Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

In The Beginning There Was An End. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Beginning There Was An End. (9887 Views)

What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / The World's Pain Is Coming To An End Soon / Is The World Really About To Come To An End? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
MizMyColi:
Okay, it's clearer now that you mention "The middle"

I'm aware that the garden was filled with all kinds of trees.
Isn't it interesting that,
we know what these trees are
and that they are identified as prominently placed in the centre of the garden

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Isn't it interesting that,
we know what these trees are
and that they are identified as prominently placed in the centre of the garden

yes, it's interesting, and illuminating in some way.

2 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
MizMyColi:
yes, it's interesting,
and illuminating in some way.
Makes you wonder, doesnt it,
about why wasn't the other tree tucked away in a corner of the garden, that's out of sight and where few people will easily stumble upon on it
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Makes you wonder, doesnt it,
about why wasn't the other tree tucked away in a corner of the garden, that's out of sight and where few people will easily stumble upon on it

Exactly.
That led me to query if man has an inherent disobedient nature....maybe inherently curious fits more aptly.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
MizMyColi:
Exactly.
That led me to query if man has an inherent disobedient nature....maybe inherently curious fits more aptly.
Recall, I previously posited, it's strongly evident, that there were "situation problems"

and that the "situation problems" encouraged the Godhead to propose creative efforts to solve them

The creation of Man, is the lead part of the solution,
not just only to solving the "situation problems"
but also to meet a vacuum that needed replaced or filled back in

I also said, Man is NOT happenstance, rather is the product of a well-thought-out plan
hence the earlier reference or use of necessity is the mother of invention

Pardon me, once I start nattering, it takes a lot of effort to check myself and stop.

So cycling back to your query, about if man has an inherent disobedient nature....
maybe inherently curious fits more aptly.
My reply to that is, possibly, the proof of the pudding is in the eating

We really ought to examine Genesis 2:9 properly.
Notice that "pleasing to the eyes and good for food" aren't attributes exclusive to the tree of good and evil only. They applied to all the other trees too

Curious to see if you will attempt to answer the same question I asked Sarassin and LoJ above.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Recall, I previously posited, it's strongly evident, that there were "situation problems"

and that the "situation problems" encouraged the Godhead to propose creative efforts to solve them

The creation of Man, is the lead part of the solution,
not just only to solving the "situation problems"
but also to meet a vacuum that needed replaced or filled back in

I also said, Man is NOT happenstance, rather is the product of a well-thought-out plan
hence the earlier reference or use of necessity is the mother of invention

Pardon me, once I start nattering, it takes a lot of effort to check myself and stop.

So cycling back to your query, about if man has an inherent disobedient nature....
maybe inherently curious fits more aptly.
My reply to that is, possibly, the proof of the pudding is in the eating

We really ought to examine Genesis 2:9 properly.
Notice that "pleasing to the eyes and good for food" aren't attributes exclusive to the tree of good and evil only. They applied to all the other trees too

Curious to see if you will attempt to answer the same question I asked Sarassin and LoJ above.

Oh, what was it about again?

Speaking about situation problems, what could this possibly be?

So, do we now conclude that God knew Man would eat of the forbidden tree, and he looked the other way because it was a "necessary evil" to balance things out in the grand scheme of things?
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
MizMyColi:
Oh, what was it about again?
Give a brutal and honest binary Yes or No answer
alternatively go for the "I cant possibly tell you/I dont know, I wouldn't know" easier optional answer

Here's the question:
Knowing yourself, knowing who you are, knowing who you be, knowing what you are
if you, for sake of a discussion, at the beginning, you were to be the Omnipotent and Omniscient
and having gone through all the permutations of eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil
will you, still go ahead with the idea of creating Man?

