Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (77186 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by duroc(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bb
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by enemyofprogress: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
Oyinda1599 will never follow me to wed her in Deeper life, her eyes don tear pass dat levelgrin grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by brobro: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
T
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by enimooko: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Did the DLCC and pastor KUMUYI ever acknowledge it's modern understanding of the book of revelation to the written work of another religious group
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by blackbeau1(f): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
About the doctrine ,like I always say , if you are not comfortable wit any church's doctrine , please move to another church .

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by oruma19: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
I saw a thread hit frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/4062678/deeper-life-bible-church-cult#60584621 and I decided to write this.

I have known Deeper Life Bible Church, and it is over twenty years. Tho I don’t often attend church services that much due to hustle on Sunday, but I have some Facts to make known to make.

Do you want to hear things that people won’t tell you about deeper life bible church? Sit tight and listen.

Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has corrected some of his mistakes in the past as regards doctrine

In a bid to maintain strict discipline during the early days of the church, a lot of strict doctrines were introduced. These doctrines didn’t come with consequences like people portrayed, but were just preventive measures to some common sins.
The television was banned, not because it was bad, but because it would give room for the devil to corrupt the mind.

“If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you.” Matthew 5: 30.

Right now the Television is now used to transmit the pastor’s message all over the world. He realized that God gave humans the spirit of “FREE WILL” and he urged members to make use of it the right way.

Pastor Kumuyi doesn’t have a personal Bank Account

It might interest you to know that the General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church does not have his own personal bank account. He is under the church budget, and likewise other full-time pastors. He feeding, dressing, logistics is budgeted monthly by the church. He has no personal property, investments, and all he has is owned by the church.

One of the Criteria to become a full-time pastor is age
If you haven’t reached the age to retire from active government service, you can never become a full-time pastor in Deeper Life Bible church. Full-time pastors serve as State Coordinators, Regional Overseers, and of cause the General Overseer. Other positions are occupied by pastors who are still working and are not under the church financial budget.

Several Church Laws have been abolished by the General Overseer
In his recent messages, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi has preached against the enforcement of church laws that have no root in the Bible. Popular examples remain the Turban being worn in the church, the financial capabilities of a man before he gets married, and many other relating to technological advancements.
In many of his recent messages, he has preached against church leaders enforcing laws on members that would force them to drop their faith. His main focus was on the marriage committee of the church.

Holiness and Salvation is preached every Sunday
If you aren’t comfortable with someone preaching to you about Holiness, Salvation, Repentance, Restitution every Sunday, then don’t bother coming to church. That is the foundation of the church doctrine, and it will never change.

Deeper Life doesn’t sing and dance on Sundays because…
If you have been wondering why the church service on Sundays doesn’t come with dancing and singing, the answer is simple.
“It will weaken the body; make people fall asleep and tired when the real message about going to heaven is about being preached. We have a day to praise God for singing and praises, and that is during the Thursday revival service” Pastor W.F. Kumuyi explaining to BBC World.

Financial Prosperity is never the Topic of any Message
No pastor would come up the pulpit to preach about financial prosperity as a Sunday Message. The church focuses on “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and every other thing shall be added unto you”

Tithes and offering are collected and sent to the headquarters
Once it gets to the Church headquarters, it is redistributed to various states for the maintenance of churches in the state. If any Church project needs to be carried out, the amount is split according to the capability of members of the churches inside the same country.
No matter how long it takes to get the donations, the church will never seek donations from outside the church. That was the reason it took the church 5 years to complete the headquarters at Gbagada.

Finally, Laying of hands is not allowed in the Church

Pastors pray from their pulpit and miracle happens. "It doesn't matter if you are close or not to a sick person. God is still in the habit of answering the prayers of the righteous" Pastor W.F. Kumuyi.

Ask me any question and I will give you unbiased answers.

when I said tgis some time ago somebody was abusing me on Nairaland. How e b now? Kumuyi has apologised for some errors In d past and I think adeboye and oyedepo should also do so. I am not against giving to God's work, but forcing pple to give under the threat of a curse is what I hate. Kudos to kumuyi for his humility.

10 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by enimooko: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
duroc:
Bb
bladderdash
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Jokerman(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

As much as they had God's laws, we also have doctrines like the early apostles did.

When Anaias were killed because they his part of their possession, was it a direct message from God.

And more also, nobody was forced to adhere. People who couldn't keep up left.

Tunde Bakare
Lazarus Mouka

And many others were members of deeper life bible church

We not facing on Sundays, does it make any man righteous?

It is a church law that helps shapes a church

But the main message is "Repent and believe the gospel"

Lazarus Muoka wasn't a member of deeper life Oga, and Muoka's church preaches holiness too if not more....

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by estolaB(f): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
God bless u for dis thread
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by enimooko: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
brobro:
T
Trashy
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by pointstores(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
And what are u trying to defend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Lomprico2: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pastor Kumuyi doesn’t have a personal Bank Account

It might interest you to know that the General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church does not have his own personal bank account. He is under the church budget, and likewise other full-time pastors. He feeding, dressing, logistics is budgeted monthly by the church. He has no personal property, investments, and all he has is owned by the church.
Deceit 101!
And who owns the church?

