Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million (771 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) / See The 18 Karat Gold Iphone Case Drake Bought For $400,000 (n144m) / Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Reediano(m): 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Few days ago, I mentioned in one of my posts that Apple is allegedly making plans to buy Shazam. It seems like the news is true as Apple has finally acquired the popular music naming App.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-wkdGDxAtyeg/Wi-6mgQq4fI/AAAAAAAATgg/85fFqRyxFqIHjBxNfFL7Ca4rVCUapHYkwCLcBGAs/s1600/Apple-buys-Shazam-for-400-million-has-exciting-plans-in-store.jpg[/img]
Both companies has actually been working together since 2008 when Apple iPhone 3G users running the app could purchase songs whose title they discovered with Shazam, from iTunes. That has been the case since 2008 even till date. Starting with iOS 8, Shazam's song title discovery service was integrated into Siri.

Over the years, Shazam has gone from just a song naming app to doing a lot more such as ability to identify television shows, movie posters, magazine ads and AR content.

Apple released an official statement which reads;

"We are thrilled that Shazam and its talented team will be joining Apple. Since the launch of the App Store, Shazam has consistently ranked as one of the most popular apps for iOS. Today, it’s used by hundreds of millions of people around the world, across multiple platforms. Apple Music and Shazam are a natural fit, sharing a passion for music discovery and delivering great music experiences to our users. We have exciting plans in store, and we look forward to combining with Shazam upon approval of today’s agreement.;

Shazam also released an official statement to confirm the deal.

"We are excited to announce that Shazam has entered into an agreement to become part of Apple. Shazam is one of the highest rated apps in the world and loved by hundreds of millions of users and we can’t imagine a better home for Shazam to enable us to continue innovating and delivering magic for our users.
At the moment we still don't know for sure what Apple plans to do with its latest acquisition, but I guess we just have to wait to find out.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/12/apple-officially-buy-shazam-app-for-400-million.html
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Lomprico2: 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
shocked shocked

Na to go learn programming o! Especially phone apps.

400 kini?
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by directonpc(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Nice writeup! I read everything.
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Reediano(m): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
directonpc:
Nice writeup! I read everything.

Thanks cheesy
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Franky826: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
grin

But that Shazam be recognising only popular songs.

Ditched mine when I found out musixmatch can do same thing and offer even more.
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Franky826: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
App be taking large space on my phone like say e borrow me money to buy phone yet do nothing are you mad?

undecided
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Reediano(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
Franky826:
App be taking large space on my phone like say e borrow me money to buy phone yet do nothing are you mad?

undecided

Hahaha grin cheesy
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Reediano(m): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Lomprico2:
shocked shocked

Na to go learn programming o! Especially phone apps.

400 kini?

.lol cheesy. Na so
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by delikay4luv: 7:41am On Dec 13, 2017
Shazam was my love before I discovered Musixmatch
Re: Apple Officially Buys Shazam App For $400 Million by Reediano(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
Franky826:
grin

But that Shazam be recognising only popular songs.

Ditched mine when I found out musixmatch can do same thing and offer even more.

Also TV shows

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Priv, The Company’s First Android Phone Officially Dead; Monthly Upda / Infinix Hot 4 For Sale / Itel Come In And See what Your Phone Is Putting Me Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.