Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife (7221 Views)

Help My Tribal Brother Has 8 Kids And The Wife Is Heavily Pregnant. / How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2017
From observations and reviews here are some of the disavantages of a man 10 years older than the wife.

1. They belong to different generation.
2. Some of them like sending wifey on errands in public places
3. You might end up raising the children all alone.

You can add yours.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
THat’s the age difference between my parents and they get along PERFECTLY well! I guess the success of the marriage would be based of individuality, mutual respect and understanding and maturity of the people involved.

25 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 12, 2017
Are you minding the op? With her myopic view about life. That's d probably the age gap of a man that can handle her immaturity. Its what some ppl actually want sef.
LadyGoddiva:
THat’s the age difference between my parents and they get along PERFECTLY well! I guess the success of the marriage would be based of individuality, mutual respect and understanding and maturity of the people involved.

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 9:47am On Dec 12, 2017
LadyGoddiva:

I SAID SOME OF THEM NOT ALL.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 10:02am On Dec 12, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Are you minding the op? With her myopic view about life. That's d probably the age gap of a man that can handle her immaturity. Its what some ppl actually want sef.

You are myopic, stop deceiving yourself.

The age gap between pastor Sam Adeyemi and Nike Adeyemi is not up to 10 years. Just imagine if Pastor Nike Adeyemi didn't marry pastor Sam but end up with a man ten years older than her. Even for the fact that the age gab between them is not up to ten Pastor Sam is Matured and extremely sound. Thank God Pastor Nike married a man that is not ten years older than her.

Also the age difference between Barack Obama and Michelle Obama is not up to ten years.
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by MrBottle: 11:37am On Dec 12, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
You saw what you want to see...what your mind is expected to see. Any age gap more than 5 years of age especially in Nigeria will have the junior partner running errand for the senior one. You see the junior Party answering sir upandan to the senior partner instead of honey, darling and the rest of dem endearment.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2017
Bro, you ain’t in my family, you don’t know my parents and you’re not a member of my home so it’s pretty silly of you to come and make such crass generalizations. If what you described is what you see in such peculiar cases, that doesn’t mean it applies everywhere. I’m a very perceptive and observant person, these are my parents I’m talking about, I’ve lived with them all my life and I think I’m in the best position to say what goes on in my home. smiley
MrBottle:
You saw what you want to see...what your mind is expected to see. Any age gap more than 5 years of age especially in Nigeria will have the junior partner running errand for the senior one. You see the junior Party answering sir upandan to the senior partner instead of honey, darling and the rest of dem endearment.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by MrBottle: 11:55am On Dec 12, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Bro, you ain’t in my family, you don’t know my parents and you’re not a member of my home so it’s pretty silly of you to come and make such crass generalizations. If what you described is what you see in such peculiar cases, that doesn’t mean it applies everywhere. I’m a very perceptive and observant person, these are my parents I’m talking about, I’ve lived with them all my life and I think I’m in the best position to say what goes on in my home. smiley
And you are very silly to call me silly. Make your point as I have made mine.
I observed something from your post which I have seen on several occasions in many families that with that age gap someone has been subdued to the extent they don't have voice again.--- thats my stance. And you don't have to call me silly to buttress your point.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
My apologies
You perhaps misread me. I didn’t call you that, I only asserted that it was silly or not sensible to make generalizations like that just because you’ve seen that scenario play out multiple times. Again, I apologize.
MrBottle:
I observed something from your post which I have seen on several occasions in many families that with that age gap someone has been subdued to the extent they don't have voice again.--- thats my stance. And you don't have to call me silly to buttress your point.

9 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by chii8(f): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
Na waoooo, age doesn't really matter, where there is LOVE; you won't even notice.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by OKUCHI11(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
aureen:

The age gap between pastor Sam Adeyemi and Nike Adeyemi is not up to 10 years. Just imagine if Pastor Nike Adeyemi didn't marry pastor Sam but end up with a man ten years older than her. Even for the fact that the age gab between them is not up to ten Pastor Sam is Matured and extremely sound. Thank God Pastor Nike married a man that is not ten years older than her.

