Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? (12911 Views)

Boyfriend/Girlfriend Relationship, Also Known As Dating: Is It Right Or Wrong? / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by omojeesu(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2017
2horsePOWER:
Are there any religious backing?
is it even right?
why spend so much money?
Yes, it is certain everybody will die, death is sure
but is death really worth celebrating
Lately,I have been thinking if thr's really the need for it.
Why not just drop the dead 6ft underground and thats it! everybody leave for their home.
Instead of disturbing the dead with so much noise.

What are your views?

Wrong. Very wrong.
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by MsFaith: 9:46am On Dec 17, 2017
aaronson:
Left to me, there are many ceremonies that are so worthless of celebrating, celebration such as Burial, Naming Ceremony, Christmas, Birthday, babyshower, bridal shower, Bachelors eve and remembrance.

They don't make no single sense.

Are you JW?
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by origima: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2017
Pls let the pastors or freeze teach us what bible said about burial so we can learn biblically. Thanks
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Allee90: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2017
I prefer the Islamic way

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by doubler(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2017
Rather use d moni to help dose Dat r alive..once u r dead,nobody cares abt u..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by safarigirl(f): 9:53am On Dec 17, 2017
doubler:
Rather use d moni to help dose Dat r alive..once u r dead,nobody cares abt u..
do you know how many living people will be fed at someone's burial?

Do you kniw how many poor people will getv money from picking from whatever someone else has sprayed on a burial day?

If you do a quiet burial, you will not feed anyone, nobody will benefit from you that day and the whole village will curse your family for being stingy grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Lukgaf(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2017
in Islam, we call it Isroff, spending lavishly
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Radiant1020(f): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2017
I can't even eat in any burial ceremony
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by hayzed1090: 9:55am On Dec 17, 2017
EmperorHarry:

Nah I'm indifferent but one thing I've learnt is that we're not all born the same...Everybody with their preferences, the moment you start to accept that fact,life becomes a whole lot easier and your perspective changes..Things that were meant to bother you before won't anymore cos you know that we ain't all the same.
We most have opposites for this world to be balanced...the rich and the poor,the smart ones and the dumb ones,the winners and losers,the people who like school and the ones who don't etc.

Hmmmm... den dere shld b no punishment for stealing, raping, killing etc.
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Coldfeets: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2017
In my own opinion, it is totally wrong.

The money being lavished could be used to help the living.
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ceeceeuwa: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2017
Damibiz:
As for me,that is the last respect i can pay to my love ones especially my father nd mother,for what they hv don for me...as lng as i gat the cash,believe u me,i will gv this two individuals a grand burial that will be remembered for ages..bt like my dad alway said...."dont ever borrow money for my burial when i'm death".....may the good lord gv me cash to carry out my plan in Jesus name Amen
Celebrate them while they are alive! Mark there Birthdays,give them quality care,make them feel loved, visit them...there is no amount of respect that you give the dead that he will appreciate.
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by honorr: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2017
2horsePOWER:
Are there any religious backing?
is it even right?
why spend so much money?
Yes, it is certain everybody will die, death is sure
but is death really worth celebrating
Lately,I have been thinking if thr's really the need for it.
Why not just drop the dead 6ft underground and thats it! everybody leave for their home.
Instead of disturbing the dead with so much noise.

What are your views?
Thats why we are africans. we are full of ceremonies. we even take amala and ewedu to protests..
Imagine Africa without beer and rice for a whole year.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by addikt(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2017
FORGETTING AND DOING AWAY WITH RELIGION, Spending some extraordinary cash on burial doesn't worth it , the dead is gone !!!....just make a little arrangements and pay tributes and Ode (LAST RESPECT)to the dead and live on ...it's called IDARO in yoruba, just to show that the DEPARTURE ISN'T EASY, we do this because we are humans , birds, rats and cats don't do that ...but after all , Life goes on,,who know's who's next !!!
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by felixation123(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Human existence would be so boring without all these unnecessary celebrations hahahaha why not if you have the money??but investing on those that are still alive should be paramount!!!
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by bionixs: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2017
aaronson:
Left to me, there are many ceremonies that are so worthless of celebrating, celebration such as Burial, Naming Ceremony, Christmas, Birthday, babyshower, bridal shower, Bachelors eve and remembrance.

They don't make no single sense.
if death is not the reason,celebrate more and more if you worked for the money
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by felixation123(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2017
honorr:

Thats why we are africans. we are full of ceremonies. we even take amala and ewedu to protests..
Imagine Africa without beer and rice for a whole year.

Hahahahaha I can't agree less
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by bombim(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2017
it waste of money, what you can give the person when alive
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by pointstores(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2017
Is just a simple answer of choice
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Stylz69(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
It isn’t a matter of right or wrong; it is simply pointless. Some of the people we celebrate in death, we ignored while alive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by josite: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2017
If the money is not borrowed from u what is your own?.don't other service providers get blessed during these ceremonies,does the area boys not get paid for watching your range rover while you party?
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by henryhemon(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2017
Fucking waste of time and money
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Bluffly: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

This is why I love muslims
The topic is not about religion. And who told you that Muslim do not celebrate. Are you sure you are still living?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Reference(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
As an anti-cultural, anti-tribal person what I I thought to say maybe misconstrued as being offensive so I refrain from commenting. But when I pass on I sincerely do hope it will not leave humanity worse off... most especially those I claim to love. Please bury me when you can, how you can and where you can. I guarantee you it won't hurt my feelings for I will be very, very dead.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by uzoma213(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Is it a celebration or are they just entertaining the people around? undecided
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by idu1(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2017
I have seen many old men and women roaming the street without a gram of care from their children or the government. No body cares how they feed including myself. Wait and see how they will start killing innocent cows when they eventually died of cold and loneliness. And you ll be surprise where the modafuvks children comes from undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2017
Well I see it as celebration of life , however if its too lavish that's in the people doing it, after not like the dead can appreciate the effort. If I die if my people like spend lavishly or not that's their business, because I won't be in that capacity to care. Lol
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by VictorEkwere: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:

I believe it’s just part of the African mentality where we celebrate almost anything.
1) we buy car - we celebrate
2) build house - we celebrate
3) give birth - we celebrate
Birthday - we celebrate
It’s just our mentality

I agree with you
You are wrong that mentality is not only in AFRICA its happens every where in the world it is a general believe,culture and religion of the people.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2017
Reference:
As an anti-cultural, anti-tribal person what I I thought to say maybe misconstrued as being offensive so I refrain from commenting. But when I pass on I sincerely do hope it will not leave humanity worse off... most especially those I claim to love. Please bury me when you can, how you can and where you can. I guarantee you it won't hurt my feelings for I will be very, very dead.

Hmmmm I will make a *reference* to this quote anytime someone brings up burial again nice comment.
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by BruncleZuma: 10:24am On Dec 17, 2017
It's stupid and wrong just like lavish weddings...
Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

This is why I love muslims
if i hear..

Yeah Muslims bury their dead immediately.. But months later they still do what you call the final burial party.. where they throw a lavish party eating and drinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Take On Lavish Burial Ceremonies, Is It Right Or Wrong? by justseyi(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2017
As long as you aren't overdoing it. Cut your coat to your size. And you are good. Just that westernisation makes us to sometime soon abolish our traditions

Join this growing student forum. There you can interact. Get academic assistance and also Trade. Sign up today!

www.studentvillage.one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Earring-wear Bishop - Td Jakes / Horrorful Cries From Hell Fire / Who Is Your Biblical Hero Or Heroine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.