Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:47 AM

I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother (19506 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by jimoholan(m): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2017
I took an exception from what u said
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by muller101(m): 11:15am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

lol, I am not married yet and I think for now, I deserve any beautiful thing under skirt...
sorry bro we see the foundation of ur palava.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by rayopt(m): 11:15am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:
I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

Pls how can someone be permanently born again without much sin ?

Note: he get some things wey Christians go count as sin and wey if ah no do na hunger go kill me...

Christian brothers over to you...

guy. . .as much as i hate to comment on NL, i just have to give a bit of my thought having been in your shoes some years back. . . .

Its simple

Man is made up of the spirit, soul and body. . .

When you confess ur sins and ask God to forgive you as you believe in the sacrifice of christ, which is th whole summary of being born again. . . @diz point, your spirit man is saved and the truth is that only your spirit is saved!!! Thats all my brother!!!

Your soul/mind will, after the whole born again ish, continue to experience wars. . .the kind that you are experiencing but it is alryt!!

E no mean say u never born again. . .this is the reason why you need to just accept yourself the way you are cos there is no amount of born again that can end the battle of the mind/soul. . .

Which brings me to the last part - Your Body. . .
Oboy. .forget this part, it cannot be saved until it is buried and lifeless. . .
Your body will always crave, always want, always need and so. . .your body is not saved and cannot be saved till the life in it is gone.

So, wetin u go do?
Do wat u can and thank God for what you cant!

Dont bother goin awt for born again cos you dont need it. . .

Enjoy your Life while its stil there. . .fvck, love, drink, smoke, pray, tithe/give(no mind freeze oo. .e dey tithe oo, beliv me)

Dahsall!!

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by bomsilaga(m): 11:16am On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
keep deceiving yourself. U think grace is free because they call it grace? U need to position yourself to be engraced and that is what i am telling him nw including u. U cannot continue defiling yourself and be saying ' we are not under law but under grace'.

Many people misinterprete this subject of grace. Grace is not a license to sin ,but an enablement to defeat sin.

So if u stil find yourself committing sin after giving your life to christ, it means u are abusing the grace which attracts grave consequencies.
far be it that grace is a license to sin
you cannot be saved by fleshly efforts
grace doesnt allow you to even sin
once you are saved, the devil fights your emotions so your relationship with God is dampened
once you do anything to help yourself, its no longer Grace
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by ayoblinks(m): 11:17am On Dec 17, 2017
You need true conviction to be converted my brother
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by bomsilaga(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2017
rayopt:

guy. . .as much as i hate to comment on NL, i just have to give a bit of my thought having been in your shoes some years back. . . .

Its simple

Man is made up of the spirit, soul and body. . .

When you confess ur sins and ask God to forgive you as you believe in the sacrifice of christ, which is th whole summary of being born again. . . @diz point, your spirit man is saved and the truth is that only your spirit is saved!!! Thats all my brother!!!

Your soul/mind will, after the whole born again ish, continue to experience wars. . .the kind that you are experiencing but it is alryt!!

E no mean say u never born again. . .this is the reason why you need to just accept yourself the way you are cos there is no amount of born again that can end the battle of the mind/soul. . .

Which brings me to the last part - Your Body. . .
Oboy. .forget this part, it cannot be saved until it is buried and lifeless. . .
Your body will always crave, always want, always need and so. . .your body is not saved and cannot be saved till the life in it is gone.

So, wetin u go do?
Do wat u can and thank God for what you cant!

Dont bother goin awt for born again cos you dont need it. . .

Enjoy your Life while its stil there. . .fvck, love, drink, smoke, pray, tithe/give(no mind freeze oo. .e dey tithe oo, beliv me)
bros, love your grasp of the Word but this you last comment got me scared sha.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by eagleonearth(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:
I don't know if any body here is in my shoe... Since I was born I have attended many crusade and church services. During any of the services, any time the instruction is prescribed that all who wish to denounce sin and become born again should come out to receive prayers, me no they carry last to follow go out to be born again at that moment. The issue is, my being born again at any point in time doesn't take much time before it expires. Just at the moment I decide to be born again the holyholy will be there but by the time the holyholy run into 2 to 3 days it begins to desolve till I go back to the status quo. The logic behind this is that, if Jesus is to come withing the shortest time that follows the moment of my being born again that means heaven sure me die but if na after it has expired OYO is my case but Jesus will surely consider my seriousness by looking at the number of times I have come to him...

Note: he get some things wey Christians go count as sin and wey if ah no do na hunger go kill me...

God loves sincerity. Be ready to walk the narrow way and the power will be given you. Read Joyce Meyer's being intimate with God. God bless you.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by jimyjames(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2017
there is time for everything when the comes for u to totally give yourself to Christ it will be easier but right now I think u are not ready so have fun grin
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by obowunmi(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

You people are clowns.

