Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

"What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku (13599 Views)

Shehu Sani Speaks On What Nigeria Has Become In 59 Years / 2019 Elections: What Nigeria Can Learn From South Africa By Oke Umurhohwo / Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Blue3k2: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
A former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has advised governments at all levels to create the enabling environment that would attract and sustain investments that would create jobs for the army of unemployed in Nigeria.

A statement by Atiku Media Organisation on Sunday in Abuja reported Mr. Abubakar as making the recommendation to mark the United Nations International Migrants Day holding on Monday.

He said that creation of jobs and opportunities with inclusive government that did not engender crisis would help to stem the ill-fated migration of Nigerians.

Thousands of Nigerians seeking greener pastures are stranded in Libya despite over 3,000 being flown back home.

Mr. Abubakar said that the major driver of migration, which at times were ill fated like in the case of Libya, was the search of a better life and opportunity.

He said that the current situation in the country where three million jobs, according to the National Bureau of Statistics, had been lost annually in the last two years, had rendered millions jobless.

He added that no prospects of opportunities were compelled to take the suicidal flight.

“The chances of a young person with a job and opportunity at home taking a suicidal flight in search of a better life will become an exception and not the rule”, he said.

He also attributed the cause of migration to poverty and insecurity in the original countries of the migrants.

Mr. Abubakar noted that it was imperative for governments in Africa, Nigeria inclusive, to govern in such a way as to create an environment conducive for economic progress and employment generation.

He added that a fair and inclusive government would spread available opportunities to all citizens.

This, according to him, will also encourage those with entrepreneurial inclination to start businesses and factories to absorb the teeming population of the unemployed, thus making unbridled migration unnecessary.

The former Vice President stated that citizens did not choose to be migrants but unpleasant social, economic and political conditions in many countries forced them into migrants, seeking new homes, security, employment and a better future.

He opined that all hands needed to be on deck to deal squarely, and in a humane manner, with the challenges thrown up by the reality of migration in the contemporary World.

He said that one of the worst forms of maltreatment, which a migrant could experience, was the large scale enslavement of young and helpless Nigerian and African migrants in Libya which recently drew global attention.

“To prevent the recurrence of unbridled migration as we have today among Nigerian youths, the authorities at federal and state levels should endeavour to discourage potential migrants.

“This should be done through public enlightenment and information about the down sides of poorly conceived overseas travels.”

He urged the international community to ensure that the international code of treatment of migrants was strictly adhered to.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/252742-nigerian-govts-must-stop-libya-migration-atiku.html

3 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by mrvitalis(m): 12:06am On Dec 18, 2017
Very cheap talk how would you create the jobs ?

How would you fund the entrepreneurs

Hope you know Nigerian average revenue can this handle all this if no how would you increase revenue

We need this answers so we know how to hold you responsible

Don't tell me the problem with Nigerian and the solution every one knows the problem with Nigeria and what we need to do to get better

The real issue is this how do we do what we have to do with what we have now
Answer this question and you have my vote

How would you give Nigerians job,where would the jobs come from

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 18, 2017
This man don turn monitiring spirit because of power!!

6 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by BabaRamota1980: 12:10am On Dec 18, 2017
I am surprised that an ex boss of Customs would see creation of job as an antidote to cross border smuggling of persons. Has Atiku read any article or even studied papers on this issue before speaking?

He missed the opportunity to speak credibly as a professional here. He lives in a border state, this statement from him is unsympathetic and lacks emotional warmth from leader of culture in Adamawa.

Children are kidnapped and smuggled across border.

18 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by bolanto24(m): 12:57am On Dec 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

Hope you know Nigerian average revenue can this handle all this if no how would you increase revenue

Don't tell me the problem with Nigerian and the solution every one knows the problem with Nigeria and what we need to do to get better

Did you and your likes asked how Buhari will achieve all his gigantic campaign promises before you supported and voted for him

Leave tribalism aside Atiku is better than Buhari in all capacity.

We have tried Buhari even after 3 failed attempts.

Let's give Atiku chance to Save Nigeria.

My one cent.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Jirate(m): 2:12am On Dec 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

Why Didn't you Ask Buhari and APC this all Important Question in 2015?, I am sorry to Ask.

