Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed (21936 Views)

Many Killed In Anambra Nightclub Shootings / Farmers & Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Bassa Kogi, Many Killed (Graphic Photos!!) / Many Killed In Kasuwan Magani, Kaduna As Mayhem Breaks Out (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by BornAgainMay: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
sad
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by checkedout: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
nototribalist:
na lie him talk?

I don't talk to piggy's

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
slimthugchimee2:
your headline is also somehow, you know most nairalanders don't even read the writeup

Your right I notice a lot if these guys are daft. I usually bold these stories but decided no to because it's very short.

Shuku0kukobambi:

Very true. I remember that Lead poisoning ish in Zamfara some years back. Many families destroyed and scarred for life because of illegal mining

The next thing these guys do after destroying environment is go to government to fix problem they caused. I'm just surprised this thread got stupid so fast.

2 Likes

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
What do you expect, when murderers are in four years administration? APC government failed the rule of governance and the rule of engagement tests.

The early Nigerians end APC control Nigeria police force, the better for everyone.

The zoo is falling.

Instead of APC control mines industry to employ and train these guys with natural talents creator bestowed on them for the benefit of Nigeria nation, the best decision APC government could came up with is to sent armed police force to shot at slightest resistance.

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Shuku0kukobambi: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Blue3k:

Your right I notice a lot if these guys are daft. I usually bold these stories but decided no to because it's very short.

The next thing these guys do after destroying environment is go to government to fix problem they caused. I'm just surprised this thread got stupid so fast.

This is NL. Don't take it to heart bro grin

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by naijacentric(m): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
Yet none of the people mining human skulls in the South wåste have been killed.

Is it because they are mainly Yoruba Muslims?

Buhari is stylishly punishing Taraba Christians for dealing with his herdsmen.
you are a bastard
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Ikwokrikwo: 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
naijacentric:
you are a bastard
E pain the Yoruba muslim

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by asawanathegreat(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
Don't Mind them

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by grandstar(m): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Blue3k:
Some clowns said the federal government not tackling illegal mining in North. It's amazing these guys operated for 10 years without think to register their operation. A whole Decade of tax free profits.

I agree with governor that states do need great role in mining industry. That's why the should put mining abd minerals in concurrent legislative list. These issues would pop up less. Before you ask that would include oil because oil.

Last week similar incident happened in Ebonyi without any deaths. The funny thing about that one is the mother's and wives of these illegal miners were protesting their arrest. These criminal got violent and destructive and sadly paid price for it.

As much as i condemn illegal mining, it brings good income to the poor who are mostly engaged in it. It is empowering.

When such a mine is concessioned to a single company, majority of these benefits evaporate.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 12:11am On Dec 16, 2017
grandstar:

As much as i condemn illegal mining, it brings good income to the poor who are mostly engaged in it. It is empowering.

When such a mine is concessioned to a single company, majority of these benefits evaporate.

The state should register these illegal miners like minister told them to. If that's case it would help out. The next issue is amending constitution. If the state assembly aren't idiots the will just move this to concurrent legislative list.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by grandstar(m): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

The state should register these illegal miners like minister told them to. If that's case it would help out. The next issue is amending constitution. If the state assembly aren't idiots the will just move this to concurrent legislative list.

Thanks
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by FTrebirth(m): 12:20am On Dec 16, 2017
"many" without a specific number.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by loomer: 3:10am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

This a nonsense rant. The miners refused to leave and got violent and destructive. Second it's miners activities that potentially harm environment if safety precautions aren't taken like in zamfara. What hazardous material are you talking about? They didnt burn it like illegal refinery.

Oga Una no get riot police for the country?

Na armed robbers dey sell rubber bullets or water canons?
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Deeldorado: 4:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Nigeria, a country that believes everything must be resolved through violence alone. But when you confront them with violence like Boko Haram is doing, they become weary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Jlow2: 4:34am On Dec 16, 2017
sapphire mines
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 6:05am On Dec 16, 2017
loomer:

Oga Una no get riot police for the country?

Na armed robbers dey sell rubber bullets or water canons?

Even people get killed in riots. They got violent and resisted law. Like story said the police where highly out numbered. 1 person getting killed sad but natural consequence of stupid actions.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Dynast(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Last week similar incident happened in Ebonyi without any deaths. The funny thing about that one is the mother's and wives of these illegal miners were protesting their arrest. These criminal got violent and destructive and sadly paid price for it.

Mr man say what you know. In Ebonyi, the Nigerian Police did not arrest any of the so called illegal miners. Rather the cowards went into the village to arrest some people harvesting rice in their farms, some fragile and sick men in their compounds. And passerby going their business.The battled with the youths who had no weapons to save one committee member of mere development centre who parades himself as a force in the village and must decide what happens in the community who invited the SARS operatives to gun down the youths. It was not funy for the police cos if those youths had armed them selves with even sticks, story will be different.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by mabea: 6:58am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

What story are u people reading. The cops reasonable it was miners that acted foolishly. You guys just want to mindless complain about cops even when it doesn't make sense.
Stop talking like a nigerian my friend. What is the police about, is it not to maintain peace and order but they would rather kill than arrest at any provocation.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2017
mabea:
Stop talking like a nigerian my friend. What is the police about, is it not to maintain peace and order but they would rather kill than arrest at any provocation.

