Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? (33806 Views)

After 5 Years Of Trying, I've Been Admitted Finally / Has Anyone Gotten His Uniben Transcript? / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 7:56am On Dec 15, 2017
Please guys i have been admitted to pharmacy in ANSU but i am already doing med/sug through JUPEB, as it stands i don't want to leave either of them. My plan is to combine the two of them cause from my understanding Jupeb has same course outline with year one (i may be wrong though), i know it could be very stressfull. I dont know the degree [of stress] honestly this could be very costly paying both jupeb and pharmacy school fees. I also heard that i can pay acceptance fee then write to the VC to delay my admission to 2018 towards the end of my jupeb program, i don't really know what to do i want to complete this jupeb program and also i can't let pharmacy go just like that.

Please i need experience advice. thank u guys!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by dingbang(m): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2017
I think you should study medicine...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 8:08am On Dec 15, 2017
dingbang:
I think you should study medicine...
yeah! bro absolutely but to get into second year via jupeb i must make a summa cum laude grade i.e GPA of 5.0 i know i can do it but what if... just what if?

4 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by dingbang(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
yeah! bro absolutely but to get into second year via jupeb i must make a summa cum laude grade i.e GPA of 5.0 i know i can do it but what if... just what if?
stop that what if mentality... Bend down and read sister... You can do it... Forget flexing for now.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2017
dingbang:
stop that what if mentality... Bend down and read sister... You can do it... Forget flexing for now.
thanks bro for the advice.

please help me call the mods to push this to fp.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by dingbang(m): 8:19am On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
thanks bro for the advice.

please help me call the mods to push this to fp.
mynd44 please assist this young lady in choosing her career wisely by pushing to front page..

Thanks

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by doughziay: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
You got admission for pharmacy is different from Jupeb med/surg.

you'll end up getting yourself worked up if you don't focus on one thing. Your productivity might be lesser if you do both at the same time, you might end up performing lower than you expect because you are trying to measure up in both areas.

My Advice

Do Pharmacy.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2017
doughziay:
You got admission for pharmacy is different from Jupeb med/surg.

you'll end up getting yourself worked up if you don't focus on one thing. Your productivity might be lesser if you do both at the same time, you might end up performing lower than you expect because you are trying to measure up in both areas.

My Advice

Do Pharmacy.
yeah bros i have considered it too but do u know anything about puting an admission on hold?
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2017
Primenet, buchidinho, ayuzee, kasson, kennboiy, mcmooney, folfy please come over here
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by doughziay: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
yeah bros i have considered it too but do u know anything about puting an admission on hold?

Yes, you pay acceptance fee n apply for deferment. all school has its process.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2017
doughziay:

Yes, you pay acceptance fee n apply for deferment. all school has its process.
wow! wow! if this is true, am doing it ASAP its best right?

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Ajfems(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2017
It better u go for pharmacy.
Cos from experience, direct entry can be tricky that's if at the end of it all u don't make requirement for ur choice institution. Since you are skeptic abt your chances and ability to prevail, it wud be better to put your mind in a sure process ( pharmacy from 100l). Studying professional courses is about confidence in one's resolve and determination to see it thru. Cos wen it gets to 300l it boils down to people with the brain or people with strong will to excel.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by olisehcom(f): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2017
Just go for pharmacy.. If you can defer your admission till next year you can continue with ur JUPEB program.

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by mrphysics(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2017
If you are absolutely sure you will make the GP of 5.0 which is the requirement for Med/Sug then proceed with your current programme. But if your GP is currently below the 5.0 (Meaning you are hoping to get it to 5.0) kindly proceed with Pharmacy.

From the second sentence above and from your "what If analogy", I am suggesting you go for the Pharmacy Option.