Also the age difference between Barack Obama and Michelle Obama is not up to ten years.

should the above mentioned... be a yardstick for all... no offence please..

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
OKUCHI11:
should the above mentioned... be a yardstick for all... no offence please..

You can find it in my post where I mentioned SOME.

I had to use this reference because it was necessary.
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by jaychubi: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
aureen:
From observations and reviews here are some of the disavantages of a man 10 years older than the wife.

1. They belong to different generation.
2. Some of them like sending wifey on errands in public places
3. You might end up raising the children all alone.

You can add yours.

Nonsense do u kw the meaning of generation foolish idiot

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
jaychubi:

Nonsense do u kw the meaning of generation foolish idiot

If you have no point to make GET LOST.

FOOLISH IDIOTIC ONLINE BULLY, am not the cause of your problems go and meet the person that turned you into a FOOLISH ONLINE BULLY grin
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by jaychubi: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
aureen:

If you have no point to make GET LOST.

FOOLISH IDIOTIC ONLINE BULLY, am not the cause of your problems go and meet the person that turned you into a FOOLISH ONLINE BULLY grin

If u dnt kw d meaning of generation then I consider u a toddler n may nt need to comment on a toddler thread headless goat

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
I don't need to prove anything to a headless bully like you, I will not define that word and there is nothing you can do about it than whine like a TODDLER and HEAVEN WILL NOT FALL. grin

If you cannot GOOGLE the definition of GENERATION then like I said earlier am not the cause of your problems go and meet the person that turned you into a FOOLISH IDIOTIC HEADLESS BULLY grin

jaychubi:

If u dnt kw d meaning of generation then I consider u a toddler n may nt need to comment on a toddler thread headless goat
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aliuj: 2:44am On Dec 13, 2017
my hubby is 12yrs older,there is nothing he does not do in the house,pertaining cooking,cleaning and going to the market.he is just so humble and down to earth.
and I do not take him for granted.
when there is love and understanding age is definitely and truly nothing but a number. kissmy hubby is 12yrs older,there is nothing he does not do in the house,pertaining cooking,cleaning and going to the market.he is just so humble and down to earth.
and I do not take him for granted.
when there is love and understanding age is definitely and truly nothing but a number.

13 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Kabeeru(m): 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
Age is just a number in marriage. Maturity counts alot. It is of more advantages to marry a lady you re more older than if maturity and courtesy exists
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 1:13am On Dec 14, 2017
MrBottle:

You are so RIGHT.
I will share a story about a teenager that was subdued by the husband with a ten years age gap and his ex girlfriends not until she rebel and GIVE UP ON HIM that things changed.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2017
The age difference is the best.
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
Small small girls who have zero experience with marriage would just open thread and think they sound logical in their assertion.
The key in marriage is love and mutual respect . I have seen marriages with 1, 2, 3 and even zero age gap yet all the negatives op attributed to in her post are also applicable.
I have female friends who tell me they can't get married to a guy who isn't above 5yrs older and I have some whose hubbies are above 10yrs yet they play and go about as best of friends.
Wether you say some or you say all, the 10year yardstick is as baseless as a 2yr yardstick.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
EsotericMonk:
Small small girls who have zero experience with marriage would just open thread and think they sound logical in their assertion.
The key in marriage is love and mutual respect . I have seen marriages with 1, 2, 3 and even zero age gap yet all the negatives op attributed to in her post are also applicable.
I have female friends who tell me they can't get married to a guy who isn't above 5yrs older and I have some whose hubbies are above 10yrs yet they play and go about as best of friends.
Wether you say some or you say all, the 10year yardstick is as baseless as a 2yr yardstick.

