Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Motel Blues - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Motel Blues (511 Views)

A Certain Kind Of Deafening Pain: A Review Of October Blues By Obiageli Ilosiaka / Out Of The Blues... / Post-vacation Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motel Blues by Emmanuel1999(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
MOTEL BLUES (part One) *** “I go marry next year”, Bella said in her fabulous pidgin as she busied by the dressing mirror. I froze as her words hit me. She instinctively turned my way and continued. “I don dey old for hia. I no for tell anoda babe, buh you be my padi. I trust u finis”. Her face was angelic. Strands of the Brazilian weave she fixed over her husk-like hair curled around her ear lobes. The undergrowth was showing- stiff and wispy, at the ridge of her forehead. We gazed at each other for a long while. “Who go marry you?”, I asked, patronizing her. “Normal things- person go show. But if nobody wan serious, I go kokoma find my way. I still get dey glitz- you know… Oga Chris dey even talk am”, she concluded, turning her face back to the mirror. She was beginning to apply mascara. Something to hide the age-lines that etched across her beautiful face. I felt pity for her at first. *if you are done readin this part please alert me, so i would continue#

(1) (Reply)

Poem: I Miss You / The tales of Rita By precious / See What A Stupid Elder Did To A Lazy Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.