Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates (7963 Views)

What Next After Seeing Your Utme Result: Steps To Admission Success / JAMB-2018: The Secrets Behind Every Admission Success / Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Dapromzy333(m): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
The new admission procedure in Nigeria has put some students in panic. Scoring a high mark in JAMB is the best way to have hope of admission. JAMB slashed the cut off marks to 120 but that didn't stop top universities like UI, UNILAG, OAU, UNILORIN and UNIBEN from sticking to their usual 200 cut-off mark. If you want to get into one of these top universities, then you are in for some smart work. Scoring 250+ in JAMB is no difficult task. All you need is the right subject combination and your passion. You can not have passion for engineering and decide to study medicine, you will eventually get lost. Here are things to take note of:

1. Identify your passion: Like I said earlier, You can not have passion for engineering and decide to study medicine, you will eventually get lost. You have to identify the subjects you are passionate about. For example, if you are a science student and you are in love with chemistry, you should go for chemistry - related courses and draft them down. What courses would be in your mind? Pharmacy, pharmacology, lab science and technology, chemical engineering, medicine and surgery, nursing, dentistry etc. These are the top courses related to chemistry. When you draft them down, you can start identifying your passion for each course. Are you a fan of doctors?
Would you love to be like Otedola and own a filling station? Or would you rather spend 5 years and be established on your own as a pharmacist? When you identify what you want, keep that in mind. Let your day rotate around it.

2. Subject combination: Since you have combined your passion and sub-passion, you have to get the best subject combination for your course. Wrong subject combination is one of the major reasons why some intelligent students fail.to be admitted into universities. A pharmacy aspirant may think because mathematics was always important in their secondary school, they must do it in JAMB and prove themselves. Even if you get a 100% in mathematics and 90% in the three other subjects, you won't still gain admission because of your subject combination. The correct subject combination for pharmacy is English, chemistry and biology. It's only a handful of courses that you need mathematics in your JAMB.

3. WORK SMART: Don't just work hard, also work smart. Smart work means utilising your opportunities in the easiest ways possible to bring out the best result. A student who is aspiring for pharmacy would write English, chemistry, biology and physics. Before the student applied for this, he/she must have had passion for at least one of these subjects...especially chemistry since it's like the bed-rock of pharmacy. Now if that student focuses more on chemistry with at least an average knowledge of other subjects, he should attain 250+ in his JAMB.

LET'S DO THE MATH
You read well on chemistry since it's your favourite subject and you try your best to get at least 85%, physics 55%, English 65% and biology 52%...that's a total of 257 in your JAMB. That is pretty nice for any university but it also depends on your O'level result and post utme. You can achieve more than this if you read the English novels given during registration. At least 10 questions are set based on these novels, if you can manage to get 8 of them correctly and boost your total score to 75, you will see your JAMB score rising to 267. In any university in Nigeria, you already qualify for screening if you have this kind of result with a good O'level result and post utme score.

4. Be confident: This is what you need the most if you are planning to implement all these techniques. Without confidence, you might see yourself picking the wrong answers in the exam hall. Then you submit your exam and start hitting your head like "why why why". Make sure you gather as much courage as you can before the day if the exam. Set a goal for yourself. While solving past questions, set the score you want to reach and make sure you achieve it before the exam. This will boost your confidence level above 100%. But don't be overconfident. Try to access all your works and correct your mistakes. Make sure you are fast but at the same time, careful. When you have calculations, skip them. Don't even try to solve any calculation until you are through with all your questions then you can return to your calculation and take as much time as you like. Even if you calculate three out of five, it can go a long way in your result. Confidence is key! You can also formulate a quote that boosts your confidence e.g all is well, It is I, I got this.

Bonus: PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! All work and no prayer, makes JAMBITES register again. Make sure you pray for what you want and thank God for doing it before it is done.

I wish you good luck!

http://www.solutionclass.com.ng/2017/12/admission-success-tips-for-jamb.html?m=1

lala

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Amplitron: 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
Great advice. Secondary schools should also give wise counseling to their students. Most students leave secondary school with no clue about how admissions and post secondary school studies work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by horia: 3:03am On Jan 17, 2018
Dapromzy333:
The new admission procedure in Nigeria has put some students in panic. Scoring a high mark in JAMB is the best way to have hope of admission. JAMB slashed the cut off marks to 120 but that didn't stop top universities like UI, UNILAG, OAU, UNILORIN and UNIBEN from sticking to their usual 200 cut-off mark. If you want to get into one of these top universities, then you are in for some smart work. Scoring 250+ in JAMB is no difficult task. All you need is the right subject combination and your passion. You can not have passion for engineering and decide to study medicine, you will eventually get lost. Here are things to take note of:

1. Identify your passion: Like I said earlier, You can not have passion for engineering and decide to study medicine, you will eventually get lost. You have to identify the subjects you are passionate about. For example, if you are a science student and you are in love with chemistry, you should go for chemistry - related courses and draft them down. What courses would be in your mind? Pharmacy, pharmacology, lab science and technology, chemical engineering, medicine and surgery, nursing, dentistry etc. These are the top courses related to chemistry. When you draft them down, you can start identifying your passion for each course. Are you a fan of doctors?
Would you love to be like Otedola and own a filling station? Or would you rather spend 5 years and be established on your own as a pharmacist? When you identify what you want, keep that in mind. Let your day rotate around it.

