Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" (39715 Views)

MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth / Bashir El-Rufai: "Shehu Sani Is A Bastard Pulling Nigeria Backwards" / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Desyner: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

What Winners as a Church gives to CU?? Is it not it's establishment? It's like saying Apple is doing a good job by funding iPhone projects. Who else is going to provide for them?

You still didn't answer the questions I raised at the end. You don't want to agree these pastors are business men whose major merchandise is the word of God.
The difference between Iphone and private uni grads is that one is geared towards profit. You know i got you with that expose. Ha ha ha.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by HeyCorleone(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2017
Desyner:

The rate at which you make up lies is impressive. How can a man chosing a school over another be rebellion against God ?
I just explained why the private uni appears to the public to be charging huge fee when infact it is as good as free. You are dodging reality here.

I read your points.. They were very stupid.

Still may have forgotten the fact that early missionaries, and even some Catholic institutions till now, like their seminaries, provide completely free education.

I don't see anything, other than self deceit, stopping these GOs from opening just 1 free school. I mean 1 frigging free school for the poor, who make up more than half of their members.

I can't believe anyone in their right minds would defend these churches' high handedness.

Saying I cook up lies? Please. What you don't know you don't know.

I'm sure you're his member that's why you're fighting so hard to his defence. I understand. No one likes their pastor being accused.

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by HeyCorleone(m): 10:04am On Dec 14, 2017
Desyner:
The difference between Iphone and private uni grads is that one is geared towards profit. You know i got you with that expose. Ha ha ha.

You didn't give reasons why Winners funding CU should be a big deal. It's their investment. Who's to fund it for them before?
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by bionixs: 10:11am On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

What Winners as a Church gives to CU?? Is it not it's establishment? It's like saying Apple is doing a good job by funding iPhone projects. Who else is going to provide for them?

You still didn't answer the questions I raised at the end. You don't want to agree these pastors are business men whose major merchandise is the word of God.
WHAT DID JESUS SAY IN LUKE 2:49, ......I will go about my father's BUSINESS. Not reading your bible has always been your problem. JESUS IS THE FIRST BUSINESSMAN . LOOK UP YOUR DICTIONARY AND TELL ME HOW BUSINESS IS A CRIME. IF TRADING MUNDANE GOOD IS BUSINESS,DONT YOU THINK TRADING GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL BUSINESS. IF YOU THINK BEING A PASTOR IS A CASUAL WORK,YOU AS A CHRISTIAN SHOULD TELL US HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE PREACHED TO THIS 2017 (CHRIST COMMANDED YOU TO DO IT 'MUST') YOU ARE JUST A CHRISTIAN FOR MOUTH. TELL THE GUY NEXT TO YOU IN THE STREET OR OFFICE ABOUT SALVATION THAT GOD BROUGHT TO MANKIND THROUGH CHRIST TODAY AND COME BACK AND TELL US TO BE PASTOR EASY AS YOU THINK. HOW MANY SOULS HAVE YOU WON? WHEN YOU HEAR PASTORS,YOU WAKE UP AND BECOME ACTIVE. GET JUST ONE SOUL,THEN THINK ABOUT TWO OR MORE TILL YOU MAKE A CHURCH. KEEP QUIET ,YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ANY PASTOR, YOU DIDNT CALL THEM, GOD DID. IF YOU SAY GOD DIDNT ,YOU LET US KNOW YOU ARE GOD'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT OR SECRETARY AND YOU WERE THERE WHEN GOD CALLED HIM OR NOT
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Desyner: 10:12am On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

You didn't give reasons why Winners funding CU should be a big deal. It's their investment. Who's to fund it for them before?
If you read what I posted you would have realised winners already funded their unis by over 100%.
They give scholarship to the students, then proceed to admit extra students who are willing to pay for the basic recurrent expenditure in their campus. If your brain comprehends 10% of I wrote you will realize that CU is as good as free.
The arrangement the school has and the language they us is what is confusing pained souls.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by HeyCorleone(m): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2017
Desyner:
If you read what I posted you would have realised winners already funded their unis by over 100%.
They give scholarship to the students, then proceed to admit extra students who are willing to pay for the basic recurrent expenditure in their campus. If your brain comprehends 10% of I wrote you will realize that CU is as good as free.
The arrangement the school has and the language they us is what is confusing pained souls.

Lol.. CU is good as free. Understand the difference between what is written on paper and the actual reality.

