Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,222 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu (15954 Views)

Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video) / Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
if you trace the history far back in 10th century, u find out that yoruba own that benin land, so benin or whatever is no where near lagos ownership..

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Mbediogu(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2017
Zionista:
Who owns the Lagoon?
Mammy water and husband pappy water are the rightful owners of Lagos.
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by PrinceOgun: 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
dgurudoer:
if you trace the history far back in 10th century, u find out that yoruba own that benin land, so benin or whatever is no where near lagos ownership..

Yoruba that have no history ..... Guy waka pass
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by baby124: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
PrinceOgun:

What is your own history? Tell us? How come your rulers were Ogiso before they became Oba? What caused them to become Oba?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by PrinceOgun: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
baby124:

What is your own history? Tell us? How come your rulers were Ogiso before they became Oba? What caused them to become Oba?

Go and read , I have no time to educate an illiterate
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by baby124: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
PrinceOgun:

Go and read , I have no time to educate an illiterate
But you claim to know your history. Please enlighten us Mr educated. And did you say Ogun is edo? Please ask your father well where his forefathers come from.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by BENEAMATA: 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Mbediogu:

Mammy water and husband pappy water are the rightful owners of Lagos.
GUY, you no well oh,look make una no let me mistime wetin i dey try set to precision here oh! LOL
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by sammyRoy147(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Oba of Benin isy my boy.

Thunder fire you. Idiot
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by ipodstinks: 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
PrinceOgun:

Close your mouth and stop spewing lies and making up stories they are not Yoruba's and never will..... They keep denouncing you ppl at every turn grin grin grin
They are not, so you are from there. Mumu. Same way you want to take ijaw land from them abi? grin grin. I doubt if you know the meaning of bini you are from or know the very first king of bini. Go home and ask your elders to explain to you why the heads of formal obas of Benin usually buried in oduduwa shrine in ife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by ipodstinks: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
PrinceOgun:

Yoruba have no history hehehehehe. See edo, a tribe that is less important in this nation talking grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Mccullum: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
Alaska90:
[/b]

That is falsehood! Bini never invaded Lagos at anytime in history. Bini Kingdom as polular as it was never had the military capability to invade Lagos. There is no evidence of that in a any history ( if you have one please quote). And there are no other evidence of bini conquering any kingdom like ondos, ilajes and ijebus along the way to Lagos. (so how did they get to Lagos?)

But its true that Bini people came to Lagos at one time and they influence the royal culture in Lagos island only.

Others like ondos, ijebus, ilajes and even ekitis/ijesha came too and settled in places like yaba, ido

But People have been in Lagos before all these people

Lagos of that time was not rich and important like now. The white man made Lagos prosperous.So it was not so economical important to close militaly empires like dahomey and Oyo empire to invade.

They're invaders, illiterate of history, tell anywhere in Lagos State that bini language is their native language, if not British forced their forefathers language on us, no one will be speaking English as Official language in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by mercyville: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
Deo1986:
Bini are not the owners of Lagos but they did conquer lagos some 600 ago. It was a result of jealousy when they saw the extent of the Bini kingdom and how the oba of Lagos was afraid to sign any treaty with them, refering them to his superior at Bini that the perfidous British then sack the binis from lagos in the mid eighteen century when they carried out the first punitive expedition sending the then Oba on exile to Calabar. The sneakish yorubas from all part of yoruba land began creeping in to lay claim to Lagos.

Dracula

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by mercyville: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
PrinceOgun:

Story Story !

Okay..come carry Lagos to Abakaleke now...lol.
How market?

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Deo1986(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
ipodstinks:
You too dey lie. Tell me why the binis are not claiming ondo state. But jump over it and ogun to claim Lagos.
go read your history books.
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Tundeobama(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
The whole edo state that is not up to 3 local govt in Ibadan,comparing themselves to Yoruba wonders shall never end.when ijaw finish dealing with them we are watching

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Niyinficient(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
AxxeMan:

Must you be stupid all the time ?

Just to collect nairaland likes?

You are the worst kind of fool

Haba! una dey fight before? wetin she talk for u to descend on am like that na? o ga o
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by Deo1986(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2017
mercyville:

Dracula
cool
mercyville:

Dracula
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by MyCircle(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
shocked shocked

Keep your circle close and tight.
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by vannessa7(f): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
mercyville:

Dracula

Painful much? By the way that is not a Yoruba tribal mark, We have tribal marks in Yoruba land because it is part of our culture and belief that children and family are more important than anything and should not be lost in case of war and they are taken captive they have a means of identity in a foreign land and can easily find each other and trace their way back home, and as per Benin owing Lagos, it's just oba Akiolu trying to get back at the ooni of ife for their altercation, but Igbos don't have to believe it because it will be a cold day in hell before they will tell the truth but they will always strive and aspire but they will never unseat Yoruba from the helm of affairs in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by macof(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
Habakus:
“I never said Bini owned Lagos… "
And you never said Yorubas owned Lagos, right?
Are you now implying Lagos is a no man's land?
Smh. This is what you get when people deliberately attempt to twist history; you'll say one thing today and a different thing tomorrow, according to the political climate.
But we all know the truth: if anyone should claim ownership of Lagos., then it should be the Binis.
then what happens to the people that own the land?

You people just talk without using reason
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by googi: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Most Africans have tribal marks including Hausa, Igbo (ichi) and Yoruba.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/556898310163479111/

[img] [/img]
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by PrinceOgun: 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
mercyville:

Dracula

grin grin grin grin worwor
Re: I Never Said Benin Owned Lagos – Oba Akiolu by python1: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
DonVikings:
Python1, where did you discover these ipob drones? Anytime I see them I just keep lmfao . grin cheesy grin
Lol grin. Those are the fighter jets being deployed against the successor of our dilector. Don't tell me you are not aware of who took over from kanu grin. Since our dilector has decided to do Ojukwu season II, we have decided to try a muslim abokii in person of Atiku, though he promised to change his tribe and religion immediately we succeed in this our presentation agitation to install him as the president. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Annang. / The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / Tribal Marks Across Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.