Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,055 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:09 AM

Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories (34321 Views)

Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by safarigirl(f): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2017
bughead:
nope!

You shall identify demons by there word and what there preach!

Catholic only talk about Mary while Jesus said no one come through the father except through me!

Why will I come through mother of Mary and be wearing Mary status charms for protection? cry

This is the most ignorant statement I have seen today undecided

Congratulations smiley

3 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2017
NarnieSnyper:

Bro, u are not alone on this. I asked a colleague why Catholics prays to Mary's statue, he couldn't gimme a direct answer, kept blabbing nonsense.

I asked questions like "if Adam and Eve were the first set of people on earth, how come we have negroes, Caucasians, Mongoloids and all that......I was told to just have faith and believe......after that day, I stopped seeing Christianity the way it is. I don't know about Islam though.

I am not an atheist but I am beginning to question the word " Religion", Since we have over 1000 ways which the earth came to be
Islam and Christianity are both jokes

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by HajimeSaito(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Nobody need to swear an oath because non Christians aren't bigots that will derail threads as it's obvious right here. Same can't be said if it were the other way round

Yeah right.

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by HajimeSaito(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
Islam and Christianity are both jokes

Really?

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hopefulLandlord: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2017
bughead:
believe weti you won believe but when the end time come!

You will go back to this post of yours an cry!

Patch out!
its you that'll cry when you stand in front of Allah while explaining why you rejected his final message to humanity

What are *you* going to say when you stand before the almighty Cthulhu at the end of days, facing the wheel of judgement , for attempting to convert followers to the false god YHWH Hmmm?

When the darkness of hela , daughter of loki , torments you day and night as you cry out in agony for your crimes against artemis the almighty? Hmmm? Hmmm?

Retrace your step to Amun-Ra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by HajimeSaito(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2017
OKOOMOGE:
Children of hate practice your religion and let me practice mine. Quran chapter 2 verse 256 says "There is no compulsion in religion". Islam is my religion. Islam is my way of life. And I am proud to be a Muslim.

Really?

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by nkwuocha: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2017
Islam is a demonic religion and it takes the grace of God to completely be free from condemnation for those who choose to leave it.I used to have a female colleague from kogi who left the religion, she was octracized by her family and husband's family. Her husband finally divorced her.She is still strong in her new faith, vibrant and loyal to God.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Jibabs2(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Hu a<<<< This is what i wrote in order to save space... Lol. In order for the thousands of people that will open this tread to see it, not to reply but to maybe get enlightenment.
1.Do you guys that insult others religion think you're doing the right thing? Or do you really think it is funny?
2. This shows the ease through which fear mongering and warmongering rethorics has subtly been leveled in this our counter culture society.
3. Nairaland isn't been biased in any way, but they chose to put what you all see on Islamic threads bcus they know the hate from you people that say shit is just too much. And i know they will start insulting others under just observe.
4. Where i come from, where i live ,where i school has taught me that everyone is the same and only a lunatic will find joy in bashing other people.
5. Don't ever tag the billions of Muslims as bad people because of the actions of less than 1% of them. Chai isn't that disheartening?.
6. You will notice that most Muslims ignore the hate comments towards them bcus that's what the religion is all about (peace)
7. I am a Muslim and if i do something bad tomorrow PLEASE don't look at my religion or tribe to judge me. Judge me for what i did, as a bad person I've been.
8. THIS IS NIGERIA A DIVERSED NATION, WE MARRY EACH OTHER, DATE EACH OTHER, LOOT TOGETHER, WE LIVE TOGETHER. SO LET US NOT COME OVER HERE AND TEAR EACH OTHER APART.
U make sense

7 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
a lot like the noah’s Ark, Elijah and the chariot of fire, Jesus ascending to heaven

Mohammed dividing the moon into two

You're right about the science of both religions. But here is the differences the stories of the old testaments are allegorical to teach morality to a tribe trying to survive harsh desert conditions while surrounded by hostile neighbors. The old testament is not the word of God but the men who wrote it were inspired by Him.

