Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company (10466 Views)

Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 Update Review - Is It Stable Or Not? (photos) / 9mobile To Be Sold Out On January 16 / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Newsprex(m): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Some days ago, five companies (Airtel, Glo, Helios investment partners LLP, Smile and Teleology Holdings Limited) emerged as the top five bidders to buy 9mobile network and on December 31st, 2017, 9mobile will be handed to the preferred bidder.

Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC), reiterated that December 31st deadline for the handover of 9mobile to the preferred bidder is “Sacrosanct“.

Prof Umar Garba Danbatta, the Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, said the remaining five bidders are allowed to conduct due diligence on 9mobile as the firm evidence of strong financial commitment to buy 9mobile.

He said Nigeria authorities should not just handover 9mobile to any company but to a very “technically and financially stable company“.

He said the company who ever buys 9mobile should be ready to improve the fortune of the company.

See his statement below:

“As you are aware five bidders have emerged as I am talking to you and they have been allowed to access the data room of the 9mobile in order for them to get access to the financial situation of the company and subsequently make bid for the takeover of the company.

“But we will ensure that the takeover is done in a regulated manner, not a forceful manner. That is why the CBN and the NCC are supervising what is going on through the interim board that was jointly set up by the NCC and other partners.”

Source - https://prexblog.com/9mobile-will-be-sold-to-only-financially-stable-company-ncc/
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Donsammi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
kiss
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Newsprex(m): 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by mikeycharles(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
C
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Naijji: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
If Glo get sense, meh dem just buy am

8 Likes

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Xionez(m): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
Naijji:
If Glo get sense, meh dem just buy am

Better Airtel or Smile. Not Glo.
Subscribers are still experiencing slow data speeds for over a year and yet, Glo has kept silent. CC is of no use. Please, they shouldn't add more people to this suffering.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by ewizard1: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
Xionez:

Subscribers are still experiencing slow data speeds for over a year and yet, Glo has kept silent. CC is of no use. Please, they shouldn't add more people to this suffering.
And you don't think it might be a turn around for their Network?

What happened to MTN when it acquired Visafone?

12 Likes

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by XXLDICK(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2017
Glo, please buy it oh.

I need a fast 3G and I'm tired of their stupid band 20 which is very scare and the slowest among all 4G bands.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Felixalex(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2017
Xionez:

Hmmm, not totally true, within the last 5 months, Glo network has tremendously improved. I used to be one of those who insulted their network speed and kept wasting money subscribing on MTN, until I decided to give it a try (after being frustrated with how often I waste money on data subscriptions) and I have not regretted using Glo for once. Not just where I reside, most of the places I have travelled to this year, Glo network has been fast or considerably ok n I believe they will improve. Perhaps buying 9mobile will enhance their existing technology..... (Or are they buying only the subscribers without the facilities?)

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by stevezuks: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2017
Well Glo is not financially stable. Recall they still owe some of their contract staffs months of pay. And they keep using the white wash of endorsement deals and events to cover their deep bankruptcy.

what are you waiting for? Visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get high quality, neatly written to APA standard (or any standard of your choice)project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

Hire our researchers to write your undergraduate final year research project. Custom and Plagiarism free
With money back guarantee. Visit us now
https://RunMyResearch.com
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by RemedyLab: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2017
Just REVEALED

Learn how to treat diabetes naturally

Visit NaturalRemedyLab for more
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by tstx(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Now now dem wan sell out
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Milllz: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Glo please. They’re indigenous.

And I can browse in peace with a cheap fast plan.

11 Likes

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by muller101(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2017
Glo should no go near there
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by sayusuf(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2017
allowing glo or airtel to acquire 9mobile is killing competition

4 Likes

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Timiblanko(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2017
Mobile 9 or what ever just keep wasting my card. I regret porting my mtn sim to yours. When you are stable let us know
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Gucciboss: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
Timiblanko:
mikeycharles:
C
Milllz:
K
stevezuks:
Djdj
Newsprex:
angry
Donsammi:
kiss

See them. Awon spacebookers.
Moderator pls ban these entities till 2055.

Meanwhile both airtel and Glo shouldn't be considered at all. Let them fix their own network first. Glo is notorious for being the most unstable network in the world, yes in the whole wide world grin. And Airtel should use that money that they want to dash 9mobile to upgrade their network to 4g. Tankio.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by BruncleZuma: 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Econet all over again
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by jericco1(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2017
let dem not sell it to a greedy company abeg.
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by maxwell767(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, I will buy it lipsrsealed
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Timiblanko(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Gucciboss:

See them. Awon spacebookers. Moderator pls ban these entities till 2055.
Go and kill yourself
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Skillfull1: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2017
NCC...i wan buy...how much is it? wink

All Baking Hand Guide....Check My Profile
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by ivolt: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2017
Glo take note.
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by nototribalist: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2017
Sale it to Glo, they need to expand wella

1 Like

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2017
I think I know what or who the other four companies are[including the one that bears the same name as the Greek god of the sun] but Teleology Holdings has got me a bit puzzled. There's almost ZERO about them online and I have been trying to get a website that is linked to this "misty" to know where they are from but still nada!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by cstr1000: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2017
Glo should be given the advantage here.

They are indigenous, and they have by far the cheapest network.

4 gig for 1000 naira. It doesn't get better than that.

6 Likes

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by felixix(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2017
After selling what next?
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Gucciboss: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Timiblanko:

Go and kill yourself
You must be typing these from the forest of Igbokoda.
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by olayinkajnr(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Felixalex:

Hmmm, not totally true, within the last 5 months, Glo network has tremendously improved. I used to be one of those who insulted their network speed and kept wasting money subscribing on MTN, until I decided to give it a try (after being frustrated with how often I waste money on data subscriptions) and I have not regretted using Glo for once. Not just where I reside, most of the places I have travelled to this year, Glo network has been fast or considerably ok n I believe they will improve. Perhaps buying 9mobile will enhance their existing technology..... (Or are they buying only the subscribers without the facilities?)

I thought I was the only one that observed that Glo network has really improved.

Buying 9mobile will make it even more better.

I wonder why people think their network will be very poor after buying 9mobile (which is one of the fastest network in terms of browsing). Plus I feel their 4G network can be used on any 4G phone afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by slawomir: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2017
ok
Re: NCC: 9mobile Will Be Sold To Only Financially Stable Company by Nuheights(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2017
Even though acquisitions are a normal part of the corporate world, I honestly don't think any existing Nigerian Network company should have been allowed to get involved in the bidding process. With fewer alternatives in the telecom space, I struggle to see how the helpless subscribers are not going to be worse for it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Bible App On Smartphone / My Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6+ Nougat Update / PES 2017 Apk & OBB Data For Android Available For Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.