I know over 20 folks in covenant. They all pay huge sums.

So the rubbish you're trying to pass across is otiose.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by HeyCorleone(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2017
bionixs:
WHAT DID JESUS SAY IN LUKE 2:49, ......I will go about my father's BUSINESS. Not reading your bible has always been your problem. JESUS IS THE FIRST BUSINESSMAN . LOOK UP YOUR DICTIONARY AND TELL ME HOW BUSINESS IS A CRIME. IF TRADING MUNDANE GOOD IS BUSINESS,DONT YOU THINK TRADING GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL BUSINESS. IF YOU THINK BEING A PASTOR IS A CASUAL WORK,YOU AS A CHRISTIAN SHOULD TELL US HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE PREACHED TO THIS 2017 (CHRIST COMMANDED YOU TO DO IT 'MUST') YOU ARE JUST A CHRISTIAN FOR MOUTH. TELL THE GUY NEXT TO YOU IN THE STREET OR OFFICE ABOUT SALVATION THAT GOD BROUGHT TO MANKIND THROUGH CHRIST TODAY AND COME BACK AND TELL US TO BE PASTOR EASY AS YOU THINK. HOW MANY SOULS HAVE YOU WON? WHEN YOU HEAR PASTORS,YOU WAKE UP AND BECOME ACTIVE. GET JUST ONE SOUL,THEN THINK ABOUT TWO OR MORE TILL YOU MAKE A CHURCH. KEEP QUIET ,YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ANY PASTOR, YOU DIDNT CALL THEM, GOD DID. IF YOU SAY GOD DIDNT ,YOU LET US KNOW YOU ARE GOD'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT OR SECRETARY AND YOU WERE THERE WHEN GOD CALLED HIM OR NOT

You're either suffering from cerebral palsy or something close to it.

Okay Jesus was a business man, what business did he engage in? Just mention 1 business other than the fact that he was preaching and performing miracles.

People just misinterpret Bibles and claim to be born again.

inane souls.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by BanjiHols(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2017
bionixs:
WINNERS church doesn't have parishes, anyone winners member allover the world and those who know the church even on Nairaland could be witnesses. They have Provinces,Districts,zones and Cells. Winners don't have GO,let alone GO's wife. Student campus fellowships run a different extra activities apart from the main church activities. their funding is by the main church,anyone could confirm this. Student could contribute to do anything they like. Mosty free-will contributions to fix little things in the church are done secretly among capable old members. like in festive seasons,financial capable members join hands to contribute freely to buy gifts for those in need. sometime one individual picks the bill alone. One special thing about winners is that someone could fund as big project without anyone knowing it as it is widely believed that if it goes public,as in launching and fund-raising,you have no reward. there is a slogan among winner that says" YOU DONT NEED TO MAKE NOISE TO MAKE NEWS. Anything that has to do with money and services, is free will and secret. I laugh when I hear people say this and that about winners,it's an indication that it is born out of share hate and jealousy. saying what they don't know. those under Oyedepo's scholarships and given well built houses for members secretly, are so many that he doesn't know them. so many airlift of materials to disaster area . you will never hear it because that is the policy.as I said, he doesn't make noise to make news.
if I may ask, why is our older churches not called scammers. they do all manner of launching,compulsory fund raising(CWO are main culprits ),bazaar to the extent of compelling surviving members of a dead member to clear all accumulated dues before burial. Not hear say, I have been involved directly
. All we see,on social media is Redeemed this,Winners that, Loveworld those. all I see is nail them by all means. But you can see that the more you castigate them, the more people troop in and the more they scale new heights. Since the anti tithe campaign,it has only encouraged people to pay more. those who come here castigating it are still those who have not been paying and never paid,so it doesn't change a thing

Ok thanks for the information as you can see here i referred to the student fellowship .which was a big church building in the town.But we were asked to buy gift for the wife of the GO then for her bday. I stopped going there after that.

Regarding last paragraph..people are not focusing on the older churches because the society(millions) have benefited from their missionary schools along the years. Regardless our family background you would still be able to afford those schools.A lot of our present day leaders and pastors even attended many of these schools for free or almost free.

But u must be a millionaire to get your kids educted in the schools founded b this present day churches.Only about 1 percent of members will be able to afford the so called schools.

Thats the difference.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Desyner: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

[s]
I read your points.. They were very stupid.

