Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land (1024 Views)

Bear Ate Billionaire Couple And Pilot After Their Helicopter Crashed In Russia(P / Truck Driver, Conductor Lynched In Ebonyi For Crushing School Children (Graphic / Polar Vortex: Breathtaking Photos Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 12, 2017
@Naijachiefwhip Blog

Heartbreaking footage of a starving polar bear desperately searching for food on iceless land highlights the “real face of climate change”, conservationists say. Photojournalist Paul Nicklen said his team were moved to tears as they captured the struggling animal’s battle to stay alive on Canada’s Baffin Island last summer.

The “soul-crushing” scene, captured by marine conservationists SeaLegacy, shows the emaciated bear searching an abandoned Inuit camp for sustenance.

“My entire SeaLegacy team was pushing through their tears and emotions while documenting this dying polar bear,” explained Mr Nicklen.

“It’s a soul-crushing scene that still haunts me, but I know we need to share both the beautiful and the heartbreaking if we are going to break down the walls of apathy. This is what starvation looks like. The muscles atrophy. No energy. It’s a slow, painful death.

SeaLegacy said though it couldn’t say with 100 per cent certainty what had caused the bear to starve to death, the group added: “We do know that he didn’t have any visible wounds and that he was not an old bear.

“Many of you have asked whether we could have saved this individual bear, but the hard truth is that he was on his last legs and his muscles had atrophied beyond repair. It would also have been illegal to feed him, to approach him, or to do anything to ease his pain.”

Watch the Heartbreaking Video here:
http://www.naijachiefwhip.com/2017/12/soul-crushing-moment-when-dying-polar-was-photographed-roaming-iceless-land-for-food.html

Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by marshalldgreat(m): 5:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Eyaa
Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by hatchy(f): 6:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Oyinbo people with some Yeye laws sef!

What makes it illegal or unlawful to feed a starved animal from imminent death so as to keep it alive since the animal is still in its prime and not dying out of old age or disease.

You all are guilty of killing that beautiful young animal and your crocodile tears is stupid and Useless.

Human activities have plunged the once beautiful and peaceful earth to destruction.

Human extinction is imminent!

1 Like

Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by superboyspecial: 6:11am On Dec 12, 2017
I would have shot it if I were there rather than allow it die a slow painful death...
Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by FlySly05: 6:11am On Dec 12, 2017
I can't believe most people are still ignorant of this when the reality of climate change stares us in the face. Some people still don't think there's anything like that and it's all a conspiracy.

Make we nor go too far, take our country as a case study. Our weather pattern now are erratic with heavy rain falling till the end of November and Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas because harmattan refuses to come

1 Like

Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by kenevision(m): 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
Soul crushing indeed, when some humans in Africa lack access to food and water, talk more of basic health care.

I have seen worse situations with humans undecided
Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by cue64: 12:21am On Dec 14, 2017
Climate change is real....
Re: Soul-crushing Moment When Dying Polar Bear Was Photograped Roaming Iceless Land by NobleRomm(m): 3:13am On Dec 14, 2017
if na Nigeria, guys for don put am for pot..

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] I Was Five Vehicles Away From The Tanker - Eyewitness On Otedola Acciden / Ghanaian Woman Spotted Begging For Money On A Train In Germany. Photos / Today In History: Nigeria Expels 2 Million Illegal Aliens, Mostly Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.