Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? (47162 Views)

Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Buhari's Educational Qualification / See The Educational Qualification Of All President Buhari's Children, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Sunsets: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2017
Desyner:
What' the use of qualification and certificate without character?
Character and learning complement each other as learning is as good as void if not earned with character (the right way) and character will fail under pressure where learning is lacking.
Atiku has been using his highly flawed character to obtain the results of a learned person all along and I don't care if he is a professor.
Jonathan had PHD but said "stealing is not corruption".
it is people like you who urgently need education.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Funnyguy83: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2017
Bari22:

Abinda na sani na fada
Shi fada nwana abu.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 18, 2017
by this thread a time might come wen 1st degree would nt b acceptable by some Nigerians as minimum requirement to b the president.
Nigerians like dat paper called certificate alot
Pa Rob Mugabe s one of d most educated presidents with so many degrees yet d former British colony is impoverished.
Its not abt certificates its more of wat one has upstairs..
I wholeheartedly Support one being educated but that shud not b a criteria.
Americans can't vote in a dunce like we have been doing here

2 Likes

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by BrownRoofRep: 9:37am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Here is a future governor in an Eastern State. grin grin
She's 100 times better than Jubrin from Sudan and the minister of darkness.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by akigbemaru: 9:38am On Dec 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Maybe you are an illiterate. Education helps to train your mind to think deeper. We need intelligent leaders. It takes wisdom to govern people. And your ability to make wise decision is influenced by your educational background.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by akigbemaru: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2017
LordKO:
The country simply need a thoroughly educated person as its leader, so whether such a person is well-schooled or not is irrelevant. Atiku is thoroughly educated. I will always choose a thoroughly educated man over a well-schooled man that isn't thoroughly educated, any day any time, especially in a situation whereby the former seems to be of the diplomatic ethical leanings.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by akigbemaru: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

What about Yar’ Adua with an M.Sc and GEJ with a Ph.D? What difference did they make? What we need are not people with chains of degrees here and there to flaunt but what they can offer. Take for example, Okowa is a medical doctor and d present governor of Delta state yet with all its revenue is in a mess even d health sector and nothing is being planned to revamp these areas. Our ministries, departments and agencies have been headed by so-called technocrats with an array of degree yet the entire nation is retrogressing.
Our tertiary institutions are being administered by people with chains of degrees yet rather than use it for the benefit of all they develop ingenious means timo steal, plunder and criminally enrich themselves.
The system is what matters. Creating and developing strong institutions with strong enforcement of the law to ensure order in the society as well as equality before.

In the words of Obama, Africa needs strong institutions not strong men. When u ve such, no body becomes indispensible or seem to run the show. Even when the person is no longer on the scene, things wud still function as they should.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Miradamian: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2017
Desyner:
Character and learning complement each other as learning is as good as void if not earned with character (the right way) and character will fail under pressure where learning is lacking.
Atiku has been using his highly flawed character to obtain the results of a learned person all along and I don't care if he is a professor.
. Yes he was right.slealing is a crime not corruption.know your English
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Since it appear that the battle line is likely to be between Buhari and Atiku, I think it is important for us to start asking reasonable questions.

Please, who knows what is Atiku's highest qualification? Does he even have a first degree?

I do know it's not just about your degree but to some extent, it matters. Nigeria is where it is because we have been led by those who are not well educated.

who are not well educated? you had a PHd holder there for 6years. its not about education. irs the will to succeed that supercedes education for me!
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Keneeby(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2017
Desyner:

So in your dictionary stealing means corruption. Educated illiterate

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by bimsoli09: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2017
Turn Your Website Into a thriving Supermarket. Get A Premium E-commerce Website ….
For … N69,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

If your business is not online in 2017, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by akigbemaru: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2017
greiboy:
Eyah

see people who stood against buhari's primary school certificate now protecting atiku with fuzzy logic cheesy
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by akigbemaru: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2017
HAH:
Yes he has a diploma, but he employs professors in his university, he is also employing over 50000, people in different organizations with lots of them bsc, MSc and PhD holders. Stop seeing only certificate as evidence of success.

Atiku was DCG of customs, was vice President of Nigeria, this two experience is more than any certificate.

Yes certificate is good, but what you need to succeed is grace of God and has blessed atiku
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by akigbemaru: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2017
TheAdvocate:
Like many of his generation, Atiku's father was opposed to the idea of Western education, and tried to keep Atiku out of the traditional school system. When the government discovered that Atiku was not attending mandatory schooling his father spent a few days in jail until Aisha Kande's mother paid the fine.[1]
At the age of eight Atiku enrolled in the Jada Primary School where he performed well. In 1960, he was admitted to the prestigious Adamawa Provincial Secondary School in Yola where he did well in English Language and Literature, struggled with Physics and Chemistry and Mathematics. He graduated with a Grade Three WASC/GCE Certificate in 1965.

Following secondary school, Atiku studied a short while at the Nigeria Police College in Kaduna. He left the College when he was unable to present an O-Level Mathematics result.[2] He worked briefly as a Tax Officer in the regional Ministry of Finance, from where he gained admission to the School of Hygiene in Kano in 1966.
He graduated with a Diploma in 1967, having served as Interim Student Union President at the School. In 1967 he enrolled for a Law Diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University Institute of Administration, on a scholarship from regional government. After graduation in 1969, during the Nigerian Civil War, he was employed by the Nigeria Customs Service.