Finally, you want to pursue Pharmacy and Medicine same time? Must you study the two? Do you want to be a Pharmaceutical doctor? grin grin grin
Abeg, specialize in one and master it. Be the best in one and rest will be a story.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by prevailer247(f): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Ajfems:
Cos from experience, direct entry can be tricky that's if at the end of it all u don't make requirement for ur choice institution. Since you are skeptic abt your chances and ability to prevail, it wud be better to put your mind in a sure process ( pharmacy from 100l). Studying professional courses is about confidence in one's resolve and determination to see it thru. Cos wen it gets to 300l it boils down to people with the brain or people with strong will to excel.
am not really being skeptic just that u are never sure of anything in this world... if all things can just be equal bro i can do all things.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by chineduemmao: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2017
mynd44 u no go see better thing push to front page now

lalasticlala this forum should be about helping one another especially with advice do the needful

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Truepee(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2017
grin angry
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by lovely17(m): 10:26am On Dec 15, 2017
You can defy your admission till when you ready for it
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by chineduemmao: 10:26am On Dec 15, 2017
Ajfems:
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Fundamentalist: 10:52am On Dec 15, 2017
Opportunity comes but ones , pick the one your heart chooses. Nigerian education is not worth the stress.

Just pick one you feel you can do, do your best and leave the rest to God

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by RedDistrict: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Go for the more direct admission at hand which is the pharmacy you got.

Med and Surgery is obviously a better option but depending on DE admission via that Jupeb program you doing will be very tricky, You might end up getting the same pharmacy sef if you dont get the cutoff for Medsurg.

The final decision rests with you tho. Follow your mind and am sure you will achieve regardlessly of which you choose

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
Please guys i have been admitted to pharmacy in ANSU but i am already doing med/sug through JUPEB, as it stands i don't want to leave either of them. My plan is to combine the two of them cause from my understanding Jupeb has same course outline with year one (i may be wrong though), i know it could be very stressfull. I dont know the degree [of stress] honestly this could be very costly paying both jupeb and pharmacy school fees. I also heard that i can pay acceptance fee then write to the VC to delay my admission to 2018 towards the end of my jupeb program, i don't really know what to do i want to complete this jupeb program and also i can't let pharmacy go just like that.

mynd44, lalasticlala, thegoodjoe, mrphysics help please!!!

I can't believe this post.You don't want to leave jupeb?A jupeb that you have not known the outcome .Something that you'll still have to reapply for a admission that is not secured.My advice is that you should go and do pharmacy.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by dimelo: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
a bird in hand is better than ten in the bush, thousands of people don't get admitted yearly and that means another rigorous process of jamb registration, post utme and even reading same material in preparation for the said exam and trust me I know how boring it can get, I've applied to different universities to study pharmacy but was never selected among the admitted few, so be wise in your decision cause no school would keep space for you until you decide to take it. and just so you know only 21 universities in Nigeria offers pharmacy and I'm not even sure if it's all of them that are accredited, ANSU particularly doesn't offer pharmacy.

4 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
Simple, Go for pharmacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
Take up the pharmacy... If u really desire medicine and surgery, do enough jacking in 100l and make A's all through, then u can do a change of course to medicine and surgery with ur good grade and strong connection

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
If you can delay the pharmacy, okay.
Take up the jupeb medicine.
Bad as e bad, if u no get d medicine, dem go still give u pharmacy....
But try ur best get the medicine ohh. Jupeb no d easy
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Edopesin: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
ASK KOTE MEHN
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by kaycee125: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
Stick with your medicine and surgery, it's a very professional course

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by iamleumas: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
My dear you can't serve two master at same time... Make a wise choice now and know what you want for yourself, this dancing to JEPUG or what's it call n the other school, comm'n you should know what you need. if Pham is what you love doing then! but if the med n surg is what you prefer to the Pham.. so? take one n leave the other. or go on with the one you have been with n move on abeg.

Meanwhile,
I want to sell a facebook page with 56k likes at an affordable price. If you're interested, kindly call/whatsapp 070-6427-2729
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Odianose13(m): 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
Go meet an academic advisor. Na nairaland u wan make decision on your career?

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by free2ryhme: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

go study everything

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LAUTECH 5 Months Strike Anniversary Cake By A Student (Photos) / FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here / Help! My Boss Has Been Charmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.