Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead (25641 Views)

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group / Kidnappers Kill Samuel Wanjoku, Dead Body Found In A Forest In Ikwerre, Rivers / PDP Members Attacked In Ipo Omademe, Ikwerre Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by robosky02(m): 8:07am On Dec 14, 2017
Former Mayor of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area and leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro is dead.

His shocking demise was confirmed yesterday night by his media aide, Olalekan Ige, in a telephone conversation with newsmen last night
Wokekoro, a chieftain of APC and leader of its caucus in Port Harcourt City Council died yesterday of undisclosed circumstances.
The Tide gathered that Mr. Wokekoro, a former Major of Port Harcourt City, had suffered a medical condition for which he was treated overseas.

A close friend of the late politician, who was conversant with the medical condition, told The Tide that Wokekoro made complete recovery and had even made plans to travel to Abuja next Friday. “I was with him last Sunday and he was lively. He even had arranged to travel to Abuja this weekend. I was shocked when a call came in earlier today that he was dead”, the source told The Tide.

At the time of this report, his corpse had been deposited in a mortuary in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.
Wokekoro, who was at a time the Sole Administrator, Rivers State Waste Management Agency, RIWAMA, is survived by a son who is doing the mandatory one year national service in Abuja.

Tributes have been pouring in for the deceased former Mayor.

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2017/12/13/ex-ph-city-mayor-nnamdi-wokekoro-is-dead/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by biacan(f): 8:09am On Dec 14, 2017
Rip

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by robosky02(m): 8:18am On Dec 14, 2017
Abe mourns Late Mayor of Port Harcourt, Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro

The Senator representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, has expressed shock over the demise of former Mayor of Port Harcourt, Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro.

Wokekoro, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) died on Tuesday from an unknown ailment at the Kesley Harrison Hospital, Mile One, Diobu, Port Harcourt.

The senator said he worked closely with the deceased, when he served as chairman of the then Rivers State Environmental Sanitation Authority, and described him as a hardworking and committed public servant.

Abe, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt by his Spokesperson, Parry Saroh Benson, said, “I received with great shock the news of the call to

eternal glory of my friend and brother Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro, aka Ikwerre 1”.

https://www.thenewsguru.com/abe-mourns-late-mayor-port-harcourt-chief-nnamdi-wokekoro/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Blizzy9ja: 8:30am On Dec 14, 2017
So sad... Ph big boy

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by MrIrohKenedy: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2017
Morocco mmaduka sang his name in his music Ochubaku
Rip mayor

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by franozx: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2017
RIP mayor
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by LessNoise: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2017
We have mayors in Nigeria Good development RIP sir
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by pauljumbo: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Vanity upon vanity
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by osazeeblue01: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Good night sir.
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
RIP Port Harcourt Son

NB: The pics attached is Senator Magnus Abe. Remove it!
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by BruncleZuma: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2017
sad sad sad sad
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by dieBYfire: 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
Ok grin
Safe journey to Hell grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by NwaAmaikpe: 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
shocked

One less clueless corrupt politician to worry about.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by tayo4ng(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
RIP
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
dieBYfire:
Ok grin
Safe journey to Hell grin

The guy is a renowned gay. Fvcks any ass he likes

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by obaataaokpaewu: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
singing Duncan Mighty's "Ofor na Ogu"
Ikwerre1 cry cry cry cry cry Rip

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by iswallker(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2017
shocked

Why is he carrying a weapon under that jacket..

Is he a militant...
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by brainpower(m): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
He is truly a great Ikwerre son.
He was more popular when rivers state was still under one party.

Though I heard he's g*y.
Can't confirm that anyway. RIP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by SalamRushdie: 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
Is Mayor of PH another name Local govt chairman
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Rip.
Quit a popular man.

Ikwerre maka ooo

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by MrsEvakinqz(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
pauljumbo:
Vanity upon vanity
real vanity he had so many houses and estate.. but not even a single child to inherit all dose properties.... indeed vanity upon vanity it is..
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by nizelgirl(f): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hmmm what a life. He was living as if his a god, chasing away almost everyone around his environment including churches away with money, buying and closing down people's shops and houses in Rumukalagbor as if he was going to live to ever. in fact I wonder what will happen to all those houses in RumuKalagbor PH cos I trust Ikwerre people they will soon go back to claim them. Anyways politicians it's their way of life.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Sunsets: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
robosky02:
Former Mayor of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area and leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro is dead.

