Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired (31726 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2017
Hi everyone please i need an advice on what to do . My tenant house rent have expired since August this year he have refused to pay for house rent i told my junior brother to go to court last week and the court served him Quit notice pasted it in his door but the 7

days have expired on Monday this week the court have not done anything to eject him and him have refused to go to court or park out. i need an advice next step to take this will be my first time of serving my tenant Quit notice am always lucky to have good tenants but this one have been giving all the tenants in my house problem my tenants have been complaining to me bitterly

7 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 14, 2017
Get a lawyer.. Please don't take laws into your hands, because the law tilts more in favour of tenants.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 7:19am On Dec 14, 2017
PropertiesNaija:
Get a lawyer.. Please don't take laws into your hands, because the law tilts more in favour of tenants.

Do i still need a lawyer after court served him Quit notice last week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 14, 2017
collinsmp:

Yes, he will still be given some few weeks of grace again to park out. After which he can be deemed as a trespasser, and can then be forcefully ejected (in the presence of bailiffs).
If you get in between the processes, you may be shooting yourself in the leg, as he may even have to sue you for wrongful eviction.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2017
PropertiesNaija:

Yes, he will still be given some few weeks of grace again to park out. After which he can be deemed as a trespasser, and can then be forcefully ejected (in the presence of bailiffs).
If you get in between the processes, you may be shooting yourself in the leg, as he may even have to sue you for wrongful eviction.

Somebody told me this morning that i need to go back to court the need to serve him another 7 days final warning before they court have to take action. is that true?
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by PointZerom: 7:47am On Dec 14, 2017
collinsmp:

If the tenant is on yearly payment, it is 6 months notice that u'll give him and it will start counting frm d day you served him d notice irrespective of how many months he has not paid.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 7:51am On Dec 14, 2017
PropertiesNaija:

The guy have no plan to park out he told my Caretaker that he will stay in the compound till next year August that is what he have been doing he will pay for one year house rent and stay for one year for free that he knows that before court will take action it will take 2 years before then he will park out

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2017
PointZerom:
If the tenant is on yearly payment, it is 6 months notice that u'll give him and it will start counting frm d day you served him d notice irrespective of how many months he has not paid.

No i did not serve him Notice to Quit what i served him is Quit notice because the agreement which he signed before parking him in my house is that he must pay his rent a day after his rent expire .and he have make it clear to me that he will not pay for the rent so he have no plan to pay for the house rent so i have no other option than to serve him Quit notice since his rent have expired since August.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by ebujany(m): 8:07am On Dec 14, 2017
collinsmp:

No i did not serve him Notice to Quit what i served him is Quit notice because the agreement which he signed before parking him in my house is that he must pay his rent a day after his rent expire .and he have make it clear to me that he will not pay for the rent so he have no plan to pay for the house rent so i have no other option than to serve him Quit notice since his rent have expired since August.

Oga landlord. Paying rent a day after rent has expired? Have u ever been a tenant in someone's house before? Is that how u use to pay? Even in this present economic situation?

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2017
ebujany:

Oga landlord. Paying rent a day after rent has expired? Have u ever been a tenant in someone's house before? Is that how u use to pay? Even in this present economic situation?

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that

His rent have expired since on 2nd August which is about 4 to 5 months now the agreement which we signed said he have to renew his rent a day after his rent expire does not mean to me that he have to pay his rent by that time because if like i take the agreement serious i would have serve him Quit notice since August but i have never disturb him to pay for his rent just ending of last month November i

reminded him that his rent have expired since 2nd of August but he did not gave me good respond .Most of my tenants stay in my house like 3 to 5 months when their rent expire i never disturb any of them because i know they will pay. I am also a tenant in another state where i live even my landlord agreement said that i have to renew my rent a day before my rent is about to expire. when my

rent expire if i don't money i will not start to insult my landlord instead i will plead with him to give me time which he will understand i have lived in his house for the past 5 years i have never have problem with him. for the part you said the tenant is a trouble maker that what landlord like me deserved the only reason am taking everything slow is because of the law of the country if not i would have throw him out in the night and confiscate his properties until him pay me my money and he can't never do shitt .he should thank his God there's laws guiding the country .

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Realestatepro(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2017
This is how tenants behave especially in Lagos state.
Once they pay the first rent and it expires, to pay subsequent rents becomes a big problem.

They do this on purpose because the law is on their side.

Get a lawyer and take them to court, if they are on a yearly tenancy, that means you have to give them 6months quit notice.

19 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Lajet: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2017
Since his rent have expired the court will throw him out soon some tenants are not good to rent out house

7 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by excanny: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2017
PointZerom:

That 6 months notice is for paying tenants, not debtors. Its 7 days notice to pack out once your rent is over. Check Lagos Tenancy Law. Its called to recover your property from a defaulting tenant.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Lajet: 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
excanny:

That 6 months notice is for paying tenants, not debtors. Its 7 days notice to pack out once your rent is over. Check Lagos Tenancy Law. Its called to recover your property from a defaulting tenant.