Christianity is the imitation of Christ. Pure and simple. And in that you will find no errors.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
HajimeSaito:

Yeah right.

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by jamesibor: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

To every Muslim converted to Christianity, 100 more are ready to replace him.

'La ikraha fid din' (no compulsion in religion)

This is my contribution

Quote me and get neglected

Islam is the world's fastest growing religion not because of converts but because of uncontrolled birth rate in most Islamic regions of the world and migration.

3 Likes

HajimeSaito:

Yeah right.

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by HajimeSaito(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

To every Muslim converted to Christianity, 100 more are ready to replace him.

'La ikraha fid din' (no compulsion in religion)

This is my contribution

Quote me and get neglected

Are you really this stupid? Even the information you put up says that Islam's growth is due to high birth rates. Aren't you ashamed to be promoting your religion with lies?

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by BenzEne1(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2017
jerseyboy:
There is no getting out of Islam peacefully except in yoruba land. That is why Islam will be wiped out of the South West in 3 generations like in Sierra Leone.

Islam can only be spread by force and can only survive by enforcement of apostasy laws. Islam cannot survive in the knowledge led world.

PS. Even Mc Olantunji's children will convert.

Islam remains the fastest growing religion in the world today. Are we achieving that true brute force ? No!!

Of course a majority of religions were spread through war, Christianity included.

Islam remains the number one religion in Sierra Leone today. With 78 percent from the last count.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Mpanyi: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=bughead post=63356012]

Let him give his life to Christ Jesus and not mother Mary! That's when he will be a true convert[/quo

For you whatever you think is true. Sorry
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by nkwuocha: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2017
Islam is a religion that justifies rape.I still don't understand the rationale behind sleeping with a minor in the name of religion. Its wicked! Islam is against humanity and all it stands for. I'm a Christian, but I think budahism seems more peaceful and not so extreme and fanatical. If I wasn't a Christian, I'd opt for budahism. Islam is a no go area.Its a killer machine. Its for the blood thirsty and sexual predators.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by chillychill(f): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
in case you don’t know. I attend a Christian school, I argue with most of my friends who are theist and they give me answers like “just believe “ , “ god works in a mysterious way” , “ your wisdom is like foolishness in the sight of god” , “ don’t allow god punish you ooo”.

So are dey d only friends uve had since u were born.? Like my dad will say move away from pple u wont benefits from both spiritually and academically if u really want to no about ur religion ull walk n ask questions from ppl more n u wont just relent "I hear d prophet (pbuh) says we should ask questions and seek knowledge as far as china if dats where we can see d correct answer. My dear don't relent,u just did n shaytan will b happy.. Lik I said before ur name drives me towards u I hardly talk to atheist cos I no most of Dem re stubborn. Please kip seeking d knowledge please don't relent no matter what. I no to some extent ul get tired but ull understand if u really re willing to... Peace ✌ smiley
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by BenzEne1(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2017
bughead:
converting from frypan to fire!

Catholic is a demonic church so therefore you haven't really converted to Christian

So Catholics aren't Christians. Could you state the denominations of christianity that are actually on the right part ?
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by mifavour(f): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2017
safarigirl:

Congratulations smiley

I swear!!!
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Mpanyi: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2017
bughead:
literary speaking Catholic worship idol! (Mary status)

Why will you hold a rosary for protection

It doesn't make sense!

Seems you are no longer sure Catholics worship Mary. If not, why literally speaking? For your question, believe whatever you think as I like people like you to continue wallowing in your ignorance or misguided belief.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bolargeez(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2017
Every day religion affects us in ways we may not realize. It makes your Uncle spend hours praying for you; it gives your Baptist neighbor a reason to reject her own child who married a Catholic; it teaches your Pentecostal sister to spank her children to keep them from going to hell; it requires a Catholic priest to deny his sex drive; it causes people to give enormous amounts of money to religious organizations; and causes you to avoid talking to your cousin for fear she may try to convert you to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Religion has both obvious and subtle influences – on
you and on society.

