Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila (29044 Views)

Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu At Homecoming Reception For Gbajabiamila (Photos) / Okorocha Organises Special Reception For Gbajabiamila In South East (Photos) / President Buhari Receives Apc Governors, Had Meeting In Closed Doors!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by RealNaijaQuin: 1:31am On Dec 12, 2017

In his biography titled “A Reed Made Flint” written by Ovation Magazine Boss Dele Momodu, which revealed why he went into politics and emerged speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara claimed the National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu called him into a meeting in his bedroom, asking him to step down for Femi Gbajabiamila, who represents Surulere federal constituency, Lagos State.

As a matter of fact, Asiwaju (Tinubu) is someone that we respect very much and no one can doubt the sterling role he played in the emergence of APC as a government. Asiwaju had through emissaries sought an audience with me and in deference to him, I went to see him along with a colleague, then Right Honourable Kawu Sumaila. When we got to the Asiwaju, seasoned politician that he was, he asked us to come to his bedroom. We held this meeting in his bedroom!

He appealed to us and said what he only wanted, as a leader, as a political father, was for us to please collapse our campaign into Femi’s and declare our support for him. Asiwaju maintained that, as a matter of fact, support for Femi was a support for him. He said if we supported Femi by extension we were actually supporting him and reciprocating the work he did to ensure APC won the Presidency.’

The Cable reports that Dogara further revealed in the book set to be released on December 26, 2017, that he stood his ground;

‘THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY STAND, SIR. IT WAS MY STAND WHEN (AMINU) TAMBUWAL WAS RUNNING FOR THE SPEAKERSHIP AND I RAN FOR THE POSITION FOR DEPUTY SPEAKER. EVEN WHEN MY BOSOM FRIENDS HAD TOLD ME CLEARLY WHAT WAS HAPPENING AND I KNEW, AS AN EXPERIENCED POLITICIAN, THAT WE WERE RUNNING INTO HEAD WINDS.

I HAD SEEN CLEARLY THE IMPLICATION THAT TAMBUWAL WAS FAVOURED MORE THAN 80% TO CLINCH THE SPEAKERSHIP. BUT I INSISTED THAT I WAS GOING TO RUN BECAUSE THE PARTY HAD SAID THEY HAD ZONED THIS POSITION TO THE NORTH-EAST AND I WANTED TO MAKE A STATEMENT THAT THERE WERE PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH-EAST WILLING TO CONTEND FOR THIS POSITION IN THE INTEREST OF OUR OWN PEOPLE.

EVEN IF I WAS GOING TO LOSE THE ELECTION, LET THE PEOPLE FROM MY ZONE KNOW THAT YES, THEY HAD SOMEONE WHO, WHEN THE POSITION WAS ZONED TO THEM, WAS READY AND WILLING TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. I RAN FOR THAT POSITION TO THE END AGAINST SOMEONE I CONSIDERED TO BE A BROTHER AND A VERY GOOD FRIEND ON THAT PRINCIPLE. IN THIS SITUATION, WE ARE ALREADY BOXED INTO THAT CORNER.

THE PRESIDENT IS NOT FROM NORTH-EAST, THE VICE PRESIDENT IS NOT FROM NORTH-EAST, THE SENATE PRESIDENT WASN’T GOING TO COME FROM THE NORTH-EAST. IF WE FROM THE NORTH EAST NOW CAPITULATE, WE HAVE NOT HAD ANYTHING SERIOUS APART FROM THE POSITION OF THE VICE PRESIDENT THAT ATIKU ONCE OCCUPIED. WE HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED FROM THIS CLUB OF LEADERSHIP IN THE COUNTRY.

SINCE YOU HAVE APPEALED TO ME AS A FATHER FIGURE AND I SEE YOU AS A POLITICAL FATHER AND AS A MENTOR, A PERSON WE ALWAYS RAN TO FOR ADVICE REALLY IN THE SEVENTH ASSEMBLY, AND I STILL REMEMBER SO MANY OCCASIONS I HAD TO COME HERE TO SEEK ASSISTANCE ON BEHALF OF OTHERS FROM YOU, I OWE YOU THE RESPONSIBILITY TO LISTEN TO YOUR APPEAL.

BUT I NEED TO GET BACK TO THE MEMBERS WHO ARE SUPPORTIVE OF MY AGENDA AND THEN TO MY CONSTITUENTS BACK HOME. WE WILL DISCUSS AND AT THE END OF THE DAY I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH OUR DECISION.’

