Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Advice To All Freshers. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice To All Freshers. (560 Views)

My Commitment To All Freshers(100l) ,200l And Mathematics Department In General. / New UNIOSUN Freshers' School Fees / All Freshers Should Have This Android App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice To All Freshers. by LordeCalifornia: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Securing admission is not an easy task in Nigeria.
A big congratulations to those who finally got admitted.
After the UTME, WAEC, and POST UTME hurdles, you scaled through unscathed. Congrats!

Now, Life in the university is different, the freedom is almost unlimited.
My advice for you is, "make the most of freedom"
don't take your formative years for granted. try and excel in every course you sit for. Excel in everything you do.

I know some of you were given courses you never applied for, and you may be angry and unwilling to give your best to study your new undesired course, my advice for you is "what is worth doing, is worth doing well". put your head down, and Top your new department whether you like the course or not.

Some of you secured admission to study in the polytechnic, you may be sad and angry about it, you prefer to school in a university instead. But since you can't do anything about it, you're now grudgingly going to the polytechnic. My advice for you is, try as much as you can to excel beyond imagination while you're schooling in the polytechnic. For what is worth your time, should be worth your commitment.

Some of us weren't that intellectually sound in secondary school, we're scared that we may not make good grades n the university. Don't feel so, provided you Passed your UTME, WAEC and POST UTME, then you're as good as everyother person. Greatness exists in everyone.

some of us learnt these things the hard way, I wouldn't want any one of you to go through it the hard way, so pick a thing or two from this advice, begin your University Journey with good 100Level grades.

We should learn to choose our friends, not everyone you meet during clearance or in the cafe or in the hostel should be your friend. you do not even need so much friends in 100Level. just keep your circle small.

I didn't do well in my 100Level, now i have to study extra hard to make up for my poor 100Level grades... I do not want you to make the same mistake, So Get to school prepared!
Re: Advice To All Freshers. by kennyjam: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
True talk OP..........
May God help as we play our parts too!
Re: Advice To All Freshers. by Ivoryred(f): 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
thanks for this write up @op
i will always do my best

(1) (Reply)

Unn Finally Release Supplementary List - See How To Check It Here / UI Comprehensive Admission List & Acceptance Fee Payment Notice, 2017/2018 / 500 Level First Class, Uniben Student Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.