Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,884 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:30 AM

Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night (58157 Views)

The Newly Completed Olaiya Flyover In Osogbo, Osun State / The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos) / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Governor Aregbesola, has taken to his twitter handle to appreciate the beautiful pictures of oshogo, has recently taken by a resident of the City!

What is your take?

lalasticlala let's appreciate the Real Mr Project!

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Fantastic!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
d place fyne smal sha grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Ihatepork: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
If not for that salary issue, Aregbe would have been the best thing since fried plantain
P. S: I'm not judging based on these pictures. This guy has done a lot in Osun state

245 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by BankeSmalls(f): 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
Beautiful photos Ngene, I would have loved to derail the thread just to even a score, but let me go, today is Sunday grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by BankeSmalls(f): 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
wink
Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by BankeSmalls(f): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
grin
Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by BankeSmalls(f): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
cheesy
Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ihatepork:
If not for that salary issue, Aregbe would have been the best thing since fried plantain

What I like most about his projects, is the quality of works.....only Fashola and Sullivan Chime former governors of Lagos and Enugu States came close, when it comes quality projects..

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
undecided I don't see anything breathtaking here...Just some road that is properly lighted.

161 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nnewi is better than the entire Osun State grin

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

What I like most about his projects, is the quality of works.....only Fashola and Sullivan Chime former governors of Lagos and Enugu States came close, when it comes quality projects..
even Rivers state is better Dan dis cabbage ur showing us here undecided

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Ihatepork: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Cool
Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesse01:
even Rivers state is better Dan dis cabbage ur showing us here

The ones done by Amaechi?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by BankeSmalls(f): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Keneking:
Nnewi is better than the entire Osun State grin

crazydude1:
undecided I don't see anything breathtaking here...Just some road that is properly lighted.

People, people, let's leave them. In the spirit of Sunday grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by princefunmmy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is this what is called beauty? I wonder what sort of clueless and unenlighten people we have in government and also deluded followers they've got... Things are gonna change someday

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by adeolakemi: 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
as a Yoruba this is nowhere beautiful you need to be in Oshogbo to see how dirty and filthy it is I'm ashamed of my fellow Yoruba's there ..... osun =burial ground

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Ihatepork: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Yes, his projects are usually of top quality as evident in the schools he built. And I think that has to do with the fact that he's an accomplished engineer. Recently, I was telling someone that no Nigerian governor since 1999 bar Fashola has delivered more infrastructural projects than Aregbesola.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Ihatepork: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
adeolakemi:
as a Yoruba this is nowhere beautiful you need to be in Oshogbo to see how dirty and filthy it is I'm ashamed of my fellow Yoruba's there osun =burial ground

You should be more concerned about Aba and Onitsha that are unarguably the dirtiest villages in Africa. shameless ipob miscreant grin grin Even the fake name you're using is so generic. cheesy Osun State is far developed than all your potorpotor villages

186 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anibirelawal(m): 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
just the road

5 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by baybeeboi: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is this not just a round about?

Even round-abouts are celebrated in Nigeria.

Just when I thought ebonyi had nothing reasonable to advertise.

18 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by DrMuzungu(m): 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
The first image. What happened with the area in the upper left corner? Are there no people living in that area? They don't deserve light? We know how it works. You put the lights on for the photoshoot. After that, they won't see it for weeks...

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by AdaFonju: 3:02am On Dec 18, 2017
U stumbled on these picture, were they on the ground?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anonimi: 4:46am On Dec 18, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
The ones done by Amaechi?

Yes, see below grin

Mogidi:
He delivered good governance hence his protégé was unsuccessful in his bid to become governor.
Amaechi is high on grade 1 Buhari urine.

ijekul:

As the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by the Rivers State Government to probe the sale of valued assets of the state and other matters continued its sitting on Friday, the technical consultant to the state on the monorail project, Arcus Gibbs revealed that  he advised former Governor Chibuike Amaechi against continuing with the project.

Managing Director of Arcus Gibbs Nig Ltd, Wiero Viguezang, however said his company gave the advice only after collecting N22.9bn from the Rivers State Government since its services were enlisted in March 1, 2010.

Viguezang spoke when he appeared before the commission to explain the role played by his company in the monorail project being probed by the commission.

While being cross-examined by counsel to the commission, Dr. Zaccheus Adangor, Viguezang, stated that the monorail project was no longer tenable considering the shortfall in the state’s revenue and the inability of its original technical and equity partners, TSI Nig Ltd, headed by the former military administrator of Rivers State, Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo (Rtd.), to fulfil its obligations to contribute 80 per cent of its equity holdings.