MizMyColi:
Speaking about situation problems, what could this possibly be?
Have a guess

MizMyColi:
So, do we now conclude that God knew Man would eat of the forbidden tree, and he looked the other way because it was a "necessary evil" to balance things out in the grand scheme of things?
I will but just not now, won't respond to all these yet
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Give a brutal and honest binary Yes or No answer
alternatively go for the "I cant possibly tell you/I dont know, I wouldn't know" easier optional answer

Here's the question:
Knowing yourself, knowing who you are, knowing who you be, knowing what you are
if you, for sake of a discussion, at the beginning, you were to be the Omnipotent and Omniscient
and having gone through all the permutations of eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil
will you, still go ahead with the idea of creating Man?

Have a guess

I will but just not now, won't respond to all these yet

Oh, Yes I would, I am the grand master of all creation.
Surely there's got to be a plan up my sleeve to reconcile all men to their pure state in divinity.

I am clueless

Okay, you should take your time.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by chieveboy(m): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I didn't in the remotest misunderstand you.

I believe strongly the Creator is solving a problem

Humans are NOT happenstance, hence the earlier necessity is the mother of invention.

The Creator IS NOT experimenting with humans
Humans are part of the solution package
Two for the price of one.

Sorry to happen on you.
Actually Human beings are a result of an experiment indeed.
This time; Yes, we are part of the solution package...solution for the broadening of
the boundary of experiential possibilities available to inhabitants of he human cargo in time...and space. Thanks

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Elthugnificent(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
LotusFan:
A very promising thread indeed.

A while ago i asked myself the simple question, "Why am i here?" and something came to Me, a very simple answer ....You're here to have experiences.
Experience for the next life I guess?

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You're making it sound like it is an elaborate edit
The pressure of time made me mistype a carefully thought out remark
My mind conveyed "I was talking of those body jerking movement moments, even after death"
but my finger typed "I wasn't talking of those body jerking movement moments, even after death"

Correcting wasn't to was was the edit

My apologies dear friend, I was not in fact referring to the slight alteration you made earlier, it simply transpired that I had not seen/read the subsequent paragraph beneath it and I simply assumed it had been added on later, the error is entirely mine.

MuttleyLaff:

“get-out” clause indeed
You know me better than throwing an underhand ball
You almost made me bring up the look-at-you Idi Amin laughing gif with this your laughable “get-out” clause line

Then God said,
"Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness .
They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth,
and the creatures that crawl on the earth.

- Genesis 1:26

Man was created in the image of the Godhood,
so Sarassin, in effect, Man is a visible representation of the impression of the Godhood
The likeness is continuum. Why is it continuum?
It is continuum because Man, out of the box, was not made perfect, like God is
Man, was created and set on a journey to perfection

Man, is an innovation of the Godhood
Genesis 1:26, as regards to intent, tells everything, we need to know

God looked at everything
Looked at all His creation and saw that the stage is set
so therefore declared, very good.
We're good to go, we're ready for action
Let the action begin!
Let's see man faithfully reflect or give a true picture of the Godhood

Trust me, if you manage to locate, a good vantage point, you quite easily could see it that way

Aaargh please ...not old Idi Amin...

Anyways. I think you gave it a good stab, but for me, it is necessary to move away from the confines of biblical interpretations in order to have a deeper understanding of what the “Tree of Life” is and what it stood for. From my point of view the Genesis creation monologue is “creation dumbed down” that is “creation for dummies” it is simplistic and intended to convey as little as possible and even the little that is conveyed is grossly misunderstood.

The Hebrew Tree of Life is a mystical symbol within esoteric Judaism used to describe the path to God. It is an arrangement of ten interconnected spheres (each known as sephiroth), they represent the main charted system of the Jewish Qabalistic tradition or Jewish cosmology if you will. Only one of the ten spheres of the Tree of Life represents the physical existence that we can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.

as I mentioned before, the Tree of life is considered to be a map of the universe, as well as the psyche, the order of the creation of the Universe, (defined through the Ten words of creation) and a path to spiritual illumination. But it does not end there, the Tree of life apart from describing the physical universe also goes on to give us Man’s place in the great scheme of things, and because Man is composed of mind and consciousness, Man is positioned as the fruit of the physical world, through whom the original infinite Divine God can experience and express itself as a finite entity.