Still may have forgotten the fact that early missionaries, and even some Catholic institutions till now, like their seminaries, provide completely free education.

I don't see anything, other than self deceit, stopping these GOs from opening just 1 free school. I mean 1 frigging free school for the poor, who make up more than half of their members.

I can't believe anyone in their right minds would defend these churches' high handedness.

Saying I cook up lies? Please. What you don't know you don't know.

I'm sure you're his member that's why you're fighting so hard to his defence. I understand. No one likes their pastor being accused. [/s]
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Desyner: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Lol.. CU is good as free. Understand the difference between what is written on paper and the actual reality.

I know over 20 folks in covenant. They all pay huge sums.

So the rubbish you're trying to pass across is otiose.
There are thousands enjoying scholarship also. Who you know doesn't change a thing.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by BanjiHols(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2017
jonnytad:

Den let God be the judge. ...

I will never judge another man.

Ephesians 5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them

Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come follow me.Matthew 19:21
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by HeyCorleone(m): 10:39am On Dec 14, 2017
Desyner:
There are thousands enjoying scholarship also. Who you know doesn't change a thing.

Scholarship is not a new thing and it's not a feature someone should be shouting about.

I don't know why you're crying about scholarship. The people who built the school agreed to give some people scholarship. So? What is the big deal there?

Why do we praise mediocrity?
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by sexylabo(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2017
schools that a common church member in his church cannot afford...that is nonsense...pastor of nowadays sef...that is not what jesus potrays
pauljumbo:
Charlie boy pack

This pastors are business men also

Oyedepo have the highest number of private primary schools in Nigeria and you think he can't afford private jet for only 4 million dollars

Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by GoldNiagara(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2017
exlinklodge:
Social crusader and son late High Court Judge, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charly boy, on Wednesday described pastors and politicians, who own private jets as “bastards.”

The veteran entertainer and convener of OurMumuDonDo made the remark while frowning at the sorry state of Nigeria Airways. In a post via his Twitter handle, he shared some photographs juxtaposing other countries national carriers with the dead Nigerian Airways.

He wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bco4YWplzeB/?hl=en

Nigeria Airways Ltd was founded in 1958 after the dissolution of West African Airways Corporation (WAAC). It held the name WAAC Nigeria until 1971, when it was rebranded to the name it had until it ceased operations in 2003.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/12/any-politicians-or-pastor-that-has.html

His father was a supreme Court justice not high court.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Desyner: 11:02am On Dec 14, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Scholarship is not a new thing and it's not a feature someone should be shouting about.

I don't know why you're crying about scholarship. The people who built the school agreed to give some people scholarship. So? What is the big deal there?

Why do we praise mediocrity?
The scholarship is what makes the school as good as free. Those you know who pay are the people who fill in to utilize the infrastructures on ground. If the church was to stop admitting those extra students (an action that will save them money). Then only those on scholarship will be remaining and it becomes fully subsidized system to people(outsiders) like you. Get it?
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by kaykay222(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2017
brother Charley...Charley.....you are welcome back after so many years in cold room....I think you need to talk....so pp will kno that you never spent your fathers money finish......well don boy
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by jonnytad(m): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2017
BanjiHols:

I will never judge another man.

Ephesians 5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them

Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come follow me.Matthew 19:21

Enough of casting aspersions. ... leave them to God
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by chibuzorAbia: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2017
jonnytad:

Oga.... u never live for Ajah or lekki. And am talkn about legitimate business mogul

See this one. I built a 100m natural house for Ajah. This country is full of crooks.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by TheAlchemist: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2017
BanjiHols:
If you want to tell me the reason why it is need is because of their busy schedule.. pls which busy schedule? Simple technology/podcast/live transmission/interactive live cast has already solved this issue..it is not necessary to be there physically pls.

Please tell these so called Pastors ooh... Even within Nigeria major companies now conduct their meeting via video conferencing...... Imagine pastors traveling out of the country for weeks, and leaving their pre-recorded programmes for gullible members to watch... The pastors is out their chasing dollars, pounds, euro,etc... and feels the best he can give his members his for them to watch his hologram on 3d..... honestly Nigerian church goers must wake up from their slumber.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by wiseEast: 11:36am On Dec 14, 2017
Annibel:
Just buy your own and leave God to judge

God has already Judged

read your bible well

Real men of God live moderate to poor lifestyle not luxurious

Christ rode on donkey not Horses and chariots
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by wiseEast: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2017
Degis:
Charlie, how many times will I tell you to stop sniffing osogbo weed?. I give you 3 market days to delete this rubbish

God has already Judged

read your bible well

Christ rode n donkey not Horses and chariots
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by wiseEast: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2017
freeay:
What more do you expect from a boy at 60.Lol.