You are correct

26 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mfm04622: 1:00am On Dec 15, 2017
PointZerom:

Not true! The moment a tenant's rent expires, you can serve him notice to vacate in 7 days! If he still has subsisting rent, then he need 6 months notice. Know that 6 months notice doesn't mean tenant won't pay rent again

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mfm04622: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2017
collinsmp:

His rent have expired since on 2nd August which is about 4 to 5 months now the agreement which we signed said he have to renew his rent a day after his rent expire does not mean to me that he have to pay his rent by that time because if like i take the agreement serious i would have serve him Quit notice since August but i have never disturb him to pay for his rent just ending of last month November i

reminded him that his rent have expired since 2nd of August but he did not gave me good respond .Most of my tenants stay in my house like 3 to 5 months when their rent expire i never disturb any of them because i know they will pay. I am also a tenant in another state where i live even my landlord agreement said that i have to renew my rent a day before my rent is about to expire. when my

rent expire if i don't money i will not start to insult my landlord instead i will plead with him to give me time which he will understand i have lived in his house for the past 5 years i have never have problem with him. for the part you said the tenant is a trouble maker that what landlord like me deserved the only reason am taking everything slow is because of the law of the country if not i would have throw him out in the night and confiscate his properties until him pay me my money and he can't never do shitt .he should thank his God there's laws guiding the country .

Go back to court and tell them he refused to leave. Ask court to provide bailiffs to evict him.

Please on no account should you use self help to evict him. Use the court process you have started. Remember you may also sue him to recover rent he owe for the time he spent without paying. After getting such judgement, if he doesn't pay, you can ask court to attach his properties.

17 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mfm04622: 1:06am On Dec 15, 2017
ebujany:

When is he expected to renew his rent if not a day after his rent expires? A month grace period? You can even see the landlord didn't disturb him. Hmm. Tenants are wicked ooooo

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by collinsmp: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
mfm04622:

Go back to court and tell them he refused to leave. Ask court to provide bailiffs to evict him.

Please on no account should you use self help to evict him. Use the court process you have started. Remember you may also sue him to recover rent he owe for the time he spent without paying. After getting such judgement, if he doesn't pay, you can ask court to attach his properties.

I will do that on Monday but do i need a lawyer to do that or i can do that by myself without a lawyer help

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by mfm04622: 4:33am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

I will do that on Monday but do i need a lawyer to do that or i can do that by myself without a lawyer help

To request for bailiffs, you can do that yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by stevezuks: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2017
Some tennats self. They will just move into your house and start behaving like landlord.

what are you waiting for? Visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get high quality, neatly written to APA standard (or any standard of your choice)project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

Hire our researchers to write your undergraduate final year research project. Custom and Plagiarism free
With money back guarantee. Visit us now
https://RunMyResearch.com

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by designVATExcel: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2017
Hmm tenant wahala issue. I pity some landlord sha

5 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by BornAgainMay: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2017
You don buy market

It simply means that Tenant has become landlord and Landlord has become Tenant.

God is a great God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by aariwa(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
Since you don't want to contact a lawyer.Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen. The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises.I hope you learnt something today from this.Goodluck

92 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Airforce1(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
Telling him to pay rent a day after his rent expired is pure wickedness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
collinsmp:

Somebody told me this morning that i need to go back to court the need to serve him another 7 days final warning before they court have to take action. is that true?

After the seven days warning, you will go to court if he refuses to pack. Once you win the verdict, you can get police to evict him forcefully

7 Likes

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by 6UEE: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2017
ebujany:

At this your age your mates are thinking of how to build their own house and not forming solidarity with never do well tenants like yourself.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by tstx(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2017
Ask urself... What would Jesus do....
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by MASTERCC: 7:22am On Dec 16, 2017
If he's yearly Tennant .not 7days you will give him.7days will come after 1yr notice given to him.but that 1yr will be sequence .ok
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by swithaven: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2017
grin grin grin

As for your tenant, hes obviously a trouble maker and a landlord like u that will ask his tenant to renew His rent a day after his rent has expired deserves some one like that[/quote]
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by jericco1(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2017
oga this one na court case o
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Re: My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired by Biggers82(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Where do you stay if na Enugu I have a Lawyer that will eject him under 24 hours if your house is in Enugu or around you can call me on 08037364244 I can give you Ogbonge lawyer now
he is into Estate Management and he is managing properties for a lot of people and he knows the Job well

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Property On Fire At Lagos Island (Photos) / Construction Of 6bd contemporary Duplex/2bd Flat With 2mini Flat By Rotecch / The Making Of The "White Penthouse" In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.