Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 PM

Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (138674 Views)

Manila Skyline, Philippines / African City Skyline Pictures / Abuja Skyline: Day And Night-time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by GNature(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2007
alright dblock

You have won the championship title on this thread cheesy
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2007
Where's this?
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2007
Another shot

And.

CloseUp (Now I know where this is) It's at Victoria Island to the west of the skyline)
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2007
Thats on Ahmadu Bello way.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2007
9ja4eva:

Thats on Ahmadu Bello way.

Thanks wink

Lagos Island Pictures(2007)[i][/i]

Third Mainland Bridge

Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 3:37am On Mar 27, 2007
Dt 3rd mainland bridge dey fear me oh.Hope dey work on it soon.9ja is fine oh for real.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 9:55am On Mar 28, 2007
Lagos long time ago cheesy
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2007
Marina shey?
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by malaika(f): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2007
::
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by deathadder(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2007
Lagos is a dump! these pictures dont show anything! they are lies! the lagos i know is polluted and full of poverty!

Dont lie about where you're from, shw your posh new friends the real lagos! Whats wrong? you scared they'll not like you no more! shocked
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by Imani(f): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2007
deathadder:

Lagos is a dump! these pictures don't show anything! they are lies! the lagos i know is polluted and full of poverty!

Dont lie about where you're from, shw your posh new friends the real lagos! Whats wrong? you scared they'll not like you no more! shocked

Haba!

While Lagos Mainland can be an eyesore sometimes, The Island is still a nice part of the city. The main problem with Lagos is overpopulation.

I think the pictures are quite a positive representation of Lagos Island.

I am tired of the constant negative portrayal of Africa by the western media. Anytime i am on the BBC reading something about Nigeria, the images i see are really so negative and it makes me very angry. Sometimes, it is hard to believe it was the same Lagos i grew up in that they are representing like that. I have NEVER seen any nice pictures of Lagos on the BBC. They always portray nigerians as poor, suffering and helpless people. Is that the image you want?

It is up to we Africans to portray our continent in a positive light rather than accept what others especially the western media think of us.

Well done dblock! cheesy
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2007
Thanks @ Imani.
Yo Deathadder, that aint a lie. The skyline is simply commercial, as is the same for Luanda, Cairo, Nairobi, Dakar or Abidjan. There's no one to fool, it's not as if I imported the pics to photoshop or something. Lagos can be better and it probably will be in the future, but if you prefer the slums, I'm sure the government will leave a Squatter for you.
Poverty is not a disease nor is it a part of Nigeria. Poverty is just something that is around and in time it can be removed.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2007
Yep I'll post some more lies grin

Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by WesleyanA(f): 1:32am On Mar 31, 2007
Poverty is not a disease nor is it a part of Nigeria. Poverty is just something that is around and in time it can be removed.

this statement of yours is an extreme UNDERSTATEMENT. making poverty sound petty, sign of too much optimism.

I personally think this thread is done. Post more pics after new buildings are completed. Tired of seeing the same pics over and over again *from different angles* lol

or you can post pics of other stuff, like the last one with the guy and crafts. that's a cool pic.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 3:12am On Mar 31, 2007
Actually it isn't an understatement, poverty is easy. Poverty is the lack of money and resources. Give money and resources directly and through infrastructural developments, The poverty will be history. Humans have ruined this planet, we make things look hard when they aren't. There are more resources than their are people. what Nigeria needs to do is simply invest in the areas that really matter, develop all sectors that can be exploited, commence on surveys that can determne the amount of resources that is needed o be allocatedd. I laugh when people talk about things such as electricity, poverty etc as if they difficult problems. Nigeria's biggest problem isn't povery it is Ethinc Violence and Aids. I may be optimistic but you shouldn't be deluded into thinking that Nigeria is in such a state that it can't heal it's self. The reason why Poverty isn't decreasing as fast as it should is due to fact that a Lot of politcians are unwilling to tackle it. The money is there, bu they'd rather spend the money on cars on mansions. Like I said Poverty is not a disease. The effect that poverty has on people is more serious than poverty itself. The ways that people start to think, the things people start to say, the things they do out of desperation is more serious than Poverty itself.
Arise people, it doesn't have to be this way wink
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by WesleyanA(f): 7:35am On Mar 31, 2007
dblock:

