Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years (29812 Views)

Landlord Throws Graduate-Tenant Properties Outside In Uyo During Heavy Rain-pics / Anambra Government Demolishes Brothel In Kara, Ogbaru (Photos) / Building Collapse: Lagos Government Shuts 19 Houses In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Blue3k2: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2017
A 30-year-old brothel in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, has closed.

The brothel, named Universal Hotel, was located along Udotung Ubo Street, in the heart of the city.

One of the sons of the hotel owner told PREMIUM TIMES, Wednesday, that he and his brothers decided to close the brothel immediately their father died in 2016.

“The same day my father died, the women were evicted from their rooms,” said Samuel Edet.

Mr. Edet said before he died, their father, shared the apartments in the building to all his children.

He was a polygamist, said Mr. Edet, who has moved into his own apartment with his family.

“We are 11 boys and four girls,” he said. “The female children have also been given rooms too.”

In its booming days in the 90s, Universal Hotel was one of the city’s star attraction, lighting up Udotung Ubo Street and its environs.

Several months after it was shut, commercial sex workers could still be seen at night loitering near the hotel.

Mr. Edet said the family used to feel bad about their name being associated with the brothel, but that they were helpless.

“We didn’t for one day object to him running the brothel since we were getting our daily bread from there.

“My father really took care of us – his children. I can’t blame him for turning the place into a brothel.

“The family may eventually decide to sell the property if all the co-owners sit down to talk,” he said.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/252269-30-year-old-brothel-shuts-uyo.html

1 Like

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Blue3k2: 12:03am On Dec 13, 2017
smiley Hilarious so Akwa Ibom police ignored the brothels existence for 30 years. Theres no way they didnt know when general public knew. Akwa Ibom funding their 10,000 seat church with brothel taxes.

Anyway the hotel could be profitable if numbers are good. The place doesn't look that bad on outside. I don't know how much they will make if the have to split it so many ways.

2 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by saraki4Pres2019: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Very good move. It is always good for children to choose a more descent and honorable path, different from what parents used to know. Every child deserves to be better than their parents.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Swaggzkid: 1:24am On Dec 13, 2017
Good move from the children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Authoreety: 6:15am On Dec 13, 2017
Feeding ones family from f*ck money!

I wonder how it works for some people

8 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 13, 2017
now dat dey have shut d brothel down, hw do dey want d gals to feed now. undecided

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Joshintua(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2017
They ought to provide an apartment for the ladies to do their business naa
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by miqos02(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Seen
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Felixalex(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
That's one large brothel, I wonder how many girls were "working" there shocked shocked
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
How will my people in the southside now cure konji sad

11 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by oshe111(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Husband and Wife quarrelling
Wife: Otoolege
Husband: Silent
Wife: Foolish man
Wife: Your head like coconut
Husband: I won't mind u.
Wife: Two minutes man
Husband: Nothing will u say that will hurt me.
Wife thought for a while and realized her husband is a Man U fan. Wife came back.
Wife: *Lukaku*
Husband: ( very angry this time replied) what did u just say. I swear by the gods of our land if u ever call me this name again I will pack your things to your parents. Idiot.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by money121(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Well-done
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by donstan18: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Joshintua:

You don't mean it,
do you live around there?

Were you affected in the stopping of their totopreneur business?

15 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Elnino4ladies: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Abasi Mbong
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by AgroSeeds: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Thats not good. Won't people be put out of business by this very move? Its not good news at all.

Are you unemployed and still going around submitting CV while broke? Are you a civil servant and have a plot of land somewhere wasting? Why not become a cucumber farmer and make exra thousands planting Cucumber as a side income? I am the most reliable distributor and supplier of the best Cucumber and WaterMelon seeds in Nigeria and I also farm them in sacks making at least 40-50,000 per month farming cucumber and watermelon.