The God Virus
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by balogunbashit(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Hu a<<<< This is what i wrote in order to save space... Lol. In order for the thousands of people that will open this tread to see it, not to reply but to maybe get enlightenment.
1.Do you guys that insult others religion think you're doing the right thing? Or do you really think it is funny?
2. This shows the ease through which fear mongering and warmongering rethorics has subtly been leveled in this our counter culture society.
3. Nairaland isn't been biased in any way, but they chose to put what you all see on Islamic threads bcus they know the hate from you people that say shit is just too much. And i know they will start insulting others under just observe.
4. Where i come from, where i live ,where i school has taught me that everyone is the same and only a lunatic will find joy in bashing other people.
5. Don't ever tag the billions of Muslims as bad people because of the actions of less than 1% of them. Chai isn't that disheartening?.
6. You will notice that most Muslims ignore the hate comments towards them bcus that's what the religion is all about (peace)
7. I am a Muslim and if i do something bad tomorrow PLEASE don't look at my religion or tribe to judge me. Judge me for what i did, as a bad person I've been.
8. THIS IS NIGERIA A DIVERSED NATION, WE MARRY EACH OTHER, DATE EACH OTHER, LOOT TOGETHER, WE LIVE TOGETHER. SO LET US NOT COME OVER HERE AND TEAR EACH OTHER APART.
. God be with u sir
100% certified

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by nkwuocha: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2017
Islam will continue to grow because they breed like roaches and rats.A religion that gives room to marry as much wives and divorce then at will should be population increasing machine. That's why Islamic countries has got population with less Quality of people .Look at Northern Nigeria with her population, check out the quality if people there?Its bedvilled with people that can't think outside the box.Except for the rich who are educated, majority of them lacks basic human comprehension. That's why many have the survival skills of lower animals.Where there should be dialogue, they consciously choose violence instead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by ALVA001: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2017
HajimeSaito:

Why did Allah need to perfect his light? Do you mean that Allah's light was originally imperfect? Thanks for admitting that Allah is an imperfect "god".
If it was not for the disbelievers, poor Allah's light would have remained imperfect and Muslims would have been even more confused than they are. You should be grateful to us as disbelievers for helping Allah to perfect himself.

Hey! OMA she o. I did not know it would pain you like this. grin.
We are still Muslims, Muslims till the last day insha Allah.

5 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bolinjkezzy(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Terminator1234g:

The Qur'an can never have a mistake and it has prophecies written in it for over 1400 years and they have been coming to past. The Quran never contradicts itself.
The same Quran that has so many thing to address on how to be a Muslim but instead is busying talking about Aisha cheat n Muhammad adopted son wife....The book is incomplete
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by princessayesha(f): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Muslims should please stay away from this thread smiley the intention of the op is obviously to stir up quarrel between muslims and christians.
But by the grace of God, he is already getting the comments he deserves because he is a CATHOLIC grin

5 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2017
jerseyboy:

You're right about the science of both religions. But here is the differences the stories of the old testaments are allegorical to teach morality to a tribe trying to survive harsh desert conditions while surrounded by hostile neighbors. The old testament is not the word of God but the men who wrote it were inspired by Him.

Christianity is the imitation of Christ. Pure and simple. And in that you will find no errors.
if men who wrote it were inspired by him and god is the all wise and Allah is al-Hakeem ( Allah the wise one ) . How come he inspired them to write rubbish in their holy book?

