Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers (1725 Views)

Court Restrains El-Rufai From Demolishing Abacha's Hotel In Kaduna / Court Stops El-Rufai From Licensing Pastors, Imams In Kaduna / Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Ebullience(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
Kaduna Division of the The National Industrial Court of Nigeria, on Thursday ordered Kaduna State government to stop the planned sack of 21,780 primary school teachers who failed competency test, pending court injunction.

The teachers had in October dragged the government before the industrial court asking the court to restrain the government from dismissing or disengaging any teacher on the basis of the test conducted in June 2017.

The teachers’ counsel Samuel Atum, had equally filed a motion of “interlocutory injunction”, seeking stay of action pending the outcome of the case.

Meanwhile, Justice Lawal Mani granted the application pending the determination of the substantive suit and adjourned the case to February 6th, 2018.

Speaking with newsmen shortly after the court session, the plaintiff’s counsel lauded the court for graciously granting their prayers.

He said, “I have confidence that the government will comply and obey this order. This is democracy and the premise of democracy is the rule of law, so we expect nothing more than absolute submission by the state government to comply with the order of the court,”.

Lawyers representing the State Attorney General and the State Government, as well as Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, TRCN, declined comments.

Meanwhile, hundreds of Teachers present at the court were seen jubilating and congratulating themselves over the court injunction.

The planned sack of the 21,780 primary school teachers who failed the competency test had generated a lot of heat in the state, even though the state government had earlier vowed that it will not rescind its decision, as it claimed it was taking the best decision in the interest of the future of the primary school pupils.

http://thenationonlineng.net/court-stops-el-rufai-from-sacking-kaduna-teachers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by giftedshantel(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
You can't be serious, Teachers who could not answer primary school questions! Na wow ooo!

1 Like

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Isokowadoo: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
Very Good
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by maskamdo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
SHORT MAN DEVIL...

AKA.....

SMD........
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by abduljabbar4(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
giftedshantel:
You can't be serious, Teachers who could not answer primary school questions! Na wow ooo!

Who is the commissioner of finance in your state?

when is childrens day?

when is democracy day?

what is the date of Teacher's day?

what is the full name of the deputy governor of your state?

If you cannot answer these then it means that you would have failed the exam if you had sat for itcheesy

El rufa'i is not serious.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2017
U see why this country is so messed up? Those teachers should be ashamed of themselves... Rubbish grin angry angry
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

when is childrens day?

when is democracy day?

If you cannot answer these then it means that you would have failed the exam if you had sat for itcheesy

U again? grin u must be a teacher from Kaduna.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by abduljabbar4(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
U again? grin u must be a teacher from Kaduna.

Lol. I am a millionaire (in hard currency) farmer in the Making Insha Allah but being a secondary school teacher isnt a bad idea with all those fine girls im seeingcheesy

I miss my NYSC dayscheesy
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Lol. I am a millionaire (in hard currency) farmer in the Making Insha Allah but being a secondary school teacher isnt a bad idea with all those fine girls im seeingcheesy

I miss my NYSC dayscheesy
What part of Northern Nigeria are u in? I heard abt gold mining in some northern States,but I don't know which one. I would love to go into gold business mining or any business/goods I can buy cheap in d North n make gd profit down south. Pls do u have any ideal on d kind of business I should venture into?
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Flexherbal(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
Dem dey obey court order , again!
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by abduljabbar4(m): 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
What part of Northern Nigeria are u in? I heard abt gold mining in some northern States,but I don't know which one. I would love to go into gold business mining or any business/goods I can buy cheap in d North n make gd profit down south. Pls do u have any ideal on d kind of business I should venture into?

FOODSTUFFS

We sell many food items to Igbo people and they make crazy profits when they take them back to the South. Agricultural products are a lot cheaper here compared to the south but i dont think i know anything about mining here.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

FOODSTUFFS

We sell many food items to Igbo people and they make crazy profits when they take them back to the South. Agricultural products are a lot cheaper here compared to the south but i dont think i know anything about mining here.
yeah I know...pls what kind of food stuff are we talking abt?
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by abduljabbar4(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
Running204:
yeah I know...pls what kind of food stuff are we talking abt?

