Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,305 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing (10274 Views)

DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / Things A Newbie Should Know About Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by timesup234: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2017
Yommy247:
Well said bro. U killed the nigga in two ways. Lesson learnt: don't bring a pencil to a gun fight.
So funny, killed me by begging mod for my thread to be closed and others clamoring for me to be ban. I am your worst nightmare. Nobody living in diaspora want none with me! I will take you all to the cleaners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Yommy247(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2017
Alikote:
no u are missing the point we are not comparing in term of development ...the difference is clear or some wealthy najia politicians but averages guys wanting to relocated for bigger financial opportunities
Baba leave the matter for Matthias.
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Yommy247(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2017
timesup234:
So funny, killed me by begging mod for my thread to be closed and others clamoring for me to be ban. I am your worst nightmare. Nobody living in diaspora want none with me! I will take you all to the cleaners
You are noticed bro... pls go back to your cave

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Yommy247:
Baba leave the matter for Matthias.
which one Man go leave ....a najia Man earning 400 k monthly then move to Canada turn dish washer or security man it needs critical analysis to make such decision to travel but a bus driver in lagos washing dish in canada that a good move or student studying for a degree in canada washing dish for the main time

4 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Mbamto: 4:55am On Dec 29, 2017
You were obviously misleading the public, that is, if at all anyone took you seriously, the mods did the best. If closing down the thread you created did not pass a signal to you, it has passed alot of signals for the readers not to take you seriously
timesup234:
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
error4040:

grin bro can you name someone who went to Europe or American Legally & was Sold to slavery.
oh you think Europe via Libya was Legalalized ?

grin grin bro who made your life like this ??
once you do your math well
The grass is for ever Greener everywhere Apart from africa! Take it or leave it

grin grin grin Typical mind set of A nigerian.
Smh Your Leaders Have milked Your Brain join ni o, wey sotey seeing normal basic amenities and comfort as Fictional that only appear on Movies And News stations like BBC and co

Shey you see your life ?
Mr man face front and re-read the part i wrote saying
Their economy Down there was made for living a comfortable life not become rich

oh yea at least spending it down there is worth more than spending millions in a zoo field with people like you

Dude I dey hail U

Cmon U don finish dat werey guy with no logical reasoning

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
error4040:
grin grin grin Madam welcome i been reserve front seat for you!

I dey your back too grin

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by error4040: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
tescoman90:

Dude I dey hail U
Cmon U don finish dat werey guy with no logical reasoning
lol cool
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Yommy247(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2017
Alikote:
which one Man go leave ....a najia Man earning 400 k monthly then move to Canada turn dish washer or security man it needs critical analysis to make such decision to travel but a bus driver in lagos washing dish in canada that a good move or student studying for a degree in canada washing dish for the main time
Bro, no reasonable man i repeat no reasonable go leave 400k monthly job for naija go dey wash plate for yankee Even if na 1500$ dem dey pay am weekly.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
Yommy247:
Bro, no reasonable man i repeat no reasonable go leave 400k monthly job for naija go dey wash plate for yankee Even if na 1500$ dem dey pay am weekly.
but some where mislead example a manager in Nigeria bank that resigned and moved to the us on tourist visa 2 year back ended up stranded ,sick, and ran mental she died in a charity home and nigerians have to raise money to bring her home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
Alikote:
but some where mislead example a manager in Nigeria bank that resigned and moved to the us on tourist visa 2 year back ended up stranded ,sick, and ran mental she died in a charity home and nigerians have to raise money to bring her home

This is absolutely terrible.
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Gamesmart: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2017
edoman2016:

Rather you are disgracing yourself not me. I know you are a layman in economics that's why you don't know the difference between youth unemployment rate and general unemployment rate of a country.

Read my comment again you will notice I was talking about unemployment of their youth. Now this is the statistics of youth unemployment rate of those countries as at October, 2017 to back my claim.
Spain 38.20℅
Portugal 25.60℅
Greece 40.20℅
Italy 35.70 ℅
Ireland 14.80℅

For your information, I am an economist.