The Tree of Life is an ancient symbol, still used by different races and cultures. For thousands of years, people everywhere have revered trees as a source of spiritual sustenance. From the esoteric traditions of the people of the Caucasus who claim that their shamans gestate on treetops, to the Buddhists, who contend that the Lord Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree, the imagery of trees figuratively served as an anchor for spiritual work.

Christianity is alone in the ridiculous contention that the Divine cast its creation from its own presence.

Once we know full well what we are referring to as the "Tree of Life" then everything else should fall into place. Man was created perfect for Divine purpose. The Tree of Life blooms in the centre of the mystical garden of Eden, it functions as the organiser for all spiritual navigators, who can use its ever-present power to improve their lives and climb their way closer to Divine presence. For instance, to engender beauty in our lives it is necessary only to chant the name of God for Beauty- Yod Hay Vav Hay Eloah Va Dat.

Through the Tree of Life, Man (and Woman) come to realisation of oneself and the universe as an expression of God, and to commence the journey of return by stages charted by the Sephiroth, until Man is one with the Divine.

This is what we are told in the Book of Splendour.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 6:32am On Dec 19, 2017
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

kiss
Sarassin:

My apologies dear friend, I was not in fact referring to the slight alteration you made earlier, it simply transpired that I had not seen/read the subsequent paragraph beneath it and I simply assumed it had been added on later, the error is entirely mine.

Anyways. I think you gave it a good stab, but for me, it is necessary to move away from the confines of biblical interpretations in order to have a deeper understanding of what the “Tree of Life” is and what it stood for. From my point of view the Genesis creation monologue is “creation dumbed down” that is “creation for dummies” it is simplistic and intended to convey as little as possible and even the little that is conveyed is grossly misunderstood.

The Hebrew Tree of Life is a mystical symbol within esoteric Judaism used to describe the path to God. It is an arrangement of ten interconnected spheres (each known as sephiroth), they represent the main charted system of the Jewish Qabalistic tradition or Jewish cosmology if you will. Only one of the ten spheres of the Tree of Life represents the physical existence that we can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.

as I mentioned before, the Tree of life is considered to be a map of the universe, as well as the psyche, the order of the creation of the Universe, (defined through the Ten words of creation) and a path to spiritual illumination. But it does not end there, the Tree of life apart from describing the physical universe also goes on to give us Man’s place in the great scheme of things, and because Man is composed of mind and consciousness, Man is positioned as the fruit of the physical world, through whom the original infinite Divine God can experience and express itself as a finite entity.

The Tree of Life is an ancient symbol, still used by different races and cultures. For thousands of years, people everywhere have revered trees as a source of spiritual sustenance. From the esoteric traditions of the people of the Caucasus who claim that their shamans gestate on treetops, to the Buddhists, who contend that the Lord Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree, the imagery of trees figuratively served as an anchor for spiritual work.

Christianity is alone in the ridiculous contention that the Divine cast its creation from its own presence.

Once we know full well what we are referring to as the "Tree of Life" then everything else should fall into place. Man was created perfect for Divine purpose. The Tree of Life blooms in the centre of the mystical garden of Eden, it functions as the organiser for all spiritual navigators, who can use its ever-present power to improve their lives and climb their way closer to Divine presence. For instance, to engender beauty in our lives it is necessary only to chant the name of God for Beauty- Yod Hay Vav Hay Eloah Va Dat.

Through the Tree of Life, Man (and Woman) come to realisation of oneself and the universe as an expression of God, and to commence the journey of return by stages charted by the Sephiroth, until Man is one with the Divine.

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Saverin: 7:08am On Dec 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Just bought this plot of land

Oga Landlord, you have been buying land anyhow. Any problem?

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2017
MizMyColi:
Oh, Yes I would...
MizMyColi, the "Oh, Yes I would" response,
notched up the platonic love I have for you

MizMyColi:
I am the grand master of all creation.
Surely there's got to be a plan up my sleeve to reconcile all men to their pure state in divinity.
and what have you achieved by reconciling all men to their pure state in divinity with this plan?
What all along, was the purpose of the plan then?

