Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK (51258 Views)

Apply For 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At GT Bank / NLNG SIWES/IT Application For 2018 January/february Batch / 9 Application Tips For 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowships For Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 12:29am On Dec 12, 2017
MASTERS ELIGIBILITY

Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by
an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British
Protected Person
Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth
country
Be available to start your academic studies in the UK
by the start of the UK academic year in September/
October 2018
By October 2018, hold a first degree of at least upper
second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class
degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification
(usually a Master’s degree)
Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this
scholarship

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 12:31am On Dec 12, 2017
PHD ELIGIBILITY

Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by
an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British
Protected Person

Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth
country

Be available to start your academic studies in the UK
by the start of the UK academic year in September/
October 2018

By October 2018, hold a first degree of at least upper
second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class
degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification
(usually a Master’s degree)

NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a
PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2018

Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this
scholarship

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 12:34am On Dec 12, 2017
Application Deadline: 22nd February 2018

Selection Criteria: Applications are considered according
to the following selection criteria:

Academic merit of the candidate

Quality of the proposal

Potential impact of the work on the development of
the candidate’s home country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 12:45am On Dec 12, 2017
HOW TO APPLY

Come to this link below:

https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSC_AppPortal.ofml

Choose Federal Scholarship Board, Nigeria as your nomination authority if you are not affiliated. However, if you know the scholarship department and also affilated with the other selected Nigeria agencies and institutions stated in the application system, you can choose it.

NOTES FOR CANDIDATES - SCHOLARSHIPS

https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSCHelp1.htm

For other information and many more

Come to: https://www.facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation

cc: davide470, lalasticlala, Seun

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2017
give your feedback and other enquiries to Commonwealth by sending an email to: eas@cscuk.org.uk.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Oduok(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
Any age restriction?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by nopretense: 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2017
DMainMan:
give your feedback and other enquiries to Commonwealth by sending an email to: eas@cscuk.org.uk.
I downloaded a pdf file.. pls, where r we going to submit after filling d form manually?
(quote me to reply). Thanks.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by emmaoyes(m): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2017
nopretense:

I downloaded a pdf file.. pls, where r we going to submit after filling d form manually?
(quote me to reply). Thanks.

My mail... shocked
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by nopretense: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
emmaoyes:

My mail... shocked
swerve, u kid

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by musicwriter(m): 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2017
One of the reason Africa is stagnant is because we're short of qualified people in our work force. Our best brains are leaving Africa to western nations at an alarming rate, causing what's called brain drain in Africa. Through scholarship schemes such as this, western nations systematically lure Africans with potential out of Africa and in the process deplete us of the professionals we need to develop.

Over many years, Britain has been responsible for the emigration of highly skilled or well-educated Africans into Europe and America. When its all cleaned and dusted, the net benefit of this human capital flight is that the west find highly qualified cheap labour to develop their nations, whereas Africa bears the net loss.

I' am not against your application, I' am not against your success, I wish you well, but I simply wanted to inform you what this's all about. Its a long term investment by Britain.

Its time to abolish the commonwealth. Details at www.africason.com/2016/08/its-time-to-abolish-commonwealth-of.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by onlyme07(m): 6:48am On Dec 13, 2017
musicwriter:
One of the reason Africa is stagnant is because we're short of qualified people in our work force. Our best brains are leaving Africa to western nations at an alarming rate, causing what's called brain drain in Africa. Through scholarship schemes such as this, western nations systematically lure Africans with potential out of Africa and in the process deplete us of the professionals we need to develop.

Over many years, Britain has been responsible for the emigration of highly skilled or well-educated Africans into Europe and America. When its all cleaned and dusted, the net benefit of this human capital flight is that the west find highly qualified cheap labour to develop their nations, whereas Africa bears the net loss.

I' am not against your application, I' am not against your success, I wish you well, but I simply wanted to inform you what this's all about. Its a long term investment by Britain.

Its time to abolish the commonwealth. Details at www.africason.com/2016/08/its-time-to-abolish-commonwealth-of.html
What is the essence of having a good brain and not making use of it to the benefit of others.? Your leaders don't appreciate them so,let those who appreciate drain the brain. #

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by musicwriter(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2017
onlyme07:

What is the essence of having a good brain and not making use of it to the benefit of others.? Your leaders don't appreciate them so,let those who appreciate drain the brain. #

Your leaders themselves are slaves created by the same process. The superstructure of neo-colonialism is designed in a way we would always not be able to harness the best of our brains. Aren't your leaders themselves sending their sons and daughters to school in the same western nations? How many of their sons and daughters are in this country?

You see, its a vicious circle deliberately set up by the west to work that way, so no matter what decision we take, we will always end up doing what they want!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2017
musicwriter:

Your leaders themselves are slaves created by the same process. The superstructure of neo-colonialism is designed in a way we would always not be able to harness the best of our brains. Aren't your leaders themselves sending their sons and daughters to school in the same western nations? How many of their sons and daughters are in this country?

You see, its a vicious circle deliberately set up by the west to work that way, so no matter what decision we take, we will always end up doing what they want!.

