Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel (72205 Views)

2face, Blackface And Faze Posed With Miss Nigeria In Throwback Photo / Guy Poses For A Selfie With Ebony Reigns Corpse While Laid To Rest In Bed / Soldiers, MOPOL Stop Kiss Daniel, Take Selfie With Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by ewosk: 1:41am On Dec 16, 2017
Family of Iraqi beauty queen 'forced to flee country after she took a selfie with Miss Israel'

So much for diplomacy by selfie.

Miss Iraq, Sarah Idan, and her family had to flee their homeland after receiving death threats over a photo she posted online last month.

Why? Because Idan posed with Miss Israel, Adar Gandelsman, at a Miss Universe International Beauty Pageant, the Times of Israel reported.

Idan came under fire for posting the photo to Instagram, captioned, “Peace and Love from Miss Iraq and Miss Israel,” in addition to modeling a bikini.

“The two of those things together caused a mess for her back home where people made threats against her and her family that if she didn’t return home and take down the photos, they would remove her (Miss Iraq) title, that they would kill her,” Gandelsman told Israeli TV, the paper reported.

In another Instagram post, Idan apologized to those who thought the photo was “harmful to the Palestinian cause,” clarifying that it was not a political statement, but instead meant to “express hope and desire for peace between the two countries,” the paper reported.

She added, it “does not signal support for the government of Israel and does not mean I agree or accept its policies in the Arab homeland.”

Iraq does not have formal diplomatic relations with Israel, and the two countries are considered enemies, the paper reported.

Despite the backlash, Gandelsman said her friend did not regret her decision to post the image to social media, which she has yet to remove from Instagram, reported the paper.

“She did it to so that people can understand that it’s possible to live together,” she said.

Sauce/Source undecided https://nypost.com/2017/12/15/miss-iraq-forced-to-flee-country-over-selfie-with-miss-israel/

3 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by 9jaDoc(f): 2:12am On Dec 16, 2017
Really?
*FTC*

We are lucky Christianity is not Islam or this world would have ended a long time ago. Once radical Islamists get their hands on a nuclear bomb (and that's only a matter of time) you can kiss this world goodbye.

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 16, 2017
Religion of Peace indeed.

507 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 16, 2017
This people self.....any small thing,"I kill you".
Miss Iraq just need sweet bear bear she go resemble your regular Osama

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by babyfaceafrica: 4:16am On Dec 16, 2017
Hmmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Fiaburnthem: 5:00am On Dec 16, 2017
I wish there are two planet earth in the world, where the Christian will be in one of those two while the other people will have the other even with the jupiter, Mars... Make dem take abeg

254 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 16, 2017
na wa o...Christmas on my mind jare...who will be my Santa?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by festwiz(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2017
I can't say i am surprised 'cause the country has been know to be violent over nothing. It's in their nature.

10 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by festwiz(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
DrinkLimca:
Go get a job and stop begging on a public forum..
You are not the only Lady with vagina here..
She is probably a dude.

145 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by agadez007(m): 7:38am On Dec 16, 2017
Islamabad is the Capital of Which Country?

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Uyi168: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2017
U cnt be sane and be a muslim..

199 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 16, 2017
This one weak me

Anytime I see news like this Memunat my ex comes to mind

Memunat fine scatter. Her beauty dey give me sound mind.
She gat all the curves in the necessary positions

After our 4 months relationship. I woke one day to find out her dad has married her to one Alfa of no qualification simply because he doesn't want his virgin daughter mingling with a frosh Jesus pikin.

Now Memunat is a mother of 3
Alfa has 3 other wives and 7 children and they all live in room and palour at sango, ota.

Last I saw her the sweet 17 girl I once knew was looking all haggard like a 50 year old roadside beggar

Religion of piss will never know peace angry

372 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 16, 2017
undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by cescky(m): 8:06am On Dec 16, 2017
Is not those lustful, blood thirsty sect who kill in the name of their sexually insatiable and always hor_ny god

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Mexzy4sho(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Look at them. Smh

9 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by egopersonified(f): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2017
why do you guys like reporting half the story. please after this picture was posted, tell us what happened to miss Israel and her family, so we can compare accurately.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by falcon01: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2017
she is islamically wrong for even been with a christain!!!!!! she deserves the peaceful treatmebt islamically

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Marotzke(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2017
Miss Iraq is an Iraqi christian.
Miss israel is a jew.
Just for record purposes.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by boi21(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Her name is SARAH IDAN she's probably an iraqi Christian from Iraq's embattled Christian minority in Iraq.

43 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by boi21(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by JimloveTM(m): 11:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Hmmm. It's a wah something.
Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by davodyguy: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Hatred and fundamentalism taken too far
Abacha prevented Nigeria from participating in South Africa 96 and Fifa/Caf punished us.
Iran should be sanctioned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Deicide: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2017
In the quran it is clearly stated that they shouldnt be friends with unbelievers and the one has the guts to take selfi not just with an unbeliever but with their enemy? she better run or na death get her o

6 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Playz(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2017
#StopTheHate

5 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by lobell: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2017
Yes, it is.

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by SIaye: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2017
DrinkLimca:
Go get a job and stop begging on a public forum..
You are not the only Lady with vagina here..

I can see a guy on her dp not a girl....

6 Likes

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2017
I bet bums supporting shiites won't know the difference between Sunnis and shiites now because it doesn't suit their narrative. I thought shiites were supposed to be the "good" Muslims according to you re tards?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Iraq Forced To Flee Over Selfie With Miss Israel by quiverfull(m): 11:26am On Dec 16, 2017
Islam is the most intolerant religion. There's always violence and division anywhere you find it.
Quote me.

50 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Between P Square And Mikel Obi Who Is The Richest? / Pictures Of Phyno, His Mother, Sister And Brother / Photoshopped Engagement Picture Of Wizkid And Lindaikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.