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
pointstores:
And what are u trying to defend

No defence Sir. Just stating some facts.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by GavelSlam: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Though considered extreme it is one of the better churches.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by etosly: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
I have so much love and respect for pastor WF Kumuyi.His simplicity and love for holiness is unbeatable.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lomprico2:

One of the Criteria to become a full-time pastor is age
If you haven’t reached the age to retire from active government service, you can never become a full-time pastor in Deeper Life Bible church. Full-time pastors serve as State Coordinators, Regional Overseers, and of cause the General Overseer. Other positions are occupied by pastors who are still working and are not under the church financial budget.
Deceit 101!
And who owns the church?

Currently? We have a general overseer.

Not a church owner.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by PissedOffWeed(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
dedugba:
Can i ask what is the opinion on wearing of jeans and keeping mustache in this ministry

Now, the case of jeans is Actually rational....
If you Are to wear jeans (as a guy).... Then moderation is to be Applied... Wearing of Razz or stressed jeans or any form of jeans which could be of distraction to other members is allowed..... And you aren't expected to wear jeans that portrays you as a hipster or all these trappers or rappers.

----

Now as for mustache... Keeping of a mustache is highly prohibited for workerS and pastors in the church...
As for the members, if you wanna keep ....Keep it....but it should be always low...
Evem in the professional world, mustache isn't that encouraged except for arabs..

-----

Simplicity in order to edify oneself and others is the key answer

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jokerman:

Lazarus Muoka wasn't a member of deeper life Oga, and Muoka's church preaches holiness too if not more....

Alright Sir. Note taken. Holiness is Holiness. As long as we all make heaven.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Lomprico2: 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Currently? We have a general overseer.

Not a church owner.

He oversees everything including all the money, yet he cant have access to it abi?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by ArcFresky(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
@ MhizzAJ, come and read oohhh....and kindly reply my dm naa, abii whats the delay?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Lomprico2: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
PissedOffWeed:

If you Are to wear jeans (as a guy).... Then moderation is to be Applied... Wearing of Razz or stressed jeans or any form of jeans which could be of distraction to other members is allowed..... And you aren't expected to wear jeans that portrays you as a hipster or all these trappers or rappers.

----

Now as for mustache... Keeping of a mustache is highly prohibited for workerS and pastors in the church...
As for the members, if you wanna keep ....Keep it....but it should be always low...
Evem in the professional world, mustache isn't that encouraged except for arabs..

-----

What do u mean moderation in wearing jeans? Jeezzzz this people are impossible!!! undecided

I wont even talk about the moustache.

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
PissedOffWeed:

----

-----

I think you should use the Military force, Corporate guys, as examples. Wearing beards isn't bad... but workers are advised not to carry beards.

It is a criterion if you wana serve. If you feel you can't, then you allow those that can to serve.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
I don't know the purpose of this thread but i find it rather divisive... Its shouldn't be about "holier than thou"... Dis is wat d devil still uses to divide the body of christ.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Lomprico2: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I think you should use the Military force, Corporate guys, as examples. Wearing beards isn't bad... but workers are advised not to carry beards.

It is a criterion if you wana serve. If you feel you can't, then you allow those that can to serve.

Thanks for your input.

Senior ranking military officers wear beards!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lomprico2:

He oversees everything including all the money, yet he cant have access to it abi?

The voice in your head is telling you all these.

I have told you as an insider, but I am not willing to convince you.

Repent and believe the gospel, so that you make heaven. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Iamzik: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
doyinbaby:
Everything a pastor tell members must be confirmed by the bible if it has no biblical basis.....you have every right to reject it........no pastor is perfect all church doctrines must be based on the bible.....when pastor see that people are crosschecking church doctrines and rules from bible the pastor will be careful in setting up doctrines..........pastor must be made to know everything they preach will be crosschecked from bible before members follow

Sadly most churches and pastors think the GO word is final. Accept or leave but don't ask questions or disagree

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lomprico2:

Senior ranking military officers wear beards!

Thanks for telling me, but I haven't seen.

Therefore, you see that wearing beards isn't bad, but for appearance sake and others, some places don't allow it.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by PissedOffWeed(m): 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lomprico2:

What do u mean moderation in wearing jeans? Jeezzzz this people are impossible!!! undecided

I wont even talk about the moustache.

I'm not one of them......

But wait.... You fit wear Distressed jeans to a board meeting??

Every circumstance has its rule....

If you aren't okay with it ...you fu*k off....

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
i like pastor Kumuyi....my everyday crush

i wish he can take me as his second wife

wat sort buffoonery is this Nwaamaikpe

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by lonikit: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
salvation101:
I don't know the purpose of this thread but i find it rather divisive... Its shouldn't be about "holier than thou"... Dis is wat d devil still uses to divide the body of christ.

salvation, how are you?? happy sunday
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
i like pastor Kumuyi....my everyday crush

i wish he can take me as his second wife

wat sort of buffoonery is this Nwaamaikpe?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church by BiafranBushBoy: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
Iamzik:

Sadly most churches and pastors think the GO word is final. Accept or leave but don't ask questions or disagree

The GO's word is only taken into consideration by workers of the church.

Other members are free to do what they like without anyone talking to them. Only the workers of the church are mandated to keep up with instructions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare's Latter Rain Assembly Changes Name To Dominion Hall Citadel Global / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.