Your claim said "over 40%", Mr Economist.
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by mcstan18(m): 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
timesup234:
You are missing something. In America nobody buys a new car with cash, they make a payment plan for them where they make payment of $500 monthly for six years before they can claim full ownership of th vehicle. While in Nigeria we pay cash, those tokunbo flooded vehicles were all bought with millions. This is something 90% of Americans are incapable of. When you factor in cost of shipping, buying, clearing and profits added by the car dealer you will find out Nigeria are paying more to own a car than Americans. Most brand new cars here cost between 15million-25million naira so 10,000 is a huge number when you consider most were bought with cash

Can you please stop this blind argument? This thrash you just spewed here exposes your level of ignorance. If you must know, you're sounding extremely unintelligent with each post you make on this subject matter.

How dare you compare sleep with death? In your mind,
you're a patriotic Nigerian. "Are you more Catholic than the pope?" Are you more Nigerian than the president? Yet he understands the flawless fact that his 'beloved' country is not dependable by traveling abroad for treatment and vacation. How many presidents do you think can come to Nigeria to spend vacation times? Somebody should sha close this thread jor

5 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by mcstan18(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Alikote:
its in lagos that u see homeless people in kano, kd, jos ,ekiti osun only mad people stay out...u can get a room for 20 k peranum in zaria homeless is by choice in nijia highest u go do guard work ..free housing

Just imagine your level of thinking.
It is really shocking. May God help us

1 Like

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by timesup234: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
mcstan18:

Can you please stop this blind argument? This thrash you just spewed here exposes your level of ignorance. If you must know, you're sounding extremely unintelligent with each post you make on this subject matter.

you're a patriotic Nigerian. "Are you more Catholic than the pope?" Are you more Nigerian than the president? Yet he understands the flawless fact that his 'beloved' country is not dependable by traveling abroad for treatment and vacation. How many presidents do you think can come to Nigeria to spend vacation times? Somebody should sha close this thread jor
Ok sir. So show me any data that states just 10% of Americans can afford to buy a new car with cash. So in this case America is the death since most of her citizens are depressed and are likely to commit suicide in the new year, while we throw money at party every week here in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Aphrodite007(f): 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
mcstan18:

Tbh, I think everyone should just ignore him. I understand people wanting to promote nigeria as a good place to stay, but to compare it with developed countries is just out of place. Like someone advised him, if he cares so much for Nigeria, he should start a thread for youths to gather and work towards better governance, unless he is too daft to realise that Nigeria lacks good governance.

I love intelligent arguments but his is just plain dumb. So I would advise that no one responds to him!

4 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Aphrodite007(f): 8:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
timesup234:
Ok sir. So show me any data that states just 10% of Americans can afford to buy a new car with cash. So in this case America is the death since most of her citizens are depressed and are likely to commit suicide in the new year, while we throw money at party every week here in Nigeria

Smh! It’s only kids that argue this way. We are talking about a country that offers security, certainty, light, livelihood, medical care with empathy and this one is talking of car! As in, car! Damn, I admire your level of intelligence boss. I hail!

7 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Smh! It’s only kids that argue this way. We are talking about a country that offers security, certainty, light, livelihood, medical care with empathy and this one is talking of car! As in, car! Damn, I admire your level of intelligence boss. I hail!
security really with this mass shooting of innocent people do u watch crime station on dstv.....guess some other country like norway or finland not us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
mcstan18:

Just imagine your level of thinking.
It is really shocking. May God help us
than to join the 40 m homeless people in america e better make person dey 50 k self contain for ekiti ...they do farm and poultry mr thinking
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjP8aP7iLXYAhWIKVAKHTp7B_MQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2F2051988%2Fnigerian-prostitutes-europe-reveal-hell&psig=AOvVaw3zUiET4srHe4Qokb_oKDDr&ust=1514837868120360

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by mcstan18(m): 4:15am On Jan 02, 2018
Alikote:
than to join the 40 m homeless people in america e better make person dey 50 k self contain for ekiti ...they do farm and poultry mr thinking

If you must know Mr. Nigeria, I live "comfortably" here in Lagos, my own home at that but is that all there is to a quality life? Answer is a big, fat NO. I also intend to leave the country and that for the sake of my children's future. I have come to understand that Naija isn't on the right path as a nation. You can be doing well for yourself as a person in biz or career, good for you. I'd want my children to grow up with the right mindset (not a loser's mindset of a 50k apartment living in some obscure location), understand the dignity in labor and enjoy quality living while remaining productive. My dear country would hardly offer these. You love your country, but does your country love you right back?

