Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving (42293 Views)

UK 'destiny Church' Giving Out £100 And Groceries To Members - Timi Alleges / Church Giving And unbiblical Practices / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by plainbibletruth: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
petra1:

The curcumcission of the Old Testament was a shadow of the real
Christ has fulfilled the real . Tithes and offering ,alms ,prayers has no fulfillment . The were not shadows . They were principles . And principles transcend dispensations .
I prefer toe the word "necessity " tithes and offerings ,prayers ,alms ,fastings etc are all necessities
The principles of the kingdom cut across both Old and new . The New is based on the old principles
1. How do we identify the shadows?
2. What is your definition of "principles"?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by petra1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2017
plainbibletruth:

1. How do we identify the shadows?
2. What is your definition of "principles"?

Every shadow has real . There’s a real sin offering , there a real circumcision

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
petra1:

The curcumcission of the Old Testament was a shadow of the real .

Philippians 3:3 (KJV)
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Christ has fulfilled the real . Tithes and offering ,alms ,prayers has no fulfillment . The were not shadows . They were principles . And principles transcend dispensations .

I prefer the word "necessity " tithes and offerings ,prayers ,alms ,fastings etc are all necessities .

I showed you more that enough times where money were used. I may not go round in circles

The principles of the kingdom cut across both Old and new . The New is based on the old principles

I gree with you . The law was given for man to pursue righteousness but because of the fallen nature . The law only reveal their inadequacy. Because the sin nature could not do right .

Romans 7:10-16 (KJV)
And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

The best among men is still a sinner . So God gave man righteousness without the works of the law. But that doesn't destroy the content of godly principles in the law. sin is a transgression of the law.

1 John 3:4 (KJV)
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The only weakness of the law is when a man wants to be justified by works . He has fallen from grace . But as long as you're not seeking salvation through works . The law is a guide for right and wrong. That's the only document we have . If you throw the law out . What we have. Left is lawlesnes . The only reason Paul could condemn homosexuality is because it's against the law. The only reason Paul could uphold honoring parents is because the law say so . If you comdemdn the law . You will be in contradiction mess .

If physical circumcision is a shadow of the real thing which is a circumcision of the heart (mind)

If animal sacrifice is a shadow of the real thing which is the death and resurrection of Jesus who reconciles man to God

Why can't tithing be a shadow of the real thing which is sacrificial giving as outlined by Jesus in Matthew 25 v 31-46?

Will you settle for good when there is best?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
petra1:

Let's avoid going round in circles. Do a thorough research of Jewish history to know how tithes were handled...and corroborate this with the bible.

Go to wikipedia and search for "tithing in Judaism". I can save you the stress by putting the details here. Then you will tell me whether tithing as done in the church has any scriptural basis.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Tithes in Judaism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tithing in the Temple
The tithe is specifically mentioned in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The tithe system was organized in a seven-year cycle, the seventh-year corresponding to the Shemittah-cycle in which year tithes were broken-off, and in every third and sixth-year of this cycle the Second tithe replaced with the Poor man's tithe. These tithes were in reality more like taxes for the people of Israel and were mandatory, not optional giving. This tithe was distributed locally "within thy gates" (Deuteronomy 14:28) to support the Levites and assist the poor. Every year, Bikkurim, Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon and Terumat Ma'aser were separated from the grain, wine and oil (Deuteronomy 14:22). Initially, the commandment to separate tithes from one's produce only applied when the entire nation of Israel had settled in the Land of Israel. The Returnees from the Babylonian exile who had resettled the country were a Jewish minority, and who, although they were not obligated to tithe their produce, put themselves under a voluntary bind to do so, and which practice became obligatory upon all.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
Terumah (Heave-offering)
The first obligation that was incumbent upon an Israelite or Jew was to separate from his harvested grain (wheat, barley, spelt, etc.), wine (including unpressed grapes) and oil (including unpressed olives) the one-fiftieth portion of these products (or one-fortieth, if he were a man of generosity; and one-sixtieth if he were stingy) and to give the same to a man of Aaron's lineage (priestly stock), who, in turn, would eat such fruits in a state of ritual cleanness, in accordance with a biblical command, "...and let him not eat of the holy things, until he bathes his flesh in water. And when the sun goes down down, he will be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things because it is his food" (Leviticus 22:6). This obligation was contingent upon the fact that such fruits grew in the Land of Israel. Later, the Rabbis made it an obligation to do the same for all fruits and vegetables grown in the Land of Israel, and not only to such fruits as grain, grapes and olives. With the destruction of the Temple and the cessation of ritual purity, the obligation to separate the Terumah continued unabated, although it was no longer given to a priest of Aaron's lineage, since bodily defilement was now pervasive. The general practice after the Temple's destruction was to separate the Terumah from all fruits and vegetables by removing even the slightest portion thereof, and to immediately discard it by burial or some other means of disposal (since it can no longer be eaten in the current state of ritual uncleanness, and those doing so would make themselves liable to extirpation).
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
First tithe
The first tithe is giving of one tenth of the remaining agricultural produce (after removing from the produce the standard Terumah) to the Levite (or Aaronic priests). Historically, during the First Temple period, the first tithe was given to the Levites. Approximately at the beginning of the Second Temple construction, Ezra and his Beth din implemented its giving to the kohanim.