Bro. Stop your conspiracy theories.

The scholarship is not about looking for talented Africans to reside in their country nor limited to Africans alone. Even developed countries participate. It is about the British government giving back to common wealth nations.

After your studies, you will be sent home immediately by the UK government just as Chevening scholarship.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by musicwriter(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2017
DMainMan:

Bro. Stop your conspiracy theories.

The scholarship is not about looking for talented Africans. This scholarship is not limited to Africans alone. Even developed countries participate. It is about giving back the British government giving back to common wealth nations.

After your studies, you will be sent home immediately by the UK government just as Chevening scholarship.

Its very worrying no matter how things are explained, some of you people continue taking things at face value.

The thread clearly said commonwealth nations. By the way, Britain have other institutions; like the British council that even pursue a global cultural imperialism. So, yes, they're not just interested in Africa alone. How could they be interested in Africa alone; when their empire used to stretch from Asia, Africa, Americas?

Over 90% of those that would leave would never be back. That's why you have more qualified African doctors, nurses and other professions in Britain than we have at home.

Slavery was not a conspiracy theory.

Colonialism was not a conspiracy theory.

Neo-colonialism is not a conspiracy theory, its happening in your own eyes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
musicwriter:

Its very worrying no matter how things are explained, some of you people continue taking things at face value.

The thread clearly said commonwealth nations. By the way, Britain have other institutions; like the British council that even pursue a global cultural imperialism. So, yes, they're not just interested in Africa alone. How could they be interested in Africa alone; when their empire used to stretch from Asia, Africa, Americas?

Over 90% of those that would leave would never be back. That's why you have more qualified African doctors, nurses and other professions in Britain than we have at home.

Slavery was not a conspiracy theory.

Colonialism was not a conspiracy theory.

Neo-colonialism is not a conspiracy theory, its happening in your own eyes.

Well bro. Don't allow emotions to take over you but your aim is ok.

However, in Commonwealth and particularly Chevening scholarships in d UK, one is required to return and stay home for two years before going elsewhere to develop your nation.

You are mistaking this scholarship scheme to work and migration scheme currently on in Australia, Canada and Newzealand. And mind u not only developing countries participate. Many Americans and Europeans are participating in these schemes to emigrate.

Should we now call Americans and Europeans slave or suffering from neocolonialism. The truth is if a government fails you in your desire and perception, you look for where you can get them. That is the law of life. Go to international site such as Quora how UK and American citizens are striving to be permanent resident in those countries.

The colonialist has given Nigeria power since 1960. What have our leaders achieved since then other than looting and corruption. Competent people are rolling up and down on the street creating a nuisance. Their is no opportunity other than frustration of youths.

Hence, countries who desire certain skills and value competent population will search to reach their economic growth. And mind u, you don't have to stay in Nigeria to give back to Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by musicwriter(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
DMainMan:

Well bro. Don't allow emotions to take over you but your aim is ok.

However, in Commonwealth and particularly Chevening scholarships in d UK, one is required to return and stay home for two years before going elsewhere to develop your nation.

You are mistaking this scholarship scheme to work and migration scheme currently on in Australia, Canada and Newzealand. And mind u not only developing countries participate. Many Americans and Europeans are participating in these schemes to emigrate.

Should we now call Americans and Europeans slave or suffering from neocolonialism. The truth is if a government fails you in your desire and perception, you look for where you can get them. That is the law of life. Go to international site such as Quora how UK and American citizens are striving to be permanent resident in those countries.

The colonialist has given Nigeria power since 1960. What have our leaders achieved since then other than looting and corruption. Competent people are rolling up and down on the street creating a nuisance. Their is no opportunity other than frustration of youths.

Hence, countries who desire certain skills and value competent population will search to reach their economic growth. And mind u, you don't have to stay in Nigeria to give back to Nigeria.

What's emotional about that? We're talking facts that has been shown throughout history of our dealings with them, and you're talking emotion.

Is the fact you're their spokesperson not as a result of your education there?. Am I being emotional about this fact?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
musicwriter:

What's emotional about that? We're talking facts that has been shown throughout history of our dealings with them, and you're talking emotion.

Is the fact you're their spokesperson not as a result of your education there?. Am I being emotional about this fact?
If you don't want people to get away from this country, then the Nigeria government have to treat its citizens right and provide basic amenities. You will see people coming back home.

No one is their spokesperson. It is just facts. This is not about being an African. This is about harnessing your skills and reaping the rewards. So many qualified and experienced graduates are jobless with no means to survive. So many unqualified people are put in top agencies supported by the government personnels. And you expect people not to leave the country legally for their livelihood.

Blame your leaders and accept responsibility instead of blaming others. It is not as if we don't have the financial resources to make this country work. Over 70% of Nigerians are living in poverty.

