Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? (47172 Views)

Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Buhari's Educational Qualification / See The Educational Qualification Of All President Buhari's Children, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by livinbygrace: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2017
All I know is that he graduated from ABU

2 Likes

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Nigeriadondie: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Since it appear that the battle line is likely to be between Buhari and Atiku, I think it is important for us to start asking reasonable questions.

Please, who knows what is Atiku's highest qualification? Does he even have a first degree?

I do know it's not just about your degree but to some extent, it matters. Nigeria is where it is because we have been led by those who are not well educated.
What about Yar’ Adua with an M.Sc and GEJ with a Ph.D? What difference did they make? What we need are not people with chains of degrees here and there to flaunt but what they can offer. Take for example, Okowa is a medical doctor and d present governor of Delta state yet with all its revenue is in a mess even d health sector and nothing is being planned to revamp these areas. Our ministries, departments and agencies have been headed by so-called technocrats with an array of degree yet the entire nation is retrogressing.
Our tertiary institutions are being administered by people with chains of degrees yet rather than use it for the benefit of all they develop ingenious means timo steal, plunder and criminally enrich themselves.
The system is what matters. Creating and developing strong institutions with strong enforcement of the law to ensure order in the society as well as equality before.

In the words of Obama, Africa needs strong institutions not strong men. When u ve such, no body becomes indispensible or seem to run the show. Even when the person is no longer on the scene, things wud still function as they should.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by ayagha: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Where is buharis secondary school certificate.
Atiku has a Diploma with a very high IQ unlike buhari who lacks the intellectual capacity to understand 21st century economics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by HAH: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Yes he has a diploma, but he employs professors in his university, he is also employing over 50000, people in different organizations with lots of them bsc, MSc and PhD holders. Stop seeing only certificate as evidence of success.

Atiku was DCG of customs, was vice President of Nigeria, this two experience is more than any certificate.

Yes certificate is good, but what you need to succeed is grace of God and has blessed atiku

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by pcicero(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Abudu2000:
Smh, you wouldn't suspect.....

I don't get it. So, everyone should be railroaded into your Buhari messianic project like you did in 2015.

You guys took up the whole space and stampeded anyone who urged caution against resting all our hopes on a man who has not demonstrated real readiness to fix the country except the usual cliche of 'I will fight corruption".

We can now see how much corruption he has ridden the country of when it is now incontrovertible that corruption resides in his bedroom.

You know what, i care less about what you think of me.
I can tell you how much damage Buhari has done to this country.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Kaycee9242(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Nawaooo!!! Leaving Buhari for atiku is it not like repeating same method and expecting a different output. Y do we like to settle for mediocre?
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by senatordave1(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Threebear:

Yes we are voting him, atiku will win in the east and south south that's for sure.
South south will always vote PDP and the east will rather vote a mannequin than Buhari.
Then can slug it out for the west and North.
I don't see how Atiku won't win this election.
He will slug it out for which north? You forgot that pdp won ss/se when they were in power?
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by TedBaker(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Bachelor in what? grin
LLB Unimaid
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Dee60: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2017
SMSguru:
Ask Google. Meanwhile, I disagree with you. Goodluck Jonathan is a graphic example of well educated president of Nigeria.
Our problem is hydra-headed, very complex.

Paper qualification is not what we need here. GEJ is a good example of how qualification does not translate into competence.

Our problem is not rocket science. We need good leaders and not ruthless looters like some of the names they are bandying around.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by muller101(m): 8:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Atiku had no University education. He went to school of hygiene in Kano. Later joined the customs that's all. His dad never cared for him to be educated
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Tamunofiri(m): 8:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Very reasonable questions, Mugabe had 7 university degrees, yet Zimbabwe's economy is in the doldrums. What we should look at is antecedents. What he has done will give us a glimpse of what he will do.
Ken4Christ:
Since it appear that the battle line is likely to be between Buhari and Atiku, I think it is important for us to start asking reasonable questions.

Please, who knows what is Atiku's highest qualification? Does he even have a first degree?

I do know it's not just about your degree but to some extent, it matters. Nigeria is where it is because we have been led by those who are not well educated.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Codes151(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2017
Desyner:
What' the use of qualification and certificate without character?
Character and learning complement each other as learning is as good as void if not earned with character (the right way) and character will fail under pressure where learning is lacking.
Atiku has been using his highly flawed character to obtain the results of a learned person all along and I don't care if he is a professor.
Jonathan had PHD but said[b] "stealing is not corruption". [/b]

You need to be in that educational level to understand that! Do a research
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by okonja(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Lets start with Buharis Primary school cert....where is it ?

Look for someone to translate this Audio track to English for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD1Ulqo8TP0

Everything about him is there
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by muller101(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2017
TedBaker:

LLB Unimaid
says who
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by muller101(m): 8:51am On Dec 18, 2017
livinbygrace:
All I know is that he graduated from ABU
Then u Don't know Jack about him.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Alibolaji: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2017
Phd
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Isun: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2017
BafanaBafana:
It's not by the degree. It's about experience and character. The dumbest president Nigeria ever had was a PhD holder. Even his English was poor.
The dumbest comment i've seen on this trend is yours...........perhaps the both of you (GEJ) gat sth in common

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Duru009(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2017
Nigerian need leadership right now

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by TheAdvocate(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2017
Like many of his generation, Atiku's father was opposed to the idea of Western education, and tried to keep Atiku out of the traditional school system. When the government discovered that Atiku was not attending mandatory schooling his father spent a few days in jail until Aisha Kande's mother paid the fine.[1]
At the age of eight Atiku enrolled in the Jada Primary School where he performed well. In 1960, he was admitted to the prestigious Adamawa Provincial Secondary School in Yola where he did well in English Language and Literature, struggled with Physics and Chemistry and Mathematics. He graduated with a Grade Three WASC/GCE Certificate in 1965.