I love Naija, it is home but I also plan a future too, a big one at that. You'd be joking to think that your well set out plan today would remain feasible in five years in Nigeria with our year on year hyperinflation and terrible governance. Even school fees would've doubled before one graduated. I mentioned something that shook me on another thread - I met a popular Lagos state legislator sitting for IELTS GT sometime in December. That sums it all up I think, if you'd reason it properly.

Bro, stay here (at least I still have my family here too) while we go to grow the population of Nigerians with the right mindset and grooming and we'd be back to make this country great again (if it ever was).

Thank you sir

5 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by mcstan18(m): 4:18am On Jan 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

That his response was so childish that it knocked me out. I give up

5 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 02, 2018
mcstan18:

If you must know Mr. Nigeria, I live "comfortably" here in Lagos, my own home at that but is that all there is to a quality life? Answer is a big, fat NO. I also intend to leave the country and that for the sake of my children's. I have come to understand that Naija isn't on the right path as a nation. You can be doing well for yourself as a person in biz or career, good for you. I'd want my children to grow up with the right mindset (not a loser's mindset of a 50k apartment living in some obscure location), understand the dignity in labor and enjoy quality living while remaining productive. My dear country would hardly offer these. You love your country, but does your country love you right back?

I love Naija, it is home but I also plan a future too, a big one at that. You'd be joking to think that your well set out plan today would remain feasible in five years in Nigeria with our year on year hyperinflation an terrible governance Even school fees would've doubled before one graduated. I mentioned something that shook me on another thread. I met a popular Lagos state legislator sitting for IELTS GT sometime in December. That sums it all up I think, if you'd reason it properly.

Bro, stay here (at least I still have my family here too) while we go to grow the population of Nigerians with the right mindset and grooming and we'd be back to make this country great again (if it ever was).

Thank you sir
na true u talk
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by samuelkingz(m): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
mcstan18:

If you must know Mr. Nigeria, I live "comfortably" here in Lagos, my own home at that but is that all there is to a quality life? Answer is a big, fat NO. I also intend to leave the country and that for the sake of my children's. I have come to understand that Naija isn't on the right path as a nation. You can be doing well for yourself as a person in biz or career, good for you. I'd want my children to grow up with the right mindset (not a loser's mindset of a 50k apartment living in some obscure location), understand the dignity in labor and enjoy quality living while remaining productive. My dear country would hardly offer these. You love your country, but does your country love you right back?

I love Naija, it is home but I also plan a future too, a big one at that. You'd be joking to think that your well set out plan today would remain feasible in five years in Nigeria with our year on year hyperinflation an terrible governance Even school fees would've doubled before one graduated. I mentioned something that shook me on another thread. I met a popular Lagos state legislator sitting for IELTS GT sometime in December. That sums it all up I think, if you'd reason it properly.

Thank you sir
true talk bro..I concur...pls did you by any chance attend unilag and served in kano?

1 Like

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by mcstan18(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
samuelkingz:

true talk bro..I concur...pls did you by any chance attend unilag and served in kano?

None of the above sir wink
Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by daryoor(m): 1:14am On Jan 06, 2018
ken4jj:

This is a long write up but it is very good to read for people who always compare Nigeria to the western countries

The problem with Nigeria is our mentality. An average Nigerian is all about money, money, houses, SUV etc and this is why this question is always coming up. Because of our greed and our ability to acquire, acquire and acquire, our society have been built on storing money, properties. It is not surprising to see Nigerians in Nigeria with fat bank account, many houses with high fence and big gate, high SUV yet the street they live is littered with bad roads and full of generator noise because that is what we care about.

The western world is different because they are not built for people to store money. Their system is designed for money to circulate. This is why even services we pay peanuts for here is Nigeria is costly abroad. Everyone is given the opportunity to live a base life and if you want to be rich you can use your brain and do something extraordinary. For example, a barber, cleaner, nanny etc in the western world has the opportunity to live a normal life. He can save a little money, make a little down payment and buy a house or car on mortgage despite being just a barber. He gets to enjoy his tokunbo car and 2 bedroom apartment even though he is paying for it in the next 10 years. Even if he dies before he finish paying, he cannot say that he didn’t enjoy the basic things of life. Enjoying the basic things of life is not left for the rich alone.
In Nigeria, some people can never enjoy the basic things of life forever. For example, a cleaner, nanny etc can never buy a car because Nigeria is designed for the rich to exploit the poor and there is no buffer to help the poor.