The Levites, also known as the Tribe of Levi, were descendants of Levi. They were assistants to the Aaronic priests (who were the children of Aaron and, therefore, a subset of the Tribe of Levi) and did not own or inherit a territorial patrimony (Numbers 18:21-28). Their function in society was that of temple functionaries, teachers and trusted civil servants who supervised the weights and scales and witnessed agreements. The goods donated from the other Israeli tribes were their source of sustenance. They received from "all Israel" a tithe of food or livestock for support, and in turn would set aside a tenth portion of that tithe (known as the Terumat hamaaser) for the Aaronic priests.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Second tithe

Unlike other offerings which were restricted to consumption within the tabernacle, the second tithe could be consumed anywhere within the Walls of Jerusalem. On years one, two, four and five of the Shemittah-cycle, God commanded the Children of Israel to take a second tithe that was to be brought to the place of the Temple (Deuteronomy 14:23). The owner of the produce was to separate and bring 1/10 of his finished produce to the Old City of Jerusalem, after separating Terumah and the first tithe, but if the family lived too far from Jerusalem, the tithe could be redeemed upon coins (Deuteronomy 14:24-25). Then, the Bible required the owner of the redeemed coins to spend the tithe "to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish" (Deuteronomy 14:26). Implicit in the commandment was an obligation to spend the coins on items meant for human consumption.

Poor man's tithe

In years three and six of the Shemittah-cycle the Israelites set aside the (second) tithe instead as the poor tithe, and it was given to the strangers, orphans, and widows.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Terumat maaser

Terumat hamaaser was given by the Levite to the Kohen, and was one-tenth of what the Levite had received of the First-tithe. It is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible under the words, "a tithe (tenth) of the tithe" (Numbers 18:26). It, too, was considered Terumah, and was eaten by priests in a state of ritual cleanness. Today, the Terumat maaser is discarded because of general uncleanness, just as the Terumah is now discarded.

Demai

Demai (Mishnaic Hebrew: דמאי) is a Halakhic term meaning "dubious," referring to agricultural produce, the owner of which was not trusted with regard to the correct separation of the tithes assigned to the Levites, although the terumah (the part designated unto priests) was believed to have been separated from such fruits. In such "dubious" cases, all that was necessary was to separate the one-tenth portion due to the priests from the First Tithe given to the Levites, being the 1/100th part of the whole. The Second Tithe is also removed (redeemed) from the fruit in such cases of doubt.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
Places that require tithing
The criterion for determining what places require the tithing of produce is any place within the country that was held by the Returnees from the Babylonian exile, as defined in the "Baraita of the Boundaries" of the Land of Israel;although today the land might be held by a different entity, or else worked by non-Jews, produce grown in those places would still require the separation of tithes when they come into the hand of an Israelite or Jew.

Tithes are broken-off during the Sabbatical year (such as when the ground lies fallow), during which year, all fruits, grains and vegetables that are grown of themselves in that year are considered free and ownerless property. For example, whatever lands were held by those returning from the Babylonian exile at the time of Ezra are forbidden to be ploughed and sown by any Jew during the Seventh year, and even if gentiles were to plough such land and sow it, the produce would be forbidden unto Jews to eat. On the other hand, the extension of such lands held by the people of Israel who departed Egypt and who entered the Land of Canaan under their leader, Joshua, are forbidden to be ploughed by any Jew during the Seventh year, but if gentiles had ploughed such land and sown it, the produce is permitted to be eaten by a Jew. If on a regular week-year, fruits and grains and vegetables, if grown by an Israelite in these places, would require tithing.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
Cattle tithe
An additional tithe mentioned in the Book of Leviticus (27:32-33) is the cattle tithe, which is to be sacrificed as a korban at the Temple in Jerusalem.