MizMyColi:
I am clueless
Maybe just at the moment you are
but I dont think, it'll be for long
I love questioning, as you can see, from the last two above

MizMyColi:
Okay, you should take your time.
Thanks but taking my time wasnt necessary
I didnt want then, before I know how you answered or replied to the question, give a response.

Now back to:
"So, do we now conclude that God knew Man would eat of the forbidden tree,
and He looked the other way because it was a "necessary evil" to balance things out in the grand scheme of things?
"
- © MizMyColi

MizMyColi, are examinations "necessary evils"?
Also remember that the Examiner/Teacher/Lecturer is always quiet in the exam hall during an examination.

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2017
Sarassin:
My apologies dear friend, I was not in fact referring to the slight alteration you made earlier,

it simply transpired that I had not seen/read the subsequent paragraph beneath it
Try sweeping a finger along posts, next time, as you read them, should fix that

Sarassin:
and I simply assumed it had been added on later, the error is entirely mine
"added on later" isnt edit then, that will be addendum
Edit would be change(s) made with the intention of producing a correct and accurate work
e.g. editing "was" to "wasnt"

Sarassin:
grin grin grin

Sarassin:
Anyways. I think you gave it a good stab,
but for me, it is necessary to move away
from the confines of biblical interpretations in order to have a deeper understanding of what the “Tree of Life” is and what it stood for.
I know I can rely on you, to give more than a stab and leave the knife sticking halfway out after you're done grin grin grin ;
but your attention, always, is exclusively directed ONLY to the "Tree of Life"
as you pay, hardly at all, any attention to the "Tree of knowledge of good and evil"
Is it because you think the "Tree of knowledge of good and evil" is off the subject and that so, irrelevant?

Sarassin:
From my point of view
the Genesis creation monologue is “creation dumbed down” that is “creation for dummies”
it is simplistic and intended to convey as little as possible
and even the little that is conveyed is grossly misunderstood
I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food,
because you weren't ready for anything stronger.
And you still aren't ready

- 1 Corinthians 3:2

There is nothing wrong with the simplistic approach
considering the intention is to present non-intimidating entry-level introductory guides

"...intended to convey as little as possible" is a 1 Corinthians 3:2 safeguarding or precautionary measure(s)

Sarassin:
The Hebrew Tree of Life is a mystical symbol within esoteric Judaism used to describe the path to God.
It is an arrangement of ten interconnected spheres (each known as sephiroth),
they represent the main charted system of the Jewish Qabalistic tradition or Jewish cosmology if you will.
Only one of the ten spheres of the Tree of Life represents the physical existence that we can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.

as I mentioned before, the Tree of life is considered to be a map of the universe,
as well as the psyche, the order of the creation of the Universe, (defined through the Ten words of creation) and a path to spiritual illumination.
But it does not end there, the Tree of life apart from describing the physical universe also goes on to give us Man’s place in the great scheme of things, and because Man is composed of mind and consciousness,
Man is positioned as the fruit of the physical world, through whom the original infinite Divine God can experience and express itself as a finite entity.

The Tree of Life is an ancient symbol, still used by different races and cultures.
For thousands of years, people everywhere have revered trees as a source of spiritual sustenance.
From the esoteric traditions of the people of the Caucasus who claim that their shamans gestate on treetops,
to the Buddhists, who contend that the Lord Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree,
the imagery of trees figuratively served as an anchor for spiritual work.

Once we know full well what we are referring to as the "Tree of Life" then everything else should fall into place.
Man was created perfect for Divine purpose.
The Tree of Life blooms in the centre of the mystical garden of Eden,
it functions as the organiser for all spiritual navigators, who can use its ever-present power to improve their lives
and climb their way closer to Divine presence.
For instance, to engender beauty in our lives it is necessary only to chant the name of God for Beauty
- Yod Hay Vav Hay Eloah Va Dat.

Through the Tree of Life, Man (and Woman) come to realisation of oneself and the universe as an expression of God,
and to commence the journey of return by stages charted by the Sephiroth, until Man is one with the Divine.

