Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise (11844 Views)

Noise Pollution: Man Storms Neighboring Church With His Dogs To Warn Them (vid) / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Mirahcul: 9:28am On Dec 17, 2017
One mistake one could make is residing near a Church, mosque or an event centre...
One would be lucky to be sane during one's rent duration.
OP, I don't think you can do anything about it. Just consider moving out atleast you got yur sanity intact.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by freeman95(m): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2017
Haha
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by shoskid(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2017
Meet we the church for dialogue

Anyway Data, Airtime, Gift cards, betting account funds, Bitcoin with better rate
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by paroh137(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2017
celestialAgent:
That’s not a Church, but a nuisance.

My advice: Make a strict complaint to the church prime members. Should they refuse to respect your person, burn down the church undecided
lmao. My guy you dey vex o

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by hidhrhis(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2017
sorextee:
Abeg which time be ManU match?
If I give barca 1.5, is it safe?
if u don bet abeg send me Ur booking number
who noise and church epp

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by esthel(f): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2017
Ever heard of Nuisance, get a lawyer and sue them, the law provides you with a right to enjoy your land and property and where anyone interferes with this right you can go ahead to institute an action against them.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by akpunda86: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2017
My friend Christian or no christian,GO TO MINISTRY OF ENVIROMENT,UYO FILE YOUR REPORT AND THEY WILL WRITE TO THE CHURCH.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by echelons(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by dabeto: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2017
In Lagos state there is law regulating public noise and there is an agency that handles such complaints. Check if you have such law in your state and there's an agency handling that.
If there is one, report to agency for action. If there's none, form an advocacy group. Get a copy of what Lagos State has and present it to your state House of Assembly for them to adopt and enact it into law.
By your inconvenience, God might use you to solve the common problem of the people.
Caveat: if you have a road side recording studio as business and you position your speaker outside to attract customers, don't try it because the law will make you a victim grin

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by dultmax(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2017
i reported same case to the police last week, only for the police officer in charge to complain of same....he advised i go to the ministry of environment

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by talk2percy(m): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2017
Either u sue their ass or u devise a way u will distract them while they are at their normal noise making..bring ur speakers outside and high the volume that they will be forced to come and ask u to turn it down.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Afrokan(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

I am located at uyo, akwaibom and am staying besides a church that won't allow me rest in quiet.
Day and night, they have services which is not an issue to me.
THE PROBLEM IS, THEY HAVE A MEGAPHONE THAT MAKES LOADS OF NOISE KEEPING ME FROM SLEEP AND GIVING ME CONTINOUS HEADACHE as I can't sleep with all the noise.
I HAVE ASKED THEM TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME OR RELOCATE THE MEGAPHONE TO NO AVAIL.
I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND FEEL ITS WRONG TO INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE.
The first thing I look for when I want to buy or rent a flat is the presence of a church/mosque..... If I see any, I run

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by agarawu23(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2017
paroh137:
My guy, I learned this while living with my uncle. As you have warned them to stop and they don't want to hear, buy your own megaphone, a bigger one if you can. As them don start their noise, you sef play Olamide's Wo and Small Doctor's Penalty on repeat, make them go call police. I've come to conclusion that Nigerians are mad from birth. You have to treat their madness with madness, forget being a Christian. Your sanity is more important, because I assure you one day you'll run mad if you keep doing this to yourself.
good advice. grin
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Kaycee9242(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2017
Some of dem hold vigils every night and yet we still av evil ppl everywhere coz dy don't preach salvation again. If u av d mind pour dem hot water
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Amajerry83(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2017
There is. He should get the police to talk to the church leaders.

Kobicove:

I don't think there's anything the police in Nigeria can do about this matter
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by sorextee(m): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2017
67gmzr6
U can edit to ur taste sha

hidhrhis:

if u don bet abeg send me Ur booking number
who noise and church epp
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by shejane: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2017
Honestly is so annoying. Especially if is fire fire church. Happening to me now.

I pity my little baby that is sleeping
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by safarigirl(f): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2017
KingLennon:
If am not mistaken, the church was there before you parked in. So get use to it just like your co-tenants have done too.
this is like sayinh:

Slavery existed before a person was born, so he should get used to it like the other slaves have

People should not be made to get used to inconveniences. I cannot be paying house rent and a bunch of noise makers will be disturbing my peace in the name of Church.