Source: http://www.reporter247.org/2017/12/dogara-tinubu-held-meetings-in-his.html
Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by jeffizy(m): 1:38am On Dec 12, 2017
The politics of Nigeria is full of intricacies.
The 2019 struggle has started already.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 12, 2017
Useless bedroom meeting grin

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by cstr1000: 2:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Don't mind the shameless man.

He thought SW is Nigeria. Until his Fulani masters drove him with his tails back to Bourdillion.

What a freaking upstart.

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 12, 2017
typical Afonjas politics..

lured him to his bedroom.. asking him to betray his people.. just like that.

Dogara na bad guy...see as he massage the man ego finish. angry.com fall he's hand grin

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by anonimi: 3:39am On Dec 12, 2017
Keneking:
Useless bedroom meeting grin

Na so dem dey do am oh.
Useless cultists, all of them, parading as our leaders looters.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026566_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by bonechamberlain(m): 4:42am On Dec 12, 2017
grin grin .. tinubu should know by now what these subtle statements portrays. first from rochas now dogara, amaechi would be next.

63 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 12, 2017
And on another thread... Tinubu was disputing the fact of not conforming with AUTOMATIC TICKETS...

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:21am On Dec 12, 2017
Everyone knew Tinubu was for Gbajabiamila. He never at any point hide that.

9 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by orion7: 5:33am On Dec 12, 2017
to think I just read a piece about tinubu talking about internal democracy

and now this. lol grin apc sha

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by g0tze: 5:36am On Dec 12, 2017
bounty007:

Dogara na bad guy...see as he massage the man ego finish. angry.com fall he's hand grin
Hahahaha.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Bede2u(m): 5:51am On Dec 12, 2017
Thiefnu.bu wont be happy with this news grin

Lol nairaland auto corrects t.hiefnubu as tinubu to show he is their lord and master. But wont auto correct 'Atiku'

Now we know some of the backers of this forum cheesy

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by fabre4: 6:19am On Dec 12, 2017
Hahaha he was sidelined

7 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 12, 2017
Revelation in the DARK.....by Dogara ........... I wish it excited us but it didn't undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by bobnatlo(m): 6:32am On Dec 12, 2017
Nigerian politics n sentiment sha!!!
But anyway that was smart of Dogara

But a bit too early to publish this

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by hucienda: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2017
His excuse is valid.

6 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by IamPatriotic(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2017
IPOB, this is a thread for you, come and malign Asiwaju, the conqueror of your hero.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by figment232(m): 6:43am On Dec 12, 2017
IamPatriotic:
IPOB, this is a thread for you, come and malign Asiwaju, the conqueror of your hero.
b4 nko t.hiefnubuu IS A CROOK

30 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2017
bounty007:

Big time bad guy grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by eagleeye2: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2017
They will tell you it's a lie because it concerns Jagagban.
They will ask for evidence, pictures or videos, because it concerns Jagagban.
They will insult you and call you all sorts of name, because you dare say that Jagagban is capable of doing that....
let me come and be going. Because I cannot come and kill myself.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by frankyychiji(f): 7:16am On Dec 12, 2017
bobnatlo:
Nigerian politics n sentiment sha!!!
But anyway that was smart of Dogara

But a bit too early to publish this
It's not too early at all, the implosion has begun.

5 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by funlord(m): 7:25am On Dec 12, 2017
Grown up grand father's? Who have billions to spend on hotels Mansions, jets, yatchs or offices in which they could have held their meeting? But instead chose ones bedroom in the dead of night with no _bitches or wives around?

Anyway make I jejely face front! grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by efighter: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2017
cstr1000:
Don't mind the shameless man.

q
What a freaking upstart.

The same people that used over 3,000,000 stubborn Biafran pigs and idiots like you for pepper soup and suya in 1967, and 50 years after the Python is still dancing in your potopoto region.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by dedons: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2017
This man has refused to understand that "Nigeria is not Lagos"

10 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by bright007(f): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
OK
Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
The more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.
Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by pol23: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
Step down na

1 Like

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by jieta: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2017
hate him or like him tinubu is one man that always has his people in mind. i wish we have someone like this from the south south most especially from my state delta state.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: Tinubu Had Meeting In His Bedroom Asked Me To Step Down For Gbajabiamila by Heywhizzy(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2017
What a shocking revelation

You mean he asked you to step down from the bed for gbajabiamila.. So Tinubu is gáy, I'm shook

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

1000 APC Members Join PDP In Akwa Ibom After Akpabio’s Defection / We’ll Renegotiate Our Coexistence In Nigeria —IJAW NATION / Photo Of Guests Assembling For Presentation Of Certificate Of Return For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.