Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:29 AM

Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy (16104 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
Here is the thread where the convener of free the sheeple movement threw up a challenge to all his followers https://www.nairaland.com/4215954/tithe-against-poverty-challenge-daddy
The challenge is simply to use the money they would av used for tithing in their church to help the less privileged and poor around them... To my utmost surprise, on checking the thread wch is almost a week old, all i could see there was arguments as usual. I was expecting to see pics of ppl in different Idp camps and homes of tge less privilege like dey av been advising the pastors...

Is it that freeze doesn't av faithful followership?
Is it that the so called tithe dis ppl are talking about cant even buy Agege bread?
Is it dat dis ppl are just stingy??
Am curious, wanna know

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by spartan117(m): 12:02am On Dec 13, 2017
The fact is that most ministries are funded just by a few Kingdom minded individuals who have sworn to advance God's Kingdom on earth with their finances, and God keeps pruning them and blessing these few individuals. 80% of ministry work is funded by less than 2% of Christian population I say this because I've been in a privileged position in my church and I know where the money that funds our programs actually come from, and i tell you it's not from #10 and #20 tithes and offerings

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by chinawapz(m): 12:18am On Dec 13, 2017
Nigerians are too stingy, those people against tithe are either atheist, Muslim or economist if you can track them

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by prettyjo(f): 12:39am On Dec 13, 2017
the FACt is that I am tired of hearing this tithe of a thing

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2017
spartan117:
The fact is that most ministries are funded just by a few Kingdom minded individuals who have sworn to advance God's Kingdom on earth with their finances, and God keeps pruning them and blessing these few individuals. 80% of ministry work is funded by less than 2% of Christian population I say this because I've been in a privileged position in my church and I know where the money that funds our programs actually come from, and i tell you it's not from #10 and #20 tithes and offerings
u are very correct sir. Those making the fuss about tithing are simply those who are looking for justification not to tithe. Its not really about d bible but about their greed. 90% of people members in the church aren't even faithful in tithing so i wonder wat d noice is about

24 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Salvation101 I support you 100%. We cannot afford to be naive and let this ppl mislead others.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
salvation101:
Here is the thread where the convener of free the sheeple movement threw up a challenge to all his followers https://www.nairaland.com/4215954/tithe-against-poverty-challenge-daddy
The challenge is simply to use the money they would av used for tithing in their church to help the less privileged and poor around them... To my utmost surprise, on checking the thread wch is almost a week old, all i could see there was arguments as usual. I was expecting to see pics of ppl in different Idp camps and homes of tge less privilege like dey av been advising the pastors...

Is it that the so called tithe dis ppl are talking about cant even buy Agege bread?
Am curious, wanna know

Oga stop derailing ur sense.

Bible said tithes should be paid to Orphan, Levites, motherless, Fatherless, and poor people generally. People who want to give them poor people should do so. They are not expected to upload proof to u.

69 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by MakeADifference: 6:12am On Dec 16, 2017
"Poor" Christians don't need Freeze's handouts. A Christian isn't ever a beggar. God supplies their needs. If you are a Christian and aren't lazy, then you can be sure you will never beg for bread.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Oga stop derailing ur sense.

Bible said tithes should be paid to Orphan, Levites, motherless, Fatherless, and poor people generally. People who want to give them poor people should do so. They are not expected to upload proof to u.

really? Care to show us a proof dat u av been tithing against poverty according to ur belief? If u don't expect to be asked for proof why den do u worry ursef over others who are tithing to their church? Is it any business of urs? Dat d ministries are getting richer tru tithing is a proof dat the members too are getting richer(simple mathematics). A tithe of 100,000 is different from a tithe of 10,000. U think if ppl aren't getting blessed dey wouldn't have stopped tithing?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by MakeADifference: 6:39am On Dec 16, 2017
I've always said it. Nigerians are too sharp to allow someone "collect" from them if it isn't working for them.

Anyway, let's leave this matter. We've heard their noise. But like I say, in Christianity, even the poor give. Christianity is about giving. Tithing is giving. Sowing to friends, family, etc is another giving. Sowing to orphans is another type of giving. Their rewards are DIFFERENT.

But those who call themself "controversial" and think they can score cheap popularity by attacking Christian beliefs we won't answer. We've been counselled as follows:

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 29:9
When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.

Please let's leave them alone. Continue to walk in your beliefs. Rather discuss with others who are of your faith, encouraging one another. That's what's profitable.

Shalom smiley

salvation101:
really? Care to show us a proof dat u av been tithing against poverty according to ur belief? If u don't expect to be asked for proof why den do u worry ursef over others who are tithing to their church? Is it any business of urs? Dat d ministries are getting richer tru tithing is a proof dat the members too are getting richer(simple mathematics). A tithe of 100,000 is different from a tithe of 10,000. U think if ppl aren't getting blessed dey wouldn't have stopped tithing?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 16, 2017
MakeADifference:
I've always said it. Nigerians are too sharp to allow someone "collect" from them if it isn't working for them.

Anyway, let's leave this matter. We've heard their noise. But like I say, in Christianity, even the poor give. Christianity is about giving. Tithing is giving. Sowing to friends, family, etc is another giving. Sowing to orphans is another type of giving. Their rewards are DIFFERENT.

But those who call themself "controversial" and think they can score cheap popularity by attacking Christian beliefs we won't answer. We've been counselled as follows:

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 29:9
When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.

Please let's leave them alone. Continue to walk in your beliefs. Rather discuss with others who are of your faith, encouraging one another. That's what's profitable.

Shalom smiley

u r very correct.

