky doing far better than u confused just because they created a platform when Christians can talk about their fake God. How does it affect seun or zukerberg christians talk about a non existent God or not as far as they are making their money.

I am yet to understand what ur vexation is all about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don't Understand God / Man Reveals Why He Stopped Being A Pastor And A Christian / Who Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.