A top bank manager earning more than 1 million naira a month cannot bring out 50k to pay a Nanny or gateman. Instead he will go and bring one Ekaite from the village whom he will exploit as slave. Ekaite will do all the jobs in the house and will not even go to school for the first 3 years. After 3 years, they will now send her to a local school where children sit on the floor even though their own children are going to posh schools. During Christmas, they give Ekaite’s family a bag of rice and 20k and the family is happy due to poverty. But this same man store millions of naira in his account and building lots of houses yet his gateman is just paid 10k a month. In the western world, the bank manager will have over 60% of his earnings go into the payment of other services. That means he will pay the Nanny, guards, gardeners, cleaners, barber etc that works for him an hourly minimum wage. So he has little money to save and build mansions here and there but the good thing is that the people in the lower cadre live a normal life off him and the money circulates.

The Nigerian society is built for exploitation unlike the western world. The greatest disservice to poor man in Nigeria is that they are not paid hourly. The rich man/organizations takes all their time and pay them pea nut at the end of the month but a poor man aboard can work 24 hours and be paid for those 24 hours if he has the strength.

So before you travel, you need to understand how the western society works and what exactly you want. If your aim is to make millions and become rich, build houses here and there, the western society is not for you, you can become rich easier in Nigeria. It is only in Nigeria, you can become rich overnight.
You can go to china, import some substandard goods into the country, bribe SON and customs and sell your goods and make mega millions in a jiffy and build your mansions here and there. If you run a business, you can avoid paying taxes, just tip the FIRS and they would look the other way and you take those taxes you should have paid and build mansions for yourself, you are rich! The FIRS,Custom, SON guys make mega money and build their own mansions, you make your own mega money too, the ordinary people and the government are shortchanged but the govt is not bothered because they loot their own from crude oil directly. In fact, Nigeria is a goldmine if you have the mind and can throw away your conscience. Dem no born you well to not pay your taxes in the western world or do anyhow in the western world.

If you work in many organizations, you may not have to touch your salary because you will be getting illegal cash every day. For example, if you work in immigration, you will be getting 3k, 4k from people who want to get their passport else they may have to wait for one year to get it. If you work in universities, you will be getting extra 3k, 4k, 2k from people who wants their transcripts else they will look for your results for the next one year and so many examples. If you add up this monies, you can see that you are getting more than your salary from your little office. No wonder these civil servants you see have a lot of money. This is what you can never get abroad.

So you can see that it is easy to make it in Nigeria but it comes at a cost. A country where nothing works. No light, no water, bad roads, bad schools, hospitals, insecurity etc. There is no fine house in Nigeria that does not have a high fence and a big gate. In the western world, you would hardly see a fenced house because the police is 2 minutes away from your phone call.

So our mentality is different from the western world. While the western world cares more about the larger society, we care about our individual self and individual wealth and this is why we are richer individually than them but they are richer and better collectively as a society than us. The question you should ask before you travel is what you value more as an individual.

you just broke it down like...

like you designed the matrix

like you wrote the software's programme

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by TWoods(m): 5:26am On Jan 06, 2018
timesup234:
If your dream is to make money in life you have no business going abroad. Nigeria is where all the money is, the money you will make in Nigeria can never be made in any part of the world.

There is no money in Nigeria. It is simply a nation where pilfering of the public till is a national pastime.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Ugosample(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2018
TWoods:

There is no money in Nigeria. It is simply a nation where pilfering of the public till is a national pastime.

The guy you quoted is right....

Nigeria has plenty money, too much money...

The problem is that, the wealth is so, very unevenly distributed, that a few have so much, while more than 60% suffer untold hardship. So yea, that guy is right

Besides, it's easier to make so much money in Nigeria, especially if you are ready to throw away your morality and good conscience

6 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2018
TWoods:

are u in bussiness or just key board rants

5 Likes

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by elderken(m): 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
error4040:

This really got my ribs cracking cheesy[i] LoL bro he/she is More bitter than Bitter leaf it self grin grin grin.
Why is he bitter ? the Man/woman is a bloody hypocrite and i believe his reason was due to been denied multiple visas which made he/her to see anything America or europe as a Curse!!![/i]

1 Like

Re: Time To Rethinks This Travelling Abroad Thing by error4040: 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=elderken post=64506687][/quote] I see you Bro!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Epassport From Nigeria House NY / FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 / Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.