Culled from Wikipedia.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by nwatthu(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2017
u said it all
SalamRushdie:
Lets start with Buharis Primary school cert....where is it ?

1 Like

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Gazzy88(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Shonekan had degree in Law

YarAdua had advanced degree in Chemistry

Jonathan had doctorate degree in zoology.

Which one of them has changed our situation for better?
shonekan was just head of NIG (national interim government)for 3 months before being booted out by abacha so he's different from the rest.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by chrispapi11(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2017
Education

Like many of his generation, Atiku's father was opposed to the idea of Western education, and tried to keep Atiku out of the traditional school system. When the government discovered that Atiku was not attending mandatory schooling his father spent a few days in jail until Aisha Kande's mother paid the fine.[1]
At the age of eight Atiku enrolled in the Jada Primary School where he performed well. In 1960, he was admitted to the prestigious Adamawa Provincial Secondary School in Yola where he did well in English Language and Literature, struggled with Physics and Chemistry and Mathematics. He graduated with a Grade Three WASC/GCE Certificate in 1965.

Following secondary school, Atiku studied a short while at the Nigeria Police College in Kaduna. He left the College when he was unable to present an O-Level Mathematics result.[2] He worked briefly as a Tax Officer in the regional Ministry of Finance, from where he gained admission to the School of Hygiene in Kano in 1966.
He graduated with a Diploma in 1967, having served as Interim Student Union President at the School. In 1967 he enrolled for a Law Diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University Institute of Administration, on a scholarship from regional government. After graduation in 1969, during the Nigerian Civil War, he was employed by the Nigeria Customs Service.

#WIKIPEDIA
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Adebowale89(m): 11:01am On Dec 18, 2017
MrImole:
Why should I care about his certificates when you don't care about Buhari's own?

means you don't want to care, with the same way those you called zombies don't care abt buhari cert. then what make you different from being zombie?

Nigeria constitution needs thorough restructure. HND/bsc should be the minimum for anybody who's aspiring for Number 1 sit in Nigeria. this is why most of the states that made half educated man as their governor having a setback to move forward

even the president, if he attained ordinary degree he will know the need to appoint his ministers at the right time. funny enough he couldn't distinguished btw military era and democratic era. he keep saying he didn't see the effect of ministers

the economist advise him to devalue naira at the right time but he keep forming one man mopol. if he attained a degree even in botany, he would have the IQ to drive the country to right destination
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by ikwubaba: 11:15am On Dec 18, 2017
Threebear:

Get this into your thick empty skull, south east and south south will never vote buhari even under duress.
I don't see him winning the north either or even the west.

Very good at insulting. It is the hallmark of people with no good bases to make their point.

SE/SS are not sheep without brains. In 2015, they were fixated on GEJ for obvious reasons. But in 2019, there facing Atiku and Buhari (assuming). Both are Northerners and Muslim. Atiku carries the extra baggage of corruption personified (for God knows why) and will extend the North hold on power for 12 years if he wins. So you will have dissenting/reluctant voters in the SS/SE. Moreover, the zone do not have stomach for opposition politics. They will bend to Federal might easily-Check the take over of 2 senatorial districts by APC in Rivers state.

Hang on a minute; why the so much believe that SE/SS is so anti-Buhari. As far as I can see, the only difference is their stance for/against corruption. Are you claiming the region has very great affinity for corruption? Don't want to believe you.

As for the entire North, no Human being even of Hausa/Fulani descent can beat PMB in that region for now. Even in Adamawa state, Atiku victory is seriously contestable. The believe in low performance is your own assessment. Not by the North, especially NE, where they now have some reprieve as a result of Govt effort against BH attacks.

Ok. You can throw another insult at me now. But note, I am not your age.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Threebear(m): 11:32am On Dec 18, 2017
[[s]quote author=ikwubaba post=63388092]

Very good at insulting. It is the hallmark of people with no good bases to make their point.

SE/SS are not sheep without brains. In 2015, they were fixated on GEJ for obvious reasons. But in 2019, there facing Atiku and Buhari (assuming). Both are Northerners and Muslim. Atiku carries the extra baggage of corruption personified (for God knows why) and will extend the North hold on power for 12 years if he wins. So you will have dissenting/reluctant voters in the SS/SE. Moreover, the zone do not have stomach for opposition politics. They will bend to Federal might easily-Check the take over of 2 senatorial districts by APC in Rivers state.

Hang on a minute; why the so much believe that SE/SS is so anti-Buhari. As far as I can see, the only difference is their stance for/against corruption. Are you claiming the region has very great affinity for corruption? Don't want to believe you.

As for the entire North, no Human being even of Hausa/Fulani descent can beat PMB in that region for now. Even in Adamawa state, Atiku victory is seriously contestable. The believe in low performance is your own assessment. Not by the North, especially NE, where they now have some reprieve as a result of Govt effort against BH attacks.