In the midst of the street of it,
and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life,
which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month:
and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations

- Revelation 22:2

Man was created perfect, allegedly by Sarassin, for Divine purpose.
Agreed that the Divine purpose is to resolve a "situation problems"
but what is the guarantee that man really is or was created "perfect" for the Divine purpose to resolve a "situation problems"
and ultimately meet a need to fill back a vaccum?
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Saverin: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2017
In my own opinion, there is no beginning and there is no end. What you have is a cycle from infinity to infinity.

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

MizMyColi, the "Oh, Yes I would" response,
notched up the platonic love I have for you

I'm surprised!
cheesy

and what have you achieved by reconciling all men to their pure state in divinity with this plan?
What all along, was the purpose of the plan then?

That as I really am, so they'll be.
and no, while I have the power to make them conform, I'd rather they reach my Godhood through series of events and experiences which might not necessarily be accomplished in a lifetime or more.

Maybe just at the moment you are
but I dont think, it'll be for long
I love questioning, as you can see, from the last two above

Well, truly.
Sarassin's last post on the thread makes the whole allegorical story of creation more digestible.

Thanks but taking my time wasnt necessary
I didnt want then, before I know how you answered or replied to the question, give a response.

Oh, but I have, right?

Now back to:
"So, do we now conclude that God knew Man would eat of the forbidden tree,
and He looked the other way because it was a "necessary evil" to balance things out in the grand scheme of things?
"
- © MizMyColi

MizMyColi, are examinations "necessary evils"?
Also remember that the Examiner/Teacher/Lecturer is always quiet in the exam hall during an examination.

Okay, it's making more sense now.
But then, to what end really?
I guess it's not in our place to know, yeah?

Oh, about the curses part...well, now that I think of it, he might not necessarily have cursed them. it just might be that those pronouncements he made (crush your heel, smite its head, toil the land, pain in childbirth) were a result, should I say consequence now, of the choice man made.

So he is to experience both polarities but in the long run be transformed to his truest, realest nature - which is of the light.

Wait, what am I even saying sefgrin

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Yujiz(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2017
Lots of intelligent folks on here....
U all deserve statues of ur own.

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by analize701: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

"added on later" isnt edit then, that will be addendum
Edit would be change(s) made with the intention of producing a correct and accurate work
e.g. editing "was" to "wasnt"

grin grin grin

I know I can rely on you, to give more than a stab and leave the knife sticking halfway out after you're done grin grin grin ;
as you pay, hardly at all, any attention to the "Tree of knowledge of good and evil"
Is it because you think the "Tree of knowledge of good and evil" is off the subject and that so, irrelevant?

I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food,
because you weren't ready for anything stronger.
And you still aren't ready

- 1 Corinthians 3:2

There is nothing wrong with the simplistic approach
considering the intention is to present non-intimidating entry-level introductory guides

"...intended to convey as little as possible" is a 1 Corinthians 3:2 safeguarding or precautionary measure(s)

In the midst of the street of it,
and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life,
which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month:
and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations

- Revelation 22:2

Man was created perfect, allegedly by Sarassin, for Divine purpose.
Agreed that the Divine purpose is to resolve a "situation problems"
but what is the guarantee that man really has or was created "perfect" for the Divine purpose to resolve a "situation problems"
If you were a Lecturer, no student will fail your course. So analytical.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Ouch!
MuttleyLaff:

At least you can sleep easy in the knowledge that the stab would be in the front and not in the back, and that unlike those of Brutus and Publius Casca, my stab would be the kindest cut of all grin grin

MuttleyLaff:

No, it is because the “Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil” is an obvious afterthought by the compilers of Genesis. If we accept that we are dealing with imagery and symbolisms and not actual “planted trees” then either “Tree” would interchangeably suffice.

MuttleyLaff:

There is nothing wrong with the simplistic approach considering the intention is to present non-intimidating entry-level introductory guides
The problem with the “simplistic approach” is that you get people running around believing that a serpent actually persuaded Eve to eat a fruit from a real tree and thereby precipitating the Fall of man.

