Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers (540 Views)

President Buhari Inaugurates Industrial Court New Building (Photos) / Just In: AGF Files 4 Processes In Industrial Court / Osinbajo Approves 19 Judges For National Industrial Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by mzirawo: 4:13am On Dec 15, 2017
INDUSTRIAL COURT HALTS SACK OF OVER 20,000 KADUNA TEACHERS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/12/industrial-court-halts-sack-of-over.html

The National Industrial Court of Nigeria in the Kaduna judicial division, yesterday, granted an order of interlocutory injunction restraining Kaduna State governor , Nasiru el-Rufai, from the planned sack of 21,780 primary school teachers who reportedly failed a competency test meant for primary four pupils.
Dakun Rindi Esq and Augustina Joshua (Miss) Esq had, on October 30, 2017, filed a motion of notice brought pursuant to order 17 rule 1(1)to (9) and order 22 rule 1 and 2 of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria (civil procedure) rules, 2017 and the inherent powers and sanctions of the honourable court as conferred by section 6(6)a 1999 constitution (as amended) in a suit number NICN/KD/53/2017 on behalf of the Nigeria Union of Teachers and Comrade Audu Titus Amba (suing on behalf of primary school teachers in the public schools of Kaduna State) against the Governor of Kaduna State, Attorney general of Kaduna State and Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria.
The suit sought an order of interlocutory injunction restraining the governor of Kaduna State and the Attorney general of the state whether acting by themselves, their officers, servants, agents and privies whosoever and howsoever otherwise from dismissing, terminating or in any manner whatsoever disengaging any primary teacher in the public schools of Kaduna State from his employment on the grounds of having failed a competency test conducted at the instance of the Kaduna State government pending the hearing and determination of the substantive originating summons.
Justice Lawal Mani granted the application pending the determination of the substantive suit and adjourned to February 6, 2018.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, Speaking to newsmen shortly after the adjournment, counsel who stood in for the teachers Sunday Atum Esq commended the court for granting the order.

Re: Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by Fxmanager(m): 4:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Okay.
Re: Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by python1: 4:55am On Dec 15, 2017
You mean the court halts the sacking of illiterates being paid teachers' salaries? We are in serious trouble in this country. Okay o.
Re: Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by xgada(m): 5:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Who employed them in the first place?
I think those that employ the unfits should be probed. But I can tell you, do this competency test in other sector, millions more will fail. Country where everything is who you sabi, my brother, my tribe, our son, our turn...I'm not surprised.
Re: Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by unohbethel(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2017
my question is how can u sack 20,000 teachers at once? y not atleast sack 1000 in months?
no wonder the governor is refered to as 'hell rufai"
Re: Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by Ballmer: 5:45am On Dec 15, 2017
The court should pay their salary too now. I do not see a problem once that is taken care of.
Re: Industrial Court Halts Sack Of Over 20,000 Kaduna Teachers by Mynd44: 6:25am On Dec 15, 2017

(1)

See How President Muhammadu Buhari's 74th Birthday Cake Look Like (PHOTO) / Buhari's Speech: A Boring Litany Of Buck Passing And Lame Declarations - PDP / Yet Another BMC Was Taken To The Cleaner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.