4 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by petra1(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:

Am curious, wanna know

Critics are not doers ! Criticis are people who do nothing but criticize those who do for not doing enough .

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:

'"Care to show us a proof dat u av been tithing against poverty according to ur belief"

Lmao grin grin.

Show me evidence that u have been paying ur tithe in the church according to ur """False self constitutes understanding of the Bible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

'"Care to show us a proof dat u av been tithing against poverty according to ur belief"

Lmao grin grin.

Show me evidence that u have been paying ur tithe in the church according to ur """False self constitutes understanding of the Bible.
imagine d ill logic.. If av not been tithing den why d need to educate me not to tithe? U can see how skewed ur logic is huh. If u say d way am doing it is wrong den show evidence dat u r doing it d right way. Else u r just like ur daddy freeze. A noise maker dat just talk for talking sake

9 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
imagine d ill logic.. If av not been tithing den why d need to educate me not to tithe? U can see how skewed ur logic is huh. If u say d way am doing it is wrong den show evidence dat u r doing it d right way. Else u r just like ur daddy freeze. A noise maker dat just talk for talking sake

grin grin cheesy.

Leave Epistle oga. U don't even pay tithe @ all.

grin grin grin.

5 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

grin grin cheesy.

Leave Epistle oga. U don't even pay tithe @ all.

grin grin grin.
lol. I'll just take it dat u r a comedian undecided

5 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by martineverest(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Oga, the most stingy and self-centered set of Nigerians are tithers... Most of them won't even bother of give tithes if u remove blessings from tithes.

Most of dem walk pass the needy/wretched/homeless /orphans with tithes in their hands.... Simply because these ppl in need doesn't have anything to offer in return.

Most of dem see tithing as MMM:give one-tenth and expect 100folds in return

If Nigerian pastors democratize tithing like what Jesus Christian preached about in Matthew 25,most of the homelessness and needy people will reduce drastically

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2017
But Y is it dat it's on Sundays most religions topic hit front page

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by jerryunit48: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2017
Let’s put this Tithe issue aside.... Nigerians are not stingy we give if we have

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by hisgrace090: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2017
Not about stinginess, but about telling yourself the truth.

The selfish person here is the one that will dispute all freez point against tithe in other to continue collecting tithe.

Some of freeze point are:

(1) that Abraham pays tithe from the spoil of war not from his business. And it was only once.

(2) det-14, demand that you will use your tithe money to buy things which you and the needy will eat in the church not excluding the levite.

(3) that Jesus neither pay tithe nor collect one.

(4) that apostles neither pay nor collect tithe.

Anyone that think that the church will become poor for not collecting tithe is deceived.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by JesuEruOluwa: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:

Am curious, wanna know

You don't expect everybody to declare online.

Some have decided to help the needy at month end.

Help the needy and help the poor!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by pointstores(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2017
Heaven is most important
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by OBIGS(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2017
A man of God preaching to me not to live a worldly life but ends up showing up on instagram his rides, his jets, designer watches, suits and shoes. not even forgetting the women accusing him of adultery. Make I no call name. But the God I've come to know wont live such lifestyle. I simply believe most Pentecostal Churches have turned to show house And business empires.

The church h knows the condition of the society that's why they emphasize more on prosperity than salvation.
they don't care if you make heaven or hell

You can only understand freeze when you choose to understand the Bible as it is not what a pastor tells you it is.

Wise up people

I dey my house dey watch Emmanuel TV.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by coolluk(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2017
spartan117:

Lol
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by AishaBuhari: 9:28am On Dec 17, 2017
Stop attacking Pastors about Tithes, members willingly pay tithes without being forced! Hold responsible your leaders who forcefully make you pay tax!

I just hate the poor mentalities of Nigerians - Too poor as if they've got no brains.

8 Likes

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by tunjijones(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2017
MakeADifference:
"Poor" Christians don't need Freeze's handouts. A Christian isn't ever a beggar. God supplies their needs. If you are a Christian and aren't lazy, then you can be sure you will never beg for bread.

Not only Christians but everybody.

FYI, I am a Christian.
Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by JesuEruOluwa: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2017
tunjijones:

Not only Christians but everybody.

FYI, I am a Christian.
Yes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by charismaticdave(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2017
You don't use stealing by trick to convince people to give you money.

As someone has rightly said, some of the development of the churches ain't from the 10 Naira tithe of the members.

Some churches have zombied their members that if they don't tithe, they are badder than the devil.

Why will someone call you to come and help pray for a deceased and the first thing you ask is when he was alive, has he/she been paying tithe. If not, they should go and pay all till date before you can come and pray for the deceased.

What's that called

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by martineverest(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2017
MakeADifference:
Mt chew.... U do see still have committed church workers who are still beggars?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:34am On Dec 17, 2017
chinawapz:
Nigerians are too stingy, those people against tithe are either atheist, Muslim or economist if you can track them

You made it!

Yes you did!

The year is almost winding up and here, my search for the most senseless and empty comment of the year ends.

M looking forward to having you bag the accolade again come 365 days time. It's officially your birthright.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by rattlesnake(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2017
Android oreo is coming out
But NAIJA PIPS na tithtig waka come
SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy by Afrokan(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2017
MakeADifference:
Based on the percentage of Nigerian Christians living below the poverty line, its safe to say God as forsaken us.
Am confused why God would bless countries like Japan, Isreal, China, Luxembourg, UAE where they dont pay tithe nor worship your God as opposed to Nigeria where we would kill ourself for him.
God as really forsaken us

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming! / I Am No Longer A Theist / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.