Ma'aser kesafim
Ma'aser kesafim is a tithe that Jews give to charity (tzedakah), something that is done on a voluntary basis, as this practice has not been regulated in Jewish codes of law.

HAVING GONE THROUGH ALL THESE...I'M STILL AT A LOSS AS TO WHERE THE CHURCH GOT IT'S DOCTRINE OF OBLIGATORY MONETARY TITHING FROM
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by plainbibletruth: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
petra1:

1. How do we distinguish between the shadows and the real? "HOW"?
2. Explain to us your use of the word "principles"
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by petra1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2017
OkCornel:

Let's avoid going round in circles. Do a thorough research of Jewish history to know how tithes were handled...and corroborate this with the bible.

Go to wikipedia and search for "tithing in Judaism". I can save you the stress by putting the details here. Then you will tell me whether tithing as done in the church has any scriptural basis.

I have more than enough external reference materials . I try to restrict myself to scriptures for now . Kindly do same.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by petra1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
OkCornel:

If physical circumcision is a shadow of the real thing which is a circumcision of the heart (mind)

If animal sacrifice is a shadow of the real thing which is the death and resurrection of Jesus who reconciles man to God

Why can't tithing be a shadow of the real thing which is sacrificial giving as outlined by Jesus in Matthew 25 v 31-46?

Will you settle for good when there is best?

Tithing and free will offerings are not shadows of anything brother. Jesus says tithe
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
petra1:

Tithing and free will offerings are not shadows of anything brother. Jesus says tithe

Based on the bolded from your quote was Jesus speaking to the Pharisees who are the observers of the Law? Or to his followers you and I?

Please where in the bible did Jesus instruct His followers to tithe? Or are you mistaking the Pharisees for Christians too?

Are you following Jesus OR are you obliged to follow the law (inclusive of animal sacrifice, tithing, Mosaic cleansing rituals e.t.c) like a Pharisee?

Are you even tithing the way God instructed it should be done?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 8:35am On Dec 27, 2017
Please see the various texts from which the article was sourced. Cheers

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2017
What makes Satan a clever and crafty liar is the ability to mix the Truth with lies to satisfy his selfish motive.

Anyone who is defending this false doctrine of monetary tithing is only borrowing a leaf from the grand master of liars and deceivers.

Even if a lie has been practised for many centuries...it would never make it the TRUTH!

Monetary tithers would see thee things I've posted and still turn a blind eye to it.

With time we would get to know if People are truly serving God or are pursuing monetary interests as their god in church.

Greedy lying agents of darkness and ignorance!

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by petra1(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2017
Tithe belong to God right right from the days of father Abraham who’s principle of faith we follow .

Under the law God still commanded isreal to give tithes and offerings. Which is used for the service of the house of God and welfare and support of workers and ministers there .

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

After God Instructed them on the tithe to him through the levites , he asked the people to give another 10% to the poor every 3 years and another 10% for a love feast to eat and drink . That doesn’t replace the tithe to God. And that is the error and deception of daddy freeze . He didn’t mentioned the title to God and gave the impression that the other 10% for feast and for the poor were the same. .

As much as we are not tithing based on the law. We tithe based on Abrahamic revelation . However the explanation here is to throw light on the misrepresentation by daddy freeze .

THERE WERE THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TITHES

There were three different kinds of tithes in the Bible . Daddy freeze dwell on a minor one to rubbish the major one .

The three different types are as follows:

1. THE LEVITICAL TITHE (sacred to God).

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

This tithe is used for the work of service in the place of worship and also for the welfare of the workers there.

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

2. THE TITHE OF THE FEAST (Deut. 14:22-27).(daddy freeze beer boozing tithe )
Deuteronomy 14:22-23
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

3. THE TITHE FOR THE POOR (Deut. 14:28, 29). (Every 3 years)
This is done once in very 3 years . It is shared among the poor . While the main annual tithe still runs .

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

The first tithe, the one we trace back to Abra­ham (Gen. 14:18-20), is the sacred tithe, given to the Levites and priests for their service to the temple and the congregation in the Old Testa­ment. This is the tithe we continue to give under the priesthood of Melchizedek in the New Testa­ment. It is the tithe consecrated to God and the furtherance of the gospel and has, therefore, validity for all believers in Christ.