Most vegetables and beef/cattle( im not into livestock though)
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by OfficialAwol(m): 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2017
Inasmuch as I hate the #Recessionists, this singular act of Elrufai should not be politicised nor frustrated lest we put the future of our kids in jeopardy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by OfficialAwol(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
abduljabbar4:

when is childrens day?

when is democracy day?

And these questions are so difficult?

why are you defending mediocrity?

Would you be here typing an intelligible thrash if such teachers had taught you?

Can we be rational and nationalistic for once
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by abduljabbar4(m): 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
OfficialAwol:

Would you be here typing an intelligible thrash if such teachers had taught you?

You should be ashamed of yourself. Im trying to point out how irrelevant the questions are and you are talking about difficulty. If the questions were good enough i would have been okay but questions like that show nothing about quality. The average person cares very little about the silly name of one commissioner in his state.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by OfficialAwol(m): 12:36am On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

You should be ashamed of yourself. Im trying to point out how irrelevant the questions are and you are talking about difficulty. If the questions were good enough i would have been okay but questions like that show nothing about quality. The average person cares very little about the silly name of one commissioner in his state.

So no need in teachers being current?

For Adam's sake, we're talking teachers here not market women.

Pls hide your face

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by AZeD1(m): 1:24am On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

They are not average people. It's their jobs to know.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by baralatie(m): 1:31am On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

when is childrens day?

when is democracy day?

lol
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Ikengawo: 1:34am On Dec 15, 2017
lol, fulani people can't govern but will get everyone killed to be in government

1 Like

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by anonimi: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Caseless: 6:55am On Dec 15, 2017
Haba
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by thesicilian: 7:02am On Dec 15, 2017
El Rufai may be a religious fanatic, but he's one of the best governors in Nigeria.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by eagleeye2: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Illiteracy go tey for that State.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by bkool7(m): 7:37am On Dec 15, 2017
OfficialAwol:

If these are the major questions, then they were intensionally put there for a purpose - to reduce the scores .

Non of the above question is relevant to determining how competent a teacher is .
I am not pervy to the actual questions and I am not a teacher in Kaduna, put frankly speaking, I can only answer two of these questions .
And I have never been asked any of these questions in an interview before
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by bkool7(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2017
AZeD1:

They are not average people. It's their jobs to know.
It's the teacher's job to have a vast knowledge of the subject he teaches and the best method to teach it.
What has that got to do with a Commissioner's name ?
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by Bari22: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Elrufa'i I know will still go ahead with his plan
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by lastempero: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2017
There should be a gradual disengagement of those teachers considering the economic implication of sacking 22000 workers in a state.
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by nawtyme: 8:02am On Dec 15, 2017
I dislike El Rufai, but if these teachers are left to continue, the future of the kids they tutor would be at stake. I would advise him to start with those who employed the unqualified teachers first. It will serve as a deterant to others in the recruitment process
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by OfficialAwol(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2017
bkool7:

If these are the major questions, then they were intensionally put there for a purpose - to reduce the scores .

Non of the above question is relevant to determining how competent a teacher is .
I am not pervy to the actual questions and I am not a teacher in Kaduna, put frankly speaking, I can only answer two of these questions .
And I have never been asked any of these questions in an interview before

But currency should be one of the qualities of a teacher. Shouldn't it?
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by abduljabbar4(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2017
OfficialAwol:

So no need in teachers being current?

For Adam's sake, we're talking teachers here not market women.

Pls hide your face

You must be related to elrufai for you to be typing this nonsense. So not knowing those means that one is not qualified to teach primary students? Are you for real
Re: Court Stops El-rufai From Sacking Kaduna Teachers by OfficialAwol(m): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

You must be related to elrufai for you to be typing this nonsense. So not knowing those means that one is not qualified to teach primary students? Are you for real

If the teacher is not current, how can he teach the pupils currency?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Named A Lifeless President On Wikipedia / Osun Rerun:security Forces Attack And Brutalise PDP Agent In Osogbo(photos) / APC Duped Labour Because Of Prince Charles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.