Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos (14597 Views)

Owerri Collapsed Building: Before And After Photos / Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos / Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 5:46am On Dec 12, 2017
It’s exactly one year since a church building collapsed in Akwa Ibom State, killing scores of people, and injuring 37 on December 10, 2016. Some additional number of people died much later from the injuries sustained during the incident.

The Reigners Bible Church, Uyo, which was under construction, caved in during a ceremony to consecrate the church founder, Akan Weeks, as a bishop.

The Akwa Ibom Governor, Udom Emmanuel, who was a special guest at the ceremony, narrowly escaped unhurt.

A photographer, Tony Tonerononi, who was present at the church event took to Facebook to share his own story. Read below;

My Own Story!!! Pictures of the Event from my Own Camera

Sometimes i wish to delete them off but when i recall how everything happen in a twinkle of an eye. The shock is still there...

Picture 19 & 20 when His Excellency Deacon Udom G. Emmanuel was praying... I tried as much as to make the pictures sharp for the use of my company Magazine #Gosple247magazine but it didn't work...

Something in me said "Go outside and come back later" normally i don't go out during Event. But i did....
Not up to five to ten minutes i witnessed the roof coming down on people.

My God, i was speechless because i didn't believe my eyes!!! I turned and asked Jackson Uwemedimoh is this real because i couldn't believe it.

The entire environment was quite for a while...Then i heard a voices "Abasi Akan Weeks oooh" Jesus ooooh!!!Tears and Sorrows everywhere...

I rushed in remembering my friend Kufre Umoren was there in the front, the Governor and other top politician and so many others...

I tried my best helping the police and the rescue team...I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

I can't say much.... Thank you Jesus for keeping me till date.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/tony-tonerononi-narrates-his-ordeal-one-year-after-escaping-church-collapse-in-akwa-ibom.html

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 5:48am On Dec 12, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by JBismarck(m): 5:51am On Dec 12, 2017
What do we do now that Daddy Freeze has made us understand that 'shursh' issa biznez centre? I for say make the man go do Thanksgiving.

Okay, I have an idea. Bring ya money to me for blessing

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by izzou(m): 5:55am On Dec 12, 2017
We thank God for your life,my brother

1 Like

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank God for your life....... this is the sad story of our dear nation, Nigeria.
Those that died are gone forever, life goes on yet those responsible for this unimaginable disaster walk free. To say the state government is not doing anything is simply an irony of what and where we are as a country.
RIP to the dead. If the earthly king won't get justice for your avoidable deaths, the Heavenly King surely will bring it to pass.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Samsimple(m): 6:08am On Dec 12, 2017
no building shall collapse on our heads towards the end of this year AMEN... that is what my pastor will say after this kind of sermon

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Kuluosha(m): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank God for the saving grace
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by NwaAmaikpe: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2017
shocked

He is a terrible Christian.
What type of Christian goes to a church event and starts loitering outside for up to 10minutes?

He missed his opportunity to make heaven, because everyone that dies in a church gets an automatic visa to heaven.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by opeolu202: 7:07am On Dec 12, 2017
congrats
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by wildcatter23(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Q
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by seyoops4u: 7:09am On Dec 12, 2017
n
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by venatus25(m): 7:19am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank God for your life
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Akshow: 7:22am On Dec 12, 2017
So the ones that died offended God? Cos me ayam not understanding.
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by money121(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2017
Carcass Completed!!! Installation of Metcopo Aluminium Commence Shortly ..
Colour:Traffic Black
Guage: 0.55mm
Site Location: Ogere-remo Ogun State
Call/WhatsApp 08085310359 For Your Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now!!

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Lomprico2: 7:39am On Dec 12, 2017
I no undastand dat fess piksure fa. undecided
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What type of Christian goes to a church event and starts loitering outside for up to 10minutes?

He missed his opportunity to make heaven, because everyone that dies in a church gets an automatic visa to heaven.
The type of Christian that wants to inherit the earth undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by BamBella(m): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
This man is a foolish man undecided.