WHETHER YOU ADMIT IT OR NOT I DON'T CARE, YOUR OPINION YOUR BUSINESS.
@Mrbottle is 100% on POINT grin.
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2017
aureen:

[s]WHETHER YOU ADMIT IT OR NOT I DON'T CARE, YOUR OPINION YOUR BUSINESS.[/s]
@Mrbottle is 100% on POINT grin.
Madam but you didn't have to shout. When in a conversation with another person and you begin to raise your voice beyond the level of comfort, do you know what that makes of you??
Social media ethics: Use of all caps = Shouting.
Don't thank me, you're welcome
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
What does this assumption of yours say about you too? grin

"Small small girls who have zero experience with marriage would just open thread and think they sound logical in their assertion" 

The sower knows by default that when he plant mustard seeds he reaps mustard seeds grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nutase: 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
aureen:

you just exposed yourself. So because Nike married Sam and it worked out it means everyone marriage with there age gap is ideal.
My sister you are on a long thing.

Celine Dion husband was twice her age and she is one of the few celebrities without a scandal in her marital life.

You better pray to meet the right person and stop talking trash.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2017
Nutase:
you just exposed yourself. So because Nike married Sam and it worked out it means everyone marriage with there age gap is ideal.
My sister you are on a long thing.

Celine Dion husband was twice her age and she is one of the few celebrities without a scandal in her marital life.

You better pray to meet the right person and stop talking trash.

I mentioned SOME not ALL in my POST but if you don't understand that then am not the cause grin
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nutase: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2017
aureen:

I mentioned SOME not ALL in my POST but if you don't understand that then am not the cause grin
the some you mentioned was not used to qualify the relationship but the disadvantages of the relationship. So it's obvious you have a wrong mindset. In relationships what works for 4 may not work for 5. So locate what works for you and stick to it.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
Nutase:
the some you mentioned was not used to qualify the relationship but the disadvantages of the relationship. So it's obvious you have a wrong mindset. In relationships what works for 4 may not work for 5. So locate what works for you and stick to it.

like I said earlier on if you don't understand my point then am not the cause, you have a wrong mindset,why bully another who have a different opinion by saying she is talking trash. If you must know we are all entitled to our own opinion.

In a country where there is freedom of speech you are looking for a VULNERABLE person you can turn to your slave by silencing them through bullying.This is 21st century I pity the vulnerable people around you and if you go about insulting the vulnerable ones amongst you at any slightest opportunity then you will surely reap what you have sowed.
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2017
aureen:

Pastor's defender, even ur pastor will not successfully brainwash you if you aren't self incompetent.

These are the points where you simply lack common sense:
- I did not mention anything around pastor in my post and that's because you didn't mention it in ur original post. Having to bring in pastor matter in d discourse is worthless
-Thinking its all nairalanders that are fans of pastors
- A point is a point, pastor or imam fanaticism is regardless
- thinking that those who do not agree with u on ur age gap preference are out of d matter.

Let your reasoning be deep before u let it out next time

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Pastor's defender, even ur pastor will not successfully brainwash you if you aren't self incompetent.

These are the points where you simply lack common sense:
- I did not mention anything around pastor in my post and that's because you didn't mention it in ur original post. Having to bring in pastor matter in d discourse is worthless
-Thinking its all nairalanders that are fans of pastors
- A point is a point, pastor or imam fanaticism is regardless
- thinking that this who do not agree with u on ur age gap preference are out of d matter.

Let your reasoning be deep before u let it out next time

GET OUT OF MY THREAD, am not the cause of your lack of common sense, you are NOT Mark Zuckerberg grin
Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
aureen:

GET OUT OF MY THREAD, am not the cause of your lack of common sense, you are NOT Mark Zuckerberg grin
Your thread belongs to every nairalander who has access to it madam. That's another common sense point

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife by aureen: 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:

Your thread belongs to every nairalander who has access to it madam. That's another common sense point

Seems you don't get it.
It's your lack of common sense that is making you promote verbal abuse without guilt. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help Me Save My Marriage / How Old Are You? / Is My Wife Fvcking Her Own Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.