8 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by gafarolabisi2(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2017
what you are experiencing is refer to as Tort of Nuisance in law and it is actionable per se. However, certain elements will need to be considered: The Location of the church, weather the church is located in a residential area or a remote or public place where noisy activities are allow. Another element to considered is weather the church has been in the place before your house. If the aforementioned conditions are in your favoured, then you have every right to complain. What you need to do is to write them officially and tell them how their activities are constituting disturbance and inconvenient to your right of private enjoyment. If they refuse to change, then go get a court injunction and serve them.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by muller101(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2017
Burn down the church
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Heavance(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
paroh137:
My guy, I learned this while living with my uncle. As you have warned them to stop and they don't want to hear, buy your own megaphone, a bigger one if you can. As them don start their noise, you sef play Olamide's Wo and Small Doctor's Penalty on repeat, make them go call police. I've come to conclusion that Nigerians are mad from birth. You have to treat their madness with madness, forget being a Christian. Your sanity is more important, because I assure you one day you'll run mad if you keep doing this to yourself.
Terry G till day break, and Damoche track go do am for one week sef...

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2017
My own question is this. Since everyone has a right to religion, and churches feel it is right for them to use big megaphone to disturb the neighborhood at night and yet people living in the neighborhood won't complain. So what will happen if a traditionalist also decides to carry out his own meeting at night and puts a megaphone in front of his shrine and start making all the eriwooo yaaa, Aya gbo aya to Aya je Aya mu... Eyin iya mi oshoronga with all Bata drums. I'm sure people in the neighborhood won't sleep. But if there's nothing wrong in churches using their night vigils to disturb, I see nothing wrong in that either.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by smulti(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2017
shurley22:
Lmfao.... You better inform the police anonymously.. Otherwise, try and get used to the noise..
why anonymously ? .
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by hmohammed(m): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2017
KingLennon:
If am not mistaken, the church was there before you parked in. So get use to it just like your co-tenants have done too.

Ode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by uboma(m): 10:27am On Dec 17, 2017
paroh137:

I will try this when next I am home and cannot get some peace and quietness.

For me, the annoying part is when they start disturbing the neighbourhood as early as 4am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by otokx(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2017
getfemmy:
U don't have any choice than to report the issue to the police. It's either they relocate or change the direction of their megaphone. I still prefer u report to the police Sha!!!

Nigerian police will show you signs and wonders, truth is Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. If it is your personal house then get a lawyer to write to the church, if its rented just start looking for another house to move to.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by miraclear: 10:31am On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

I am located at uyo, akwaibom and am staying besides a church that won't allow me rest in quiet.
THE PROBLEM IS, THEY HAVE A MEGAPHONE THAT MAKES LOADS OF NOISE KEEPING ME FROM SLEEP AND GIVING ME CONTINOUS HEADACHE as I can't sleep with all the noise.
I HAVE ASKED THEM TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME OR RELOCATE THE MEGAPHONE TO NO AVAIL.
I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND FEEL ITS WRONG TO INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE.

RELOCATE, THE WORK OF GOD MUST BE DONE....YOU SHOULD FIND ANOTHER HOUSE IN ANOTHER NEIGHBOURHOOD....SINCE YOU DONT WANT THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO BE UR NEIGHBOUR, OK.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by otokx(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2017
Nigeria is full of heat, dirt and noise.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by smulti(m): 10:33am On Dec 17, 2017
KingLennon:

what are the basic teachings of Christian religion when the complaints of your neighbor fails on deaf ear
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
You simply counter noise, with more noise...... Get the best megaphone or speaker, and continuously blast secular music......
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by shurley22(f): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
smulti:

why anonymously ?

Well since Op already sees it as bad to report to the police as he's a "Christian"
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Reader1988: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=calabaman post=63334018]Dear All,

Please no bashing!

I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND FEEL ITS WRONG TO INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE.[/quote
One terrorist from another Religion advised you to burn down the church. In the north, neighbouring mosques use massive loud speakers from 3 a.m. If it's north even heavy military barracks can't stop them. If Muslims block road during prayers and nobody complains . I suggest the church should use more heavy microphone too. I am a Hausa Christian from Kano.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss / Eternal Security : A Believer's Assurance Of Salvation - Ralph Yankee Arnold / Astrology, Zodiac Signs And Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.