2. Subject combination: Since you have combined your passion and sub-passion, you have to get the best subject combination for your course. Wrong subject combination is one of the major reasons why some intelligent students fail.to be admitted into universities. A pharmacy aspirant may think because mathematics was always important in their secondary school, they must do it in JAMB and prove themselves. Even if you get a 100% in mathematics and 90% in the three other subjects, you won't still gain admission because of your subject combination. The correct subject combination for pharmacy is English, chemistry and biology. It's only a handful of courses that you need mathematics in your JAMB.

3. WORK SMART: Don't just work hard, also work smart. Smart work means utilising your opportunities in the easiest ways possible to bring out the best result. A student who is aspiring for pharmacy would write English, chemistry, biology and physics. Before the student applied for this, he/she must have had passion for at least one of these subjects...especially chemistry since it's like the bed-rock of pharmacy. Now if that student focuses more on chemistry with at least an average knowledge of other subjects, he should attain 250+ in his JAMB.

LET'S DO THE MATH
You read well on chemistry since it's your favourite subject and you try your best to get at least 85%, physics 55%, English 65% and biology 52%...that's a total of 257 in your JAMB. That is pretty nice for any university but it also depends on your O'level result and post utme. You can achieve more than this if you read the English novels given during registration. At least 10 questions are set based on these novels, if you can manage to get 8 of them correctly and boost your total score to 75, you will see your JAMB score rising to 267. In any university in Nigeria, you already qualify for screening if you have this kind of result with a good O'level result and post utme score.

4. Be confident: This is what you need the most if you are planning to implement all these techniques. Without confidence, you might see yourself picking the wrong answers in the exam hall. Then you submit your exam and start hitting your head like "why why why". Make sure you gather as much courage as you can before the day if the exam. Set a goal for yourself. While solving past questions, set the score you want to reach and make sure you achieve it before the exam. This will boost your confidence level above 100%. But don't be overconfident. Try to access all your works and correct your mistakes. Make sure you are fast but at the same time, careful. When you have calculations, skip them. Don't even try to solve any calculation until you are through with all your questions then you can return to your calculation and take as much time as you like. Even if you calculate three out of five, it can go a long way in your result. Confidence is key! You can also- formulate a quote that boosts your confidence e.g all is well, It is I, I got this.

Bonus: PRAY! PRAY! PRAY! All work and no prayer, makes JAMBITES register again. Make sure you pray for what you want and thank God for doing it before it is done.

I wish you good luck!

http://http://2www.solutionclass.com.ng/2017/12/admission-success-tips-for-jamb.html?m=1
lala
I scored 270; 60; 64 like 2 batches have been released and I've not been admitted yet.
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by SULTANALAUDDIN: 7:11am On Jan 17, 2018
Good luck y'all
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by jeeqaa7(m): 7:13am On Jan 17, 2018
Jamb is a fraud... I cannot see till today of what importance it was if I had to still pass waec.

In other news

Virgins are on the increase.. Don't know how but some ex oloshoes are now virgins, and don't be deceived .. They bleed too

www.nairaland.com/4280811/10-struggles-dating-virgin
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 17, 2018
hm
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 17, 2018
ok
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by djfabmusik(m): 7:23am On Jan 17, 2018
Please what are the subjects combination for business education?

1 Like

Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by nikaShow(m): 7:25am On Jan 17, 2018
Also go and use Ileemore.com !

Have seen quite a number of jamb students in my area saying it's been cool for them...best of luck !

1 Like

Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by LadyD91: 7:25am On Jan 17, 2018
Thank you very much for this info. I never knew JAMB could actually be written without mathematics. The problem now is that politics has eaten deep down into our universities. They now have Presidential list, senators list, Governor's list etc.
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by santopelele(m): 7:33am On Jan 17, 2018
I NO FIT COMMENT FOR JAMB WAHALA JOOR
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by oluFELAxy(m): 7:35am On Jan 17, 2018
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by jericco1(m): 7:37am On Jan 17, 2018
what about those that applied law and were given history, medicine and were given zoology, economics and were given French. where is the passion in that?

1 Like

Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Guruboi(m): 7:40am On Jan 17, 2018
Hmmmm sad
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by princola: 7:52am On Jan 17, 2018
Admissioninto university in nigeria and beyond nowadays is a great problem especially for those trying to use jamb as the mode of entry. . . But for those that pass the last UTME, i wish your a succesful result in your post UTME and for those who did not pass the UTME, i have a good news and better alternative. . . the best alternative, is IJMB.

