Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,073 members, 7,807,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? (33811 Views)

After 5 Years Of Trying, I've Been Admitted Finally / Has Anyone Gotten His Uniben Transcript? / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Elzends(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
dimelo:
a bird in hand is better than ten in the bush, thousands of people don't get admitted yearly and that means another rigorous process of jamb registration, post utme and even reading same material in preparation for the said exam and trust me I know how boring it can get, I've applied to different universities to study pharmacy but was never selected among the admitted few, so be wise in your decision cause no school would keep space for you until you decide to take it. and just so you know only 21 universities in Nigeria offers pharmacy and I'm not even sure if it's all of them that are accredited, ANSU particularly doesn't offer pharmacy.

ANSU started offering pharmacy last academic session but I can't tell if it's accredited or not.
I still think Op should go ahead with pharmacy

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by mede4real: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
Please leave Jupeb and go study ur pharmacy
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Darvel(m): 2:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
I STRONGLY ADVICE YOU GO FOR THE ANSU.. COZ JUPEB MIGHT NOT GIVE YOU AUTOMATIC ADMISSION..... GO FOR THE ONE WEY SURE PASS O,.. NA NAIJA WE DEY. ALL THESE HOLD YOUR ADMISSION. OR PAUSE ADMISSION MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU WEN IT COMES O.. AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE... SO BETTER GO FOR ONE AND STOP BEATING AROUND D BUSH.......
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by intruxive(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
My advice. If u are confused, leave both and go into trading undecided
Thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by osazsky(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
forget about the jubeb and go for pharmacy, how are u sure you will b admitted into 200l after d jubeb, a bird in hand

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by FBIL: 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
GET IT DIRECT FROM A UNIVERSITY TEACHER:
You've bn admitted to study Pharmacy. You're currently running JUPEB. You love both courses but seemingly prefers Med/Surgery. Now, go see the Registrar/Assistant Registrar of the school that gave u Pharmacy, tell him/her that you want to defer your admission for a year based on financial reasons. Do not tell him/her you're elsewhere doing JUPEB. Why you must see Registrar or Assistant is because different schools have different rules. Hear it from the ''horse's mouth''! If you stay far to assume a rule you may be caught up when you return to enforce your rights. Congratulations in advance.

4 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by royalty18: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
OP, that you have been given Pharmacy means your name is registered on JAMB as an undergraduate.
On the other hand, JUBEB is more or less like a Remedial Program run by conglomeration of universities. JAMB is not yet involved. It is after you pass your JUBEB exams and other criterion that you can now talk of admission into 2001evel.

Please go for your Pharmacy now. Apart from a bird in hand being better than ten in Bush, may JAMB not jam you o.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by goodnessme02: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
Please guys i have been admitted to pharmacy in ANSU but i am already doing med/sug through JUPEB, as it stands i don't want to leave either of them. My plan is to combine the two of them cause from my understanding Jupeb has same course outline with year one (i may be wrong though), i know it could be very stressfull. I dont know the degree [of stress] honestly this could be very costly paying both jupeb and pharmacy school fees. I also heard that i can pay acceptance fee then write to the VC to delay my admission to 2018 towards the end of my jupeb program, i don't really know what to do i want to complete this jupeb program and also i can't let pharmacy go just like that.

Please i need experience advice. thank u guys!

pay your acceptance fee and write the school to put ur admission on hold (deferment of admission) then you can finish up ur JUPEB programme and see if you meet the 5.0..

good luck

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by royalty18: 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
FBIL:
GET IT DIRECT FROM A UNIVERSITY TEACHER:
You've bn admitted to study Pharmacy. You're currently running JUPEB. You love both courses but seemingly prefers Med/Surgery. Now, go see the Registrar/Assistant Registrar of the school that gave u Pharmacy, tell him/her that you want to defer your admission for a year based on financial reasons. Do not tell him/her you're elsewhere doing JUPEB. Why you must see Registrar or Assistant is because different schools have different rules. Hear it from the ''horse's mouth''! If you stay far to assume a rule you may be caught up when you return to enforce your rights. Congratulations in advance.
Yes you are very correct. There are diverse rules. A student cannot just defer an admission. But I can't remember seeing been on another course(a premilinary course for that matter) as a reason for deferment in my institution. Different universities has reasonable grounds to accept such application for deferment.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Deo1986(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
I didn't go to college, won't know what to say. cool
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
yeah! bro absolutely but to get into second year via jupeb i must make a summa cum laude grade i.e GPA of 5.0 i know i can do it but what if... just what if?

What is JUPEB?
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
doughziay:
You got admission for pharmacy is different from Jupeb med/surg.

you'll end up getting yourself worked up if you don't focus on one thing. Your productivity might be lesser if you do both at the same time, you might end up performing lower than you expect because you are trying to measure up in both areas.

My Advice

Do Pharmacy.
To add to this.

Cc: Prevailer247. You currently have one admission to hold on to which is ANSU/pharmacy. JUPEB is a programme that if you don't pass but end up forfeiting the one you got in Pharmacy, you may fall back to nothing next year or a retry.

