Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Help Ayomide Hear - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Ayomide Hear (282 Views)

Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You / CORONAVIRUS: Hear What This White Man Says About Nigerians Attitudes. / Help Ayomide Hear With Cochlear Implant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Ayomide Hear by waleanis: 4:51am On Dec 15, 2017
Dear friends and family,

https://www.gofundme.com/lets-help-ayomide-to-hear

I write to humbly solicit your financial support for my son, Ayomide ANIFOWOSE. He is six (6) years old and has been diagnosed with Severe to Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss since age two.

MEDICAL HISTORY/REPORT
Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry:
Air and bone conduction auditory brainstem response (ABR) waveforms were abnormal and waves I, III & V were absent even at high intensity levels bilaterally.

Otoacoustic Emission, Impedance And Stapedial Muscle Reflexes
No transient evoked or distortion product otoacoustic emissions in either ear. Tympa- nometry showed restricted middle ear compliance while the pressure was recorded within normal limits. Acoustic reflexes were absent bilaterally.

Pure Tone Audiometry
Sound field testing recorded moderate-to-severe hearing loss from 65 dB at 250 Hz to 95 dB at 2 KHz.

Recomendation
The chirp air conduction ABR and the click conduction ABR are indicative of bilateral severe-to-profound hearing loss. Haven used hearing aids for some time; cochlear implant remains the ultimate option for the profound high frequency loss.

Financial Support
For Ayomide to hear, it will requires that he undergoes an operation to have the Bilateral Cochlear Implant inserted to enable him hear and subsequently achieve speech. The consultant doctor has advised that this procedure must be carried out because age is not by his side as early intervention is very important.

The cost of the operation is between 6 – 7 Million Naira (about 20,000 US Dollars). This sum is too huge for me family to raise. We would appreciate every penny you can give as your little drops will make an ocean for our son.

My family would be grateful if you would assist us financially towards achieving this.

Kindly help vibrant Ayomide be the best he can be in life.

The scanned copies of the Audiological reports carried out at BSA Hearing and Phonics Hearing Centre will be made available to you on request.

We appreciate your anticipated favorable response.

Thank you and God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

The Cure For Hepatitis B And C That You Didn't Know...{with Pic} / The Cure For Hepatitis B And C That You Didn't Know...{with Pic} / Https://fitnessfacts.com.au/abella-mayfair/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.