Yawn did they not get violent first. The story said they were violent and destructive. They provoked the cops and got response they were looking for.

Dynast:

Mr man say what you know. In Ebonyi, the Nigerian Police did not arrest any of the so called illegal miners. Rather the cowards went into the village to arrest some people harvesting rice in their farms, some fragile and sick men in their compounds. And passerby going their business.

You're telling me story was a lie that's interesting. The government in Ebonyi reported incident to police of illegal lead mining. Even if the arrest was a mistake resisting arrest a lawful arrest is illegal.

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by mabea: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Yawn did they not get violent first. The story said they were violent and destructive. They provoked the cops and got response they were looking for.

You're telling me story was a lie that's interesting.
There you go again. Allright they should go on killing people since they got violent first, it's justifiable.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by naijacentric(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:

E pain the Yoruba muslim
mumu am a middle beltan u must be a fake christian u need Jesus idioit
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2017
mabea:
There you go again. Allright they should go on killing people since they got violent first, it's justifiable.

Yes if cops life is in mortal danger your justified to use lethal force. Not ever death is unjustified especially. The criminals resisted lawful orders to vacate property, violently resisted police and caused destruction to environment.

They were given multiple chances to leave peacefully before force was used. The latest update says one policeman went missing after incident. I don't where you got idea you can engage in criminal activity and violently resist arrest without endanging your life.

2 Likes

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Ijaya123: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
Yet none of the people mining human skulls in the South wåste have been killed.

Is it because they are mainly Yoruba Muslims?

Buhari is stylishly punishing Taraba Christians for dealing with his herdsmen.

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by udo53: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2017
WE ARE BACK WITH RELIABLE SOURCE..ARE YOU TIRED OF LOSING.HERE IS EASY,FAST..
WINNING IS GUARANTEED..ONLY IF YOU BELEVE.a100 PERCENT
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAYS GAME

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by loomer: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Even people get killed in riots. They got violent and resisted law. Like story said the police where highly out numbered. 1 person getting killed sad but natural consequence of stupid actions.

So if police dey out numbered who you think say go die pass?
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2017
loomer:

So if police dey out numbered who you think say go die pass?

What are u saying?

All I know is this. The criminals resisted lawful orders to vacate property, violently resisted police and caused destruction to environment. They were given multiple chances to leave peacefully before force was used. The latest update says one policeman went missing after incident.

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by loomer: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

What are u saying?

Nothing. As I dey so na my bed dey call me.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by martino97: 9:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

What story are u people reading. The cops reasonable it was miners that acted foolishly. You guys just want to mindless complain about cops even when it doesn't make sense.

There are smart ways of handling sensitive issues like these. But then, the average Nigerian mind might not know it.

First, the mining company awarded the mining licence should have seen these local miners as stake holders. Accommodate them by offering many of them training, jobs and contracts when they mechanize the mining operations. Then people will not think they're taking away their daily bread.
Instead, they opted for the typical way Nigerian companies do things; 'get the police to drive them out, and I will take everything that's left'...SELFISHNESS AND GREED... You companies know little about corporate social responsibility (CSR)...I could go on and on...but bottom line is: when you place maximum profit above (CSR), your business is bound to run into problems.

Second, the level of incompetence of our police has again been laid bare. Instead of destroying properties, why not arrest a few individuals at a time at different times? The news would spread, and you'll discover number of illegal miners would be decreasing with time until you get control of the whole area. If the situation escalates, a trained officer can discern when an irate crowd is gathering momentum thus leave immediately, come back another day with reinforced team and adequate equipment for controlling large crowds. Instead, the average police man thinks such moments are times to show civilians he can shoot to kill...I weep for you people...
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 9:28am On Dec 16, 2017
martino97:

There are smart ways of handling sensitive issues like these. But then, the average Nigerian mind might not know it.

First, the mining company awarded the mining licence should have seen these local miners as stake holders. Accommodate them by offering many of them training, jobs and contracts when they mechanize the mining operations. Then people will not think they're taking away their daily bread.
Instead, they opted for the typical way Nigerian companies do things; 'get the police to drive them out, and I will take everything that's left'...SELFISHNESS AND GREED... You companies know little about corporate social responsibility (CSR)...I could go on and on...but bottom line is: when you place maximum profit above (CSR), your business is bound to run into problems.

Second, the level of incompetence of our police has again been laid bare. Instead of destroying properties, why not arrest a few individuals at a time at different times? The news would spread, and you'll discover number of illegal miners would be decreasing with time until you get control of the whole area. If the situation escalates, a trained officer can discern when an irate crowd is gathering momentum thus leave immediately, come back another day with reinforced team and adequate equipment for controlling large crowds. Instead, the average police man thinks such moments are times to show civilians he can shoot to kill...I weep for you people...