Christianity is easier than being an initiate.

(1) pray and follow the instructions in the bible.

Trust me, its not difficult.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by mu2sa2: 11:22am On Dec 17, 2017
You are on course. At 1000 you would have achieved you aim. Keep on keeping on.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Alphalite(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2017
You can not be born again and still live sin. But as many that received him to them gave He power to become the children of God. John 1:12. As a born again Christian you have power to become God's child. Do not be deceived. You cannot eat your cake and still have it.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by shanaka4u(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2017
U Can Be Born Again Many Many Times But Do Not Die Except As A True Muslim.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Saint83(m): 11:25am On Dec 17, 2017
I was once in your shoe ,though still praying for God to help me sustain His righteousness ..You need grace ,all of us need grace..... Pray for Grace

It's only God that can save youth from the spirit of fornication
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by rayopt(m): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2017
bomsilaga:

bros, love your grasp of the Word but this you last comment got me scared sha.

sorry my oga. . . .

Its all a matter of perception(which varies). . .u might want to fix moderation into everything while someone else wud lov to freak out!!

But all things being equal. . .Grace and only Grace made it possible for all of us - conserved or liberal- it is by Grace alone my brother!

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Pierohandsome: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2017
bomsilaga:

far be it that grace is a license to sin
you cannot be saved by fleshly efforts
grace doesnt allow you to even sin
once you are saved, the devil fights your emotions so your relationship with God is dampened
once you do anything to help yourself, its no longer Grace
what do u mean by 'once you do anything to help yourself , its no longer Grace?

Righteousness is a fight , what grace does is to empower u to fight and win. And not by folding your hands and expect grace to fight for u. If i give u a car key to drive for easy mobility and u keep ur car Key in ur wardrobe , wil the car drive u by itself? U can sit in the car all day and not move an inch. Does that mean u dnt have what it takes to move with speed?

That is how grace is, it is an empowerment u engage to defeat sin. U cannot neglect the grace given to u at new birth to dominate sin and expect to live righteous. The grace is there, use it and see hw u walk gallantly over sin like it never existed, not sitting dwn and be saying if u do anything to help yourself then it is no longer grace.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by selfemployed(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

You are not born again the day you came out to be prayed for. But you are born again the day you decide within your heart to obey God's word.

For now, you don't want to let go of formication. Keep living in it, until the day you will realize that it leads to destruction, then you will repent anf return to God.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Alezy(m): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2017
You where not born again, u re dedicated and its okay to re dedicate a zillion times
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2017
eagleonearth:
when I gave my heart to Jesus I caught fire that is still burning in me today (8 yrs). When you get born again, you become afraid of sin even if you get enticed. Joseph ran away from free sex with a beautiful lady. Where is the power to become a child of God Jesus promised those who will receive him in John 1:12? Being born again is being transformed from a natural man with hunger for sin to a spiritual man with hunger for God. Spiritual exercises you now carry out to keep yourself from being lukewarm include studying the word and living it, prayer and fasting, fellowshiping with brethren etc. Hey, sincerity and honesty is key to relating well with God. He doesn't change. Wesley brothers, Charles Finney, Paul, and others who changed the world were not unserious like the op. You shall seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart - Jere 29:13.

So, you believe yourself without sin, eh?
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by miraclejoy: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
nothing else to tell u. Do u need prayer and fasting to be willing? Willingness is a choice and is personal, whn u are willing u repent.

If u tell me that u are willing but finding it hard to maintain ur decision ,that is a different thing. But telling us is not easy to be willing is whr no one can help to make that choice but u urselve. Whn u make choice genuinely to repent, the enablement wil come. Bt in ur own case that is not the issue, ur own issue is enjoying sin and not ready to repent ,and telling me to tell u steps on hw to be willing. Does that sound sensible to u?
bro no vess o, have you ever committed any sin since you became born again.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by josephogaga: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

o

bro u have to understand the word "born again"
u only need to be born again once,.. and dont have doubt that u have fall out.

u can't really help ur self from sinning, just be going to church and hear God's word it will refine ur spirit man,.

read 1 john 1:8 and 1 John 2:1..
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Don't let those doing holier than thou here deceive you. Most of them are far worse than you, especially all these pentecostals. There is virtually no day that you will not hear the Pastors embroiled in one show or the other. What do you expect to achieve in those churches? they are only increasing you in sin. I am personally acquainted with 2 pentecostal pastors who confided in me that they are secretely maintaining more than one wife (they think I will approve because I am a Muslim, but it is hypocrisy).