He disclosed that the state owes his company N1.1bn for its services.
He also said the company had in a letter to the Rivers State through the ministry of transport, in April, made a six-point recommendation to the Rivers State on how to unbundle the monorail project in such a way that the state government can salvage some financial benefits out of the N33.9bn so far invested in the project. The monorail project was originally estimated to cost about Euros2250m.

The technical partner had in its sixth point of recommendation suggested to the Rivers State Government to unbundle the monorail project and approach the manufacturers of the mechanical components and rail tracks in Germany and exploit the possibility of reselling components at a lower price to the manufacturers.

He said the company also advised the state government to consider the option of using the monorail facilities for other commercially viable purposes, mentioning the spaces between pillars and surrounding areas of the monorail project, stressing that the area between Azikiwe Road and the UTC axis could be put into very fruitful commercial purpose.
Viguezang also told the commission that his company and the state government had planned to unveil the monorail project last April specifically to mislead the people of Rivers State into thinking that the project, which has gulped N33.9bn, was still on course.

He admitted that his company wrote a memo to the commissioner for transport to arrange the unveiling of the project essentially for media coverage since the project was “technically uncompleted”. 

According to Viguezang, “We actually wrote to the ministry of transport in January, to arrange for the governor to unveil the monorail project in April for the attention and coverage of the media based on the expectation of the people of the state.”

When asked to clarify if the unveiling was to deceive the people of Rivers State into believing that the controversial monorail project was ready, Viguezang admitted; “It was to deceive the people into believing that the monorail project was at last ready”.

The managing director, however, stressed that “apart from the media coverage and public attention that it is expected to generate, the monorail was not technically and commercially ready. Only phase 1a within phase 1 of the project was ready. So, there was no way the public would have been able to use the monorail as at April when we asked the ministry of transport to unveil the project to the media”.

Viguezang admitted that the Rivers State government enlisted services of Arcus Gibbs at the cost of N600 million from March 1, 2010 to December 1, 2010, after the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with TSI collapsed because TSI could not raise revenue to fulfil the payment of its 80 per cent equity share capital.

He stated that part of its role as the technical service provider to the Rivers State government concerning the monorail project was to evaluate and assess the activities of TSI and give an independent opinion to the Rivers State government.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-technical-consultants-advised-amaechi-against-monorail-project-after-collecting-n22bn/218811/

8 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anonimi: 4:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Ihatepork:

Expensive fried plantain like the one Engineer Aregberascal eats in Bola Ige House

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2885358_img20150922174134_jpeg0fdff65c2baa2dc29d70b69a4da476f6

14 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anonimi: 4:52am On Dec 18, 2017
Ihatepork:
Yes, his projects are usually of top quality as evident in the schools he built. And I think that has to do with the fact that he's an accomplished engineer. Recently, I was telling someone that no Nigerian governor since 99 bar Fashola has delivered more infrastructural projects than Aregbesola.

Built a few schools while many others are rotting away without newly recruited professional teachers to replace retiring ones and no laboratory, no libraries?
No wonder Osun state educational performance has been going down.

Nne5:
Abia State recorded the best result in the recently concluded 2017 May/June WASSCE.

WAEC confirmed that 1,243,772 (one million two hundred and forty three thousand seven hundred and seventy two) candidates, representing 79.77% obtained credits and above in five (5) subjects.

According to the ranking, Abia State, which presented 51,839 candidates recorded 81.54% of students who obtained five credits with English Language and Mathematics.

Statistics also showed that the South-South and South-East dominated the top 10 ranking, while Taraba State recorded a major improvement in their students’ performance, rising from 21st to 8th position.

Rivers, Edo, Bayelsa and Delta finished second, third, fifth and 10th, respectively behind Abia.

South-East had four states in the top 10 ranking with Abia as first, Imo fourth, Anambra sixth and Enugu ninth.

Top 10 WAEC results by state
1. Abia
2. Rivers
3. Edo
4. Imo
5. Bayelsa
6. Anambra
7. Lagos
8. Taraba
9. Enugu
10. Delta

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/24/waec-abia-rivers-lead-nationwide-2017-mayjune-wassce-results-see-top-10/

Tolexander:
"Opon Imo" state don suffer from the hands of that he-goat Arigbesesola!

Where are the South West APC States apart from Lagos?
I won't be surprised if they are lead by Ekiti state, which many do call a stomach infrastructure state.

Bunch of propaganda dishing governors.