Paul was clear enough .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Now some may say Paul didn't accept support . That's no big deal . He didn't accept support in Corinth because of their carnality . But he accepted support from some other churches . Same goes for pastors today . Most pastors serve voluntarily. They don't receive support . Over 9% of pastors in Deeper life ,Redeem ,CEC, winners are serving voluntarily. They have their own jobs . In fact one of the criterial by which you are sent out is to first have a good job . Except only few who may be required to serve full time and they may have to resign from their job. To get support from church . Church tithe is used to pay workers , church rent , maintainance , equipment ,projects , generator fuel. Chair hire etc and other expenditures. The pastor is not the owner of church money . Every ministry has structure by which money is handled . A pastor in redeem cannot dip his hand into church account . There are approvals from head quarters for expenditure. Not what bloggers online post who don't even go to church

We are not giving tithes as commanded under the law . Our tithing dates to Abraham before the law came . And that it why the other kinds of tithes were not emphasized . So daddy freeze only dwell on the feast party which is not abrahamic . And antitithers are jumping up that they have a hero (who is not even a Christian )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by plainbibletruth: 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2017
petra1:

We are not giving tithes as commanded under the law . Our tithing dates to Abraham before the law came . And that it why the other kinds of tithes were not emphasized . So daddy freeze only dwell on the feast party which is not abrahamic . And antitithers are jumping up that they have a hero (who is not even a Christian )
As much as you are not giving tithes under the Law you also have NO justification to base it on Abraham's.

Looking into NAIRALAND, tithing has been discussed well before now. To want to beat a guy who joined the train along the way smacks of insincerity and deceit.

You have NO AUTHORITY to determine who is a Christian or not. NONE!

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by dyydxx: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
I think this thread should be closed or locked. The matter is becoming redundant now. No new compelling evidence on why a christian should tithe in this dispensation. Just some cobbled together interpretation that enriches pastorpreneurs cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by petra1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
plainbibletruth:

As much as you are not giving tithes under the Law you also have NO justification to base it on Abraham's.

Looking into NAIRALAND, tithing has been discussed well before now. To want to beat a guy who joined the train along the way smacks of insincerity and deceit.

You have NO AUTHORITY to determine who is a Christian or not. NONE!

Rebuke taken Post adjusted

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2017
petra1:

Tithe belong to God right right from the days of father Abraham who’s principle of faith we follow .

Under the law God still commanded isreal to give tithes and offerings. Which is used for the service of the house of God and welfare and support of workers and ministers there .

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

After God Instructed them on the tithe to him through the levites , he asked the people to give another 10% to the poor every 3 years and another 10% for a love feast to eat and drink . That doesn’t replace the tithe to God. And that is the error and deception of daddy freeze . He didn’t mentioned the title to God and gave the impression that the other 10% for feast and for the poor were the same. .

As much as we are not tithing based on the law. We tithe based on Abrahamic revelation . However the explanation here is to throw light on the misrepresentation by daddy freeze .

THERE WERE THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TITHES

There were three different kinds of tithes in the Bible . Daddy freeze dwell on a minor one to rubbish the major one .

The three different types are as follows:

1. THE LEVITICAL TITHE (sacred to God).

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

This tithe is used for the work of service in the place of worship and also for the welfare of the workers there.

2. THE TITHE OF THE FEAST (Deut. 14:22-27).(daddy freeze beer boozing tithe )
Deuteronomy 14:22-23
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

3. THE TITHE FOR THE POOR (Deut. 14:28, 29). (Every 3 years)
This is done once in very 3 years . It is shared among the poor . While the main annual tithe still runs .

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

The first tithe, the one we trace back to Abra­ham (Gen. 14:18-20), is the sacred tithe, given to the Levites and priests for their service to the temple and the congregation in the Old Testa­ment. This is the tithe we continue to give under the priesthood of Melchizedek in the New Testa­ment. It is the tithe consecrated to God and the furtherance of the gospel and has, therefore, validity for all believers in Christ.

