Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers. (761 Views)

Remi Tinubu, Bamise & Osinachi: Where Will The Nigerian Woman Be Safe From Abuse / 5 Things To Do To Secure Your Facebook Account From Hackers / How To Protect Your Facebook Account From Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers. by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2017
Have you ever been a victim of facebook hacked account before? if you haven't, you will never know how it hurt to lose your personal account of so many years to a cybercriminal.

One thing about these hackers is that they don’t hack for fun but mostly to get back at you. Either to blackmail you, steal your facebook page/group or to defraud others with your account. No matter what their aim might be one thing is for sure they don’t have our interest at heart and they will hurt us at the end.
I have hear series of stories from friends about Facebook accounts been hacked and used for dubious activities and that's why I would be sharing these tips on how to protect you account from these hackers.

Below are some guides/steps to keep your Facebook account safe for hackers.

Setup your security details.

First, you need to set up your Facebook security details. Log in to your account and move to your security settings and set them. Follow the instructions below to configure your security information.
Re: How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers. by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2017
Choose 3-5 friends to contact

You need to set up 3-5 trusted friends on your facebook account. Their contact will serve as your witness in case your account is Hacked facebook will send codes to this 3 trusted contact on their account and they will help you to login if you are logged out.

Set up the get alert about unrecognized login.

This setting will alert you anytime your account is login without your knowledge or in a new device so that you can take action immediately before the hacker deletes your account details on your profile like recovery email and phone number.

Change password.

If you don’t have a strong password it will be in your best interest to change your password now. I know generating a strong password will be difficult to remember so the best alternative is to install a password manager on your phone.
I recommend LastPass.

Sourced from

https://dgalvins..com.ng/2017/12/how-to-keep-your-facebook-account-safe.html?m=1
Re: How To Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers. by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 12, 2017
Choose 3-5 friends to contact

You need to set up 3-5 trusted friends on your facebook account. Their contact will serve as your witness in case your account is Hacked facebook will send codes to this 3 trusted contact on their account and they will help you to login if you are logged out.

Set up the get alert about unrecognized login.

This setting will alert you anytime your account is login without your knowledge or in a new device so that you can take action immediately before the hacker deletes your account details on your profile like recovery email and phone number.

Change password.

If you don’t have a strong password it will be in your best interest to change your password now. I know generating a strong password will be difficult to remember so the best alternative is to install a password manager on your phone.
I recommend LastPass.

Sourced from

https://dgalvins..com.ng/2017/12/how-to-keep-your-facebook-account-safe.html?m=1

Oga lalastica help our people oh

(1) (Reply)

Turaki Of Adamawa's Heart Goes Out Every Month / . / Modified Music Video Version Of Onyeoma by a Phyno ft Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.