Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,003 members, 7,799,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 (3502 Views)

The Only One Way Left To Sell Anything Online / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" / Commodity Prices To Rise In 2018; Oil Supply From Nigeria Could Be Volatile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Venzal: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello NLers,

Since the time I had the privilege to share my lil knowledge via this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering

...there's been a lot of changes on Fiverr. Some have been gladly accepted and some not so accepted.

The most recent one has landed the most telling blow, if I dare to say so.

If you don't know already, Fiverr made changes to the conditions that determine when you get promoted to the next level.

If you have not seen that already, check it out here:

https:// fiverr. com / levels (remove spaces).

What this means is that Freelancing on Fiverr starting Jan 2018 is going to become tougher.

So where does that leave us "little guys?"

There are two options:

1. It's either you run away: Join other online business model(s).

OR

2. You brave the changes and put your best foot forward.

If #2 is your choice, then I want to help with a few tips. And that's the purpose of this thread.

To succeed as a freelancer next year, not only on Fiverr but generally as a freelancer, there's ONLY one thing you need to change.

Starting tomorrow and for the next few days, I will blow the lids open on what that thing is.

UPDATE (12/19/2017):

I figured it would be better to condense the info into a PDF file so I took the time out y'day to compile that report.

You can download it here

I'll still share some more points that aren't in the PDF here, so you should also check everyday for updates.

So...

The ONLY thing that you need to become in 2018 as a freelancer is a PREMIUM FREELANCER.

Now, there's nothing really special about that. It's just a coined term and I'll explain in a bit.

But before then, I discovered earlier this year that clients do not really care about your "expertise," your experience or your educational background...

What clients really care about is: "Can you help me get results?"

It's all left for you to DEMONSTRATE and SHOW that you are capable of doing just that.

When they go through your profile, your gig description, your profile info, your profile overview (on upwork), your proposals/customized offers etc...

They pick everything with a fine tooth comb to spot hints that show this is the guy for the job.

Now, not every client does this.

ONLY high-quality clients do this (and for most of them, it's a sub-conscious thing).

These are the kind of clients you really want to attract.

Because they are the ones that pay more, pay on time, leave you with glowing reviews (as long as you have done a good job), easy to communicate with etc.

So the aim is to become a premium freelancer that ATTRACTS these kind of clients.

How to become a premium freelancer? I'll get to this in a bit.

But I want you to know that a premium freelancer is the freelancer who:

[+] Sees and treats his freelancing biz as a real business...

[+] Strategically position himself to attract high quality clients...

[+] Has plans and specific goals... and goes all out to meet them.

Now, TONS of freelancers on Fiverr, Upwork and co just jump in there just "to see if I can make a few bucks here and there like others are doing."

They don't treat freelancing like a business.

And that's why many of them are struggling to get their breakthrough.

They have no plan in place. Whatever comes, they take it.

If you are like that, you ought to change this in 2018, because you will definitely get swallowed up by the competition.

Again, I shared the main tips on how to become a premium freelancer in the free report I earlier talked about.

And I'll also be sharing a few here.

But before then, here's another thing -- really important -- that has to change for you in 2018:

++ Focus more on high paying jobs than quantity of jobs.

Here's what I mean in practical sense:

Focus more on jobs that pay you higher fees than pursuing a set number of say, monthly jobs.

For example, if you get 5 jobs that pay $200 in a month. That's equivalent to $1k.

Compared to the guy who gets 30 jobs of $20, you will be more refreshed, earn more, less stressed, have the time to further improve your skills (which is very important) etc.

And that's where the becoming a premium freelancer thing I am hammering on becomes key.

Because no client will pay you BIG money if they find self-sabotaging mistakes in your vital freelancing pieces.

For example, most freelancers will write stuffs like:

"I am a xxxxx. I have Bleep experience in xxxxx. I can help you zzzzzz and I have done...."

That is wrong, my friend.

I used to do this too, until I discovered that it's not about you (the Freelancer), it is about THE CLIENT.

The above freelancer didn't say anything about what the client is looking to achieve.

Instead, he's focusing more on himself.

Do yet get this?

So there are a lot of things you need to change in your vital freelancing pieces that will immediately position you as someone that is worth a premium fee... and that's when you become a premium freelancer.

Later tonight, I'm going to do a practical example of "what clients want"

Until then, read this again. Get the core message and get prepared.

If you have question, please do fire away.

Cheers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by emmaBS(m): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Emmy9ite(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by bboy07(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by OldBeer: 1:04am On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by gracefoundmme(m): 2:59am On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by prahcetomi(m): 3:11am On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by eldee365: 3:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Following.
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by docphresh(m): 4:13am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Mission2prosper: 5:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Fingerprinter(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by modath(f): 7:15am On Dec 18, 2017
Following....
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by simba01(m): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by BabaCommander: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2017
modath:
Following....
ur own following na to buy funds.

4 Likes

Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by modath(f): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaCommander:
ur own following na to buy funds.

grin... It's all good that we are all showing presence when da boss is dropping it like it's hot.... & like even you too can attest.... Mo's track record is 101%.... smiley
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by mrphysics(m): 10:14am On Dec 18, 2017
Following. Let me learn from the boss himself
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Yian1(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by funkylarry(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by BrotherBlood1: 11:31am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by ShinyJay22(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by oekehinde: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Impulse80(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
Following Baba Venzal! Omoluabi of internet marketing! Ah go follow you go anywhere! Na only toilet ah no go follow you go!

1 Like

Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by blizzers(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by randomShek: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by BanjiHols(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by BeastOfNoTribe: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Following...
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Emmanuel555(m): 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Gmajor(m): 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Buchika: 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by anthronics: 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by kunlesufyan(m): 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: The Only Way Left For The "Little Guy" To Make Freelancing PROFITABLE In 2018 by Emmyk(m): 12:14am On Dec 19, 2017
Following. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Will Smile To The Bank Before Weekend, Just Try This System Out! / Tv ,ac , Generator And Fridge For Sale 08022219777 / This Site Pay $.50 For Uploading A File(anything At All) See Payment Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.