Take the Pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
If you are really passionate deep down your heart to study medicine.Study it.

Don't follow what people are saying.Dont let them decide for you.People overrate medicine too much
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by adeniyi3971(m): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
Are you sure ANSU operates an accredited pharmacy faculty?
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
yeah! bro absolutely but to get into second year via jupeb i must make a summa cum laude grade i.e GPA of 5.0 i know i can do it but what if... just what if?
"What if" is a normal thought process of a balanced psychology. You had better be realistic and factor in the two possibities before making your decision. Yes, you can... but what if..... Best of luck
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Emary(f): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
I can tell you outright that there is no way you will combine the two. However if you are not sure of getting into med school, your decision to defer your admission into Pharmacy is wise. Pharmacy is even more lucrative than medicine in Nigeria now as it stands so it is a great course to study. However, if you get into medicine, put your head down and study very hard for the next few years, you can easily relocate to a foreign country where you will be very well paid and you can pursue your post-graduate studies there. But secure the Pharmacy as a back-up now.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
gbosaa:

What is JUPEB?
A school program.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by arrestdarrester: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:
Please guys i have been admitted to pharmacy in ANSU but i am already doing med/sug through JUPEB, as it stands i don't want to leave either of them. My plan is to combine the two of them cause from my understanding Jupeb has same course outline with year one (i may be wrong though), i know it could be very stressfull. I dont know the degree [of stress] honestly this could be very costly paying both jupeb and pharmacy school fees. I also heard that i can pay acceptance fee then write to the VC to delay my admission to 2018 towards the end of my jupeb program, i don't really know what to do i want to complete this jupeb program and also i can't let pharmacy go just like that.

Which ever one you choose to study just make certain that the school is accredited by NUC to offer that course.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by apalemighty01(m): 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

year u can defer ur admission for a year. if that wud help.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
GambaOsaka:

You rarely see a department releasing their best students to other departments except the connection is way up there ......
yes she need the connection to be released and accepted after the good grade...
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by iswallker(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Itk dey worry u...

Na you they ask question...

Na you dey talk the solution....

shocked
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by bleskid: 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
grin go and study farming and harvesting
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Ejomax77(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
If I may ask, did you originally apply for pharmacy?
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by comrChris(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
Point of correction you have only one admission which is pharmacy, Jupeb is just a program to give you admission and you are not through with it yet.

I'm very sure you are doing that your jupeb in Unizik, ask anybody that has done either jupeb,prescience or diploma in unizik,he or she will tell you how frustrating its to do stuff like that in unizik, they don't care about your admission but the money they will make from you. I did prescience in unizik,i know what am saying, i also have two 2017 jupeb results i collected for my friends sister n brother. You will be shocked if you see what they scored.

My advice, if you can pause that pharmacy and see the end of you jupeb fine, but if it won't work stick to your pharmacy
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by IamOlusa(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

Don't loose golden opportunity, hold your pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by comrChris(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
adeniyi3971:
Are you sure ANSU operates an accredited pharmacy faculty?
my dear am surprised too
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by homesteady(m): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
My dear, just pick that pharmacy and have peace of mind. Even if you are 100% sure of getting high points in the JUPEB program, are you 100% sure of getting the admission? What if something happens to you during the exam period and you weren't able to concentrate well enough?

Just hurry up and start preparing for your Pharmacy admission.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by mightyleks(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
prevailer247:

Apply for your deferment if not accepted pick up pharmacy
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Rajosh(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Pay your school fees and defer your admission. Continue your JUPEB program. By the end of the session, you'll know where you stand. Assuming you don't make 5.0 (God forbid), you'll have your pharmacy to fall back on. you make your 5.0, MBBS tó sure.
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Torontoparrot(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
mrphysics:
If you are absolutely sure you will make the GP of 5.0 which is the requirement for Med/Sug then proceed with your current programme. But if your GP is currently below the 5.0 (Meaning you are hoping to get it to 5.0) kindly proceed with Pharmacy.

From the second sentence above and from your "what If analogy", I am suggesting you go for the Pharmacy Option.

Finally, you want to pursue Pharmacy and Medicine same time? Must you study the two? Do you want to be (b)a Pharmaceutical doctor? (/b)grin grin grin
Abeg, specialize in one and master it. Be the best in one and rest will be a story.
hahhahahh pharmaceutical dokiii
Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
Please sir. Go for the Pharmacy you have been given. This is the truth about JUPEB- after you have written the final exam youll still be on the small level with fresh admission seekers. And the intakes from JUPEB into departments in uni is usually very low. I'm Uniben last year they took about 6 students into medicine and surgery. Unless you can guarantee you'll get a straight 14 or 15 points then just go for your pharmacy. And don't try to combine both of them. Don't be over confident. It'll tell on either Program you are running. Do apply wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
I think most universities don't accept jupeb for med/surgery and let's be honest with ourselves you know your current cgpa and your ability that should give you a very good guess of what your final result will be if you think you can make it defer your admission if you think you can't don't waste another year go for pharmacy.
#my2cents

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here / Beautiful Pictures Of Nigerian Universities - UPLOAD / Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.