Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu (15968 Views)

Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video) / Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by AxxeMan: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, on Monday said he never said that the Benin people owned Lagos.
The monarch spoke in Victoria Island, Lagos, at the launch of “Defend the Defenseless”, a book written by Arese Carrington, wife of a former U.S. ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington.
Oba Akiolu was reacting to controversies generated by his earlier remarks that the developmental strides being witnessed in Lagos State was because of the blessings given to it by a past Oba of Benin.
The comment generated debates in the media with many contesting the monarch’s position.

In a recent interview with PUNCH, Sammy Adebiyi, a prince of the Akinsemoyin Ruling House of Lagos, who is contesting rights to the throne of Oba of Lagos, said that the Awori are the original owners of Lagos.
Mr. Adebiyi added that neither the Benin nor the Yoruba owned Lagos

Apparently making reference to reactions generated by his earlier comments, Oba Akiolu on Monday took shots at those who criticised him, saying many of them are not “bonafide sons of Lagos.”
The monarch promised to reply his critics by next year when he begins celebration of his 15th year on the throne as king.

“I never said Bini owned Lagos… but the influence of the Oba of Benin, nobody can wash it away in Lagos,” he said.

“You must have been reading many things in the newspapers. By the grace of God Almighty Allah, next year when I begin to celebrate my 15th anniversary, they will know the kind of person Oba Akiolu is.”

The monarch also commended the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, saying nobody can stop him in his political aspirations.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/252183-i-never-said-benin-owned-lagos-oba-akiolu.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by AxxeMan: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2017
......oba GHA to kpehe....... Isee!!

No matter how long you stay in a strange land , the day you meet your blood you will know it is your blood!!

Blood Never Lies!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

Lalasticlala , Mynd44

How can a whole Oba be addressed as Mr Akiolu. Mr? That is a breach of royal protocol. sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by yanabazee: 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Mtchwwwwww!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by AxxeMan: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
yanabazee:
Mtchwwwwww!!!

E pain u ooo..... Pls take heart!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by AxxeMan: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
igbodefender:

How can a whole Oba be addressed as Mr Akiolu. Mr? That is a breach of royal protocol. sad

Noted and Corrected!

Na premiumtimes oo, they are obviously pained by this honest and truthfull news. They are obviously high

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
AxxeMan:

Noted and Corrected!

Na premiumtimes oo, they are obviously pained by this honest and truthfull news. They are obviously high on ewedu
You are not to blame, Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by chiagozien(m): 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by legitnow: 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
No mans land again?

The confused Afonja keep running from pillar to post trying to lay claim to no mans land.

Bini must produce next Gov of Lagos State.

After dat it will be Igbo turn as the developers.

No more marginalisation of the real owners of Lagos.

"Lagos no go spoil Oooo!"

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by NwaAmaikpe: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2017
shocked

The Oba of Benin is my boy.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by AxxeMan: 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Oba of Benin is my boy.

Must you be stupid all the time ?

Just to collect nairaland likes?

You are the worst kind of fool

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by bright007(f): 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2017
The afonja e-warriors be running into this thread like...

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by googi: 4:46am On Dec 12, 2017
It is too late to change how Oba Akiolu was interpreted. The influence and blood of Bini that have been accommodated for too long will be washed clean.

It is surprising that they have not denied their father, Alagba from Ilesa.

Ilesa should be beating their chest, not their half Bini half Awori mother.

8 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by esbjaygmailco(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2017
This monarch and lie muhammed, are they of the same parent?

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by cescky(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2017
AxxeMan:

Must you be stupid all the time ?

Just to collect nairaland likes?

You are the worst kind of fool

See this nigga ooo. Why Ede pain you like this....is it your foolishness grin grin

@ post

It's this basket mouth again grin

6 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Ihatepork: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2017
legitnow:
No mans land again?

The confused Afonja keep running from pillar to post trying to lay claim to no mans land.

the real owners that are still crying about Ambode demolishing their dirty 2x2 shops grin grin. These people won't kill us with laugh. Try and develop your landlocked potorpotor region that's being washed away by erosion first. We know you Ps and Is with your italian-Edo siblings are really pained by Akiolu's statement but we understand you're trying to mask it. You'll all be fine grin cheesy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6371494_screenshot2017120300544211_jpegf547c90bb1a692309d12337883d20253

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Agbaletu: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2017
bright007:
The afonja e-warriors be running into this thread like...
This guy no go kill me o.
lol

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by aybabz101: 10:11am On Dec 12, 2017
jst tired of dis "who own lagos" topic. if d benin or d ijaws or d igbos own lagos, to whose benefit? let d binins fly frm benin without passing tru d yoruba territory to stamp their authority on lagos. if 9ja split today, who do u think will have Lag? or will dey split lagos along with SS or SE?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Standardcosting(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Keep kwayet
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Who owns the Lagoon?

3 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by AishaBuhari: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Ah Ah! Let them stop giving our SW brothers heart attack with these news making rounds on every news vendor na cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Northernonyenku(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2017
Fear fear king
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by PointZerom: 10:13am On Dec 12, 2017
Lagos is a no man's land.
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by CrtlAltDel: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2017
legitnow:
[s]No mans land again?

"Lagos no go spoil Oooo[/s]!"

PointZerom:
Lagos is a no man's land.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Habakus: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2017
“I never said Bini owned Lagos… "
And you never said Yorubas owned Lagos, right?
Are you now implying Lagos is a no man's land?
Smh. This is what you get when people deliberately attempt to twist history; you'll say one thing today and a different thing tomorrow, according to the political climate.
But we all know the truth: if anyone should claim ownership of Lagos., then it should be the Binis.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Paperwhite(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2017
Ngwannu! Let the e-war continues now between the Benins and Aworists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by pagorino(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2017
A family was at the dinner table.
Son asked his father -'Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there??'
Surprised father answered - 'Well, son, there are three kinds of boobs...: In her 20's, a woman's are like melons, round and firm. In her 30's to 40's, they are like pears, still nice but hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions'.
Son - 'Onions?'
Father - 'Yes, you see them and they make you cry. �'
This made his wife and daughter mad �. So the daughter said -'Mom, how many kinds of 'joysticks' are there?'
The mother smiled and answered - 'Well dear, a man goes through three phases. In his 20's, his penis is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his 30's and 40's, it is like a birch�, flexible but reliable. After his 50's, it is like a Christmas Tree.'
Daughter - 'A Christmas tree?'
*Mom - 'Yes - the tree is dead and the balls are just for decoration.'*
��
Merry Xmas in advance

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by PrinceOgun: 10:15am On Dec 12, 2017

The fact of all this is that OBA OF BENIN IS THE FATHER OF EKO LAGOS!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by superstar1(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2017
Chaiiiii

Bad news for people from gully erosion.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Bari22: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2017
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by emmie14: 10:22am On Dec 12, 2017
legitnow:
No mans land again?

In a recent interview with PUNCH, Sammy Adebiyi, a prince of the Akinsemoyin Ruling House of Lagos, who is contesting rights to the throne of Oba of Lagos, said that the Awori are the original owners of Lagos.
Mr. Adebiyi added that neither the Benin nor the Yoruba owned Lagos

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Annang. / The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / Tribal Marks Across Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.