Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made (33555 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / Mercedes Is Recalling The G65 Because It Can Go Too Fast Backwards / Mercedes AMG G65 Brabus 900 22 Unvieled At IAA 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2017
With 6 liter twin turbo V12 producing 622 Hp and 738 lb-ft. This box has the engine of a supercar and costs $230,000.. (that is about $80,000 more expensive than the G63), upon that it doesn't even have a keyless access (wtf Mercedes, even a Rav 4 has that). Popular Youtuber Doug Demuro reviewed this car and looks like he doesn't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3KjIQCKmM4&t=1068s

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by thebigkendo(m): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2017
greenhulk:
With 6 liter twin turbo V12 producing 622 Hp and 738 lb-ft. This box has the engine of a supercar and costs $230,000.. (that is about $80,000 more expensive than the G63), upon that it doesn't even have a keyless access (wtf Mercedes, even a Rav 4 has that). Popular Youtuber Doug Demuro reviewed this car and looks like he doesn't like it.

Most people buying the benz G65 are not buying because of functionality, they buy for status symbol or the AMG badge.. They probably don't even know how many Horsepower or lb-ft the car can push or whats differential lock is.

35 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by cyborg123(m): 11:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Lol. Those that buy these kind of vehicles don't really care about what he's saying.

23 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 12, 2017
thebigkendo:

Most people buying the benz G65 are not buying because of functionality, they buy for status symbol or the AMG badge.. They probably don't even know how many Horsepower or lb-ft the car can push or whats differential lock is.

I get it, but in what way is this one better than a g55 which is like $100,000 cheaper? It is practically just 1 second faster and has the worst gas mileage of any production car. 11mpg combined lol.

10 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by thebigkendo(m): 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
greenhulk:

I get it, but in what way is this one better than a g55 which is like $100,000 cheaper? It is practically just 1 second faster and has the worst gas mileage of any production car. 11mpg combined lol.

twin-turbo 525-horsepower 5.5L V8 vs twin-turbocharged 622-horsepower V12 engine, G55 is old, i think 2011 below, so the interior on the G65 will have more tech. The G63 which replaced the G55 is like $80k cheaper than the G65.
As for the 1 second faster i think the G65 is tamed down due to safety & regulatory concerns, could probably go faster.
But again nobody buys G55,G63 or G65 for the performance.

NB If I can afford to spare $140,000 for the G63, topping up $80,000 for a "better"/upgrade should not be a problem.

10 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by timifakay(m): 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
greenhulk:

The bolded is a downside in your opinion. It might be a plus for some old school car enthusiasts who believe in that feeling lock and key gives. Moreover it's just an accessory which in no way affects car performance nor increase the risk of theft.
Anyone who can afford this car won't even think about mpg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by justiniyke29: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
greenhulk:

bro after bringing out $230,000 to buy a car, the last thing on ur mind is gas mileage. hell if u can afford it u can afford gas 4 it.

36 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by kowalsky: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
I wonder why anyone wil buy this when range rovers still exist.

it's a no brainer really

3 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
justiniyke29:
bro after bringing out $230,000 to buy a car, the last thing on ur mind is gas mileage. hell if u can afford it u can afford gas 4 it.

Sure, I know gas mileage won't be a problem to anyone that buys this. I just feel the price difference between this thing and the g63 which is basically the same car is ridiculous, but well a lot of those that buy it don't know what they are driving.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by xreal: 7:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Benz has good reputation as a result of good products made.

If I were to choose one (for free); I will go for this.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Dutchey(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2017
na wa o... who silly epp, abi make i drive something
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by addikt(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2017
Stupidest ??....

You mean there is something like

STUPID STUPIDER STUPIDEST? ??...

6 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by OVA200(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2017
WTF
Sometimes we just buy brand name not the product in particular

Like all those Gucci belt costing millions.

4 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by HOTsomething: 7:24am On Dec 13, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by OBAGADAFFI: 7:28am On Dec 13, 2017
keyless access is not an issue.

Criminals hack cars easily this days.

Keyless ignition does not by default provide better security. In October 2014, it was found that some insurers in the UK would not insure certain vehicles with keyless ignition unless there were additional mechanical locks in place due to weaknesses in the keyless system.[6]

3 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by onatisi(m): 7:31am On Dec 13, 2017
greenhulk:

Sure, I know gas mileage won't be a problem to anyone that buys this. I just feel the price difference between this thinf and the g63 which is basically the same car is ridiculous, but well s lot of those that buy it don't know what they are driving.

people who buy expensive cars dont really give a damm much about functionality or whatever , they have the money and what they just want is the latest automobile machines. as long as it starts,moves and it is the latest, they are ok.
same thing with majority who buy expensive phones , majority of them dont even know the ram or power of the phone,all they want to know is , is it the latest and the brand ,all most of them do on their phone is call and text. so at times taste determines the pricing of an item