Actually it isn't an understatement, poverty is easy. Poverty is the lack of money and resources. Give money and resources directly and through infrastructural developments, The poverty will be history. Humans have ruined this planet, we make things look hard when they aren't. There are more resources than their are people. what Nigeria needs to do is simply invest in the areas that really matter, develop all sectors that can be exploited, commence on surveys that can determne the amount of resources that is needed o be allocatedd. I laugh when people talk about things such as electricity, poverty etc as if they difficult problems. Nigeria's biggest problem isn't povery it is Ethinc Violence and Aids. I may be optimistic but you shouldn't be deluded into thinking that Nigeria is in such a state that it can't heal it's self. The reason why Poverty isn't decreasing as fast as it should is due to fact that a Lot of politcians are unwilling to tackle it. The money is there, bu they'd rather spend the money on cars on mansions. Like I said Poverty is not a disease. The effect that poverty has on people is more serious than poverty itself. The ways that people start to think, the things people start to say, the things they do out of desperation is more serious than Poverty itself.
Arise people, it doesn't have to be this way wink

yeah. I say we build an infrastructure (jobs, efficient transportation etc )and more importantly, lessen our dependency on the western countries.
govt should subsidize and encourage farming, local manufacture, creativity among the people rather than importing high priced finished products. and rather than exporting our raw products to the west for cheap.
I know this is hard to do but that's why we have to learn to rely on ourselves. we should strenghten OAU and ECOWAS and trade among ourselves. Rather than doing "follow follow" and always having the west as the model for all things we do (including how we build our skyline j/k). They are only looking out for their own best interests and trying to keep the status quo despite their ostensible aims to "help" poor nations.

I disagree with the part of your quote in bold though. poverty definitely triumphs those problems. if there was no poverty in the first place, HIV won't be a rampant virus. there will also be less violence.

I definitely agree with the infrastructure part

The money is there, bu they'd rather spend the money on cars on mansions.

no. the money always end up back in foreign accounts,
there will be millions of vacant cars and mansions in Nigeria if what is quoted were true.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 6:57am On Apr 01, 2007
@dblock

Good job.Maybe we shld send some to CNN n co.Well done jare.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by arike77: 7:34am On Apr 01, 2007
I was in nigeria in December and enjoyed Lagos.   

I Loved:
the palms
Silverbird
VI
Abuja
Terra Kulture in VI

Was impressed with the completed   AJOSE street in  VI, Globacom and Zenith headquarters.

Isn't it funny that for all the money MTN and now CEITEL have made in the country, how have they contributed to the Lagos  Skyline?

Bar beach was only partially constructed at the time ( half of the place was pristine and half had hoodlums living on the beach).

The Lagos government need to work on those buildings lining bar beach.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 11:28am On Apr 01, 2007
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:31am On Apr 02, 2007
Federal Palace

Is that d building near Silverbird?(As in d tall building)
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2007
Are you talking about the first, 2nd or third pic?
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2007
2nd.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2007
the building in the foreground or the building in the background
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2007
Background.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2007
That's the Atlantic Royal Gardens Building. it's a 13 story edifice that was manged by ACCL
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2007
Oh okay.It shld be around Silverbird den cos i cn site Federal Palace.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2007
Do you know anything about the building in the foreground though?
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2007
Yeah its a bank.I tink Union Bank.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2007
Speaking of Union Bank, here's another pic of Nigeria's most prominent Tower
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2007
Yeah dts in Marina.Dey r nt doing dt good anymore.
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by dblock(m): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2007
Most of those buildings were built in the 70s and early 80s when Oil was raining from the sky.
Nigeria has around the same amount of money ow, but they are more wie on how to spend funds
Re: Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) by 9ja4eva: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2007
LOL.

Dts true.Anyhow catch u later gat to go to bed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) / Life In The Usa As A Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.