Paul was clear enough .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Now some may say Paul didn't accept support . That's no big deal . He didn't accept support in Corinth because of their carnality . But he accepted support from some other churches . Same goes for pastors today . Most pastors serve voluntarily. They don't receive support . Over 9% of pastors in Deeper life ,Redeem ,CEC, winners are serving voluntarily. They have their own jobs . In fact one of the criterial by which you are sent out is to first have a good job . Except only few who may be required to serve full time and they may have to resign from their job. To get support from church . Church tithe is used to pay workers , church rent , maintainance , equipment ,projects , generator fuel. Chair hire etc and other expenditures. The pastor is not the owner of church money . Every ministry has structure by which money is handled . A pastor in redeem cannot dip his hand into church account . There are approvals from head quarters for expenditure. Not what bloggers online post who don't even go to church

If you still insist on the validity of tithing in this dispensation, kindly use the scriptures to explain to us what God instructed should be tithed.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR WHERE GOD INSTRUCTED TITHES TO BE PAID MONETARILY.

Even historical evidence sufficiently points to the fact that agro produce and livestock were the subject matter being tithed....and not generic income.

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by petra1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
OkCornel:

If you still insist on the validity of tithing in this dispensation, kindly use the scriptures to explain to us what God instructed should be tithed.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR WHERE GOD INSTRUCTED TITHES TO BE PAID MONETARILY.

Even historical evidence sufficiently points to the fact that agro produce and livestock were the subject matter being tithed....and not generic income.

Was it agro produce Abraham gave ?

1 Like

Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
petra1:

Was it agro produce Abraham gave ?

Bros stop playing around the TRUTH.

1) Did God instruct Abraham to give a tenth of his booty to Melchizedek? Or was he practising an ancient tradition at that point in time?

2) God handed down the Law to Moses and He clearly instructed what should be tithed. Do you want to replace the instructions of God with the discretion of Abraham?

3) All accounts of Jewish history clearly states what was tithed was agro-produce as clearly instructed by God in the Mosaic laws.

TELL US CLEARLY IF YOU WANT TO PREACH AND ADVICE THAT WE JETTISON THE INSTRUCTIONS OF GOD FOR ABRAHAM'S DISCRETIONARY ACTION.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by OkCornel(m): 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
Genesis 14: 18-24

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

18 And Melchizedek King of Salem [o]brought forth bread and wine: and he was a Priest of the most high God.

19 Therefore he blessed him, saying, Blessed art thou, Abram, of God most high, Possessor of heaven and earth,

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thine hand. And Abram gave him tithes of all.

21 Then the king of Sodom said to Abram, Give me the [q]persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, [r]I have lifted up mine hand unto the Lord the most high God possessor of heaven and earth,

23 That I will not take of all that is thine, so much as a thread or shoe latchet, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich,

24 Save only that, which the young men have eaten, and the parts of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre: let them take their parts.

GO THROUGH THIS PASSAGE...YOU WOULD SEE NO WHERE DID GOD INSTRUCT ABRAHAM ON HOW TO TITHE BECAUSE THERE WERE NO INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY GOD AT THAT POINT IN TIME. RATHER TITHING WAS A CUSTOMARY AND VOLUNTARY TRADITION IN THOSE DAYS.

petra1 are you preaching that Christians should rebel against God's instructions to tithing (which is not mandatory in this dispensation of grace anyways) and replace it with Abraham's standard...or worse still, obey the false doctrine of obligatory monetary tithing that has no basis whatsoever in the scriptures?
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
Milllz:

Churches in Nigeria are all fraudulent. I’m still looking for one that will just remind me of Jesus. Not Christianity for mouth.
You can’t be living flamboyant lifestyle, wearing Gucci and flying private jets when more than half of the population live on less than $1 a day. Do you even know how much it takes to maintain a private jet?? And a particular GO has 4 of it. And you call yourself a pastor. And one in a very poor country at that.

I’ve argued this thing with some ppl, it’s more like a disease of ignorance, deceit and scam. Africa is so laid back but we’ll get there some day.

Come to Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju. You'll be reminded of Jesus Christ every day. I promise you.
Re: What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving by Bbbwings: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

was it Jesus who asked the woman to pour the oil on his legs? Did he threaten to curse other people who didn't pour the oil on his legs? BTW Jesus scolded Jesus because he knew him to be a thief who never really intended to take care of the poor but wanted to embezzle the money
Bro you can't be an atheist, you must open a church.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Real Beggars, Executive Beggars. Can You Spot The Difference? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / Happie Boys To OPM Pastor: You Can't Use Our Stars To Rıde Prıvate Jet...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.