Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt (1077 Views)

Glo Data Service Down Throughout Today! / Affordable : Sublime Data Service / Which Gsm Network Provides The Best Data Service Currently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
For a few days now, probably over a week, I have observed that the data service of airtel has become very close to nonexistent in this town. Is it that they are making a mockery of us their subscribers or they simply do not care that there is a reason we subscribed, which is to use it at our convenience?

I wish to inform Airtel Nigeria that their Port Harcourt staff are selling them out to their competitors with their incompetence. However, if the fault is outside the control of the local staff/contractors, they should state it clearly and make us stop wasting our hard earned money paying for subscriptions we may never get to use when crucially needed.
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by Pierohandsome: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
I stopped using airtel over 7 months ago. They are so useless
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by JanWuya: 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
I once had an experience like this one. Though in Lagos. I think they have a way of resolving it. I got a call from some engineer after complaining on Twitter and the issue was resolved. You can reach out to them @Airtel_care for assistance.
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by gqboyy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Same thing here in Kano
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
JanWuya:
I once had an experience like this one. Though in Lagos. I think they have a way of resolving it. I got a call from some engineer after complaining on Twitter and the issue was resolved. You can reach out to them @Airtel_care for assistance.

I'm not on Twitter. I guess I'll just endure till my data runs out. Thank God I'm a heavy data user so I'll definitely finish it before it expires
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by awa(m): 6:04am On Dec 18, 2017
careytommy7:
For a few days now, probably over a week, I have observed that the data service of airtel has become very close to nonexistent in this town. Is it that they are making a mockery of us their subscribers or they simply do not care that there is a reason we subscribed, which is to use it at our convenience?

I wish to inform Airtel Nigeria that their Port Harcourt staff are selling them out to their competitors with their incompetence. However, if the fault is outside the control of the local staff/contractors, they should state it clearly and make us stop wasting our hard earned money paying for subscriptions we may never get to use when crucially needed.

Dear Careytommy7,

You have done a great service to AIRTEL by sharing your observation(s) and be rest assured that AIRTEL in their usual characteristic way would speedily respond to your issue. As a long time AIRTEL Subscriber, I remember them calling me on several occasions to inquire about my user experience on their network.

Surprisingly, I am within PH and AIRTEL data Service has been top notch for me within Rumukurushi Elimgbu axis.
Bros it would be nice to mention your own area of observation for AIRTEL to fully support you in resolving this issue you raised. Better still you can reach out to their Customers care lines and share your observation.

Thanks once again for your information because we the Subscribers can equally help the Operators to deliver more services to us.

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by awa(m): 6:26am On Dec 18, 2017
careytommy7:

I'm not on Twitter. I guess I'll just endure till my data runs out. Thank God I'm a heavy data user so I'll definitely finish it before it expires

Dear Mr. careytommy7,

I do understand that you are not on Twitter but please be kind enough to reach out to one of the Engineers that works for AIRTEL I know in Port Harcourt, he would gladly take this issue up and ensure it is resolved immediately.

I am very very sure this issue you escalated MUST have gotten the attention of AIRTEL CEO and if not that you didn't put your contact you would have received calls from them since yesterday.
Kindly contact the Engineer that works for AIRTEL on 08022220096. I assure you he would do everything humanly and technically possible to resolve the issue. He once supported me.

Thanks and don't forget we the Subscribers do have some roles to play in improving Data Service experience. You have done great in this regards but you can do more by calling that Engineer that works for AIRTEL in PH.
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
awa:

Dear Mr. careytommy7,

I do understand that you are not on Twitter but please be kind enough to reach out to one of the Engineers that works for AIRTEL I know in Port Harcourt, he would gladly take this issue up and ensure it is resolved immediately.

I am very very sure this issue you escalated MUST have gotten the attention of AIRTEL CEO and if not that you didn't put your contact you would have received calls from them since yesterday.
Kindly contact the Engineer that works for AIRTEL on 08022220096. I assure you he would do everything humanly and technically possible to resolve the issue. He once supported me.

Thanks and don't forget we the Subscribers do have some roles to play in improving Data Service experience. You have done great in this regards but you can do more by calling that Engineer that works for AIRTEL in PH.

Wow. You've done very well and would make a very good customer care agent.
I saw your IM alert notification, however I have forgotten the password of the email I used in registering. However, I reside along Egbelu Rd in Rumuodara. Funny enough, when I went to the top of my street to watch EPL games in a bar close to Okporo Road the network was good and I was even downloading movies. Immediately I got back to my house which is close to Omega House the same network issue started again.
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by awa(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
careytommy7:

Wow. You've done very well and would make a very good customer care agent.
I saw your IM alert notification, however I have forgotten the password of the email I used in registering. However, I reside along Egbelu Rd in Rumuodara. Funny enough, when I went to the top of my street to watch EPL games in a bar close to Okporo Road the network was good and I was even downloading movies. Immediately I got back to my house which is close to Omega House the same network issue started again.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feedback. Be rest assured that AIRTEL field Team will be conducting a Drive Test within the Omega House-Power Encounter axis of the East West Road even up to Adamac and towards Eze Wali Estate upward Mgbesilaru RD road with sole aim of establishing why you had a poor downlink experience.

I specifically spoke with that their Engineer I gave you his number and he confirmed he will be visiting your axis tomorrow morning.

On a lighter note, though I am not an AIRTEL Customer Care Agent, I naturally derive joy helping out in whatever way I could to see someone else smile. I smile more when I see people smile due to my little effort.

Thanks. I would update you on the outcome of the proposed visit tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
awa:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feedback. Be rest assured that AIRTEL field Team will be conducting a Drive Test within the Omega House-Power Encounter axis of the East West Road even up to Adamac and towards Eze Wali Estate upward Mgbesilaru RD road with sole aim of establishing why you had a poor downlink experience.

I specifically spoke with that their Engineer I gave you his number and he confirmed he will be visiting your axis tomorrow morning.

On a lighter note, though I am not an AIRTEL Customer Care Agent, I naturally derive joy helping out in whatever way I could to see someone else smile. I smile more when I see people smile due to my little effort.

God bless you Sir. People like you who naturally seek out to help others are always blessed and favoured.
Once again, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by dukeo(m): 6:27am On Dec 19, 2017
awa:

Dear Sir,

I would have asked you to help me out too but I'm in makurdi experiencing the same issue. They have never really been serious about my tweets. Telling me to dm the affected number meanwhile everybody using airtel around where I stay complains
Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
dukeo:

I would have asked you to help me out too but I'm in makurdi experiencing the same issue. They have never really been serious about my tweets. Telling me to dm the affected number meanwhile everybody using airtel around where I stay complains

It's quite sad. The screenshot below basically shows how poor their service is and I move around a lot.

Re: Airtel's Poor Data Service In Port Harcourt by dukeo(m): 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
careytommy7:

It's quite sad. The screenshot below basically shows how poor their service is and I move around a lot.

Honestly, I've given up on their issue. When I get money, I'll just goan buy a pocket mifi and save my phone the stress

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / . / How To Record Your Computer Screen Using VLC Media Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.