Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab (41716 Views)

Woman & Lawyer Dad Recreate Childhood Picture With Dad After She's Called To Bar / Young Lady Celebrates Her Barrister Father After Being Called To Bar. Photos / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by beautyhd: 8:04am On Dec 15, 2017
I hate it when people put religion in official matters and then play the victim later.
There are laid down rules in every organisation and if it doesn't suit you then you walk away.

If everyone dresses according to their beliefs you will see pastors with collars, Rev fathers in their attires, even masquerades.
Muslims always breaking the rules from time immemorial

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by encrypt(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2017
I think people like to get unnecessarily sentimental.
A. You're not the only Muslim lady called to bar
B. The wig covers your head so it's not like you're asked to expose your hair
C. If you know the nature of the profession conflicts with your beliefs why go into it?

7 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Zaikon(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2017
sanandreas:

Are you telling me uve not seen law students at their faculty. Please try and pay a visit to their faculty.
Thanks I will try
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Daeylar(f): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2017
beautyhd:
I hate it when people put religion in official matters and then play the victim later.
There are laid down rules in every organisation and if it doesn't suit you then you walk away.

If everyone dresses according to their beliefs you will see pastors with collars, Rev fathers in their attires, even masquerades.
Muslims always breaking the rules from time immemorial

Lol, true.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Ragnorak: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2017
Sometimes sha some people sabi do oversabi. I don't want to be tribalistic but I'm surprised that it's not the Hausa Fulani that you all love to call fanatics that are doing this.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by zicoraads: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2017
encrypt:
I think people like to get unnecessarily sentimental.
A. You're not the only Muslim last called to bar
B. The wig covers your head so it's not like you're asked to expose your haur
C. If you know the nature of the profession conflicts with your beliefs why go into it?
OP, come and answer these posers, please.

Nonsense and ingredients!
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by stoic6ix: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

It seems you don’t know muslims. They were hijab to our courts already so why should the girl be denied call because of hijab?

The message is a ruse, I repeat.

I am a Lawyer and a Muslim but sincerely speaking this is a profession with laid down ethics and etiquette.. it's not by force to be a Lawyer, so if it's against your beliefs then abstain from it. After all, no one forced her to study law

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by godofuck231: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2017
post=63274039:
A Muslim lady was denied being called to the Nigerian bar for wearing a Hijab!

Here’s what fellow lawyer @savvy_ruqqy wrote;

Good morning everyone,
I want to use this medium to express my dissatisfaction with the way muslims are treated in this my profession called ‘LAW’. A sister wasn’t called to the bar because she was dressed like that (Picture above) please for God sake what is wrong with that picture? Because she was putting on a small hijab tucked into her collarette, WHY?
What has Hijab done to them?
Where is our freedom of Religion as stated in the constitution?
We need justice…For those that don’t know, Hijab is a MANDATORY part of my religion not just a piece of clothing, so if my freedom of religion is said to have been guaranteed in section 38 of the constitution of my country that is said to be supreme and have have binding force over all as seen in section 1 of this same constitution and Section 42 of this same constitution guarantees my right to freedom from discrimination, please for God sake what is this then and before you come here attack me, please read section 38 (1) and section 1 (1) first and also go ahead to read S1 (3) of this same constitution with an unbiased mind where it is said that if any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution this constitution shall prevail…B’iko what are we now talking about?
Please we want justice.
We want our hijab
we want #JusticeForFirdaus
We want to wear our hijabs for call to bar
we want to wear it in the court room.
Stop the discrimination
We are muslims not terrorists
Hijab is Mandatory
We want Justice for Firdaus

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-muslim-lady-denied-being-called.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

The fool should know that the law is blind to sentiments,everyone is neutral

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by GodwinsO(m): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2017
I know they will start killing Igbos because of this...

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by nawtyme: 8:13am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

You are a lost soul. Bye
I can't be a lost soul brother. I have found peace, perfect peace in Jesus Christ.
He would never ask me to cut off someone's head to prove my love for him. Rather he says I should love my enemies and pray for those who wrong me.
He would never ask me to stone an adulterer like Mohammed commands but he would forgive her and ask her to sin no more.
He would never ask me to chop off the hands of someone who steals but rather provide for them to eat.
Rather than put little children in a family way as your prophet did, he said "let the little ones come onto me for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

So my brother, you should rather seek peace. And perfect peace comes only and only from Jesus Christ.
He was so peaceful that he never went to war. So I rather follow him than someone who lost his tooth in battle, took women an children as war bounty, asked his men to rape captured women, took a 6 year old girl as a wife, and died in war.

