Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:52 AM

"Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers (12993 Views)

Floods Cause Increase In Snakebite Cases In Nigeria / Flooding: Snakebite Kills Village Head’s Wife In Plateau / Why Men Must Suck Pregnant Partners’ Breasts Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2017

Abakaliki – A U.S.-based Nurse, Alloysius Nlekwa, has advised farmers not to suck the spots where they were bitten by snakes while on their farms.

Nlekwa gave the advice on Tuesday in Abakaliki while delivering a lecture at a seminar on “Health and Environmental Management’’.

The seminar was organised for farmers by the Ebonyi Office of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) Assisted Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP).

According to Nlekwa, the same measure should be applied when farmers are bitten or stung by scorpions and other creatures while on their farms.

“We want to correct the widely-held misconception that sucking the affected spots to extract the venom would stop its circulation inside the victim’s body rather it will worsen the situation.

“A farmer bitten on the hand for instance, should lower it to stop the venom from getting to the heart region, then thoroughly clean and wrap the affected spot with a neat cloth.

“The victim should then proceed to the hospital and inform the doctor the type of snake which bit him for prescription of the suitable anti-venom therapy or drug,’’ he said.

The IFAD–VCDP consultant also warned farmers not to apply oil or herbs on snake-bite spots because it would worsen their conditions.

“Farmers suffering from epilepsy should not go to the farm alone, to get immediate assistance in cases of sudden seizures.

“The level of modern health equipment in the U.S. for instance, cannot be compared with those in Nigeria and other developing countries which made us to stress on enlightenment to correct prevailing misconceptions.

“We also enlighten farmers on general health and environmental management and how to prevent and handle ailments such as malaria, diabetes and cancer among others,’’ he said.

Mr Sunday Ituma, the IFAD-VCDP Project Coordinator in Ebonyi, noted that farmers were represented at the seminar by leaders of their cluster groups and various organisations.

“We have over 500 farmers’ organisations in the state and it will be difficult to bring all of them together to organise such a seminar.

“The group leaders are then expected to enlighten their various group members to ensure that the state has a healthy and productive farming population,’’ he said.

Mrs Francisca Anya, the project’s Rural Institution, Youth and Gender Mainstream Officer in the state, urged the participants to effectively utilise the tutorials received from the seminar.

“We want our farmers to increase their production capacities and there is no way this will be achieved if they are not healthy,’’ she said.

Mr Julius Okoro, a participant, commended IFAD-VCDP for organising the seminar and pledged to adequately practicalise the knowledge gained from it. (NAN)

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/health-official-advises-farmers-do-not-suck-snakebite-spots/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by cyrilomoh: 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
grin
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by prof22(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2017
Hmmm
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Angelb4: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2017
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by NwaAmaikpe: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2017
shocked

Haba,
Do people really try to suck out venoms?

I love my life, I'd rather suck a mad woman than suck the site of a snakebite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by chuksanambra: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2017
falconey:
h

grayht:
grin

prof22:
Hmmm

joshuakdboy:

Angelb4:

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Keneking:
grin

stevezuks:
Fhhd

See them

L@lasticlala, I have brought the things needed for sacrifice. That NwaAmaikpe in particular would be useless for money medicine, it would only bring us counterfeit coins. Let's use his head for anti-foolishness charm.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by falconey(m): 10:00am On Dec 13, 2017
it's a first aid treatment which will be difficult to accept cus it has been working since the stone age. suck the bite and apply some herbs.

3 Likes

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2017
grin

I think snakes needs to be given anti-venom meals.

I mean buy and distribute around in homes, farms, neighbourhood etc.

Then snakes can be initiated into the household as pet and guardian angel undecided
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by wolelove(m): 10:01am On Dec 13, 2017
I hate snakes.....

4 Likes

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by ayoblinks(m): 10:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Who in his right mind will do dat?!
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by stevezuks: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2017
So they are just getting to know that farmers are attacked by snakes abi?

Get your under graduate project research written by professionals from https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
To get the best grades from your under graduate and post graduate research projects
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Valindazz(m): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2017
God knows how much I ate snake and I can't imagine that rubbish bite me oh, I heard the bite isn't painful as that of scorpion.

If scorpion bite you go know unlike snake

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by okway: 10:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Anything fit Kill pesin nowadays
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Koross(m): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2017
na WA oooo
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Reference(m): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Lala did you copy..
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by NESTAD(m): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Any organization interested in mass purchase of snake venom vaccine can contact me for proposal.

I base in Johannesburg South Africa and my company can source this for u.

Phone or Whatsapp me: +27837587250

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by ChewingStick(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2017
Lol, the snake on the first pic sha cheesy

Btw, I think thats trash talk, my ancestors have been sucking breast, snake bite and anything suckable and they lived 150 years.

Cc: Fitnessdoctor

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by AgroSeeds: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2017
Do they need to be reminded. Why would any sane person want to even suck out snake venom?

Are you unemployed and still going around submitting CV while broke? Are you a civil servant and have a plot of land somewhere wasting? Why not become a cucumber farmer and make exra thousands planting Cucumber as a side income? I am the most reliable distributor and supplier of the best Cucumber and WaterMelon seeds in Nigeria and I also farm them in sacks making at least 40-50,000 per month farming cucumber and watermelon.

See testimonies of transactions here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4089413/viable-watermelon-cucumber-seeds-sale

We had positive reviews and feedback because the seeds we deal on are hybrid and are of the best quality. Same day you planted, is same day it germinates or 48 hours at the most. What are you still waiting for? Read the threads below for more insight on how to be a successful cucumber farmer. You can also call me directly 09090907136.

https://www.nairaland.com/2898544/successful-cucumber-sack-farm-kaduna

https://www.nairaland.com/3668537/cucumber-farming-nigeria-how-start

https://www.nairaland.com/3518954/how-plant-24000-seeds-cucumber

https://www.nairaland.com/4089413/viable-watermelon-cucumber-seeds-sale.

Call or Whatsapp us on 09090907136 for more insights and assistance. Your success in extra imcome is my prime concern.

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Handsomebeing(m): 10:04am On Dec 13, 2017
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by MakeWeTalk: 10:04am On Dec 13, 2017
Only 2 people that a snake will bite and we rejoice.

1) Daddy 1 Billion Naira
2) Fulani Herdsmen.

Click like if u agree.
Click share if u disagree

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by omoadeleye(m): 10:04am On Dec 13, 2017
The snakebite they have been sucking since time immoral
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 13, 2017
cyrilomoh:
Lalasticlala hope hear this.

Mr snake lover

He's more of a "Boa Constrictor" guy... He loves 'em Big! Fool!sh guy! grin

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by sotall(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2017
OK
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2017
You cant really blame the farmers though..
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by money121(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2017
Ok
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by oshe111(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2017
But they have been sucking it and it has been EFFECTIVE.....

SO WHATS THIS OVER SABI SAYING
Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2017
Ofcus there are inherent risks borne out of sucking snake venom but in resource poor settings in which the primary health centre wouldn't have available anti-venin, such sucking is a life saver .

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by onosprince(m): 10:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Valindazz:
God knows how much I ate snake and I can't imagine that rubbish bite me oh, I heard the bite isn't painful as that of scorpion.

If scorpion bite you go know unlike snake

How many pounds of snake u ate grin

2 Likes

Re: "Do Not Suck Snakebite Spots” - Health Official Advises Farmers by kaycyor: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Don't suck but lick it out... Nonsense!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Francis Faduyile: Nigeria Has Only 42,000 Doctors / My Experience With A Quack Doctor / Yoni Pearls For Blocked Fallopian Tubes, TTC, Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.