Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,846 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother (19599 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by tayooluwole: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2017
I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

Pls how can someone be permanently born again without much sin ?

Note: he get some things wey Christians go count as sin and wey if ah no do na hunger go kill me...

Christian brothers over to you...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by MhizzAJ(f): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2017
You are simply confused

I guess Fornication is your major stumbling block

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:
I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

Note: he get some things wey Christians go count as sin and wey if ah no do na hunger go kill me...

Religion itself is very confusing, dat's y I chose not to believe in it.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by tayooluwole: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:
You are simply confused

I guess Fornication is your major stumbling block

lol, I am not married yet and I think for now, I deserve any beautiful thing under skirt...

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by MhizzAJ(f): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

lol, I am not married yet and I think for now, I deserve any beautiful thing under skirt...
I said it grin

You need Jesus...No jokes

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Pierohandsome: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
Judging by ur response to that brother, u are not really ready to repent. Repentance is not 'Lord i am sorry' . Repentance is the willingness to turn away frm sin permanently, that is whn u receive the grace and power to live right. Until u are ready to forsake ur sins and turn a new leaf u wil never be saved because righteousness cannot be achieved by the energy of the flesh but by the Spirit of the Lord.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by ayourbamie: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
You are born again, just that u r still living in sin.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by tayooluwole: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
Judging by ur response to that brother, u are not really ready to repent. Repentance is not 'Lord i am sorry' . Repentance is the willingness to turn away frm sin permanently, that is whn u receive the grace and power to live right. Until u are ready to forsake ur sins and turn a new leaf u wil never be saved because righteousness cannot be achieved by the energy of the flesh but by the Spirit of the Lord.

you think it is easy to forsake some things in this obodo naija ? I said I need advice as per say he no easy to repent willingly and forsake the old ways. all you need to do now is to tell me those steps to follow that will incorporate the uneasiness associated with repentance..

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Ishilove: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2017
This one is not ready to repent

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Pierohandsome: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

you think it is easy to forsake some things in this obodo naija ? I said I need advice as per say he no easy to repent willingly and forsake the old ways. all you need to do now is to tell me those steps to follow that will incorporate the uneasiness associated with repentance..
nothing else to tell u. Do u need prayer and fasting to be willing? Willingness is a choice and is personal, whn u are willing u repent.

If u tell me that u are willing but finding it hard to maintain ur decision ,that is a different thing. But telling us is not easy to be willing is whr no one can help to make that choice but u urselve. Whn u make choice genuinely to repent, the enablement wil come. Bt in ur own case that is not the issue, ur own issue is enjoying sin and not ready to repent ,and telling me to tell u steps on hw to be willing. Does that sound sensible to u?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by MrHistorian: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
sad
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
cool

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
It's something of the mind........ and willingness
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by godonzoki(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
Its one thing to confess sin nd its anoda to forsake them and forsake them for ever.
The thing is that, at the point you ask for 4giveness and reppent, you feel fresh fire and hatred for sin but this fire has to be sustained by constantly praying and studying the word of God. After which, the sincere desire for the Holy spirit erupts in you and God will snd the Holy spirit to fill you at His appointed time.
The Holy spirit will now become your everything and will further direct you in all your doings as long as you constantly listen to the Holy Spirit and take its directive.
Temptations will constantly come but the grace to overcome them is available and every moment you overcome, a greater temptation will come. Thats because you just moved a step higher in your christian walk wt God and the devil desires to win back every soul it looses wt worldly pleasure.
As long as you spendtime wt God, study His word and listen to the Holy spirit, you will stay holy.
God be with us all

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by dayleke: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
It's all in your mind bro....

Do it and don't look back...

The devil is powerful too o..

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
Keep it up...

1000 is still a long way!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by pointstores(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
grin
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by hopefulLandlord: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2017
gvvvb
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by GoodandBad007: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2017
Lol... Just keep borning. Jesus gat you. You feel me?

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by boolet: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2017
Maybe you are born against tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by tayooluwole: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
nothing else to tell u. Do u need prayer and fasting to be willing? Willingness is a choice and is personal, whn u are willing u repent.

If u tell me that u are willing but finding it hard to maintain ur decision ,that is a different thing. But telling us is not easy to be willing is whr no one can help to make that choice but u urselve. Whn u make choice genuinely to repent, the enablement wil come. Bt in ur own case that is not the issue, ur own issue is enjoying sin and not ready to repent ,and telling me to tell u steps on hw to be willing. Does that sound sensible to u?

Oga oya I am willing, but how can the willingness be sustained like you said...?
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by shurley22(f): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2017
You only get born again once...
And as it stands, you haven't ever been

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Finstar: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Op, please enjoy life... This is the only life you've got for now..

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by virus05(m): 10:39am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

Lol. Then how u wan be born again now?
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Deicide: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2017
Christianity is a Joke instead of teaching people to take responsibility for their actions and own up to it its asking them to become born again? what a joke

7 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

Genuine repentance in Christianity comes with a sacrifice. A sacrifice where you are poised never to go back to your vomit, only then will you have gained self control over your craving for things under the skirt.

You can't live in the way of the world and expect the Holy of Holies to dwell in you. His eyes are too Holy to behold sin, repeated stubborn sin.

Determination to stop your sexual cravings will help you, while constant meditation in the word of God, Prayers, Psalms and Song will help to keep you conscious of the need to respect God.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by LastSurvivor11: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2017
Bro 4get those born again prayers..
They are all mere jokes..

Born again is a thing of the heart not a thing of "raise your hand up and say after me"

14 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by LastSurvivor11: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2017
Bro this ur type of born again weak me

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

Its by believing in your salvation. Despite of how you feel ...

Take it serious too.

You won't always feel holy holy grin
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by costandi(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2017
Firstly, understand that you are born again once and for all. You can't be born again twice. This doesn't mean you can't back slide. The problem however is that you haven't subdued the flesh.

One good way to subdue the flesh is by studying and meditating on the word. The word of God has the ability to produce in a person the ability to do it. Make up your mind to have fellowship with the word and to do the word.

12 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by justseyi(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

Being born again basically mean so beliveing Jesus Christ Is savior.

God hates sin but he said he will have mercy on who ever he chooses to have mercy on. I dunno if I'm right but I believe if you sin you can remorsefully kneel and and pray for forgiveness in your room or anywhere. As for the thing that makes you sin. Battle it within you. Pray about it. Talk to a mentor.

Join this growing student forum. There you can interact. Get academic assistance and also Trade. Sign up today!

www.studentvillage.one
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by JimloveTM(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
True repentance is a WILLING decision to stay away from sin and not going back. Is it fornication? If you can take a decision not to lust after or invite over or do sexual immorality, the Holy Spirit will empower you to stay away from them. There's no genuine repentance without a disciplined williness. It's a decision only you can take. Not today, God am sorry, tomorrow baby see me in my house let's watch some movie, you are deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / 6 Ways Ministers Of God Can Avoid Scandals / Esther: The Orphan Girl Who Became A Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.