Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider (3196 Views)

>>zain/airtel Freedom Settins 4 Pc Fr3 Browsin: Iwp Is 4ckin Up In Sum Places<< / Decoding Zain Eg162g Usb Modem / Top Secret( Glo,mtn,zain)don't Want You To Know About Your Phone Caller Id (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by kalmebad(f): 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
I subscribed to Zain PAY-AS-YOU-GO internet provider, as much as i enjoy their service, i won't hesitate to call them a thieving provider while i wait to be challenged by them.

It's so sad and am wondering if am alone at this, the reason why i have come to make my grievances open. Zain has reaped me off N5,000.00 at different occasions but the recent one which happened on last Saturday the 26th March 2010,really opened my eyes to what could be the problem.

I checked my balance with Zain code *141*712*0# and it told me i have 99mgb used out off my 100mgb,meaning i have 1mgb left, since i was in a middle of something, i decided to top up as not to be cut off once the 1mgb has been exhausted, surprisingly my account was not credited,even after bonding with their code that reads *141*712*4#, so i felt there might be a network problem, only for me to try shortly again and it still gave me the old balance while it told me that the voucher has been used previously as they would always, (voucher i opened my self, The pin is 2919 5463 6388 6982)

MY question to Zain is?? why accepting the pin when you know i have not exhausted the remaining 1mgb??

Why will i not be credited even after i have exhausted the left mgb

Why would you people not live up to your promises of deliverance

There better be no next time, otherwise will dump your sorry ass, but before i do that, please is anyone on zain PAY-AS-YOU-GO and have experienced what i have gone through with?? and which network is more reliable because am pained at Zain thieving.

Note, am always at loose end because i don't use zain and hardly can call their customer care to complain, just need to know if am alone
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by pappy2000: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
report to ncc and i know they will answer to your problem fast
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by pappy2000: 8:56am On Apr 01, 2010
call 0802255622 that is ncc no,it is free.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by IykeNaira: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
My brother, I feel for you. I advice you call 111 (Customer care) first and rectify the problem. If they refuse, them we can make it a case at NCC. Goodluck.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by gentle4me: 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
For your free calls just go to http://gentle4me..com
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by Pogistega(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2010
You should never load credit when your modem is connected.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by Dfearless1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2010
Well, It will B better 4 U 2 visit 1 of their Customer Care Center. I believe they will rectify it 4 U. U can go 2 their office @ Silverbird Galleria, Victoria Island. I normally go their 4 complains & I normally smile out, so U can check them out.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by inax911(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2010
hey sorry, i feel your pain. what you have to is to just call there customer care by dailing 111 or probably visit any of there outlet, i'm sure they will get your problem solved.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by coolsegun(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2010
@poster, sorry ooooooo
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by Asum: 9:55pm On May 03, 2010
The issue of rip-off on data calls is not limited to Zain alone, it is something that virtually all the operators are guilty of. A lot of them deliberately make it difficult for you to know your data balance at anytime during your subscription so that you can overshoot your plan and fall prey to their outrageous out-of-plan charges. They will tell you that your modem tracks your data usage, which may not be as accurate as the record on their servers. Zain is even doing better in this regard as you can always check your data balance using the appropriate codes.

I use Zain a lot, I use a dedicated line for the data, that way I only load the required amount for the plan. Anytime the plan is exhausted, the connection ends. If you have any spare change in the line, they would not inform you that your plan has ended and that they are now charging you at out-of-plan rates, and they won’t allow you to top-off the data without first exhausting the current plan. So you are better off not having any money in the line.

I believe NCC should make it mandatory for all the service provides to enable the topping of data plans when the current plan has not been exhausted they way we do in cybercafe’s, and to cut the service if the data for the plan is used up if not topped. They should also make it possible to check data balance on their servers at anytime and not through their silly modems. Unless these are done, the service providers will continue to fleece us.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by benzion72(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2010
It is like ZAIN has not fine tune their system. I subscribe for one Gig in April and it expired on April 15th on the sixteen they credited my line with another one Gig without any request. May your gig is credited to my line who knows. Unfortunately i could not use the 1gig because i am using the kine for my Blackberry now.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by mfonemana(f): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
I am surprised. Never had any problem with Zain, rather with MTN snail link, your worst connection. I changed to Zain from there and have been ok ever since. As for fleecing us, na govt alone fit help us there.
Re: Zain : A Thieving Internet Provider by Toks2008(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
Actually i would say that all these ISPs are thieves in a coded form.

I just got a 5k refund from zain a moment ago.

This was what happened.

I had 30mb remaining on my bundle so i decided to add another 1gig 2days ago so i loaded 5k card. I sent the code to bundle the 1gig but got a message that i can't bundle accumulatively but i must wait for the old bundle to expire.

But this was where the problem started. I checked my balance and saw 0 naira meaning the 5k had gone into the system so i simply assumed that zain will activate the new bundle after the remaining 30mb from the old subscrition expires.

To my amazement,i could'nt browse so i called their customer care about 4 times asking them why their system will take my 5k without giving me the appropriate bundle.

A staff really got me infuriated when he told me that i had used the whole 5k explaining that the system started deducting 15kobo per kilobyte as soon as the previous 30mb expired.

Friends,you need to hear my threats to zain and i meant every word of it that i was going to bring down their reputaion in every way possible starting from writing a letter to NCC.

I also made a recommendation to them that the program ought to be in such a way that a notification should be sent to subscribers after exhausting their bundle and not the criminal way the system uses by automated deduction of charges from your main account without prior notice. And that their system should not take out our money if bundling is impossible at that point in time.

The good news is that the 5k has been refunded and the 1024mb is now on my moderm.Thanks to my pestering actions.

So my advice to anyone using these networks is to wait until every single nanobyte is exhausted before putting a dime on the internet account and if possible,remove the sim from the moderm and reload/reactivate the internet sim account from your handset .

Nevertheless,in terms of funtionality,i recommend zain to anyone as it is very efficient in terms of speed and usage. Despite the fact that i spend ample time online as an online fx trader,i still manage to stay over 3 weeks on the 5k bundle of 1024mb.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Very Neat H.P Envy Touchsmart Corei7 12GB Ram 1TB / Modified: This Device Will Lock Your Computer Wirelessly & Also Track Your Keys / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.