His shocking demise was confirmed yesterday night by his media aide, Olalekan Ige, in a telephone conversation with newsmen last night
Wokekoro, a chieftain of APC and leader of its caucus in Port Harcourt City Council died yesterday of undisclosed circumstances.
The Tide gathered that Mr. Wokekoro, a former Major of Port Harcourt City, had suffered a medical condition for which he was treated overseas.

A close friend of the late politician, who was conversant with the medical condition, told The Tide that Wokekoro made complete recovery and had even made plans to travel to Abuja next Friday. “I was with him last Sunday and he was lively. He even had arranged to travel to Abuja this weekend. I was shocked when a call came in earlier today that he was dead”, the source told The Tide.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]At the time of this report, his corpse had been deposited in a mortuary in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.
Wokekoro, who was at a time the Sole Administrator, Rivers State Waste Management Agency, RIWAMA, is survived by a son who is doing the mandatory one year national service in Abuja.
FALSE[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

Tributes have been pouring in for the deceased former Mayor.

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2017/12/13/ex-ph-city-mayor-nnamdi-wokekoro-is-dead/
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by hatchy(f): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
RIP Boss!

Your time has come,so shall ours come too even though we no not the hour or day.

Bye!
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by YelloweWest: 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2017
divicode:

The guy is a renowned gay. Fvcks any ass he likes
He is dead now nah...
Show some respect.
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by YelloweWest: 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2017
MrsEvakinqz:
real vanity he had so many houses and estate.. but not even a single child to inherit all dose properties.... indeed vanity upon vanity it is..
He has a son currently doing nysc

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by bedspread: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
HIS CASE HAS BEEN CLOSED ON EARTH.....

HE IS GONE TO REPORT TO HIS CREATOR TO KNOW HIS NEXT MOVEMENT.... IN SHORT BY NOW HE KNOWS...... I JUST HOPE HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO JESUS BEFORE DEATH....

IF HE DIDNT THATS GOBE!!!

LET THE LIVING ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST... THE NEXT HOUR MIGHT BE LATE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by HomeOfMe(f): 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
robosky02:
Abe mourns Late Mayor of Port Harcourt, Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro

The Senator representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, has expressed shock over the demise of former Mayor of Port Harcourt, Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro.

Wokekoro, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) died on Tuesday from an unknown ailment at the Kesley Harrison Hospital, Mile One, Diobu, Port Harcourt.

The senator said he worked closely with the deceased, when he served as chairman of the then Rivers State Environmental Sanitation Authority, and described him as a hardworking and committed public servant.

Abe, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt by his Spokesperson, Parry Saroh Benson, said, “I received with great shock the news of the call to

eternal glory of my friend and brother Chief Nnamdi Wokekoro, aka Ikwerre 1”.

https://www.thenewsguru.com/abe-mourns-late-mayor-port-harcourt-chief-nnamdi-wokekoro/
This one that almost everyone said he's g*y,then no need to ask what killed him;they said he died of an indisclosed illness.
Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
bedspread:
HIS CASE HAS BEEN CLOSED ON EARTH.....

HE IS GONE TO REPORT TO HIS CREATOR TO KNOW HIS NEXT MOVEMENT.... IN SHORT BY NOW HE KNOWS...... I JUST HOPE HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO JESUS BEFORE DEATH....

IF HE DIDNT THATS GOBE!!!

LET THE LIVING ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST... THE NEXT HOUR MIGHT BE LATE

How bout the Hindus and Buddhist?

Who will they accept?

Supremacy of each individual religion.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by bedspread: 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

How bout the Hindus and Buddhist?

Who will they accept?

Supremacy of each individual religion.
WHETHER CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, Hindu, Hindus, Pagan, Herbalist, ifa, Whatever you are..... ACCEPTING AND BELIEVING JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO A GLORIOUS ETERNITY...... NO OTHER

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
bedspread:
WHETHER CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM, Hindu, Hindus, Pagan, Herbalist, ifa, Whatever you are..... ACCEPTING AND BELIEVING JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO A GLORIOUS ETERNITY...... NO OTHER

Assuming you were born in the north you would have been screaming allah is the true God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike: Consultations With Atiku, Tinubu, OBJ, Obi Are In Nigeria’s Interest / Oba Of Benin: I've Met Old, Middle Aged And Young Obidients. They Are Everywhere / 'I AM BACK!', Says Governor Umahi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.