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by princessayesha(f): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2017
ALVA001:

Hey! OMA she o. I did not know it would pain you like this. grin.
We are still Muslims, Muslims till the last day insha Allah.
He is so funny I swear...he went as far as fabricating Hadiths grin

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by afo4real(m): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2017
ALVA001:
My both parents were born into a Muslim polygamous family, grew up as Muslims but while they were in school during those days they were persecuted by Christians, denied of all fundamental human rights. There were times they were not allowed to go home for Muslim festivals, they catch you praying in school you're done. They even humiliated them and allowed Christians to teach them Islamic Religious knowledge. Forced to memorize the Bible in sine instances. All this later got to them so when they married they converted to Christianity. Things became so hard economically they had no choice, Christians controlled everywhere, and they were not merciful to non- Christians. Soon enough dad opted out of government job to establish his own business so he changed back to Islam, mum remained in government job so she remained a Christian. But to the Glory of the Almighty today we the children are all Muslims and happy.
"Verily the unbelievers wish to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah has perfected his light even though the disbelievers do not like it".

Hope you enjoyed my story.
your story sweet pass honey.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

1. Whales are not fish

2. Bats are not birds

3. Rabbits do not chew their cud

4. The earth is not flat

5. The earth rests upon pillars and doesn't move -

6. There are not talking snakes or talking donkeys

7. God did not know the ratio of Pi is not 3

8. Moon is not a source of light it only reflects light

9. Claims that Adam & Eve were first humans ever created, yet giants were on earth before them

10. After the great flood a dove returns with an olive branch – no trees could have survived that long under water

11. The entire earth had one language – not true at all.

12. Striped goats are produced by looking at striped rods when goats were copulating.

13. Isrealites spent 40 years in the dessert when the journey should have only take a few weeks

14. Fowl have 4 legs - they ave 2

15. Insects have 4 legs - they have 6

16. Moses did not eat or drink for 40 days or nights

17. Abijah spoke to 1,200,000 soldiers at one time – with no amplifier that would be impossible.

18. Haman thought in his heart - humans think with their brains

19. The sky is solid and strong like a mirror

20. Snails melt

21. God made everything beautiful – including leprosy, cancer and other vile disease

22. God supposedly made all animals to fear humans. But almost all juvenile animals do not.

23. Noah’s ark was not remotely big enough to accommodate all the animals even if they were very young.

24. The ark was a very bad design and would never be sea worthy either.

25. Where did all the giants come from?

26. Where did all the dragons come from – there is no evidence that any ever lived on this earth

27. The bible claims that the entire earth and universe was created by magic in only 6 – 24 hour days. However science has proven the earth to be billions of years old.

28. If man was made in the image of your god, why are we not invisible too?

29. If you god was so smart, why did he have to plagiarize the holy books of other religions and use them as his own?

30. Why are the 10 commandments taken directly from the Egyptian Book of the Dead that was written over 3000 years
before Moses was born?

This is just a very short list of a few of the multitude of errors in your bible.

The stories of the old testaments are allegorical to teach morality to a tribe trying to survive harsh desert conditions while surrounded by hostile neighbors.

The old testament is not the word of God but the men who wrote it were inspired by Him.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2017
chillychill:

So are dey d only friends uve had since u were born.? Like my dad will say move away from pple u wont benefits from both spiritually and academically if u really want to no about ur religion ull walk n ask questions from ppl more n u wont just relent "I hear d prophet (pbuh) says we should ask questions and seek knowledge as far as china if dats where we can see d correct answer. My dear don't relent,u just did n shaytan will b happy.. Lik I said before ur name drives me towards u I hardly talk to atheist cos I no most of Dem re stubborn. Please kip seeking d knowledge please don't relent no matter what. I no to some extent ul get tired but ull understand if u really re willing to... Peace ✌ smiley
lmao I’m not stubborn, once you give me evidence of his existence, I’ve gone to church, mosque and I even attend some traditional events and I still don’t see any evidence of any “ supreme being” but once you can provide proof I promise to follow your religion and bring more people

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bughead: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2017
safarigirl:

Congratulations smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers Pastor Buys Car For A Muslim Who Converted To Christian & Won Church Quiz / Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / 'my Late Sister Will Return To Her Skeleton This Year' - Pastor (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.