Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC (1092 Views)

DSS, Army Intimidated Voters, INEC Officials – US Department Of State / Statistics Of Registered Voters For 2019 Elections / Breakdown Of Registered Voters By INEC As At 31st Of August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by eceemon(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
This might be helpful to someone
The earlier the better

Introduction:-
A Nigerian has the right to live in any part of the country. An important part of voter registration is that an eligible person is advised to register at a centre nearest to him or her within the Ward  in which he or she resides. This is to make it easy for the voter to access the polling unit and vote on election day.

However, a person who relocated to another place, outside the constituency in which he registered cannot vote in his new location unless he transfers his registration. Section 13 of the Electoral Act 2010 as Amended provides for Transfer of Registered Voters.

Procedure for Transfer:-

–         Step 1-

–         The person who intends to transfer his registration will write an application to  INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State  where he is currently residing.

–         Step 2-

–         The applicant will attach his voters card to the application.

–         Step 3-

–         The applicant must apply to the Resident Electoral Commissioner not later than 30 days before the date of an election in the constituency where he is residing.

–         Step 4-

–         The Resident Electoral Commissioner will direct the Electoral Officer of the applicants Local Government Area to enter his name  in the transferred voters list.

–         Step 5-

–         The Electoral Officer will assign the applicant to a polling unit in his constituency.

–         Step 6-

–         The Electoral Officer will issue the applicant with a new voters card

–         Step 7-

–         The Electoral officer will retrieve the applicants previous voters card

–         Step 8-

–          He will then send a copy of the entry to the Electoral officer of the constituency where the person whose name has been so entered was originally registered.

–         Step 9-

–          Upon receipt of this entry, that Electoral Officer shall delete the name from his voters list.

–         Note- Apart from  State Headquarters Offices of INEC, applicants can also submit their applications at the INEC Office in their Local Government Areas. The applications will be forwarded to the Resident Electoral Commissioner for necessary action.

Source: http://www.inecnigeria.org/?page_id=2051

CC lalastica, Mynd44
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by tu9ic3(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
What about if you re-register another voter card to new location/state
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by eceemon(m): 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
tu9ic3:
What about if you re-register another voter card to new location/state

U cannot register for PVC twice...
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by tu9ic3(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
eceemon:

U cannot register for PVC twice...

Actually I didn't get my 1st pvc only d tvc and FYI I re-register a new one not too long ago and I have the TVC
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
this is stupidity for God sake we are Nigerians your voters card should be used anywhere in the country not minding where you registered it.,
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by eceemon(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
tu9ic3:

Actually I didn't get my 1st pvc only d tvc and FYI I re-register a new one not too long ago and I have the TVC

Okay
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by samwobi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
What if any of your names was missplelt, and you have a PVC already?
Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by mathefaro(m): 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
Please where did you register? I have been looking for where to register for it here in Ibadan all to no avail
tu9ic3:

Re: Guidelines For Transfer Of Registered Voters -INEC by tu9ic3(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2017
mathefaro:
Please where did you register? I have been looking for where to register for it here in Ibadan all to no avail

Osogbo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Obasanjo Attacked Buhari - APC Chieftain Eze / PHOTOS: Gov. Amosun At The Funeral Of Sen. Obadara's Wife / NURTW Chairman Emerges Vice President Of International Transport Federation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.