MuttleyLaff:

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations- Revelation 22:2
This is a good example of why “Jews of the diaspora” should never write Gospels and Apocalypses, they rarely knew what they were writing about. It is clear to see that the author of the Apocalypse of John has tried to link the branches of the “Tree of Life” to the twelve tribes of Israel. It is a spurious connection and in any event the Books of Genesis and Revelation are not homogeneously written.

MuttleyLaff:

Man was created perfect, allegedly by Sarassin, for Divine purpose. Agreed that the Divine purpose is to resolve a "situation problems"
but what is the guarantee that man really is or was created "perfect" for the Divine purpose to resolve a "situation problems"

Nothing is agreed. The “situation problem” is entirely of your own making. Nothing is alleged about Man’s perfect creation for Divine purpose, and nature abhors a vacuum. It is implicit that Man is a vehicle for the Infinite to experience the Finite. How else does one understand the sacrifice of Jesus of Nazareth? my proof is the pathway of the return journey to the Divine which I am sure you have already guessed…is the “Tree of Life”.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
it is a pleasure to read the many exchanges in this here platform. I thank all the posters for their sagacity.

Shall we ponder on the topic: What is magick?

Everyone talks about magic in one way or the other, some positively and others less so. I believe with the popularity of Nigerian movies, magic has acquired a more pejorative connotation. It is indeed intriguing that Africans may be the only people that portray its priest and warriors negatively, and constantly conquered by the priests of another people/civilization (pastors and co). I happened to watch the Ip man series and the Chinese always display their warriors/priests as having superior or at worst equal abilities than their foreign counterparts... in Nollywood, reverse is the case. Babalawos are constantly defeated by loud speaking heroic pastors. undecided

But I digress.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
According to Merriam Webster Dictionary, Magic is:

- the use of means (such as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces -

It seems that for most people, magic is all about using various rituals to control a supernatural force. Although I would agree with the veracity of this assertion, I tend to believe this depiction is a limitation of the essence of what magic is. First of all because the difference between supernatural and natural lies solely in the ignorance of the beholder.

Indeed it is the ignorance of the villager that makes him believe that it takes supernatural abilities to make a plane fly, whereas it is simply the understanding and correct application of physical laws that renders a Flight possible. The frontier between normal and abnormal is fixed in the mind of he that analyses things, but has no independent factual reality.

Then comes the issue of spells and rituals. I have often searched to understand if some of the spells and incantations that accompany a particular practice, say an invocation, are meant for the entity being called upon, or for the one that call him. Let's take the example of the Hail mary, well known to most.

- Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen -

Does Mary really need to hear you proclaim this a specified number of time before she intervenes, or could it be that, this prayer repeated the required number of time, is rather meant to induce you into a state of mind that will prepare you to encounter her or have your prayer answered?

5 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
I think it now appears that rituals are not only meant to reach out to an invoked deity/entity but help the practitioner get into a suitable state of altered consciousness.

This does not still answer the fundamental question: What is Magick?

I received the answer to this question from an entity that spoke to me, once in meditation. I will transcribe part of what he said as best as I can:

"never forget that learning Magick is learning to be a Master. Master over circumstances, Master over situations".

If it is anything to go by, Magick is the art of being self fulfilled and able to impose your view and your will on the external circumstances surrounding you.

3 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hi LoJ
smiley

Let's talk about Mary, shall we?

Have you experienced her?
If yes, please share.

If no, might I ask what you know about her from others' experience?

I was raised Catholic.
At the time, it was okay to pray through her, for intercession and all.
Then I delved into Pentecostalism, and it just didn't feel right anymore.

However, lately, I reconsider the stance I took.

So now I ask to gain further, possibly, better perspective.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 21, 2017
MizMyColi:
So now I ask to gain further, possibly, better perspective.

I have never been a catholic, and never had to perform any prayer to Mary. However I think the purest form of Christianity is catholicism and I will explain why.

The original church is the catholic church. All other movements proceeded out of it usually because of ideological and political divergences. It can be noted that all the movement that came out of the catholic church ultimately imitated and reproduced the very things they criticized the catholic church of doing.