6 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anonimi: 4:56am On Dec 18, 2017
princefunmmy:
Is this what is called beauty? I wonder what sort of clueless and unenlighten people we have in government and also deluded followers they've got... Things are gonna change someday

How are things gonna change someday IF, as I suspect, you and other youths are not members of a political party saving your money to donate for their activities and campaigning vigorously for credible candidates who can be accountable to you instead of being held hostage by the godfathers who invested money and mobilised voters

[img]http://tobefree.files./2016/11/orwell_peoplewhoelectcorrupt.jpg[/img]

12 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anonimi: 5:00am On Dec 18, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Are you drunk on odourless fufu or what exactly is doing you
What quality works in the longest airport runway that has never been completed?
All Poverty Congress, APC of looters and rogues.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-phyaGgNy0Sk/U-DIUmiwLaI/AAAAAAABNqA/Oi4ky_esKd4/s1600/osun4.png[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2476155_aregbesolaairportcompletionpromise2014_jpeg7fac7bf803cd9410c988d3f00821ea7f

Firefire:
As a rejoinder to this publication: https://www.nairaland.com/2872621/aregbesola-inflated-airport-contract-n11.5bn#42080710

Femi Makinde, Osogbo

The Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said he deserves commendation for building the Moshood Abiola International Airport at Ido-Osun, Osun State, for N11.5bn.

A consultant to the state government on information, Mr. Sunday Akere, who spoke on behalf of the governor, said this in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Tuesday.

He said the contract was not inflated to siphon the state’s resources as alleged by the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said the increase in the contract sum was necessitated by the inflation caused by the fall of the naira.

Akere said, “The PDP in Osun should be ignored, they are just seeking relevance. They should find out how much PDP states like Akwa Ibom, Gombe and others built their airports.

“When former President Goodluck Jonathan was in power, he said he added an additional airstrip to the Nnamdi Azikiwi International Airport, Abuja with N36bn. We should be commended for building an airport with N11.5bn.

“If we are building a complete airport with a hanger and other facilities for N11.5bn, then we should be commended. The governor deserves commendation.”

Akere also said the initial cost of the airport was underestimated.

But the PDP accused the governor of increasing unilaterally the contract sum of the airport from N4.5bn to N15.5bn.

The Director of Media and Strategy of the Osun PDP, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, said this in a statement on Sunday.

The statement read, “We are aware that Governor Rauf Aregbesola, on January 8, 2016 through a letter with reference number SP/S96/1/vi/348 re-awarded the airport contract to the same contractor and a payment of N472m was paid as take-off sum.

“The same company had earlier been paid N2.7bn for the same project without any serious work done on the project.

The PDP also accused the governor of inflating the contract sum in order to embezzle the bailout funds it got from the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The opposition party lamented that workers in the employ of the state were languishing in hunger as a result of unpaid salaries.

The party had said, “We are calling on the President and anti-graft agencies to send a secret team to the site of the so-called Moshood Abiola International Airport, Ido-Osun, to confirm what the government and the airport company had done with the N2.7bn taken from the purse of the state on December 14, 2012.

“Out of the amount, N2.5bn was sourced as a loan from a bank to be repaid monthly at N100m from the SURE-P funds. That loan is now part of the N88bn restructured for the state by the Central Bank for repayment till the year 2034 shocked.”

http://www.punchng.com/aregbesola-admits-increasing-airport-contract-by-n7bn/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3313876_inflatess_jpegedf527ceff41723c0a8e914a1c8e7dc8

9 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by anonimi: 5:01am On Dec 18, 2017
crazydude1:

Look closely in the picture below, perhaps you might find something breathtaking to actually take your breath away. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3425400_oshogbo_jpeg_jpegcb19277af27e193e4565bf136d696d0b

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by princefunmmy(m): 11:16am On Dec 18, 2017
anonimi:

How are things gonna change someday IF, as I suspect, you and other youths are not members of a political party saving your money to donate for their activities and campaigning vigorously for credible candidates who can be accountable to you instead of being held hostage by the godfathers who invested money and mobilised voters

[img]http://tobefree.files./2016/11/orwell_peoplewhoelectcorrupt.jpg[/img]
That's why i said someday because i am gonna be taking political post too or be actively involved to influence those in office

2 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Vivere: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ihatepork:

Yes, his projects are usually of top quality as evident in the schools he built. And I think that has to do with the fact that he's an accomplished engineer. Recently, I was telling someone that no Nigerian governor since 99 bar Fashola has delivered more infrastructural projects than Aregbesola.

Aregbesola? Accomplished engineer? He has only school certificate, now. When and where did he study engineering?

5 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night by Ihatepork: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
Vivere:

Aregbesola? Accomplished engineer? He has only school certificate, now. When and where did he study engineering?

Yes, he's a graduate of mechanical engineering from IBADANPOLY. He even has his own engineering firm and he's a Fellow of Nigerian
Society of Engineers and Nigerian Association of Technological Engineers

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) / Engaged Lady Dies In Ghastly Accident Days After Posting Dangote, Gombe Accident / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.