Following secondary school, Atiku studied a short while at the Nigeria Police College in Kaduna. He left the College when he was unable to present an O-Level Mathematics result.[2] He worked briefly as a Tax Officer in the regional Ministry of Finance, from where he gained admission to the School of Hygiene in Kano in 1966.
He graduated with a Diploma in 1967, having served as Interim Student Union President at the School. In 1967 he enrolled for a Law Diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University Institute of Administration, on a scholarship from regional government. After graduation in 1969, during the Nigerian Civil War, he was employed by the Nigeria Customs Service.

Culled from Wikipedia.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by ibrokola(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Most of those War college exchange programs are typically ceremonial and attendance driven..Nobody goes for those courses and fails ..The US armyvis not concerned as long as you are not being enlisted into theor own army
Why do you keep making a fool of yourself and talking about what you have no knowledge of?
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Threebear(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2017
senatordave1:

He will slug it out for which north? You forgot that pdp won ss/se when they were in power?
You honestly think people will vote Buhari, except his North kinsmen grin grin grin
Wake up from this delusion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:

if it were about certificates zimbabwe we be the most developed country in the world..Have u ever heard of educated illiteratesyou can have all the certificates but lack basic leadership qualities,charisma,knowhow,will and ability to decipher..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Awoleesu(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You forgot to add that Buhari has a prestigious NEPA bill certificate yet he couldnt fix our electricity till date
. Bros no kill me with laughter LWKMD!

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Burgerlomo: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2017
Apart from the Educational qualifications experience in public lootings matters too grin
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by ikwubaba: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2017
Threebear:

Yes we are voting him, atiku will win in the east and south south that's for sure.
South south will always vote PDP and the east will rather vote a mannequin than Buhari.
Then can slug it out for the west and North.
I don't see how Atiku won't win this election.

hmmmmm....I like this line of thinking. So that the wailing will be louder in 2019.

Atiku win Buhari in an Election in Nigeria?

Even the so called SE and SS will be split almost equally. The whole North including Adamawa state is Buhari for the taking. I discover this is same conversation that was going on in 2015. The guy dusted a sitting president and you are imagining a goon with so much toga of corruption hanging on him on a platform of a sectional party (no SW strong footing) will now win him while he is in power.

We are even forgetting the electoral system is being thoroughly cleaned up with electronic voting being put in place. So power of big wig politicians with 'grassroots' support is been whittled down.

I suggest we start looking at 2023 for new faces and fair competitive grounds. Atiku against PMB is no brainer. Except of course....

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by aleniboro(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Maybe you are an illiterate. Education helps to train your mind to think deeper. We need intelligent leaders. It takes wisdom to govern people. And your ability to make wise decision is influenced by your educational background.
I believe you are well educated. Why don't you come out to contest. Is your education useless to that level?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by ArcFresky(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Lets start with Buharis Primary school cert....where is it ?
Stop being so dramatic, dude has a masters degree....
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by BafanaBafana: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Isun:

The dumbest comment i've seen on this trend is yours...........perhaps the both of you (GEJ) gat sth in common
Remember how your father always çalled you a foōlish boy? He actually meant it.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Abee79(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2017
Lest we forget . . . The man has a University. He can award himself any degree he wants undecided
Besides, when it comes to Nigerian politics, Certificates don't really matter. Ask Obasanjo and others grin grin grin
Next topic abeg.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Threebear(m): 9:27am On Dec 18, 2017
ikwubaba:

hmmmmm....I like this line of thinking. So that the wailing will be louder in 2019.

Atiku win Buhari in an Election in Nigeria?

Even the so called SE and SS will be split almost equally. The whole North including Adamawa state is Buhari for the taking. I discover this is same conversation that was going on in 2015. The guy dusted a sitting president and you are imagining a goon with so much toga of corruption hanging on him on a platform of a sectional party (no SW strong footing) will now win him while he is in power.

We are even forgetting the electrol system is being thoroughly cleaned up with electronic voting being put in place. So power of big wig politicians with 'grassroots' support is been whittled down.

I suggest we start looking at 2023 for new faces and fair competitive grounds. Atiku against PMB is no brainer. Except of course....

Get this into your thick empty skull, south east and south south will never vote buhari even under duress.
I don't see him winning the north either or even the west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by femfrica(m): 9:27am On Dec 18, 2017
I cannot imagine that some youthful folks are still rooting for an Atiku to be President. Clearly, its time to change our philosophies about Leadership. Age has been proven not to be an index to great leadership especially in Nigeria and I personally think the youths should put an end to talking about any Political aspirant in the 2019 elections would would be more than 42years by then!!!!

We need the Youths to take over, for so long we have listened and gullibly followed those old men and its obviously time to change that.

Say NO to Sai Babas and YES to Sai Bobo.

Its the only way out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asia El-Rufai: I’m Ready To Die In The Hands Of Kidnappers / Femi Fani-Kayode Ready To Make Another Twins As His Wife Slays 3 Weeks After / See the moment Atiku, Obi, Saraki, Arrived NG Candidate, NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.