The catholic church, being the oldest, detains much more information about the true life and teachings of Jesus, the disciples, as well as a great reliable spiritual knowledge. I am not saying the catholic is perfect, since any movement can't greater than the sum of its adherents. In times of great decadence, the church is also inevitably affected.

Still, what I am saying is that, a pertinent study of the catholic spirituality wealth would show that they well advanced in comparison to its children churches, and the number of great catholic mystics is a sure confirmation of this fact.

Now, at some point the catholics wished to reintroduced ancient truth to its religion, while at the same time not losing its supremacy and claimed divine preference. So many known rituals and worship methods of the past were introduced into christianity using disguised names. I believe it is in this context that the Mary cult was developped and proposed.

In my opinion Holy mary is simply the ancient worship of the feminine aspect of the divine (the mother of mercy and compassion) made compatible with christianity.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Your answer is satisfactory, and I have gleaned some of the things you wrote. It makes sense to me now, better sense.

Still, I'd like to ask...

From your previous posts, I observed that you have encountered The Mother.

Would you mind telling us about her, what she stands for etc etc
smiley

Is she known as The Mother worldwide?
Or are there places she might be known as Adannaya? tongue tongue etc etc?

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Oil dey your head.
LoJ:

I have never been a catholic, and never had to perform any prayer to Mary. However I think the purest form of Christianity is catholicism and I will explain why.

The original church is the catholic church. All other movements proceeded out of it usually because of ideological and political divergences. It can be noted that all the movement that came out of the catholic church ultimately imitated and reproduced the very things they criticized the catholic church of doing.

The catholic church, being the oldest, detains much more information about the true life and teachings of Jesus, the disciples, as well as a great reliable spiritual knowledge. I am not saying the catholic is perfect, since any movement can't greater than the sum of its adherents. In times of great decadence, the church is also inevitably affected.

Still, what I am saying is that, a pertinent study of the catholic spirituality wealth would show that they well advanced in comparison to its children churches, and the number of great catholic mystics is a sure confirmation of this fact.

Now, at some point the catholics wished to reintroduced ancient truth to its religion, while at the same time not losing its supremacy and claimed divine preference. So many known rituals and worship methods of the past were introduced into christianity using disguised names. I believe it is in this context that the Mary cult was developped and proposed.

In my opinion Holy mary is simply the ancient worship of the feminine aspect of the divine (the mother of mercy and compassion) made compatible with christianity.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Oil dey your head.
I do not understand. Is it an insult? a remark? Sorry I am not nigerian, I am not familiar with the culture.

Greetings smiley
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
It means you are intelligent.
LoJ:

I do not understand. Is it an insult? a remark? Sorry I am not nigerian, I am not familiar with the culture.

Greetings smiley

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
MizMyColi:
From your previous posts, I observed that you have encountered The Mother.

Would you mind telling us about her, what she stands for etc etc
smiley

Is she known as The Mother worldwide?
Or are there places she might be known as Adannaya? tongue tongue etc etc?
Hello dear,

indeed I have had quite a few dealings with her. "The Mother" is a term given to her by some practitioners, as she is better understood as the embodiment of Motherhood. But it is not a universal name. She has been revealed and known to virtually all the cultures of the earth under various names and titles, ranging from mother earth, Gaia, the Turtle, Isis, etc. It is perhaps one of the oldest spiritual practice common to all regions of the earth.

Interestingly, during one of the major encounters I had with her, she revealed to me that ancient people in my native tribe used to know her under a specific name. She gave me the name, and I went to carry out research. Since I did not really grew up in africa, I had no clue about that name, nor its significance. I asked to old and knowledgeable people from my native tribe about that name, what it signifies and the implications of it all.

They confirmed to me that it was a sacred name, and told me the mystery tied to that name.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
It means you are intelligent.
Ohh thank you. I also believe you are quite an astute person.

Greetings smiley

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
LoJ:
Ohh thank you. I also believe you are quite an astute person.
Greetings smiley
Thank you, greetings and compliments of the season to you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bible Disguised As The Quran To See How People React. / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? / What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.