Nonsense write up. These guys were here for a while we are and didn't care to get licensed. What stopped them this past decade after making this tax free money from going legitimate. Mining companies in Nigeria are already requires by law Cirorate social responsibility. They do not owe these guys jobs. They paid their taxes and applied for their mining permit.

Yiur second point is daft as first. If you actually read story and follow up story they told miners multiple times to clear out. The refused and continued their illegal activity. They were trespassing on someone's else's mining site. Their structures were illegally placed so if it's destroyed tough luck.

They were given multiple chances to leave peacefully before force was used. The latest update says one policeman went missing after incident. I don't where you got idea you can engage in criminal activity and violently resist arrest without endanging your life. You want to sympathize with criminal elements.

Thousands of miners have been operating at the site for more than 10 years.

10 years and you can't get a licences. What excuse for these miners have?

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by martino97: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Nonsense write up. These guys were here for a while we are and didn't care to get licensed. What stopped them this past decade after making this tax free money from going legitimate. Mining companies in Nigeria are already requires by law Cirorate social responsibility. They do not owe these guys jobs. They paid their taxes and applied for their mining permit.

Yiur second point is daft as first. If you actually read story and follow up story they told miners multiple times to clear out. The refused and continued their illegal activity. They were trespassing on someone's else's mining site. Their structures were illegally placed so if it's destroyed tough luck.

They were given multiple chances to leave peacefully before force was used. The latest update says one policeman went missing after incident. I don't where you got idea you can engage in criminal activity and violently resist arrest without endanging your life. You want to sympathize with criminal elements.

Mr. "know it all",

Your commando style of doing things will not work on every occasion. You still haven't learnt from your experience in the Niger Delta region. You were issued mining and exploration licences. You paid your taxes and royalties, engaged several security personnel, you owed the communities nothing, yet you could not operate in certain areas of the Niger Delta in the heat of the crisis.
I know a company that tried a different approach in communities notorious for violence and kidnappings. They engaged the community youths actively on their jobs, even when they're not under obligation to do so. Needless to add, they spent a substantial amount of their profits helping the communities. And while your companies were running away from the region for security reasons, they were busy making money in peace. Now who is smarter?
Your so-called criminal elements, could live a responsible life, if given a chance. You need an open mind to understand that. Stop being dogmatic! Otherwise you'll end up wasting huge sums of money deploying security personnel, and many years down the line the company is yet make profit.
Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by Blue3k(m): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2017
martino97:

Mr. "know it all",

Your commando style of doing things will not work on every occasion. You still haven't learnt from your experience in the Niger Delta region. You were issued mining and exploration licences. You paid your taxes and royalties, engaged several security personnel, you owed the communities nothing, yet you could not operate in certain areas of the Niger Delta in the heat of the crisis.
I know a company that tried a different approach in communities notorious for violence and kidnappings. They engaged the community youths actively on their jobs, even when they're not under obligation to do so. Needless to add, they spent a substantial amount of their profits helping the communities. And while your companies were running away from the region for security reasons, they were busy making money in peace. Now who is smarter?
Your so-called criminal elements, could live a responsible life, if given a chance. You need an open mind to understand that. Stop being dogmatic! Otherwise you'll end up wasting huge sums of money deploying security personnel, and many years down the line the company is yet make profit.

Yawn they were givenn 48 hours to comply get your here talking about comando cops. They attacked the cops and got response they were looking for. Only a daft person would think miners actions make sense. You never answered why miners didn't get licence after decade nut yiur telling me stories.

I don't care about your criminal brother guy. The cops were fair in this case. The violent youth in ND drove away investment to SW that's why biggest refineries cited there and why they can't get HQ back. Intelligence is thinking long term. The other big oil companies still making profits elsewhere so what's the loss.

Since you don't know anything about laws or policies I'll inform you. The minister already told states and local governments to register this illegal miners. They are even offering funding to them. Foreign companies are requires to hirer locals unless the cant fill requiements with local talent pool. Mining companies are requires to do corporate social responsibility. Alot companies practice CSR anyway.

1 Like

Re: Police And Miners Clash In Taraba; Many Killed by martino97: 10:17am On Dec 16, 2017
Blue3k:

10 years and you can't get a licences. What excuse for these miners have?

1. a man who is barely able to feed his family cannot afford a mining licence. It is not cheap.

2. Licences would be awarded a few companies for the entire area, leaving several people without the rights to mine in the area.

Hence my proposal for the mining company to employ as many as they can.
Since you are so smart, apart from arresting thousands of illegal miners, with children to feed, and put them out of business, what do you propose?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evans Was Arrested For Robbery In 2006, Freed By Imo Police — Police Source / Secondary School Student Shot Dead By Policeman In Niger State (Graphic Pic) / Phone Snatchers Caught & Beaten In Abuja By Mopol Officers(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.