Ok. You can throw another insult at me now. But note, I am not your age.

[/quote][/s]
Trash.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by bishopkay: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2017
GreatMahmud:
Atiku's highest qualification is DIPLOMA..Atiku has nothing i repeat NOTHING to offer Nigerians..He is a bigot!! How has he helped the ordinary masses after 8yrs as VP..

What has your Buhari offered the country and Nigerians so far apart from lies, tribal bigotry, propaganda, hate and hardship?

You want to know what Atiku has offered the ordinary masses, I'd tell you this... Atiku is a man who probably apart from the government and maybe IOCs and dangote has more people on his payroll from his businesses nationwide than anyone else.
He has created employment and welfare for thousands and is still poised on doing so. His university though expensive is one of the most sophisticated universities in Nigeria and Africa and to me if that's not adding value to people, I doubt what is.
Your buhari, what has he even offered himself? He never developed himself after his failed tenure as military HOS in anyway, there's no scholarship he's given out to people in his name, heck he doesn't even have a borehole in Duara to his name!
How he managed to hood wink numerous Nigerians into voting for him still baffles me! His juju must be very strong undecided (TOL thinking out loud)
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by OyiboOyibo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Like many of his generation, Atiku's father was opposed to the idea of Western education, and tried to keep Atiku out of the traditional school system. When the government discovered that Atiku was not attending mandatory schooling his father spent a few days in jail until Aisha Kande's mother paid the fine.
Following secondary school, Atiku studied a short while at the Nigeria Police College in Kaduna. He left the College when he was unable to present an O-Level Mathematics result. [2] He worked briefly as a Tax Officer in the regional Ministry of Finance, from where he gained admission to the School of Hygiene in Kano in 1966.
He graduated with a Diploma in 1967, having served as Interim Student Union President at the School. In 1967 he enrolled for a Law Diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University Institute of Administration, on a scholarship from regional government. After graduation in 1969, during the Nigerian Civil War, he was employed by the Nigeria Customs Service .
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by senatordave1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Threebear:

Get this into your thick empty skull, south east and south south will never vote buhari even under duress.
I don't see him winning the north either or even the west.
Threebear or threebeards or whatever,you are driven by hate and sentiments to say buhari would not even win the north.how many states has atiku won in the north before? Even in 2011 and 2015 primaries,he didnt get the votes from adamawa delegates.ss/se would go to atiku your new father but marginally due to federal might that will deflate those votes.buhari would heavily win ne/nw/ n slightly win sw/nc.up apc.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by TedBaker(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
muller101:
says who
Says i, a unimadlid law alumni
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by DeWorlex45(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
ikwubaba:

hmmmmm....I like this line of thinking. So that the wailing will be louder in 2019.

Atiku win Buhari in an Election in Nigeria?

Even the so called SE and SS will be split almost equally. The whole North including Adamawa state is Buhari for the taking. I discover this is same conversation that was going on in 2015. The guy dusted a sitting president and you are imagining a goon with so much toga of corruption hanging on him on a platform of a sectional party (no SW strong footing) will now win him while he is in power.

We are even forgetting the electoral system is being thoroughly cleaned up with electronic voting being put in place. So power of big wig politicians with 'grassroots' support is been whittled down.

I suggest we start looking at 2023 for new faces and fair competitive grounds. Atiku against PMB is no brainer. Except of course....

If Buhari was so strong & popular as u want us to bliv, why did it take him 4 good times to win d same election he won d 4th time?. remembered he contested with GEJ In 2011?? Dis is NIGERIA wia anything can happen. If it can took BUHARI 4times to win an election, then d probability of ATIKU winning d same election may be sure. To make d matter worst is d leadership style of BUHARI dat make one wonder if he was even ready for d office he was seeking to occupy for 4 consecutive times. D failures of BUHARI was d reason for considering an ATIKU.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Since it appear that the battle line is likely to be between Buhari and Atiku, I think it is important for us to start asking reasonable questions.

Please, who knows what is Atiku's highest qualification? Does he even have a first degree?

I do know it's not just about your degree but to some extent, it matters. Nigeria is where it is because we have been led by those who are not well educated.
Since it appears...
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
DeWorlex45:
If Buhari was so strong & popular as u want us to bliv, why did it took him 4 good times to win d same election he won d 4th time?. remembered he contested with GEJ In 2011??
.. why did it take him..
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by DeWorlex45(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
elfmann:
.. why did it take him..
Thanks sir, was a mistake, & was modified.
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Blizzy9ja: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
Desyner:
Now I understand the first meme i read on this thread... Your brain sure needs a mechanic
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by Naijiant: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
The only certificate that matters is school certificate (or equivalent) - according to the constitution. Nigeria's problem is not the lack of certificates: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/qualified-for-madness/
Re: What Is Atiku Abubakar's Highest Educational Qualification? by muller101(m): 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
TedBaker:

Says i, a unimadlid law alumni
you are wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: 4 Valid Reasons Why Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock / Nigeria Needs A Youth Who Demonstrated Progress In Personal Capacity - Imumolen / Goodbye To Twitter In Nigeria - Adamu Garba Mocks Twitter After Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.