You better become an observant Muslim if you want to truly repent. If you insist on staying a Christian, JW is the only moderately non-hypocritical Christian sect. All the others fornicate Monday to Saturday, then go to church on Sunday to 'ask forgiveness'. They cannot help your case.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by ruffDiamond: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2017
embrace Islam... u don't need to be born again... no tithe..no special seed sowing..no dedicated account for imam upkeep..no exploitation using the al-quoran... no hypocrisy...no yahooze imam ... no private jet for imam ...and finally no brainwashing!..true muslim dont terrorized others...check out live of people like Muhhamed Ali,Malcom X,Sheik Yasin etc....even christian loved and were impressed by just live life they lived...not the uneducated ,ignorant fools blowing themselves up for one imaginary virgins which has no basis in islam teaching...just do good and Allah shall reward your good deed here and in al-janna fidauw which literally translate to Heaven
peace.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2017
Being born again has nothing to do with the numerous Altar Calls that Pastors make.
You get born again the moment you are baptized (See John 3).
But then, there is still the possibility of sinning or reverting to habitual sins - dancing to the dictates of the flesh. This is exactly where you need to look inwards and have an internal discussion.
Do you feel bad about this sins?
Do you know you offend God -our loving Father, when you sin?
Do you know your sins hurt him and strains the relationship that you have with him?

You can pull away from this sins. It's a gradual process.
If you are a baptized Christian, then your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.(1 Cor. 3).
Call on the Holy Spirit of God, this day.
Ask him to assist you and make conscious efforts to quit your sinful habits.
Study the word of God frequently.
God bless you.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Pierohandsome: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2017
miraclejoy:

bro no vess o, have you ever committed any sin since you became born again.
Yes, multiple times in my early journey in christianity but i conquered at the end by engaging the Holy Spirit and i realise how cheap it is to defeat sin. I defeated Masturbation hands dwn and today i am a free man
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Offpoint: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2017
tayooluwole:

The only way to be Born again permanently is to stop dying. thank me later
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by sisisioge: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Oga, don't stress yourself. There's no one without sin. Just try to stay away from as much as you can manage and ask for forgiveness whenever you go overboard... Nothing do you jare grin.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by PromarkMM: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Being born again simply means you have accepted and recognized Christ as you Lord and savior. The fact that you do certain things doesn't judge you as a sinner. What judges you ad a sinner is your conscience. As along as you put God first in everything you do, helping yourself to identify right from wrong in your environment, you need nothing else.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Mariangeles(f): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2017
dayleke:
It's all in your mind bro....
Do it and don't look back...
The devil is powerful too o..
The devil has no power...just cunning
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by crackhouse(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2017
Bro devil is still playing ludo on your head until u have a near death experience then u repent by force.
keep playing cat and mouse with God on the other side and Devil on the other angle until one of go finally pull u to his abode. lucky u if na God.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by brainhgeek(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2017
You can only become born-again once. If you are saved, you are saved forever. Salvation is no more by your works but by the grace you have entered by confession. Let no more deceive you that you have lost your salvation by sinning. Gal 3:1 -2 should assure you. However, sin is a major stumbling block into experiencing the fullness of glory of God through Jesus. If you keep sinning, you have simply not allowed the Holy Spirit to nail your old person to the cross. You need the baptism of the Holy Spirit to overcome the urge and grow spiritually. You equally need to give yourself to the ministry of the Word (which will be brought to the bare by the illumination of the Holy Spirit) and not the doctrine or interpretation of men of the flesh.
In a nut shell, commit yourself to studying the Word and pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit to help you remain steadfast.
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by bomsilaga(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2017
Pierohandsome:
what do u mean by 'once you do anything to help yourself , its no longer Grace?

Righteousness is a fight , what grace does is to empower u to fight and win. And not by folding your hands and expect grace to fight for u. If i give u a car key to drive for easy mobility and u keep ur car Key in ur wardrobe , wil the car drive u by itself? U can sit in the car all day and not move an inch. Does that mean u dnt have what it takes to move with speed?

That is how grace is, it is an empowerment u engage to defeat sin. U cannot neglect the grace given to u at new birth to dominate sin and expect to live righteous. The grace is there, use it and see hw u walk gallantly over sin like it never existed, not sitting dwn and be saying if u do anything to help yourself then it is no longer grace.
i didnt have to do anything and i was born a sinner by one man's sin
now i have to do something to become righteous even after one man's forever sacrifice?

Romans 5:17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

its a gift my brother, that car you gave to me you wouldnt start giving me conditions on how to receive the gift na. it then ceases to be a gift
NO CONDITION TO RECEIVE GRACE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
Re: I Have Been Born Again For Over 100 Times... Pls Help A Brother by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2017
You can only be born again once. After this you need to work out your salvation and renew your mind daily. It's not a linear journey but a cyclical once. Even pastors and the pope have to go through many cycles to become better children of God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? / Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Oladurotimi Saw Angels Wheeling Onaolapo Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.