Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly (40168 Views)

Man Cries Out Over Destruction Of Houses By Nkaleke Unuhu Community In Ebonyi / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government / Flood Level Rises In Lokoja, As Residents Flee Homes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by wyqay: 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
it is not easy the way we see it. God help them to bear the loss.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Mzthowxeen(f): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
madridguy:
But you stay around there?

yea
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by atoleybaba(m): 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
Mzthowxeen:
yeeeee
it affected topville primary tooo
was that ur school?
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Mzthowxeen(f): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
atoleybaba:
was that ur school?
d college
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
sylviaeo:
N it has to be done this festive season . right?.

It's a blessing in disguise. Some of them will travel to their villages for Christmas. On getting to the villages, they will just stay back knowing that they have nothing to return to in Lagos. Relatives will be asking when they will travel back to Lagos and the landlords will say they enjoy the company of the relatives and wish to stay longer. This will buy them time and come out after about 3 months of free meal to reveal what has befallen them.

If the demolition has happened in June, Uncle A would have asked, "Mouses usually don't go in a frolic in broad daylight, hope you haven't hit a dead end for you to come visiting at this time of the year?" If you have been patient enough to read this post up to this line, that means you really need God in your life.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
KushyKush:
The question now is, where will these people go to? cry

They'll go back to where they came from. Were they supposed to build there in the first place? Don't know why you people like supporting lawlessness, later you will still be the one complaining about Nigeria and her under development.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
anuoluwapo884:
This so sad but the government has got to do the needful for those affected no one should please commit suicide their is hope angry

They'll go back to where they came from. Were they supposed to build there in the first place? Don't know why you people like supporting lawlessness, later you will still be the one complaining about Nigeria and her under development.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by madridguy(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hope your house is not affected?

Mzthowxeen:

yea
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by swagkingcole(m): 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
Asolo loading....
YAAY!!! With a straight face.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by amodu(m): 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
KushyKush:

The worse will be Agric bus/stop

There are too many houses going down. I fear for the landlords. Worse case scenario, none of them are going to be compensated

Do you mean the road construction will reach Agricultural busstop?
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2017
KushyKush:

Nukilia: :

They'll go back to their village . Government screwing citizens since 1914

I don't think it's the government at fault. That road has been commissioned before most people even got thr land there. I think the residents are to be blamed for not taking proper survey

In most cases, "proper survey" even when shown to them, many still go ahead to sell and others build, hoping that they get away with just bribing the state officials. A true test should have been at the point of building approval or at the point of obtaining governor's consent. The question is how many of them do have either or both?
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2017
anuoluwapo884:

To get C of o in Lagos is man know man and big money I doubt if majority of them would have that but @ least there should be another measure of compensating them because properties hav gone on this project

Absolutely not. I have done two Governor's consent in the last 10 yrs. You can choose to go through the process...takes a long time though. The most important thing is that you pay all legitimate fees of Lagos government which is done via bank draft.

2 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2017
KushyKush:

The only relevant paper is the CERTIFICATE OF OWNERSHIP

You would not be given one without a proper survey. Lol... Technically, no one is getting a compensation

**Correction**

Certificate of Occupancy
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:47am On Dec 13, 2017
tobaseye:

Government is not doing enough too. They wait for people to build houses only for them to come and demolish it. They are supposed to sensitize people especially when they find out that people are moving into land that belongs to the govt.

People too on their own part should do a proper investigation of the land such as carrying out the survey plan of the land before they buy any land, this will save them from issues like this.

It's not a good experience at all. my parents house was also demolished sometime around 2004 at aboru abule egba side of lagos.

I beg to disagree. A simple way this would have been avoided is for an intending house owner to first run a search at Ministry of Lands before buying any land. I think the search fees (+ egunje) is less than 5k. The second check is at the point seeking Governor's Consent while the third is at the point of building approval. Many don't seek to get their governor's consent nor building approved, the just start and will rather pay bribe.

