Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) (39531 Views)

FIFA Bans MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja From Hosting Int’l Matches / MKO Abiola Stadium Abuja Ready For Use After Renovation / Rehabilitation Works Begin At The National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by bedspread: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND MAINTENANCE IS A NOOOOOOOO

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Dee60: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
This is quite sad.

Some people say nothing works around here. Are they correct?
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Chukazu: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
BruncleZuma:

I dey come

The moment NFA realize they could budget money for Lagos stadium and still get offers for supper eagles matches to be played in CALABAR, Lagos stadium was effectively abandoned.

From Lagos we moved to Abuja stadium and same NFA found a way to budget money for Abuja and still had overtures to play our games at Uyo,then came abandonment of Abuja.

I don't know who's abandonment is next?

Maybe glass house?
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by jakesbaba: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
This is in good shape. Come to national stadium surulere. You may weep for Nigeria.
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Olukat(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
It's temporarily used for grazing now grin grin
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by BruncleZuma: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Chukazu:

The moment NFA realize they could budget money for Lagos stadium and still get offers for supper eagles matches to be played in CALABAR, Lagos stadium was effectively abandoned.

Lagos we moved to Abuja stadium and same NFA found a way to budget money to Abuja and still had overtures to play our games at Uyo,then came abandonment of Abuja.

I don't know who's abandonment is next?

Maybe glass house?

grin grin grin grin

Sharks Stadium
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Bigii(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
jaymejate:
Na wa ó... Nigeria na wa ó. All they Sabi use is that Imo stadium. That one go soon finish now just be looking.

This is a good structured stadium

We are talking stadium here not STATUE grin

Akwa Ibom stadium we know.

3 Likes

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by kokomilala(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
I won't change my position that ours is a wasted generation. In August,2006 three years after this stadium was opened I worked as a body guard for the Super 4 League. On one of those nights, I remember with vivid immediacy,I stood behind Austin Eguavon being interviewed by Supersport. The heavens had opened and the drops were glittering in the warmth of the floodlights that so lit up the stadium.For a moment, I thought I was in Europe.11 years on ,it has become a shadow of that beautiful edifice.Now it belongs in the annals of has beens.

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Eke40seven(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
We can't even maintain grass.
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by jaymejate: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
Bigii:

We are talking stadium here not STATUE grin

Akwa Ibom stadium we know.
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by MrBUN86(m): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
Is Nigeria not a disgrace of a country?
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by dieBYfire: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
NwaChibuzor:
Remember we are in dry season. There is insufficient vegetation to feed the cows of the fulanis . This will go a long way in feeding the official animals of the federal republic.

King of Savage
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by davibid: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
I don't believe it

It could be a media stunt
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by mrsaintman: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
U
NwaChibuzor:
Remember we are in dry season. There is insufficient vegetation to feed the cows of the fulanis . This will go a long way in feeding the official animals of the federal republic.
grin....yeye the smell
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by arowstev2000: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
dawete:
The national stadium is in katsins state till 2019. That why it is like that, it is the duty of Abuja to take of it.. not the sport mnistry

Please who's ur English Teacher

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by anonimi: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Sunofgod:
Grass cutting contract required...I can execute for 374.42 Million Naira (only).

Are you called Babachir?
Are you one of barawo bubu's 40 cabal thieves?
Are you a member of the All Poverty Congress, APC?
If you answer yes to all three, then the bogus corrupt contract is yours. cheesy

freeze001:
http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/25/resign-now-corrupt-aisha-yesuf%e2%80%8e-tells-buhari/

The co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls, BBOG, group, Aisha Yesufu, has reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter to the Senate on why he cannot sack and prosecute indicted Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir Lawal.

Recall that Babachir had been alleged to have diverted money meant to fight humanitarian crisis in the North East, and the senate had called for his arrest and prosecution.

But Buhari, on Monday had explained why he cannot honour the senate’s report calling for Lawal’s arrest, prosecution and sack.

In her reaction, Yesufu called out the President, saying the reason for his defense was because he was corrupt.

In a series of tweets on her Twitter handle‏@AishaYesufu , she called on Buhari to resign.

She tweeted: “Does the President need the senate to even sack d SGF? You must not only talk tough. You must act it.

“It’s surprisingly amazing. President Buhari that was using sachet of milk and beverage now carrying teapot in London. Wahala dey.