4 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by richeeyo(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2017
I would take the Camero over this aby day
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by MobilityExpress: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2017
Once upon a time, I use to dislike the Benz G-class series, probably had similar opinion like this guy. Then one day, I had the opportunity to drive the G63 for some hours, and OMG, it was just too magnificent, too sweet to drive, the feel, the handling, the power, the ruggedness, the aura of confidence, the comfort (yes it’s actually very comfortable, don’t let that box shape deceive you) etc, it blew my mind away. I was like no wonder all these very rich men have at least one G-Class in their garage. But no joke, this ride is not for the poor or middle-class, it’s for the wealthy. G65 is the best, the one that sits as King on the G-series mountain. It’s not even very common here because of the price. It’s for the very privilege few. The G63 is it’s loyal deputy, a road beast, ever-rugged, all terrain monster! When you drive a G-class, especially from 2013 model up, you’re not afraid of the road, the road is afraid of you grin. The G65 Bi-turbo V12 engine is not a joke, don’t even think of nearing it if you don’t have big money. The G65 is a class separator, the one that separates naira millionaire from dollar millionaire. Unless you own or drive one steady, you won’t understand, unless you’re very rich, you’ll be complaining like this guy everyday over maintenance money matter grin. Just like people who aren’t rich who board economy on planes see flying first class as a waste of money, but the rich guys that fly first class have a different perspective. Until you fly first class, you won’t understand what they understand. G65 is a yes-yes for me. May God give me money, I will surely buy this superlative machine! cool

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 13, 2017
That's my baby right there.
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by dingbang(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2017
Looks like gwongworo
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by MrMcJay(m): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2017
Those reviewing the car can't afford it and those buying the car don't review it.
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by biacan(f): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2017
dingbang:
Looks like gwongworo
Have you taken your breakfast.....?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Stycon(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2017
Lol
Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by olatade(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2017
I'm 6'5,so I guess this is the ride for me

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by calberian: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2017
$230k!

After all the scrutiny, analysis, investigation and report, my concern is that someone will still buy like 4 at once and probably not even get a deposit alert cos it's not even up to 1m.

I mean, of what use is this to me today if I still can't find myself in a position to make a decision based on the seemingly massive amount of information in the clip?

Before I goan drop this '10 accord at the service station, lemme quickly say a prayer for our businesses and ask oluwa to be involved in blessing us in all our endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by crownedprinz(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2017
my love for mercedes though

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by calberian: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
MobilityExpress:
Once upon a time, I use to dislike the Benz G-class series, probably had similar opinion like this guy. Then one day, I had the opportunity to drive the G63 for some hours, and OMG, it was just too magnificent, too sweet to drive, the feel, the handling, the power, the ruggedness, the aura of confidence, the comfort (yes it’s actually very comfortable, don’t let that box shape deceive you) etc, it blew my mind away. I was like no wonder all these very rich men have at least one G-Class in their garage. But no joke, this ride is not for the poor or middle-class, it’s for the wealthy. G65 is the best, the one that sits as King on the G-series mountain. It’s not even very common here because of the price. It’s for the very privilege few. The G63 is it’s loyal deputy, a road beast, ever-rugged, all terrain monster! When you drive a G-class, especially from 2013 model up, you’re not afraid of the road, the road is afraid of you grin. The G65 Bi-turbo V12 engine is not a joke, don’t even think of nearing it if you don’t have big money. The G65 is a class separator, the one that separates naira millionaire from dollar millionaire. Unless you own or drive one steady, you won’t understand, unless you’re very rich, you’ll be complaining like this guy everyday over maintenance money matter grin. Just like people who aren’t rich who board economy on planes see flying first class as a waste of money, but the rich guys that fly first class have a different perspective. Until you fly first class, you won’t understand what they understand. G65 is a yes-yes for me. May God give me money, I will surely buy this superlative machine! cool

Amen brother.

I don't even need to test drive. The mentality is all I need.

May God bless you.

8 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by tmanis(m): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
I totally agree with this guy! In fact, this was the video that won me over and made me subscribe to his channel. [I honestly think you have no business with a g wagon if you aren't going off-road!!!.. This car seems bad to drive and bad to be driven in! Look at the tiny legroom in the rear, I can't imagine spending 230k dollars and getting myself squeezed up that much in it... There's almost nothing to justify the 230k dollars you pay when you seat in the owners corner... What do you get? A flimsy piece of plastic cup holders, and that's it.. The huge blind spots are not just understandable, at least we know the camaro's blind spots is because of regulations... Someone mentioned handling grin grin these SUVs are made for the offroads.. Go to 18:00 in the video and see his comments on the steering.. It doesn't respond.. Compared to other proper handling cars... If the S-class interior is luxury then the G 65 interior is a shit hole... If only they made the interior justify the price sha.. There are more luxurious cars than this G65 available,even for a little less, that buying this doesn't really make Much sense And yes, if I'm paying 230k dollars for a vehicle, them I'm definitely too rich to open the trunk with my muscles.. I can't comman keel myself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
addikt:
Stupidest ??....

You mean there is something like

STUPID STUPIDER STUPIDEST? ??...

There u go

4 Likes

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by King4Roller: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
MobilityExpress:
E fit be G70 by the time wey your bar come

1 Like

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by ruggedadventure(m): 8:20am On Dec 13, 2017
wats dis one saying undecided
I'll buy buy 10 of dis "stupidest" car (different colors) if I have d money....
Who gives a Bleep about d functionality here in Lagos undecided
Horse power koh
Power horse nih

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made by onatisi(m): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2017
MrMcJay:
Those reviewing the car can't afford it and those buying the car don't review it.
this sums it up

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokyolt: World's First 'Dual-Mode Vehicle' To Begin Operation In Japan / Fire Guts Mechanic Shop In Delta, Cars Destroyed (Photos) / Car Crashes Into Building In Lagos. One Dead, Another Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.