Government should not be wasting time on sensitisation when you know what you're doing is illegal.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:47am On Dec 13, 2017
phizzle017:
Too bad people are going to lose their homes but Kudus to the Governor coz Ikorodu truly needs this for even development

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abdul-kudus?
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2017
Tonymegabush1:

I understand wot u mean bro but I wan ask a question as u made reference to survey, you know buying a land u need to do a survey plan done by a registered surveyor after which he will which he will document such survey plan at d end d owner of d property will still register d document either C of O, power of attorney or deed of assignments, which ever one it is.. Now my question why not notify d buyer that such a land has bin map out as a pathway during documentation /registration?

It would have been flagged at the point of approval. The rule is that no plan will be approved if it encroaches on state or federal lands. The question you should ideally ask is was the survey, C of O/Governor's consent approved for them?
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2017
phadriz:

May God bless you for that wonderful question. Also note that Building control agency must have collected some money from these people during the process of building, yet they refuse to inform them that the land is meant for road and stop the work immediately without bribe.
Our government are just taking advantage of the citizens.

I do not subscribe to making assertive statements without data to substantiate......but you cannot claim government's culpability when you had flouted the law ab-initio. Many fakers parade building projects claiming to be from the MOL, local govt and BCA. It is fool hardy to give bribe without going to their office to ascertain what is the true position. We once caught a guy in my estate, that claimed to be a representative of Local govt. He was going round building sites and collecting bribes. Someone challenged him and demanded he identified himself properly.......to cut the long story short, he was searched and the ID card discovered on him showed he's a driver at the local govt.
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by mapet: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Dareal90s:

hakeem4: :
When people will not make research before buying land . At least these land lords are not useless, they can still be used as bad example
Has nothing to do with research, Lagos state government has gone against the master plan of that area, so it's not the fault of the landlords. I pray government compensate them.

I hope you know this is the public domain, and you cannot just post lies to gain sympathy. Pls give us a link of the "master plan of that area" that Lagos state has gone against as you claim
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Dareal90s(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2017
mapet:

I hope you know this is the public domain, and you cannot just post lies to gain sympathy. Pls give us a link of the "master plan of that area" that Lagos state has gone against as you claim
That's my area, that's where I live, I don't have my hands on the master plan presently but am not a kid I know what am saying, there are demarcations on where all lands are sited and the numbers of meters you have to partition before building your house according to the plan, and let me remind you that the numbers of lanes the government does back then is not the same now. there is tendency the government activity affect you now but at least there should be compensation
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Ximenes45(m): 8:14am On Dec 13, 2017
Chai! May God help those who were affected by this. Sometimes I wonder which is worse between Flood destroying people's homes due to terrain or Government destroying homes supposedly built outside an original master plan(and yet again without compensation)
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by sylviaeo(f): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2017
CrescentMoon:

It's a blessing in disguise. Some of them will travel to their villages for Christmas. On getting to the villages, they will just stay back knowing that they have nothing to return to in Lagos. Relatives will be asking when they will travel back to Lagos and the landlords will say they enjoy the company of the relatives and wish to stay longer. This will buy them time and come out after about 3 months of free meal to reveal what has befallen them.

If the demolition has happened in June, Uncle A would have asked, "Mouses usually don't go in a frolic in broad daylight, hope you haven't hit a dead end for you to come visiting at this time of the year?" If you have been patient enough to read this post up to this line, that means you really need God in your life.
U R NOT MAKING ANY SENSE UNFORTUNATELY. DID U HIT YOUR HEAD SOMEWHERE? undecided
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by hakeem4(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2017
mapet:

thanks , people like that bring out facts from their mind

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by atoleybaba(m): 11:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Mzthowxeen:

d college
ooh OK...that school filled with wicked teachers. Was set did u finish with?
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by fernandooleku(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
KushyKush:

The last bus/stop
let's chat better on whatsapp.. 09092111286
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by Mzthowxeen(f): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
atoleybaba:
ooh OK...that school filled with wicked teachers. Was set did u finish with?

lol
wicked ke
Re: Hundreds Of Houses In Ikorodu Demolished As Residents Watch Helplessly by atoleybaba(m): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Mzthowxeen:

lol
wicked ke
am I telling a lie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ishaku Commissions Uncompleted Housing Estate / Suspicious Looking Fence To A House / What Is The Cost Of Prepaid Meter In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.