When Ever APC makes Phantom Promises, Nigerians Shout "Change", if others talks they say "Corruption".

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 18, 2017
The only reason I'll listen to him is because he himself is a creator of jobs in Nigeria and I commend him for that.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Desyner: 2:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Talk is cheap and even has a huge discount in Nigeria.
TALK TOWARDS 2019 1 Kobo 0.001 Kobo (99% OFF ! ! ! )

3 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Pavore9: 3:33am On Dec 18, 2017
Politicians and their sugar coated words!

4 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by businessempire: 4:05am On Dec 18, 2017
shocked

Even Dangote dropped from 51th to 105th richest man in the world.

I believe Atiku will breath life back to Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by crackerspub: 4:17am On Dec 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

Uncle did you miss your medications again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by BabaRamota1980: 4:28am On Dec 18, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
The only reason I'll listen to him is because he himself is a creator of jobs in Nigeria and I commend him for that.

Which job has he created?

2 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Flyingngel(m): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2017
Atiku claiming intellectual because of 2019.

4 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2017
k

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by stevezuks: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Useless political post. Please view my ads instead.

what are you waiting for? Visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get high quality, neatly written to APA standard (or any standard of your choice)project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

Hire our researchers to write your undergraduate final year research project. Custom and Plagiarism free
With money back guarantee. Visit us now
https://RunMyResearch.com
Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by iamleumas: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2017
The problem is we rely on government to do a lot of things for us,

The private sector needs to up their game while government provides favourable policies.

It is high time we scrap this idea of feeding into the national grid concerning power. It is drawing certain states back.

Meanwhile,
I'm urgently in need of money & I want to give out my 57k facebook page for just #15k
If you're interested, kindly Quote me.
Thanks.
Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Olawalesadiq(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2017
i rather vote Atiku than give that Cow rearer second chance ... the Devil you know it far better than the unknown one......

4 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by tstx(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2017
We just need Good leadership....

our people are migrating because the country is not prospering..

in recent ranking, Nigeria was Ranked 128th Most Prosperous Country In The World, 29th In Africa
Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by AnodaIT(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Now a presidential talk

This is a presidential candidate that won't shy away from debates

This is a presidential candidate that gives specifics on how to tackle issues

This is a strong, healthy and capable presidential candidate

This is Atiku Abubakar

Let's Atikulate 2019

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by LilSmith55(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Na soo e dey take start, after winning election.... They will turn deaf hear (Case Study, Muhammed Buhari)

2 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by ultron12345: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2017
our Edo people no go still hear
Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by seunlayi(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2017
Thank you our next experimental pressy

1 Like

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by oviejnr(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2017
Im not falling for his SCAM, no matter how hard he try undecided

2 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Jenniferwest005: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2017
If you are willing to sell your btc contact me @ +2349030345874
Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by seunlayi(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2017
mrvitalis:

Hope you are not from Kano where 3m Bottles Of Codeine-containing Syrup are bn consumed daily because I expect you to know that Atiku apart from bn a politician is also a successful entrepreneur unlike the yellow tall handsome man from Daura

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by infoservant: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2017
My prayer is that we have good leader come 2019.
Well, if you need job or profitable low start up capital you can invest in, check my profile/signature to visit my blog
Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2017
The new scam in town is called Atikwuchukwu. I refuse to now for that rubbish

1 Like

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Phygo(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2017
My take,.........For naija to work we need
(1) Steady power supply.
(2)Don't border fighting corruption. Encourage dem to invest dia loot in naija
(3) Food security and value addition
(4) Build more railways. The cheapest means of transportation.
(5) Checkmate ur contractors.
(6) good primary health care.

*****††**************†*******”"""”"********†
No1 is the most important. Any leader wey go give us steady power walahi na my best.

5 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by Doerstech(m): 7:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Mr President 2019

2 Likes

Re: "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku by sotall(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2017
OK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu Suppressed Cases Against Amosun, Kwankwaso, Says Salami Panel / Ganduje, APC NWC Visit Buhari In Daura, Confident Of Winning Imo Poll, Others / 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.