See testimonies of transactions here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4089413/viable-watermelon-cucumber-seeds-sale

We had positive reviews and feedback because the seeds we deal on are hybrid and are of the best quality. Same day you planted, is same day it germinates or 48 hours at the most. What are you still waiting for? Read the threads below for more insight on how to be a successful cucumber farmer. You can also call me directly 09090907136.

https://www.nairaland.com/2898544/successful-cucumber-sack-farm-kaduna

https://www.nairaland.com/3668537/cucumber-farming-nigeria-how-start

https://www.nairaland.com/3518954/how-plant-24000-seeds-cucumber

https://www.nairaland.com/4089413/viable-watermelon-cucumber-seeds-sale.

Call or Whatsapp us on 09090907136 for more insights and assistance. Your success in extra imcome is my prime concern.

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by kaycyor: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Finally the pot wey them dey cook for village for them don done..
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Felixalex(m): 10:13am On Dec 13, 2017
Joshintua:

So they must fvck for AA living abi? grin cheesy
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by quiverfull(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2017
May God not visit the sins of your father upon his children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Marcelinho(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2017
ok
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by oviejnr(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2017
Prostitution dont really pay off in the state, when you can have any woman at your beck and call. grin
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by sotall(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2017
OK
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by kerry57: 10:19am On Dec 13, 2017
Good move guys, we did the same too to our father's property after his death. Brothel business is not the best to be attached to someone's name in the name of getting daily �.

2 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by NwaAmaikpe: 10:19am On Dec 13, 2017
shocked

Wayward sons.
Are they wiser than their dad who founded such a lucrative business?

They didn't even consider the customers before taking such selfish decisions.

May God not give us such kids whose only goal in life is to destroy their parent's legacies.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 13, 2017
C
Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Quality20(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2017
I don't think I can live in a house that was once used for ds kind of evil. U may just b thinking of evil all day without blessing

1 Like

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by Koolking(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2017
Authoreety:
Feeding ones family from f*ck money!

I wonder how it works for some people

It's hilarious but factual, sex sells more than food and water combined. The family members tried living with the negative opinions people formed about them especially with our avowed Christianity. Trying to imagine myself in such position. Damn! I can't live with it.

3 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by fergie001: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2017
oshe111:
Husband and Wife quarrelling
Wife: Otoolege
Wife: Foolish man
Wife: Your head like coconut
Husband: I won't mind u.
Wife: Two minutes man
Husband: Nothing will u say that will hurt me.
Wife thought for a while and realized her husband is a Man U fan. Wife came back.
Wife: *Lukaku*
Husband: ( very angry this time replied) what did u just say. I swear by the gods of our land if u ever call me this name again I will pack your things to your parents. Idiot.
grin grin

As a ManU fan,I dey vex for u ooooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by fergie001: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
We are patiently waiting ....fire

Reminds me of my secondary school days,many years ago,we had this host of brothels around my school,big big ones....To the extent,one was turned to a Primary school,one session no body went there,not even teachers applied....They now re-changed the name and converted back to a bigger brothel....those Ajangbadi days....hahahaha
The stigma will always be there,but it can be reformes. For those who said they would not live there,the one you are living in now,unless you built it,you do not now what was done there OR even in Lagos where accommodation is fight-to-finish,you just rent house anyhow.

Na God dey protect person for this obodo Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by thedondada(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2017
Lol.

Shame to be a brothel owner.

Imagine how you will be described. That man when get that ashawo hotel down the road don born another pikin.

That girl n.a. her papa get that ashawo hotel when police raid last week.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by oshe111(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2017
fergie001:
grin grin
As a ManU fan,I dey vex for u ooooo grin
See this "LUKAKU" grin

1 Like

Re: Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years by castrol180(m): 10:33am On Dec 13, 2017
Good moves guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help! / New 4 Bedroom Duplex with Swimming Pool Construction - Calabar Project / Man Builds 3 Bedroom Bungalow For Widow In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.