God has already Judged

read your bible well

Christ rode n donkey not Horses and chariots
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by wiseEast: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2017
bionixs:
and what should anyone be doing with a private car?

for a private could be used to establish many parishes as well as feed the looming poor in the zoogeria. so as to save souls
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Sammyblaq(m): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2017
People are still gullible.

Charley boy is so much on point.
Kill yaself if you don't buy it.

It pains me that one can not fly straight from 9ja to USA but dropping at Ethiopia. VV.

What goes for the tithers?
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by wiseEast: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2017
dallyemmy:
Why una come dey Jealous Pastors like this now? Una think say God wan make im pastors suffer?

the ZOO(geria) is fighting war against corruption . hence the church money which the pastor had belongs to God and it meant to save souls of the people
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by wiseEast: 12:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
Adamawaswt:
Y ist that Nigerians thinks lik maggot.. ...they want pastor to be begging Abi?

you think pastoral work is a bed of roses
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by jonnytad(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

See this one. I built a 100m natural house for Ajah. This country is full of crooks.

Hahahahahah �. .... Lipsealed o
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by Onlyson96(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2017
exlinklodge:
Social crusader and son late High Court Judge, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charly boy, on Wednesday described pastors and politicians, who own private jets as “bastards.”

The veteran entertainer and convener of OurMumuDonDo made the remark while frowning at the sorry state of Nigeria Airways. In a post via his Twitter handle, he shared some photographs juxtaposing other countries national carriers with the dead Nigerian Airways.

He wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bco4YWplzeB/?hl=en

Nigeria Airways Ltd was founded in 1958 after the dissolution of West African Airways Corporation (WAAC). It held the name WAAC Nigeria until 1971, when it was rebranded to the name it had until it ceased operations in 2003.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/12/any-politicians-or-pastor-that-has.html
it is not a sin but a stupidy to own a private jet and almst 70% of his congregation are living in poverty.. Why not using d money to eradicate poverty.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by bionixs: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
BanjiHols:

Ok thanks for the information as you can see here i referred to the student fellowship .which was a big church building in the town.But we were asked to buy gift for the wife of the GO then for her bday. I stopped going there after that.

Regarding last paragraph..people are not focusing on the older churches because the society(millions) have benefited from their missionary schools along the years. Regardless our family background you would still be able to afford those schools.A lot of our present day leaders and pastors even attended many of these schools for free or almost free.

But u must be a millionaire to get your kids educted in the schools founded b this present day churches.Only about 1 percent of members will be able to afford the so called schools.

Thats the difference.
quality education can never be free anywhere,no matter how sentimental we go about it. I studied in public university(Unn) and that wouldnt make me run down the providers of more quality school,missionary or individuals. My kids are in more quality ones today. To bring back the standard of education to what it use to be,you must spend good money ,no short cuts. The govt whose duty it is failed woefully. Dont blame the mission. Let us learn to live within our means and stop trading blames. Most stake holder in different area in nigeria today are product of public schools. People like Oyedepo give so many scholarship to those who cant afford. You dont expect the church to care of everyone or lower their standard which requires money. But i am aware they are giving hope to the hopeless every year. Come closer and ask question.
Re: Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" by BanjiHols(m): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
bionixs:
quality education can never be free anywhere,no matter how sentimental we go about it. I studied in public university(Unn) and that wouldnt make me run down the providers of more quality school,missionary or individuals. My kids are in more quality ones today. To bring back the standard of education to what it use to be,you must spend good money ,no short cuts. The govt whose duty it is failed woefully. Dont blame the mission. Let us learn to live within our means and stop trading blames. Most stake holder in different area in nigeria today are product of public schools. People like Oyedepo give so many scholarship to those who cant afford. You dont expect the church to care of everyone or lower their standard which requires money. But i am aware they are giving hope to the hopeless every year. Come closer and ask question.

May each follow the path he has chosen.I am on to the next 1 bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigerians Are Suspicious, Open Up Now – Doctors Tell Presidency / Abba Kyari Taking Orders From Osinbajo For The Ist Time In FEC (Photos) / Ondo Rejects Expired Palliative Rice From FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.