“I will rather die imprisoned for saying the truth than become Defender of the Corrupt like President Buhari.

“Democracy is not fraud. The win for me was that we changed a sitting government and we would again Insha Alla.

“If Pres Buhari @MBuhari has any shred of honour, character & integrity he should RESIGN. Enough of the damage that might last a generation.

“If President Buhari can clear someone that stole 200m from vulnerable IDPs in this type of recession, then imagine what he would have done in abundance.

“Either Babachir looted on behalf of Buhari or President Buhari has looted more and Babachir has evidence or PMB is going senile.

“In Nigeria when one is poor one is faceless, nameless and voiceless. President Buhari whom the poor supported massively just reaffirmed it.

“Rich Nigerians must get fair hearing. The rest can be lynched for whatever reason on the streets. Whatever you do, don’t be poor in Nigeria.

“In Nigeria it seems stealing is not crime. It’s stealing small amount or stealing while you are poor or with no connection that’s the crime.

“Rich Nigerians must get fair hearing. The rest can be lynched for whatever reason on the streets. Whatever you do, don’t be poor in Nigeria.

“And I would give up on it if you actually stood up for him.”

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by judedave181: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Kizyte:
God why you carry me put for this kind country na?
at times I ask myself same question why I am an African, every thing seems to be upside down in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by mrsaintman: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
Kizyte:
God why you carry me put for this kind country na?
grin....for you to make a (positive change)by contributing your ideals

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Tattooboy: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
I shook my head in pity while playing there last week.

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by markessien3: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
OH lawd what am i seeing undecided
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
that is what you have when a slow poke like solomon lalung heads the sport ministry in nigeria. all thanks to the dullard-in-chief of the zoo
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by zoedew: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
This is gross to say the least!
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Kbs468(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
247frolicboss:
The maintenance culture of Nigeria is so bad that it affects even the most sensitive parts of the country's affairs.

As shared by an Ex-FIFA Anti-Racism Task Force member, Osasu Obayiuwana, he questioned the culture of the Ministry's inability to take proper care of basic amenities that concerns sports in the country.

In his wrods:

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-appalling-state-of-nigerias.html

Nigeria's Maintenance culture relative to its vast National monuments and infrastructures is indeed nothing to write home about as the complaint about the unimpressive experiences relative to the assets identified as monuments have always been put off with a wave of hand while the promise of looking into has become rhetorical especially during the period that the Citizens are needed most at the polling Boots.

Again, like We had revealed before, Rather than thinking of devising other means of raising the revenue base bar by the way of diversification with proven and feasible indices of their tenability, Privatisation then became the highest level Code for the diversification drive that ended up seeing some of the said assets being sold off.

It's just so pathetic that African Leaders do not really cared genuinely for a change and better standards for their Citizens and their future.

Else how do One explain the situation where Leaders steal and embezzle the limited Common Wealth and take them oversea into foreign lands with the funds yielding for the beneficent while the same funds stashed away are being borrowed back into the continent with it attendant high interest rate that usually ended up not being able to get paid back within terms of trade.
At the end of the day, Such finds usually end up being a burden to most of the Nations of the content.

PROPHET TB JOSHUA

LOVELY UNITARY GOD
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by kings09(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
OyinO:
A dead Nation. Nothing is working except corruption, wastage, rights abuse, mismanagement, abuse of power and decadence.
python1 wont see dis. But if na southeast d stadium de, he wld hv bn shouting on top of his laptop voice

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Bizibi(m): 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
Jesu!!!!!!!!
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by herich(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Giant of Africa
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Jelal0007(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
NwaChibuzor:
Wow,a resounding round of applause 4 dis dude. U too get sense guy.

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
And Jonathan was there for years
Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by Bluffly: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
yanshDoctor:
as long as we keep practising this type of federal system of government no good can come out from Nigeria.

this is just to expose the level of decay in the system in every other section of the nation but visible and unvisible.
It is not the system of government but the people that needs change for the better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by jrusky(m): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
NwaChibuzor:

Yea after all cow and human are the owner of Abuja and Aso rock

1 Like

Re: The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) by seguno2: 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
Kaycee9242:
And Jonathan was there for years

Do you know what MAINTENANCE is?
Or do you need to go back to school to learn that?
Jonathan left almost three years ago, in case you have forgotten.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timothy Weah Signed To PSG (Photo) / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) / Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.