13 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by stoic6ix: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2017
I am utterly disappointed in this brother.. posts like this cause segregation and disunity
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by JamesReacher(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

Islam is the most peaceful religion on earth. Forget western propaganda against Muslims
Are you fooling yourself? The most peaceful religion is Buddhism. No western propaganda here at all, facts are all over.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by donkaz2(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
If the rule is no hijab under the wig then she should know that and comply or better still switch to sharia law if she wants to keep her hijab on simple

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

It seems you don’t know muslims. They were hijab to our courts already so why should the girl be denied call because of hijab?

The message is a ruse, I repeat.

You're probably right. Especially as there are law schools in lagos Abuja and the East. If it was in the east, I would say it is possible. Those fellows are as intolerant as northerners.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by nengibo01: 8:23am On Dec 15, 2017
Victim mentality they just had to bring religion into this

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by DaBillionnaire: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2017
I believe that half of those who control half of the nation's affairs are Muslims.

Pls, are there any rules that say freedom of religion is not allowed in law schoool or during call to bar?

And our Muslim politicians, what's their function in protecting the citizens upon their rights.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Nairalanddist: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2017
nawtyme:

I can't be a lost soul brother. I have found peace, perfect peace in Jesus Christ.
He would never ask me to cut off someone's head to prove my love for him. Rather he says I should love my enemies and pray for those who wrong me.
He would never ask me to stone an adulterer like Mohammed commands but he would forgive her and ask her to sin no more.
He would never ask me to chop off the hands of someone who steals but rather provide for them to eat.
Rather than put little children in a family way as your prophet did, he said "let the little ones come onto me for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

So my brother, you should rather seek peace. And perfect peace comes only and only from Jesus Christ.
He was so peaceful that he never went to war. So I rather follow him than someone who lost his tooth in battle, took women an children as war bounty, asked his men to rape captured women, took a 6 year old girl as a wife, and died in war.

Lies upon lies. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? He committed the greatest mass murder in the world. Steven paddock that shot people recently in the USA was a Christian. Jesus Christ did not preach peace, Islam did. The west are only trying to dent image of Muslims.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Amberon11: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2017
cheesy grin grin grin
booqee:
This is a big fat lie. These Muslims just want attention and want to use it to cause tension or terrorism...I believe.

I've seen many hijab wearing Muslims practicing the law profession. I even have a muslim secondary school mate who was called to the bar and she posted the pics on Facebook..and i couldn't help but notice that most of her lawyer friends were also all on hijab looking happy in their gowns and wigs. So what is this jihadist saying?
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by bakynes(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2017
Some Muslims are trouble makers, the Law we practise here was given to us by the British.

If the profession ethics say no Hijab why practise Western type of law in the first place when you know you cannot bend to the rule better she go and practise Sharia law.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by jektony(m): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Are you a fresh Graduate, Intern, Experienced person? That dream job you're looking for is 1-click away than you think, for breaking Jobs, follow us on instagram @hotnigerianjobs
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by raquel23(f): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

Why do u hate Islam
this isn’t about hate. There are rules, she should have simply followed them. A few hours wouldn’t kill her now, would it?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by top4: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2017
I see no reason why some of you people are just so fanatical and wicked anytime you hear anything about Islam. What is wrong in using hijab? the noble man you people are Critizising has said the the truth even quoted the constitution. You may go to hell if you are not OK with his view.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by thunder74(m): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2017
During our time, hijab was not the only dress banned, all ladies must remove their braids, weaveon, wigs, attachments and loose their plaited hairs and come in with their natural hair. One of my friends was not allowed into the call room because her skirt was short.

The Marshall at the entrance must inspect you and be satisfied that you are fit and proper person before you are allowed in.

You must not come late and once the door is closed before your arrival, forget call for the day or the year self.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by ibabz(m): 8:41am On Dec 15, 2017
I don't get it, is it Nigerian Bar or Islamic bar? You can wear whatever you like to your ismalic bar but as far as Nigerian Bar is concerned, there’s dressing code you must comply with. If everybody is allowed to dress anyhow, the I can put on my Sango apron because my religion must be allowed. Nonsense upon injury

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by BenzEne1(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

Lies upon lies. Was Adolf Hitler a muslim? He committed the greatest mass murder in the world. Steven paddock that shot people recently in the USA was a Christian. Jesus Christ did not preach peace, Islam did. The west are only trying to dent image of Muslims.