Even citizens of other developed countries like USA, UK are also emigrating permanently from their country to meet their needs and achieve their livelihood.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2017
onlyme07:

Nice. But one should endeavour to give back to Nigeria. Instead of giving your charity there. It will make sense to give your charity to Nigeria needy and the poor ones. Don't neglect your family and freinds. There is no place like home. Your home will always be your home.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by musicwriter(m): 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2017
DMainMan:

If you don't want people to get away from this country, then the Nigeria government have to treat its citizens right and provide basic amenities. You will see people coming back home.

No one is their spokesperson. It is just facts. This is not about being an African. This is about harnessing your skills and reaping the rewards. So many qualified and experienced graduates are jobless with no means to survive. So many unqualified people are put in top agencies supported by the government personnels. And you expect people not to leave the country legally for their livelihood.

Blame your leaders and accept responsibility instead of blaming others. It is not as if we don't have the financial resources to make this country work. Over 70% of Nigerians are living in poverty.

Even citizens of other developed countries like USA, UK are also emigrating permanently from their country to meet their needs and achieve their livelihood.

Our leaders were created by the very system to fail, the whole system works to incapacitate us. Whether you think its a conspiracy theory is not really important to me, since you at least agree we have failed leadership in Africa. There's a clandestine British policy called "elite brainwashing" specially designed to create such leaders. This's another angle nobody is talking about.

I never told you I' am against anybody traveling to the UK in principle. I do like some British people like Bob Geidolf, though I heard he's of Irish descent. I love WestLife band. In fact, I was listening to their song "flying without wings" when you sent in your first reply in the morning. So, nobody is hating here, its not in the nature of black people to hate.

I made it clear in my first post that ''I am not against your application, I' am not against your success, I wish you well''. That's what I said, so I don't understand how I don't want anybody out of the country.

What I' am simply giving out is information for our teeming population who don't know this whole scholarship thing is a scheme being ran by Britain to exploit our vulnerabilities.

And for your information, myself at a point would like to travel there "to study how the society works" and not to go get so called education. So, in my case I have a purpose and I know exactly what I want. But that's not the case for many.

As regards whether you're their spokesperson, you don't have to be on the queen's payroll to be their spokesperson. The whole purpose of our education is to have you assume that role, either consciously or subconsciously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by maravale: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
In Nigeria, job search can be discouraging and overwhelming especially for interns and entry level graduates. I have an e-book called THE ULTIMATE SEARCH GUIDE (graduate pack) which have been carefully crafted to ease this stress.This graduate pack is the sole kit you need to land yourself your dream job. It contains guide on how to construct your CV and cover letter and some samples of CV and resume and cover letter. Differences between CV and resume and many more helpful tips. Get it at a very affordable price.
AT JUST #1,000.
The BOOK is worth more than the price. Don't miss this golden opportunity to grab your copy.
Call or whatsapp me - 08172532836
#1,000 only!
Or email me at amafrances99@gmail.com
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Toriaking: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Job opportunity available at https://jobplaceng..com.ng
Visit site for more info.
We update our site daily for better access
We are planning on opening an outsourcing firm,if you want to be one of our first candidates subscribe for alerts. Don't be left out
Visit https://jobplaceng..com.ng/
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by mikeayus(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
please explain the bolded...thanks

DMainMan:
HOW TO APPLY

Come to this link below:

https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSC_AppPortal.ofml

Choose Federal Scholarship Board, Nigeria as your nomination authority if you are not affiliated. However, if you know the scholarship department and also affilated with the other selected Nigeria agencies and institutions stated in the application system, you can choose it.

NOTES FOR CANDIDATES - SCHOLARSHIPS

https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSCHelp1.htm

For other information and many more

Come to: https://www.facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation

cc: davide470, lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by nopretense: 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
musicwriter:

loooool
got a better offer for them?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Sherlock5577: 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
Please anyone with prior experience with the scholarship scheme should please help out with nominating agencies. How do we get the Federal Scholarship board to nominate an applicant?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Vintage94(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2017
Please where can I find the courses and universities supported by the scheme so I can apply since we are required to apply directly to the universities
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Oceancorp:
Please Dmainman, what are the course of study eligible for these scholarship and is nysc discharge certificate a criteria for application cos I'm a fresh graduate and would want to defer my nysc next year for these scholarship
any course. fsb require nysc
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
Vintage94:
Please where can I find the courses and universities supported by the scheme so I can apply since we are required to apply directly to the universities
u can apply to any UK university.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
Sherlock5577:
Please anyone with prior experience with the scholarship scheme should please help out with nominating agencies. How do we get the Federal Scholarship board to nominate an applicant?
choose them in the application system. Fsb will announce day of interview in their site or newspaper

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
@ all. Check last year thread for further clarifications:
https://www.nairaland.com/3284914/apply-2017-msc-phd-commonwealth
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Sherlock5577: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
DMainMan:

choose them in the application system. Fsb will announce day of interview in their site or newspaper
Thank you!!!
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by tizentos: 4:32am On Dec 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

Are we allowed to choose other nominating agency apart from FSB, because I saw universities. Please advise. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

When You Have NNPC Interview Tomorrow (photo) / Got 2 Job Offers With Ridiculous Pay And Conditions Today / Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.