Does he want to go to hell? He went outside and was loitering around like a lost sheep and he lost a rare opportunity to meet his maker. He's going to be more miserable alive and wishing he had taken the opportunity.

God won't forgive him at all, hell awaits him angry.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Outofsync(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2017
sad
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by megareal: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2017
I don't want to be reminded about this. It was a black Dec for Akwa Ibom.
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2017
This is the perfect excuse for Atheists and Pagans. They'd be asking "why didn't your God save them in his house?". But I say unto y'all, though I can't explain it but I know God in heaven knows why it happened, we know it has to be for a good reason

#Bows head in prayer
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by buffalowings: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2017
Masterxmind:

The type of Christian that wants to inherit the earth undecided

Do you even sarcasm?
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by hopefulLandlord: 7:51am On Dec 12, 2017
where was Yahweh on that day?

That incidence is another proof Christianity is a lie and Yahweh is either imaginary or incompetent because he promised his followers divine protection but failed them at their hour of need

Let's read the Holy Bible for some of those verses, the below list isn't by any means exhaustive

1. Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2. Psalm 121:5-8 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life ; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3. Psalm 91:10-11 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

4. Isaiah 54:17“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper ; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

5. Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

6. Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

7. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

9. Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

10. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe

11. Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

12. Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go , and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

13. Proverbs 3:24-26 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

14. Psalm 27:1 Of David . The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?

15. Psalm 91:1-4 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust .” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

16. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress ; the godly run to him and are safe.

18. Psalm 144:2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge , who subdues peoples under me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by UTAPIAPIA: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2017
Goodluck Mr Man cos u didnt died like a chicken that day for what u dont know of , my question Why did the general overseer Akan week ordered for the central pivot pillar supporting the conical structure to be refused a day to the occasion of the dedication of the church that lead to the collapsed of the building the next day, why did he Akan week went on radio and broadcast that he Akan week is no longer in the Bishop tittle but latter ran to Ghana to collect this very title which lead to the collapse of the building where 154souls perished that day , my questions is why is the Government of Udom Emmanuel had refused to release the facts of the enquiries to the remote causes of the collapse and bring the culprit to book, because justice delayed is justice denied, my questions why did the government went on air to announced that only 24 souls were lost that fateful day

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by LecciGucci: 8:23am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank God for u
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by money121(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2017
All is well
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Makuos: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2017
Introducing A Water Pump That Works 24/7 Without Electricity Or Fuel!!!

At Rain Bird Nigeria Limited, we deal with various pumping machines(Solar water pumps, Solar lighting etc) and other equipment which ranges from home use to industrial/business use(agribusiness etc).

In today's world of substandard products, mass production and undue high pricing, one thing stands us out.............HIGH GRADE QUALITY EQUIPMENT.
Doing business with us keeps your mind at rest.

Call Emmanuel or WhatsApp: 08067251843

Head Office: Plot 908, Latest Jankande Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.

www.rainbirdng.com

Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nobody wan die but dem wan go heaven.. grin
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Teeboi56: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who told u dat
Funny u
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Teeboi56: 9:19am On Dec 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Who told u dat
Funny u
Go die inside Church and see what we happen after
Yeye
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by rajiraymond(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2017
Chai!! you don miss ooooh.

You should have been among of those victims to guarantee your heavenly.
Re: Man Who Escaped Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Shares Ordeal 1 Year After.Photos by Jbuster: 9:44am On Dec 12, 2017
GOOD MORNING, SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME REACH OUT TO CLUB KONNECT & VICTOR OJENEALO BRAIMOH, TO HELP ME REFUND MY 2,000 NAIRA OR HELP ME USE IT TO FUND MY WALLET. I SENT THE MONEY YESTERDAY EVENING FROM MY ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT, TO YOUR ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT. PLEASE BE FAST. I CALLED HUNDREDS OF TIMES NO RESPONSE, I SENT MESSAGES TO YOUR WHATSAPP NOT READ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Benin Kingdom Project By Rotech77 / Instant Loan To Pay House Rent Without Collateral / Cost Of Sand Filling Your Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.