Well to.this case tho. I think she knew what she was getting into beforehand. She should have made her protests earlier and once denied switched to something more acceptable. However those chanting praises for muslims who throw their hijabs away or shave off their beards just to be accepted are totally wrong. This life isn't our final.place. Allah doesnt listen to funny excuses like; I was trying to look presentable due to.my job ethics. So if you can't throw away your hijab. Leave the profession for them.

Brother I was just going to say that. All these ; muslims are violent yarn is just annoying. Christians are pepetrators of genocides as much also. Hitler born and baptized in a catholic setting went ahead to send 6 million people to their graves. America invaded Afghanistan and Iraq on the bases of stoping them from acquiring nuclear weapons when the same America is sated with nuclear weapons.

Or is it the Palestinians who have been constantly persecuted and killed by the US backed Israel. Of course the same people have termed those they persecute terrorist. And our dear nigerians just nod.their head since its anti islam. But when fanatics like boko haram strikes, muslims worldwide are blamed and Islam is castigated.

Hypocrisy rules the mind of the average xtian on issues based on Islam. So you would find it a lot easier to draw water from a mirage than explain the deen to them. So just don't bother with them. They would never listen nor learn

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by zoedew: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2017
This post just validates the position that Islam takes no prisoners! Islam dictates for everything you do and the government you submit to be Sharia based and or compliant. That necessarily implies a Caliphate system of government i.e. an Islamic State. In an Islamic State there is no freedom of worship, speech, movement, association and innovation. Muslims who live in a secular or multi religious society Nigeria portends to be should be tolerant of and situate themselves within the scenario. An option is to migrate to countries that are Islamic. It is discriminatory to non-Muslims who put up with the Muezzin five times a day to insist on the hijab everywhere.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by JamesReacher(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

You are ignorant on this issue saying Jesus didnt preach peace and you call yourself a muslim . Prophet Yisa didnt preach peace?? Smh Hitlers killings or steven paddock killings weren't motivated on religion. He was just a mad dog but we have Boko haram killing people reciting the scriptures. Face facts

7 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by Pataricatering(f): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2017
How exactly are Muslims enjoying under Bihari ?
Alcatraz005:

The message even a ruse! Who would ban a Muslim from being called to bar under Buhari?

The Muslims are firmly in control for now so I don’t see the possibility of this happening. This is another ploy to inflame tension and sentiment amongst our Muslim population. Soon MURIC will start threatening everybody by writing meaningless articles.

All Nigerians should ignore this rubbish message meant to rile some people up.
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by sogud(m): 8:49am On Dec 15, 2017
post=63274039:
A Muslim lady was denied being called to the Nigerian bar for wearing a Hijab!

Here’s what fellow lawyer @savvy_ruqqy wrote;

Good morning everyone,
I want to use this medium to express my dissatisfaction with the way muslims are treated in this my profession called ‘LAW’. A sister wasn’t called to the bar because she was dressed like that (Picture above) please for God sake what is wrong with that picture? Because she was putting on a small hijab tucked into her collarette, WHY?
What has Hijab done to them?
Where is our freedom of Religion as stated in the constitution?
We need justice…For those that don’t know, Hijab is a MANDATORY part of my religion not just a piece of clothing, so if my freedom of religion is said to have been guaranteed in section 38 of the constitution of my country that is said to be supreme and have have binding force over all as seen in section 1 of this same constitution and Section 42 of this same constitution guarantees my right to freedom from discrimination, please for God sake what is this then and before you come here attack me, please read section 38 (1) and section 1 (1) first and also go ahead to read S1 (3) of this same constitution with an unbiased mind where it is said that if any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this constitution this constitution shall prevail…B’iko what are we now talking about?
Please we want justice.
We want our hijab
we want #JusticeForFirdaus
We want to wear our hijabs for call to bar
we want to wear it in the court room.
Stop the discrimination
We are muslims not terrorists
Hijab is Mandatory
We want Justice for Firdaus

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-muslim-lady-denied-being-called.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

u wnt ur hijab ...u n carry it na
Re: PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab by baddosky1: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Nairalanddist:

Why do u hate Islam

Who loves bombing and maiming?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Top 14 Nigerian Innovators To Watch Out For.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.