Interim joint matriculation board. . . It is a programme, that takes you to 200 level directly into any school of your choice. . . . This programme, is available for aLL department. . . . . . The programme is organized by the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, and has accredited centres in ilorin and other environs

The programme is been accepted by some universities in nigeria. . . To know the universities and for more relevant information about the programme, pls visit www.ijmbadmission.net

The programme last for only nine months. . . In this centre there is transparency and necessary info are been released to student as at when due. . .

It would also be pleasing to know that the programme is acceptable even beyound the shores of our great country nigeria......we have students in various countries especially malaysia who have secured admission using the IJMB A'level programme........

The center run lectures regularly and also make sure the student registration is been done properly and on time. . . The center try their possible best that student have a good points at the end of the programme. . The centre assist the student in their own little way. . . the centre also assist their students With admission in few universities that they know they can assist because doing the programme is not your priority rather than gaining admission with the programme. . . .

We advise interested candidates to come for their registration in other to prevent any difficulties. . .

We have success stories of students in various universities that accept the programme. . . We encourage and also give educational advice where necessary. . .

Over the years now IJMB has been a good alternative for most student entering into university directly into 200level. . The programme is recommendable. . .

The Fees for the programme is affordable and the centre has done it in a way that interested student can pay conveniently without much burden. . . . Lectures and other necessary learning materials and tools is also included in the fees.

The centre has a good, safe and conducive learning environment and hostel. . . With regular electricity. . . Also the centre is closer to the lectures area which makes it convenient and easy for students to attend lectures regularly without stress. . . . .

Hostel facilities is very neat and convenient. .

So don't just sit at home doing nothing while the world passes you by....... you would be doing yourself a whole world of good by coming for the programme and it would be a step definitely in the right direction and also in securing yourself a place in the ivory tower.

Registration for 2018 session for IJMB has begun, dont be left of this mind blowing opportunity of gaining admission into 200level in any university of your choice. Visit www.ijmbadmission.net for more information

OR

Call any of the following numbers: 08142214098, 08141503181, 07086958921
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 17, 2018
Amplitron:
Great advice. Secondary schools should also give wise counseling to their students. Most students leave secondary school with no clue about how admissions and post secondary school studies work.
Nice one

And the school needs to help them in registering vital subjects.

Imagine a science student writing Civic Education, Catering craft & Marketing in one WAEC! Is he not limited to choosing just any course already?
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by austinegreat: 8:41am On Jan 17, 2018
For your sure success in WAEC NECO GCE JAMB and admission securement into a tertiary institution call KLASSIC TUTORS @ 08037589601
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by newslifeop: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Spaceclenzy1(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2018
cc.umehpaul1
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Djex614: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2018
horia:
I scored 270; 60; 64 like 2 batches have been released and I've not been admitted yet.
Same here.. It pains alot
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by PharmJohn88(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2018
UNIUYO flung my 251 to the bin, refusing me study in Pharmacy. I'm gathering another 8000naira to go and get registered for the third, and by God's special grace, the last time. And m'Abasi, I'm pursuing medicine. And I'll make it. @OP, many thanks!
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Emaxwell(m): 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Djex614:

Same here.. It pains alot

Same here bro Uniben dashed my hopes after 58% as agg
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by MilesLamar(m): 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Dapromzy333:

LET'S DO THE MATH

4. Be confident: This is what you need the most if you are planning to implement all these techniques. Without confidence, you might see yourself picking the wrong answers in the exam hall. Then you submit your exam and start hitting your head like "why why why". Make sure you gather as much courage as you can before the day if the exam. Set a goal for yourself. While solving past questions, set the score you want to reach and make sure you achieve it before the exam. This will boost your confidence level above 100%. But don't be overconfident. Try to access all your works and correct your mistakes. Make sure you are fast but at the same time, careful. When you have calculations, skip them. Don't even try to solve any calculation until you are through with all your questions then you can return to your calculation and take as much time as you like. Even if you calculate three out of five, it can go a long way in your result. Confidence is key! You can also formulate a quote that boosts your confidence e.g all is well, It is I, I got this.

I wish you good luck!

http://www.solutionclass.com.ng/2017/12/admission-success-tips-for-jamb.html?m=1

lala

what is the way right subject combination for electrical engineer pls help
Re: Admission Success Tips For JAMB Candidates by Godswillee(m): 7:22am On Jan 20, 2018
ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB. surest way to get to 200 level in any university of your choice. for enquire call or whatsaap 0701824591#

(1) (Reply)

All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo) / Top 10 Most Popular Hangouts In The University Of Ibadan / University Of Maiduguri ( UNIMAID )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.